Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Aromatherapy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Mixing Lavender and Eucalyptus Oil (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85652)

JoeNTMY 10-05-2015 11:45 AM

Mixing Lavender and Eucalyptus Oil

I suffer from chronic sinusitis and I'm looking to use aromatherapy before I go to bed as a way to aid my sleep as well. Has anyone tried the combination of lavender and eucalyptus oil? If so, is it do they work well together?

Thanks

StrandedSnowMonkey 11-05-2015 12:54 PM

They both go well together ~ Christine Westwood lists them both to help with the head pain of sinusitis. Personally, I like the energy cleansing blend of 3 drops of Lavender, 2 drops of Rosemary, and 1 drop of Eucalyptus :)

JoeNTMY 13-05-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinet noir
They both go well together ~ Christine Westwood lists them both to help with the head pain of sinusitis. Personally, I like the energy cleansing blend of 3 drops of Lavender, 2 drops of Rosemary, and 1 drop of Eucalyptus :)

Thank you very much for the recommendation. It sounds divine!

Golden Angel 16-05-2015 02:43 PM

Hi Joe, ensure that you blend the oils in a carrier oil first before massaging into the skin.
Also have you tried Hopi ear candling? im a qualified Holistic therapist and many of my clients say that hopi ear candling helps them with sinus problems and vertigo etc.
Hope this helps.
Love GA x

JoeNTMY 17-05-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Angel
Hi Joe, ensure that you blend the oils in a carrier oil first before massaging into the skin.
Also have you tried Hopi ear candling? im a qualified Holistic therapist and many of my clients say that hopi ear candling helps them with sinus problems and vertigo etc.
Hope this helps.
Love GA x

I was planning to use a burner for the essential oils as I thought it would be best to breathe in/inhale the aromas in order to open up my sinuses. Would massaging the oils onto my skin be the preferred method?

I looked up hopi ear candling and I'm not sure I could carry it out on my own!

Thank you for the advice

Golden Angel 17-05-2015 03:06 PM

Hi Joe, yes you could do both either inhale the essential oils or blend them with a carrier oil and massage the oil into the face and nose. Just note that eucalyptus is a stimulant so best avoid before sleep.

Sandalwood is also good for removing mucus.
Ah that is a shame that you have no one at hand to do the hopi ear candling, is there any therapist's in your area where you can go and have a treatment?

Love GA x

JoeNTMY 19-05-2015 12:50 PM

I didn't know that about eucalyptus oil! Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I'm not sure, I'll have to look around.

Green.Heals 11-04-2020 03:15 AM

I like bathing in them. Sometimes Lavendar & Tea tree, similar properties perhaps?