Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How is it done? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145824)

Simontology 20-01-2023 12:20 AM

How is it done?

I have a feeling this question is asked often but its very important to me

I've been reading up on NDEs especially the NDEs of those who have
committed suicide, I'm not depressed or anything but I am experiencing this great desire to "go home" and I feel like if I were to see the after life or at least have an OBE maybe it can give me the desire to keep on living I'm not sure if any of this makes sense

I heard of a man named Edgar Cayce who found a way to have OBEs and an ability to explore heaven on command and I'd like to be able to do that, maybe even teach it to others who are also going through a difficult time

Even a decent book on the subject would be great

Anyway, thank you for your time

iamthat 20-01-2023 05:28 PM

The desire to "go home" is quite natural. Living in a physical body means dealing with all the limitations of physical existence, and the idea of being free from these limitations is very appealing. We may also have a strong sense that there are many dimensions to our existence which we are unable to explore. Rather like a person living in a mansion but who spends all their time in the cellar.

But we have incarnated for a purpose, to undergo certain experiences, to learn certain lessons, so let us make the most of it. If we resist being physically alive then it only makes life difficult. Sooner or later we will make our natural exit and we can discard the physical body. In the meantime we can embrace physical experience and enjoy being alive in interesting times.

Edgar Cayce (the sleeping prophet) would daily put himself into a deep trance and access all sorts of information. How reliable that information was is open to question, but he is interesting reading.

There are so many books on OBEs, astral travel, astral projection, some very good and many not worth reading. Some teachers give very complicated instructions which may require a couple of hours, others say forget about all OBE techniques because leaving the body is a natural process.

But they do seem to agree that there is no one method which works every time for every person. So read the literature and find a method which resonates with you.

Regarding decent books, begin with the classics - Robert Monroe, Robert Bruce, Robert Peterson, William Buhlman, Graham Nicholls, Oliver Fox. You can then explore the more obscure authors. Ignore all the books which just summarise information found elsewhere and stick with those books written from personal experience.

And you may find binaural beats helpful - they can naturally take you to the mind awake/body asleep state, but not necessarily to full separation. Plenty of information online.

Peace

Podshell 21-01-2023 01:38 PM

I found Robert Monroe interesting read also Muldoon and Carrington's projection of the astral body,Carlos Castaneda also wrote on the subject particularly in The Art of Dreaming book,you can google the simple techniques he mentions for keying into your dreams and becoming aware of the dream body.

Maisy 21-01-2023 05:54 PM

For me, my goal is to learn all of my human lessons and experience all of my bad karma for my past "sins" so I never have to come back to earth again. So the more time we have here the better to perfect ourselves so we will not have to come back.

I have left my body after a lot of work at it and my opinion is one should not seek it. I will never try it again. It is easy to harm the physical body if you get free of it as a soul. You are basically doing what happens at death, when you leave the body, and there are probably safe guards in place to snap you back into the body before you leave it for good but I found when I did it it was very hard on my physical body. Really it is not supposed to happen early.

There are methods to make it happen early but like I said, I would not mess with that stuff. Most of what you read about "astral projection" is not really the soul leaving the body or a out of body experience many people in accidents and close to death experience. "Astral projection" really is about becoming conscious in the dream world to most. Some may think it's the soul leaving the body but it has nothing to do with that. In my case, when I left my body, my physical bodies heart and breathing stopped for a moment so the soul leaving the body is a big deal.

The "astral projection" most talk about in books and such is a very high skill in lucid dreaming. To do that takes a lot of work in visualization and very high dream recall which can be done with work like keeping a dream diary and focusing on dream memories often, all day long really. If we make dreams important, the brain cooperates and increases dream recall etc and the more you are consciously dreaming the more lucid or conscious dreams you will have and some have achieved the ability to choose where they are in a dream and what they are doing. I don't know if that's a skill or gift you are born with or if anybody can achieve it with enough work at it.

In a nutshell, we are on earth a short time. The most important thing is what we are as consciousness. We are here because our "vibration" matches this place. To never have to come back here and to stay in the higher realms forever we have to raise our vibration. So we belong there and not here. So it means being loving and at peace always. To not become entangled with negativity or selfishness etc. To serve others, to think of others before ourselves etc. The only place we can do that is here. This is our opportunity. Every moment is a chance to raise our vibration we should not waste.

Going home will not change what we are as consciousness. So we will probably be right back here in some lower physical world. Best thing is to make the here and now like home as much as we can through surrender and love and peace. Attune ourselves with our inner light and our source. Then we may be free of these lower planes forever.

