Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   How to think happy if you are sad? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140271)

Ewwerrin 23-05-2021 04:20 PM

How to think happy if you are sad?

if you get what you what think about, and you cannot think happy thoughts if you are sad, then how can you think happy thoughts to manifest happiness aka unconditional alignment?

EDIT: quote abraham: This is a vibrational universe, and you are vibration and you create your own reality, and Law of Attraction manages it all, and you get what you think about.
I like that, but if you are vibrating sadness, then you cannot manifest a thought of happiness. And so you cannot think what you want. And so you cannot create your own reality. Huh? That contradicts the first statement. I don't understand how this is possible. Can anyone help explain?

Miss Hepburn 23-05-2021 06:02 PM

Contrary to popular belief - I was once a depressed person :tongue:..for well over a year anyway.
Then, a therapist friend said, ''Ok. Enough, now you have to learn Thought Control.''
Huh? It was such a foreign idea...I thought ya just, ''go with whatever you're feeling".
What a bunch of baloney THAT its! :eek:
If you just go with some 'mood' - it can take you into a pit.

So for a week I did what she said, When I have a thought that is depressing, (because of a breakup)..Stop and change the channel...just think of something else.

After a week it worked - the earth didn't stop turning because I didn't think sad thought thoughts.

Hmmm....so I did it for another week.
And never stopped. That was around 2007. That was before LOA and Abraham-Hicks.

Your emotions are in your control ---like the rudder on a boat...you steer your thoughts, they steer your ups and downs.

BUT, my opinion? As long as you savor your suffering, your troubles, your anger or jealousies or regrets (aka suffering)---wallowing in them out of control,
you will never make the change or the effort to stop once and for all.
PERIOD.
That's my input.
And I have said it many times over the years here. Hope it helps someone who is ready to stop the sadness.

Maybe one more week for someone reading this of sadness, depression, self-loathing and a person will have had enough!!!:hug3:
That's all it takes.
Having enough of that nonsense! :wink:

Ewwerrin 23-05-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Contrary to popular belief - I was once a depressed person :tongue:..for well over a year anyway.
Then, a therapist friend said, ''Ok. Enough, now you have to learn Thought Control.''
Huh? It was such a foreign idea...I thought ya just, ''go with whatever your're feeling".
What a bunch of baloney THAT its! :eek:
If you just go with some 'mood' - it can take you into a pit.

So for a week I did what she said, When I have a thought that is depressing, (because of a breakup)..Stop and change the channel...just think of something else.

After a week it worked - the earth didn't stop turning because I didn't think sad thought thoughts.

Hmmm....so I did it for another week.
And never stopped. That was around 2007. That was before LOA and Abraham-Hicks.

Your emotions are in your control ---like the rudder on a boat...you steer your thoughts, they steer your ups and downs.

BUT, my opinion? As long as you savor your suffering, your troubles, your anger or jealousies or regrets (aka suffering)---wallowing in them out of control,
you will never make the change or the effort to stop once and for all.
PERIOD.
That's my input.
And I have said it many times over the years here. Hope it helps someone who is ready to stop the sadness.

Maybe one more week for someone reading this of sadness, depression, self-loathing and a person will have had enough!!!:hug3:
That's all it takes.
Having enough of that nonsense! :wink:

I do have enough of that nonsense, and have had enough of it for a long time. And I meditated 10 years to cope. But it still keeps coming. And when I feel a little bit of positive emotion, boom everything explodes and I'm back at -10. I have resistance to feeling good appearantly. I focused deliberately and hard on feeling good, consistently pure focus relentless focus and I felt waaaay worse than when I meditate. and feel nothing. For days... There was a very fractured glimpse of a bulge of positive emotion, like burp that was stuck in my chest and just vanished internally like a snail in its shell. And that positive emotion caused like allot of resistance to come to the surface and boom negative emotion, back to meditating and not feeling anything again.

Currently I can only reach boredom, cause i do this for 10 years now. made some progress towards boredom in all of that time, but still, one ounce of contentment and boom my entire reality explodes. I have to force it really sooooo hard to even get any positive emotion at all. I don't think determination is really gonna work here. Yet that is not what Abraham says. Abraham says that going from boredom to contentment is the EASIEST thing. It takes me days to focus, and my focus is very difficult, but with extreme effort it back fires. And with not enough effort, it takes days to focus on letting go and really finding tiny bits of relief from neutrality tipping point to contentment. And then the contentment lasts very short or it is very vague like half content. Very meager contentment.

Ewwerrin 23-05-2021 06:34 PM

So, how do I know what I am suppose to think about? Because every thought I can think, will just come from the vibration of not happy, so there is no way to think happy and thus get happy?

Or would you suggest changing the channel so often untill I become confused. Or diffuse my focus so much that I don't feel any emotion, which I can also do. But then from the tipping point of neutrality. The moment I activate a thought, any thought, it becomes negative or boring.

Like I'm standing on the tipping of the scale and I lean forward and the scale falls backwards. So I'm standing on the tip for hours on end, perfect neutrality, emotional wise. Yet like I can't even succeed in that tiny little nudge forward. It backfires all of the time even in the slightest of leaning towards the positive.

