Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Acupuncture & Acupressure (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   I receive acupuncture 2 times a week (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135205)

AbodhiSky 06-03-2021 06:50 AM

i'm too scared of needles to try it

lostsoul13 26-04-2021 10:34 PM

I wonder how acupuncture can help burn patients with tissue damage—- I have W burn on my left foot wondering how the proof could help with attention..

Bubbles 04-10-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Do'nt rate acupuncture at all, it has'nt worked on me.
I had it twice and nothing

Twice is not enough, it needs longer time. Also if the acupuncturist is not experienced and only did some classes, I'd avoid. My acupuncturist is an old Chinese man and I know how stereotypical that may sound but it's actually very legit. Still, this is only one step.

Acupuncture you'd need at least 10 sessions if not more.

I am going for my sciatica and sleep improvement. For the latter I walk and exercise more anyway, I do my part. For sciatica I also do some personal stretching but sometimes I feel like acupuncture for sciatica is the only thing that works. The philosophy around it is very beautiful, if one has the time to get into it.

A pattern I noticed in most people who said acupuncture didn't help them was that they only went once or twice. But, I can understand not wanting to spend money on hope sometimes.

Miss Hepburn 04-10-2022 10:17 AM

Acupuncture works fast for me! And I mean with problems I may have had for 2 months.
I could tell amazing stories.
Was it the practitioner? Maybe.
(And from others that went to him...like WOW!)

RedEmbers 20-10-2022 03:46 AM

I seem to be very sensitive to acupuncture! I had no idea how quickly it would effect me. I have not been as sensitive to any other therapies in the same way before!

Still_Waters 20-10-2022 02:48 PM

QUOTE 14 EXCERPT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Acupuncture works fast for me! And I mean with problems I may have had for 2 months.
I could tell amazing stories.

Although I have never used acupuncture personally, I did take a course in pain management on www.coursera.org and there was a fascinating section on trigger points and treatment with needles. It seemed like the western medical equivalent of acupuncture. The practitioner showed that there is a very strong electrical signal at the designated trigger points which is significantly different from the area surrounding the trigger point. The results were "amazing" as Miss Hepburn indicated.

I was very impressed and would not hesitate to try it if a relevant medical situation arose.

Traveler 21-10-2022 03:27 AM

I tried it for about a month for my arthritic knee. It really did nothing to help with the pain or healing. I don't know if it was because I didn't stick with it or not but at $70 a session, I just couldn't see throwing more money at it without any benefit.