Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Glen D 03-10-2017 07:44 PM

"To transcend the world requires compassion and acceptance,
the result of inner humility,by which the world is surrendered to
God with increased peace of mind"
Doc Hawkins

"Through compassion arises the desire to understand rather
than condemn.Doc Hawkins

It is not the world that is a trap,but one's attachment to it, along
with one's observations that cloud the search for truth.
Doc Hawkins

Glen D 03-10-2017 07:52 PM

"Realize the journey and the goal are always the same"
Wayne Dyer

Glen D 04-10-2017 04:06 PM

"geez I'm going over big here"

A human Being 05-10-2017 09:44 AM

Love the quotes, Glen :) Particularly that last one - Socrates, I believe :tongue:

A human Being 06-10-2017 12:44 PM

'Many people get confused about speaking the truth; they think speaking the truth means saying whatever it is you're feeling egoically, and that's not speaking the truth, that's vomiting your ego on the world - that's being a slave to your ego, that's being a victim. Speaking your truth means listening to that which you hold most high.' - Craig Holliday

r6r6 19-10-2017 12:45 AM

..."I tell you,

we are here on Earth to fart around,

and don't let anybody tell you different."....
Kurt Vonnegut

A human Being 19-10-2017 02:35 PM

'The only emotions that you can heal are the ones that you let yourself feel and let yourself express. In order to feel our emotions we have to risk vulnerability; vulnerability can be very difficult, especially for those of us who equate it with getting hurt, so it seems very risky to allow ourselves to come into touch with our own emotions. But you can't heal the emotions you can't feel, and your life will go very,very badly for you if you can't risk that vulnerability and at least allow yourself to touch on those emotions and express them.' - Teal Swan
Quote:

Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."I tell you,

Kurt Vonnegut

I remember reading that quote about ten years back, it did give me a chuckle - always had a soft spot for ol' Kurt V :)

r6r6 20-10-2017 02:36 AM

Art of the Soul

To practice any art,
no matter how well or badly,
is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.
----- A Man Without a Country, Kurt Vonnegut----
Quote:

Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."I tell you,
Kurt Vonnegut

ajay00 21-10-2017 04:51 PM

Awareness is the silent and choiceless observation of 'what is'. - J.Krishnamurti

All human suffering is a variation on this theme—trying to control the waves, trying to control our present-moment experience so it conforms to our ideas and concepts of how it should be. If you want to suffer, compare this moment with your image of how it should be! -- Jeff Foster

Clover 24-10-2017 12:49 PM

"The Earth is alive and contains the knowledge you seek. It is your consciousness that determines what it reveals. How to access this knowledge? And where are the keys to open it and make it yours? The Earth speaks. Love her, honor and respect her and she will reveal her secrets."

Barbara Marciniak