And if this keeps up im gonna start becoming afraid of positive emotion or positive energy. And I know that makes no sense. And I'm honestly not doing this on purpose. I know IT IS SUPPOSE TO FEEL GOOD TO FEEL GOOD. So there must be something that I am missing here.

Miss Hepburn 23-05-2021 06:36 PM

You ''focused hard on feeling good...''

Maybe too hard...this is what I mean.
Say, your baby has crawled to the edge of the bed.
Do you pick it up and roughly put it back at the center?
No.
You gently place it back.
If the needle gets stuck on a record do you roughly slam it back into the groove?
No.

Just when you feel something you would rather not...gently place your focus on something
that feels a little better.
Do not expect to go from sad to blissfully happy in 4 seconds or 4 min!
As Abraham says ..reach for the better feeling feeling --that's all;
it could be as simple as, ''Oh, I forgot I have that new book to relax with'' Goody..
That's better than the sad thoughts you were having .
It's a practice...
Until you can recognize what the mind is doing to you and you keep nipping it in the bud...it gets tired bothering you
after awhile and you can feel good most of the time now!

Ewwerrin 23-05-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

You ''focused hard on feeling good...''
Maybe too hard...this is what I mean.
Say, your baby has crawled to the edge of the bed.
Do you pick it up and roughly put it back at the center?
No. ....

What is that something that feels better tho? The highest vibration I know I can comfortably reach, is boredom. But it's still not comfortable enough ofcourse. So I try to stay neutral and reach for that. Contentment and acceptance. Letting go and letting god, like wayne dyer always says.
I keep letting go and letting god. And that's the best I can do. But that is so easy that it always gets back to boredom.

Where I am just staring at a wall or dozing off into semi-consciousness. and I say to myself. How can I be happy about this wall? Content. Well, it's a nice sturdy wall, flat... And those words don't move my emotion at all. It's a sturdy wall, it really is, a nice flat smackable wall, but I don't seem to care. And then I say, ok it's alright that I don't care about the wall. I don't have to care about the wall. I am free from the obligation to care about the wall. So I look at my keyboard, and there are many letters on it, overwhelment. No... Back to the wall. The wall is simpler. Easier. But still boring. Impossible to reach contentment.

I think I'm doing something wrong. Otherwise I'm just gonna go back to bed and sleep for another 10 more years or so.

Ewwerrin 23-05-2021 07:14 PM

Boredom: I have given up on everything. I'm letting go of all of it.
17... 16... 15... 14... 13... 12... 11... 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 0...
I succesfully counted to 0. I'm gonna draw a painting now.

Miss Hepburn 23-05-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Where I am just staring at a wall or dozing off into semi-consciousness. and I say to myself. How can I be happy about this wall? Content. Well, it's a nice sturdy wall, flat... And those words don't move my emotion at all. It's a sturdy wall, it really is, a nice flat smackable wall, but I don't seem to care..

From boredom go to gratitude. Stay and feel gratitude and humility for awhile.
Ever been without a freaking wall? A ceiling - no bed, no covers...no food, cold, running from the enemy?
Boredom is a step above many.
Go to gratitude.

Do you have your health and can you walk - go outdoors and help someone.
Your mind /ego has trapped you in a cycle ...you have to break free of it.
Or not. You could stay online helping no one and complaining.
How's that been workin' out forya?

Ewwerrin 24-05-2021 03:46 AM

Quote:

From boredom go to gratitude. Stay and feel gratitude and humility for awhile.
Ever been without a freaking wall? A ceiling - no bed, no covers...no food, cold, running from the enemy?
Boredom is a step above many.
Go to gratitude.

Do you have your health and can you walk - go outdoors and help someone.
Your mind /ego has trapped you in a cycle ...you have to break free of it.
Or not. You could stay online helping no one and complaining.
How's that been workin' out forya?

So I gotta channel the supply of godly sacrifice of other people who don't have acces to a comfort in order to be able to appreciate my comfort? It kinda makes me sad for them. And sad that they even exist at all. And that no one cares about them, or even has the capacity to care about them. This sacrificial approach you are suggesting feels way worse.

Can't go outdoors.
Creation and all of this universe is infinite ever expanding fractaline cycles within cycles within cycles. That's not my mind that's doing that to me, neither my mind which is spinning the world in cyclical orbit around the sun, and around its axis to create the day and night cycle, that we are all eternally trapped in the fractaline cyclical nature of creation, as the substance out which every partical in the universe is made. Including us.
And the vibrational cycle is what everything that exists is made out of.
That is not my mind doing that, and I'm not complaining about it, just stating the facts.

I thought you enjoyed abraham hicks teachings. Thought maybe you know something about their teachings. And could explain it to me. But you are free to say that you don't know anything about what Abraham Hicks teachings. I woulden't complain if you cannot clarify this for me. But you sound angry for some reason. Like you've got allot of resistance towards some idea you are observing and wish it to end in some kind of way. Maybe you are angry at yourself, because every anger is kinda somewhat about the relationship between self and Self anyway.

flow.alignment 27-05-2021 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
if you get what you what think about, and you cannot think happy thoughts if you are sad, then how can you think happy thoughts to manifest happiness aka unconditional alignment?

