Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   🤓HISTORY OF SPIRITUALISM🤓 (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140866)

BigJohn 19-04-2022 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
Until fairly recently I had never heard of Bible study groups and it had never crossed my mind that the Bible would need such study. The religion-and-philosophy that underpins my own persuasion is simple in concept, simple in operation, and needs no study groups to appreciate what it represents. Yet it embraces the same, key principal figures!

blessings :wink:

If that is true, why do Spiritualist have study groups

bobjob 20-04-2022 07:22 AM

Quote:

If that is true, why do Spiritualist have study groups
no idea - Didn't know we did - I certainly haven't encountered Spiritualist study groups. Maybe your experience as a Spiritualist trumps mine.....

I have however encountered development groups...... Maybe you're muddled about those although a Spiritualist shouldn't be muddled.

BigJohn 20-04-2022 02:13 PM

What is the difference between a Development Group and a Study Group?

For example, which group would you put a Course about Mental Mediumship (MM) in?

Please Note: MM occurs through the medium’s own consciousness, without the use of the five physical senses. The medium relays what they feel, sense, see, or hear to the recipient. The faculties used by mediums are Clairvoyance, Clairsentience and Clairaudience.

bobjob 20-04-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
What is the difference between a Development Group and a Study Group?

You really don't know? :confused:

Still_Waters 20-04-2022 07:59 PM

QUOTE 48 EXCERPT:

Quote:

I would say the Spirit that called out Samuel's name several times and then later gave Samuel an important message to be given to the head of the 'temple' was probably would of the more important Spirit given messages in Biblicl history.

Could you elaborate more on what you stated "was probably one of the more important Spirit given messages in Biblical history".

Still_Waters 20-04-2022 08:04 PM

QUOTE 53 EXCERPT:
Quote:

The faculties used by mediums are Clairvoyance, Clairsentience and Clairaudience.

These faculties correspond to some of the siddhis (powers) described in Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras ....faculties which practitioners are strongly advised to avoid as they are distractions that will manifest quite naturally.

bobjob 20-04-2022 09:50 PM

I'm routinely reproached for writing about Spiritualism in forums not intended for discussions of that subject - even when I haven't.

With respect may I point out that this forum IS the right one for conversations about Spiritualism but the Bible and other related matters are not part of (Modern) Spiritualism or its history.

I'd argue they are not even part of Ancient Spiritualism either even though that's actually my own recently-coined term - in reality I don't believe there is such a religion.

BigJohn 21-04-2022 04:25 AM

Quote:

The faculties used by mediums are Clairvoyance, Clairsentience and Clairaudience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still Waters
These faculties correspond to some of the siddhis (powers) described in Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras ....faculties which practitioners are strongly advised to avoid as they are distractions that will manifest quite naturally.

That quote and the quotes before it are a paraphrase from the Arthur Findlay College and is part of a Course description on Mental Mediumship. Many Spiritualist hold this College in high regards.

BigJohn 21-04-2022 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob

EXCERPT

With respect may I point out that this forum IS the right one for conversations about Spiritualism but the Bible and other related matters are not part of (Modern) Spiritualism or its history.

I'd argue they are not even part of Ancient Spiritualism either even though that's actually my own recently-coined term - in reality I don't believe there is such a religion.

What was Spiritualism 'before' Modern Day Spiritualism?
Undefinable?

But then, some do not want to discuss or hear anything about history so it becomes a moot subject. When Modern Day Spiritism 'emerged', why is it Christianity seems to have played a key factor?

As a side note, I use to give sermons on a regular basis at one Spiritualist Church. That Church expected the sermons to be based on the Bible and the members had a strong affinity to what the bible does say.

BigJohn 21-04-2022 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 48 EXCERPT:

Could you elaborate more on what you stated "was probably one of the more important Spirit given messages in Biblical history".

There are numerous messages recoded in the Bible that were from Spirit. I would include Samuel's message to be one of the more important messages. It is just my own personal selection. On a personal note, the message from 'Spirit' mentioned in the Bible is the one dealing with Cyrus the Great.