Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   5 Powerful Bible Verses About Love (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137904)

Lovelytony22 14-11-2020 02:52 AM

5 Powerful Bible Verses About Love

Love is the answer to many of the problems going on in our world today. If we truly love each other; there will be peace and harmony.

We must learn how to show love wherever we find ourselves. If you say you love someone, then you have to show it.

1. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love"
1 John 4:18

2. "Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame"
Song of songs 8:6

3. "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love"
1 John 4:8

4. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing"
1 Corinthians 13:2

5. "Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:17-18

ImthatIm 14-11-2020 05:37 AM

Right on.:smile:

Miss Hepburn 14-11-2020 07:10 AM

May I add more?

1 John 4-16

And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us.
God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God and God in him.

BigJohn 14-11-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
Love is the answer to many of the problems going on in our world today. If we truly love each other; there will be peace and harmony.

We must learn how to show love wherever we find ourselves. If you say you love someone, then you have to show it.

1. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love"

like a seal on your arm;
like a mighty flame"

4. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing"

5. "Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Nice selection.

BigJohn 14-11-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
May I add more?

1 John 4-16

And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us.
God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God and God in him.

................ and a nice addition.

Molearner 14-11-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovelytony22

like a seal on your arm;
like a mighty flame"

Lovely to you,

These were great with the exception of number 5. This seems to define ‘neighbor’ as those belonging to one’s tribe. Jesus redefined neighbor and expanded its meaning.

BigJohn 14-11-2020 11:41 PM

My favorite scripture is Genesis 1:1.

There is 'so much' in that verse that I could write a book just on that singular verse.

Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning, God created the Heaven(s) and the Earth."

BigJohn 16-11-2020 02:15 PM

Technically you can *edited*[/quote]
Sounds a little prejudice........ just my opinion.

You seem to indicate that I "can love one person and condemn another then you cannot love at all". How did you come to such a conclusion? You do not even know me.

Miss Hepburn 16-11-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Agree 100% :smile:

Even tho I had to edit it ---I understand the point he was making. :wink:

sky 16-11-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Even tho I had to edit it ---I understand the point he was making. :wink:

That's coz your cool :smile: