Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   ISHWARA IS CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF, (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142817)

Michael K. 02-02-2022 05:22 PM

ISHWARA IS CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF,

India has always had a profound effect upon me, I have visited the country several times, went to the ashram of Aurobindo in Podicherry and twice to the ashram of SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI where I was greatly impressed by the power and the energy that I felt there and the holy mountain of Arunachala.
I became aware of BRAHMAN and the begotten son of BRAHMAN ISHWARA
who I gathered was the lord of the universe and master of nothing ISHWARA has now become my GURU and GUIDE in life, I realised that ISHWARA is not in this world as an invisible presence, rather the world itself is the visible presence of ISHWARA.
ISHWARA is I believe the "DIVINE spirit within mankind".

regards michael.

Unseeking Seeker 03-02-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

“DIVINE spirit within mankind”
Or we may say, the-all-that-is

Michael K. 03-02-2022 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Or we may say, the-all-that-is

Absolutely so Unseeking Seeker, I see ISHWARA as the begotten son of BRAHMAN and have surrendered that which I AM to have ISHWARA as my
GURU and Guide and awaken into its AWARENESS and consciousness.

regards michael.

Michael K. 25-02-2022 11:55 PM

Ishwara is consciousness Itself.

ISHWARA is an absolute principle that contains this universe within its infinite bosom, a divine universal principle that dwells within all expressed life universally.

Within the east this divine WHOLLY principle is called ISHWARA the lord of the universe, and master of NOTHING.

In the west this WHOLLY Principle is called the CHRIST principle, a principle which is universal and absolute, not to be confused with a man named Jesus
who was just "OVERSHADOWED" by this universal principle as our thousands
of other souls both here in the west as CHRIST consciousness, and in the east as ISHWARA consciousness, both these two are absolutely identical with each other.

regards michael.

Michael K. 05-04-2022 10:59 PM

ISHWARA IS CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF.

I see ISHWARA as the divine only begotten son of Brahman who acts as the Divine CHARIOTEER the motioning force that makes him the Lord of this universe, and the master of nothing. This entire relative universe is contained within the presence of ISHWARA, all universal energy is powered by the one MOTIONEER of divine will and INTENT which is ISHWARA.

regards michael.

HITESH SHAH 09-04-2022 05:27 PM

ISHWAR consciousness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael K.
ISHWARA is an absolute principle that contains this universe within its infinite bosom, a divine universal principle that dwells within all expressed life universally.

Within the east this divine WHOLLY principle is called ISHWARA the lord of the universe, and master of NOTHING.

In the west this WHOLLY Principle is called the CHRIST principle, a principle which is universal and absolute, not to be confused with a man named Jesus
who was just "OVERSHADOWED" by this universal principle as our thousands
of other souls both here in the west as CHRIST consciousness, and in the east as ISHWARA consciousness, both these two are absolutely identical with each other.

Yes this source , consciousness is variously called by different people with different name like Christ consciousness , Krishna consciousness , Source , Brahman , Chit Shakti etc

This source we call God lets the seeker see Him in anyway the seeker finds it suitable . So their can be varied relationship like father-son , husband-wife , friendship , employer/employee , parent-child (child being God!!) . The source accommodates the seeker in the way seeker sees Him provides seeker is genuine ,sincere and perseverent.

HITESH SHAH 11-04-2022 02:13 PM

genuine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viswa
Especially, Genuine. That's the key.

The thing about Genuine is, To see Him as 'son-spouse-etc.,' is Genuine true feeling of source. But, if they see their own 'son-spouse-etc.,' as source, then it happens to be Bondage.
This difference defines Genuine..

First good that u decided to join the forum again . Welcome back.

I note that u rightly mentioned seeing God within . I think that's very key and i have seen that making many wonders in the life .

Genuineness as illustrated by you is right . Further every relation has certain intrinsic characteristics . If one fulfills that , one can be viewed/ considered as genuine.

I understand defined the genuineness

Michael K. 26-04-2022 07:32 PM

ISHWARA is the universe, containing the infinite relative universe within its being, ISHWARA is the only begotten son of BRAHMAN, issued out of Brahman at that primordial intentional wave that gave birth to motion and this universe;

ISHWARA is the DIVINE RIDER OF THE WILL OF BRAHMAN, ISHWARA surfs
on the divine intent wave of evolution, and is within each one of us as that of Intelligent manifested vehicles we call simply that of humanity.

regards michael.

Unseeking Seeker 27-04-2022 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael
and is within each one of us

Once we know this, everything changes

Michael K. 27-04-2022 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Once we know this, everything changes

Indeed it does, thank you Unseeking seeker;

regards michael.