EDIT: quote abraham: This is a vibrational universe, and you are vibration and you create your own reality, and Law of Attraction manages it all, and you get what you think about.
I like that, but if you are vibrating sadness, then you cannot manifest a thought of happiness. And so you cannot think what you want. And so you cannot create your own reality. Huh? That contradicts the first statement. I don't understand how this is possible. Can anyone help explain?

Thoughts can be both attracted through your vibration (how you feel) and created through your focus and intent.

Thoughts created through your focus is easy enough to understand - that's like mentally repeating an affirmation, for example. Thoughts that are attracted through your vibration are those that spontaneously enter your mind.

You're right, in that if you're feeling sad then you won't attract happy thoughts and if you intentionally think a happy thought it is not going to feel real/true to you. Those kinds of thoughts will do very little for improving how you feel. They are like empty shells.

This is because you can only feel a little bit better or worse than how you currently feel. This is your "vibrational range."

If you're feeling sad, then happiness is too much of a leap - it's like trying to go from the first step of some stairs to half way up in one step. It's too big of a vibrational difference.

If you try to think happy thoughts when you're sad, you won't feel them as being true.

If you're sad, you need to reach for a thought that feels a bit better than sadness that also feels true. This feeling you're reaching for might still be negative, but it will feel better and move you closer to happiness.

Abe gives a list of emotions in the book, Ask and It Is Given that they call the Emotional Guidance Scale.
They recommend reaching for a thought that is 1 or 2 steps higher on the scale than where you currently are.

This is the idea behind reaching for a feeling of contentment when you're feeling bored.

This doesn't mean that any thought that reflects contentment on the surface will feel real/true to you or will move you in a better feeling direction. Everyone has different preferences, so will feel content about different things. You need to reach for a thought of contentment that feels real/true to you - a thought that is also resonant.

Your example of thinking of the positive aspects of a wall is really closer to reaching for a feeling of appreciation for an object (that you care little about) than contentment. Appreciation is much higher on the emotional scale than contentment, so in that example, you're aiming too high if you're feeling bored.

But let's say you were reaching for a feeling of contentment about having 4 walls around you. This might be a poor choice for you if it's something you don't care about it.

On the other hand, someone else who had an experience of being stuck out in the wilderness for several cold and windy nights without a fire or tent might be able to reach a feeling of contentment very easily just for having 4 walls around them and a roof over their heads.

It's a process of trial and error - you need to keep reaching for a thought that feels better. Don't judge a thought by how positive it appears on the surface - judge it by how it makes you feel.

Once you do find a thought that you feel some genuine contentment with, that's like getting your foot in the door because your vibration is still mostly boredom but shifted slightly upward. The next step is to build on that (expand on the thought that got you there) and keep at it until your vibration is dominantly contentment.

Once you are in contentment, you can repeat the process again, reaching for hopefulness or maybe optimism.

Besides how you feel, you can also tell what your vibration is by paying close attention to the thoughts that spontaneously enter your mind. Those are thoughts that you've attracted through your vibration. If most of your thoughts reflect contentment, then you've made it.

Personally, I find it very challenging to improve how I feel by consciously directing my thoughts.

The good news is, there are many ways you can improve the way you feel without directing your thoughts.

Once you raise your vibration, then the lower vibrational thoughts that previously felt normal, will no longer spontaneously enter your mind and better feeling thoughts will feel real to you.

For example, once when I was in a pretty bad state, I was overwhelmed by thoughts of worry and couldn't imagine things getting better in my life. I sat down to clear the emotions in meditation and 25 minutes later, it was like night and day. I couldn't believe the difference - I could barely even remember what I was so worried about and it felt ridiculous that just 30 mins earlier I felt my situation was hopeless.

From this state, thoughts of worry no longer entered my mind (I was no longer attracting them) and when I did try to recall them, they were difficult remember or focus on.

Another nice thing is that you don't even need to consciously think or focus positively to reach a better feeling place. This is because your natural state is one of joy and love - the very top of the emotional scale.

The reason anyone feels anything less than that is because they have a habits of thought or focus that hold their vibration in a lower/worse feeling place. If were to stop focusing on the things that bug them for long enough, they will effortlessly start feeling better.

Abe has described it as a cork bobbing on the surface of the water - the floating cork is your natural state joy. When you focus on things that lower your vibration it's like holding the cork underwater. If you stop focusing on those things, it's like letting go of the cork and having it float back to the surface.

This post I made talks about this and gives a process you can try.

If you're feeling stress or anger, you can hit something to send the angry/stressful energy out of your body to clear the feeling.

You can listen to music that is a bit better feeling that what currently resonates most, and work your way upwards from there.

There are also energy-based techniques (like working with energy centers, your higher self/soul, light, etc.).