Podshell 22-01-2023 12:52 AM

Think that is the goal of most souls,to escape karma and I thinj the way instantly to do that is to surrender to one of the bona fide representitives of God such as Christ ,then we will be free of these bodies of the pains of birth and death.
There could be some survival aspect to AP,think of a sleeping herbivore it could become aware of an approaching preditor when it was quite distant.Too long to go into the differences and nuances of projection-lucid dreaming of physical and astral and awareness flitting between the two etc.I believe I had many but caused trouble by trying to get people attention (scared them)so have been curtailed,we the livng could be some of the ghosts.The soul is said to be the spirit spark,I suppose the dream body is merely a subtler physical one.Probably wise not to dabble as you said,but some are curious and do dabble in things that have a small chance of being useful like certain drugs or even hypnotism when used without guidance.

johnjohnes381 22-01-2023 04:25 AM

Maybe you're going through the Dark night of the soul, which is typically the phase before spiritual awakening, without knowing anything about this. This is what happened to me, I completely lost the meaning of life, and was stuck since corona started. I started a spiritual journey, and when I found out about the astral, my only wish was to see if it's true, can I do it. After 3.5 months of practice, I had my first projection, and that gave me some peace, opened my mind and that set my path.

Due to consistent meditation, I activated the Kundalini energy by accident, without knowing anything about that. That is a life force energy, healing energy, and it can be difficult because it's bringing up to the surface all the past traumas, pain, and helps me to overcome them by experiencing it. I have to say that I feel easier, got relief, I have more space inside, peace, and it's working. I go day by day, it's a road to awakening as people say. Hope this helps you.

Podshell 22-01-2023 06:24 PM

It frightened me to death when I realised it was real,just thought then I would have to get used to it,I am sure everyon projects but not many become aware of it.

RedEmbers 22-01-2023 08:30 PM

Hi Simon,

I read your thread post a few days ago and I wanted to respond, I just didn't quite have the words yet.

I can relate to your thread quite deeply on some level. In 2012 I was standing on the edge of a cliff and heard a man's voice in my mind shout my name to get my attention and get me back away from that cliff. The walk back from that cliff was the first step in a long journey home and away from a deeply entrenched pattern.

Sometimes, it seems, through my own visualisations I am not afraid of dying but I am afraid of the pain of living and have often felt very powerless in life.

I have a somewhat similar mission to yourself which for me will manifest through self expression, authenticity and spreading joy as an empowering action to connect myself and others to not fear living or their own life here.

Teal Swan has a video on YouTube about this topic which aligns with helping people to reempower themselves to not fearing life.

My own imprinting and patterning is to do with past lives where I have been left alone during my death in a traumatic, dark, isolation or I have given up on my life. Life on earth is not how I remember it in other places, it is very dense and difficult at times for a sensitive soul.

In this life, I have made my escape through addictions and sleeping too much. Escaping life in such a way is very similar to ending my life. It's like constantly choosing to press the reset button and is a pattern which my soul now has to move through and past to discover the joy of my existence.

My desire to go home is strongly connected to my soul family and the desire to reconnect to my spiritual roots, my soul family, who help me to overcome and breakthrough this deep imprint in this life. This is to reconnect in this life on earth.

My soul friends and family are very important to me because people who have had similar experiences to me need to find a place to call home and earth is a place which needs to feel like a safe home for people who are in need of home.

Addicted2Success 24-01-2023 12:06 AM

People who have depression doesn't know the law of vibration at all - Instead of being the active empowered creators of their own life - They are the victim of their own life (because they don't understand life at all!)

That's another topic for disqussion.

"Home" is an illusion, all there exists in an infinite numbers of virtual realities.

You see, the goal is not to spent your whole eternity on a fluffy virtual reality forever. That's boring, that's not growth at all.

The whole deal instead is to become a godlike multidimensional being, successful in ALL virtual realities (including here right now)

That's what I am doing here: Becoming rich in terms of money, health, mind , intellect, emotions and also doing out of body experiences - The whole deal.

You're the creator of your own life but you must reprogram your own paradigm o change your inside being. Takes repetition and courage.

William Buhlman is a great mentor for out of body experiences. Robert Monroe.

Redchic12 24-01-2023 09:25 AM

Addictedsuccess

You state: “people who have depression don’t know the law of vibration at all, instead of being active, empowered creators of their own life they are the victim of their own life and do not understand life at all.”

I can tell you from personal experience that theY CERTAINLY DO UNDERSTAND LIFE, probably more than people who haven’t experienced a trauma. IMO

Well to be honest mate I think your being a bit harsh and judgmental there. I wonder if you have ever suffered any traumas in life such as being in Vietnam, Afghanistan, domestic violence or childhood abuse. Perhaps you would have a bit more empathy and understanding of depression instead of throwing out a statement like that and I must add, sounding very cocky.

I do agree with you when you state “We have to be the creators of our own life and must reprogram our own paradigm to change the inside being. Takes repetition and courage”

Yes it certainly does take courage not to mention time, persistence and belief. A lot of people who I know who have had depression have worked on that and have been quite successful but of course there are some that won’t. You can’t generalise when it comes to human beings as we all have our own way of dealing with things.

Regarding depressed people not knowing about vibration. Well that does not apply to everyone either. My friend and I certainly knew about vibration very well and continued our spiritual practice which helped us get thru the difficult time and because of that, came out the other end with no bitterness and fairly well balanced(I think)lol

Ok so this has got off the topic a bit. Sorry for that folks, but I felt very strongly about commenting on the above.

No offence intended.