Still_Waters 27-04-2022 02:29 PM

QUOTE 6 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Yes this source , consciousness is variously called by different people with different name like Christ consciousness , Krishna consciousness , Source , Brahman , Chit Shakti etc

Wonderful post - ALL of it ! :love4::thumbsup:

Since we are limited in the amount of info that we can quote from a post, I love :love4: this link feature as it allows one to provide a link to the WHOLE post.:smile:

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...58&postcount=6

Still_Waters 27-04-2022 02:35 PM

QUOTE 8 EXCERPT:

Quote:

ISHWARA is the universe, containing the infinite relative universe within its being, ISHWARA is the only begotten son of BRAHMAN, issued out of Brahman at that primordial intentional wave that gave birth to motion and this universe;

Gaudapada's Karika does not even differentiate between ISHWARA and BRAHMAN. :smile:

(For those who are not familiar with Gaudapada, he is the teacher of the teacher of Shankara, who was a leading proponent of Advaita Vedanta. The Karika focuses on the Mandukya Upanishad.)

Michael K. 28-04-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 8 EXCERPT:Gaudapada's Karika does not even differentiate between ISHWARA and BRAHMAN. :smile:
(For those who are not familiar with Gaudapada, he is the teacher of the teacher of Shankara, who was a leading proponent of Advaita Vedanta. The Karika focuses on the Mandukya Upanishad.)

Thank you Still Waters for your input here Glad to know that there is correspondence to this writing on ISHWARA.
regards michael.

Still_Waters 29-04-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Thank you Still Waters for your input here Glad to know that there is correspondence to this writing on ISHWARA.
regards michael.

In addition, if you are familiar with the Niyamas (2nd limb of Asthanga "eight limbed" Yoga, also known as Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras), the 5th of the Niyamas (observances) is ISHWARA PRANIDHANA. it is well said that the one who has mastered this can skip all the other steps (limbs).:smile:

For those unfamiliar with ISHWARA PRANIDHANA, a good definition is:

"Pranidhana means to dedicate, devote, or surrender. The practice of Ishvara Pranidhana therefore means that if we are able to completely surrender our individual ego identities to God (our own higher self) we will attain the identity of God."

Michael K. 02-05-2022 03:09 PM

ISHWARA is CONSCIOUSNESS ITELF

ISHWARA is more than just consciousness it actually has this entire universe within its infinite bosom. We that of humanity are all embodiments of ISHWARA if fact the only thing that actually exists within this universe is ISHWARA.

regards michael

JustASimpleGuy 08-05-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

ISHWARA is more than just consciousness it actually has this entire universe within its infinite bosom. We that of humanity are all embodiments of ISHWARA if fact the only thing that actually exists within this universe is ISHWARA.

From the Advaita perspective Ishwara is the ultimate manifestation of Brahman and Brahman is SatChitAnanda so Brahman is Consciousness. In effect Ishwara is an appearance of Brahman and within Brahma, albeit the highest appearance. Think when Sri Krishna revealed his cosmic nature to Arjuna in the Gita.

The relationship depends on the school of Hinduism.

Rameses 04-08-2022 04:19 PM

Parabrahman, the Source.

Quote:

India has always had a profound effect upon me, I have visited the country several times, went to the ashram of Aurobindo in Podicherry and twice to the ashram of SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI where I was greatly impressed by the power and the energy that I felt there and the holy mountain of Arunachala.

Hi All,

If Ishwara is the World itself, the World being a mere illusion, then is not Ishwara also a merely illusion ?
Quote:

This source we call God lets the seeker see Him in anyway the seeker finds it suitable .

If your definition of God is Sat-Chit-Ananda, Brahman, Christ-Krishna consciousness, Brahman, then you’re identifying Ishwara with Consciousness.

Is there not a Source to this Consciousness ?
Quote:

QUOTE 8 EXCERPT:
Gaudapada's Karika does not even differentiate between ISHWARA and BRAHMAN. :smile:

Quote:

In addition, if you are familiar with the Niyamas (2nd limb of Asthanga "eight limbed" Yoga, also known as Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras), the 5th of the Niyamas (observances) is ISHWARA PRANIDHANA. it is well said that the one who has mastered this can skip all the other steps (limbs).:smile:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
From the Advaita perspective Ishwara is the ultimate manifestation of Brahman and Brahman is SatChitAnanda so Brahman is Consciousness. In effect Ishwara is an appearance of Brahman and within Brahma, albeit the highest appearance. Think when Sri Krishna revealed his cosmic nature to Arjuna in the Gita.

The relationship depends on the school of Hinduism.

Yes, depends on the School of Hinduism we refer to.

Still, I do not remember reading or hearing an identification between Ishwara-Brahman and the PARABRAHMAN-Source.

Why considering the creation of the word Parabrahman - Para is a Sanskrit word which translates literally to mean "supreme," "highest" or "absolute" - if it’s not the ground afore Brahman-Ishwara, then the Real Supreme Reality Source ?

Best regards,
R.

peteyzen 05-08-2022 03:09 PM

`If Ishwara is the World itself, the World being a mere illusion, then is not Ishwara also a merely illusion ?`
Lovely question. I am not sure if my answer is correct or not but here goes.
When people say the world is an illusion, they mean it is not the highest truth, like a dream. Something has occured in order for a dream to take place, and although from the point of the observer the dream seems real, it is just something that takes place within the mind of the observer and not the reality. In the same way this universe is something that takes place within the mind of the divine. It is not the higher reality of what you and I really am.
We are beings of conscious light. This universe is a manifestation created by that light slowing down its rate of vibration in order to create this material (and all the other planes) plane. As we go up the planes and our vibration increases, we become closer to our true nature. Its like water, as we speed up the molecules they become steam, as we slow them down they eventually become Ice.

HITESH SHAH 07-08-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameses
If your definition of God is Sat-Chit-Ananda, Brahman, Christ-Krishna consciousness, Brahman, then you’re identifying Ishwara with Consciousness.

Is there not a Source to this Consciousness ?

God /source / Brahman / Para-brahman (better than Brahman ) is without beginning , unending , all-permeating ,all pervasive , omni-present . Consicuousness itself is the source . There is no source to source as I explained about the nature

JustASimpleGuy 08-08-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Still, I do not remember reading or hearing an identification between Ishwara-Brahman and the PARABRAHMAN-Source.

https://vedantaandscience.com/?p=499

Nirguna Brahman: Nirguna Brahman means Brahman without qualities or attributes.

Saguna Brahman = Ishvara: Saguna Brahman or Ishvara means Brahman with qualities and attributes.

From the Advaita perspective the only relationship between Nirguna Brahman and Saguna Brahman is ignorance, and that ignorance is Nirguna Brahman's reflection as Saguna Brahman. Remove the ignorance and there is only Nirguna Brahman.

HITESH SHAH 09-08-2022 02:00 PM

ishwar

Quote:

Why considering the creation of the word Parabrahman - Para is a Sanskrit word which translates literally to mean "supreme," "highest" or "absolute" - if it’s not the ground afore Brahman-Ishwara, then the Real Supreme Reality Source ?

Best regards,
R.

Ishwar is not used as a terminology . It is used to refer the divine force either in human form (Sagun Sakar - with form and qualities ) to abstract (Nirgun nirakar - formless without qualities)

Ishwar is what God is in Judaism and Christianity. There are many names used for the source of this universe in Hindu religion, such as Ishwar, Pameshwar, Parmatma, Bhagwan, omkaar, Jagadish or Raam. Ishwar has no form .

Many a times all divine figures such as Vishnu, Shiva or Brahma are also referred to as Ishwar / God incarnate .

If you are looking to understand the theology than right word for all of human incarnate God/ Ishwar is 'Avatar' which literally means coming down of supreme consciousness in miniature form in a limited human body form with all its limitations.

Now the way one may feel assignment of 'God'/Ishwar title on human form arbitrary , the same way assigning any other divine role to human such as 'son' or 'messenger' or 'enlightened' also can look arbitrary .
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justasimpleguy
From the Advaita perspective the only relationship between Nirguna Brahman and Saguna Brahman is ignorance, and that ignorance is Nirguna Brahman's reflection as Saguna Brahman. Remove the ignorance and there is only Nirguna Brahman.

Not sure exactly what you imply by word 'ignorance' . But there is tremendous value in Saguna Brahman . All religions allude qualities to God including . So considering Sagun Brahman as ignorance may not be the first thing for one to learn . And doing that may not be the guarantee for Nirgun Brahman realization .

JustASimpleGuy 16-08-2022 08:55 AM

Quote:

Not sure exactly what you imply by word 'ignorance' . But there is tremendous value in Saguna Brahman . All religions allude qualities to God including . So considering Sagun Brahman as ignorance may not be the first thing for one to learn . And doing that may not be the guarantee for Nirgun Brahman realization .

The ignorance is thinking there's a difference. :wink: Swami Vivekananda put it this way. Everything is not. Brahman alone is.

Michael K. 10-03-2023 07:16 PM

ISHWARA is supreme consciousness of the east, and the Christ principle is the supreme consciousness of the west, both are in truth ONE of the same thing.

regards michael.

AnotherBob 12-03-2023 10:33 PM

The most prominent realizer of Advaita Vedanta in recent time is still Ramana Maharshi. Here is something from David Godman, his chronicler, on Ishwara.

"The mind brings an illusory world into existence, dividing it into a seer and seen: a jiva who appears to inhabit the body, and an external world that is witnessed by it. When this projection takes place, Iswara, the God who supervises this creation, is also created. This God, the God who creates and sustains the world, is a mental creation, meaning that when the mind dies, the jiva, the world and God die with it, leaving Self alone. Iswara allocates karma to devotees and ensures that each devotee experiences the consequences of his and her actions. Here are some interesting answers that Paul Brunton elicited from Bhagavan on Iswara and his role in devotees’ lives:

Question: Is there a separate being Iswara who is the rewarder of virtue and punisher of sins? Is there a God?

Bhagavan: Yes.

Question: What is he like?

Bhagavan: Iswara has individuality in mind and body, which are perishable, but at the same time he also has the transcendental consciousness and liberation inwardly.

Iswara the personal God, the supreme creator of the universe really does exist. But this is only true from the relative standpoint of those who have not realised the truth, those people who believe in the reality of individual souls. From the absolute standpoint the sage cannot accept any other existence than the impersonal Self, one and formless.

Iswara, God, the creator, the personal God, is the last of the unreal forms to go. Only the absolute being is real. Hence, not only the world, not only the ego, but also the personal God are of unreality. We must find the absolute – nothing else.

(Conscious Immortality 1st ed, pp. 7, 8, 10, and 180-1)

Quote from https://www.davidgodman.org/god-the-scriptwriter/

__/\__

Miss Hepburn 13-03-2023 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherBob
The most prominent realizer of Advaita Vedanta in recent time is still Ramana Maharshi.
Here is something from David Godman, his chronicler, on Ishwara.

Big smile on my face ---yes!

AnotherBob 16-03-2023 07:16 PM

Today I came across an extended NDE description of meeting Ishwara, or the Energy Being referenced by that term ie Creator Deity. This Being sounds very similar to what other NDErs such as Nanci Danison refer to as "Source", and of course "God" is also a common term.

https://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1kevin_l_nde.html

__/\__

Miss Hepburn 16-03-2023 11:11 PM

I know how many never click onto links let alone read down far enough to get to his NDE, finally...
here is a 3 sentence excerpt...as he is 'dying':

" Is this God I am looking at? But comparing this entity to what our earthly religion teaches us
shows how infantile and naïve we humans are. Comparing this entity to God would be like comparing
a 300-megaton nuclear weapon to a firecracker and saying they produce the same effects.''

PS I just read every word. :) Wow. This entity seemed like billions of yrs old....and the love and patience, :), like most NDEs.
Highly recommend.

Sir Neil 24-03-2023 10:32 AM

Yes, whatever you believe comes true for you. A Deity or Higher Power can take whatever form it likes, and can also take any possible form, including that of a human. If you believe this, you will experience the great unseen, and the great seen in the form of high-vibration people.

HITESH SHAH 26-03-2023 01:57 PM

ishwara - personal God

Quote:

Iswara, God, the creator, the personal God, is the last of the unreal forms to go. Only the absolute being is real. Hence, not only the world, not only the ego, but also the personal God are of unreality. We must find the absolute – nothing else.

Quote:

But comparing this entity to what our earthly religion teaches us
shows how infantile and naïve we humans are. Comparing this entity to God would be like comparing
a 300-megaton nuclear weapon to a firecracker and saying they produce the same effects.''

Indeed there can be some element of truth for some . However you need to review trinity doctrine which say Father/Son are same and not same in one go .
When it says the father & son are same / one ( one God existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit,) , its also the infantile and naive in view of that quoted line.

However i firmly differ in this. It (trinity doctrine) is not infantile and naive of humans .It is in fact ingenuity of humans to make it easier for their fellow beings to follow the great formless and characterless with least difficulty and with extreme ease..

You may wish re-visit quoted views in light of Trinity doctrine which is just wonderful and the quoted text looks prejudiced bigotry views and opinions.

Michael K. 10-10-2023 09:57 PM

ISAWARA IS CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF.

ISHWARA is the "RIDER OF THE WILL" of BRAHMAN begotten holy son of
Brahman, which translates as basically BRAHMAN ON THE MOVE, from
ISHWARA came all consciousness, consciousness is basically pure awareness
being focused through the prism of Brahman's MIND, ISHWARA is in effect
and in fact this whole relative infinite universe, no OTHER THING EXISTS
in this universe except ISWARA who is ONE BEING yet portrays a CENTILLION
number of apparent differing roles and densities, ISHWARA can be a solid,
liquid, gas, plasma, star, or a humble ANT.

blessings michael.

AnotherBob 13-10-2023 07:28 PM

Quote:

You may wish re-visit quoted views . . . and opinions.

God posting to God about opinions of God in the midst of God, what possible misunderstandings could there be? :hello:

Miss Hepburn 14-10-2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

God posting to God about opinions of God in the midst of God, what possible misunderstandings could there be? :hello:

You are funny!!! :tongue: I luv it.