Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Consciousness (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140064)

hazada guess 01-05-2021 11:08 AM

Consciousness

Something that I would like the answer to..........When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?

HITESH SHAH 01-05-2021 11:56 AM

sense of i

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
Something that I would like the answer to..........When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?

Sense of I is attached to your memory of your experiences / decisions / preferences / conclusions etc which is stored in brain cells which gets destroyed with the body . So all gross memories will be gone. However soul-defining attributes like bravery , benevolence , just , fairness , compassion etc are still attached to your consciousness and still remains with you .

sky 01-05-2021 12:04 PM

Quote:

' I ' promise to Text you when I get there and let you know :biggrin:

BigJohn 01-05-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

A very excellent, debatable question.

BigJohn 01-05-2021 12:12 PM

Add pass lives or re-births and the question becomes more complex.

hazada guess 01-05-2021 12:20 PM

Yes BigJohn,it's something that I often think about.it'll be interesting to read the replies.Good response HITESH SHAH,and sky123 I'll keep my mobile on then.:biggrin:

Miss Hepburn 01-05-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness

No. :tongue:

Quote:

or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?
Yes.:biggrin:
Now, when it's time for us to do this 'merging or union'...it will happen.

For me, I may have 500 more lives -or 50 or 20---But even when I'm advanced or aware enough
to not come back to this earth-human plane ...there will be plenty of other 'jobs' for me in other places. :icon_cheers:
That doesn't mean I won't be experiencing many blissful experiences
as I do now, forever - wherever I may be.

Reading the many sessions Dr. Brian Weiss has had doing Past-Life Regressions would be very interesting to you;
the actual passing from this life in particular
Moving on later to Rob Schwartz' research;
Anything by Chico Xavier and Anthony Borgia, also...if you wanna know more about the Afterlife.
Or talk to mediums personally...they will tell you their contacts are not merged into the One....yet. :wink:

My gosh, Babaji or Sri Yukteswar aren't even merged into the One...yet.

And reincarnation is really not that complex...it's almost a routine, expected yawn...ok, 'to me'.
Research more...and what fun it is!!! :glasses9:

hazada guess 01-05-2021 01:12 PM

Thanks Miss H. i guess I've been watching too many of that Spira blokes videos on you tube.

Miss Hepburn 01-05-2021 01:29 PM

Oh, good you're a youtube watcher...try this one...it's 2 hours, so, ya know,
watch 15 min at a time if you need to...so worth it. :thumbsup:
Another 'Buddha at The Gas Pump' interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxi2wpJTXro

zorkchop 01-05-2021 01:30 PM

hazada …

Because you have been so supportive in my series thread … I’m going to pull the post I had prepared for Monday and put one in that will address this … and more. I did not know this was still a question for many.

On we go.

Miss Hepburn 01-05-2021 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorkchop
hazada …
Because you have been so supportive in my series thread … I’m going to pull the post I had prepared for Monday and put one in that will address this …

Too funny. I wanted you to comment...almost said, "Ask zorkchop." :biggrin:

hazada guess 01-05-2021 01:47 PM

Thanks zorkchop,i would really appreciate it.I look forward to it putting my mind at rest. I was going to send youa pm about this subject but I thought You would be busy with your excellent thread.

neil 01-05-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

For a start, we do not pass away, as there is no such thing as death of the consciousness.
We the Soul'self,simply seperates from the non sentient & non aware organic physical body.
All consciousness always did only ever reside within the Soul'self. It just seems that there is a consciousness component within the brain. Though the brain only PROCESSES information that it receives from the senses of the flesh.

The experience that you refered to as passing away, is the same as, effecting an out of body experience.
Only in the instance that you are refering to, the spiritual tether, which connects the conscious Soul'self, to the organic physical body, is severed. and the individual finds their selves out of body, and simply in the same location as the physical body, before the connection is severed.

The individual can then simply move on with their very same "one & only life", only, the individual will do it without the organic body.

The individual could stay on earth and hang out, or the individual could find someone trustworthy that knows of the whereabouts of the lesser spiritual heavens, and the individual could then ask the seemingly trustworthy person, if he/she could take him/her there.

An individual could spend thousands of earth years enjoying their life within the lesser spiritual heavens, and not be anywhere close to finding the living christ entity.

So, i and the spiritual beings that speak to myself, say yes, you keep your sense of "i" AND your earthly life memories, and you will still be the same individual as before, only you will look at life with a slightly different perspective.

neil 01-05-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Add pass lives or re-births and the question becomes more complex.

OR simply, further from the truth.

hazada guess 01-05-2021 02:35 PM

Thanks neil I know all that. Its just when I come across a video on you tube from a respected speaker Spouting out against everything I believe and hold dear, my mind starts wandering.
I guess that I want reassurance from you guys.

lemex 01-05-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Sense of I is attached to your memory of your experiences / decisions / preferences / conclusions etc which is stored in brain cells which gets destroyed with the body . So all gross memories will be gone. However soul-defining attributes like bravery , benevolence , just , fairness , compassion etc are still attached to your consciousness and still remains with you .

Memory is not lost, it cannot be. Memory remains attached. Do most believe it is not? The perspective of the other form is what is trying to be explained. The unit of consciousness in form. I think as we expand on it we must get over the fear of loss. Spirit will feel entirely different to be sure but remember. The unit will examine it.

lemex 01-05-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
' I ' promise to Text you when I get there and let you know :biggrin:

I too have made this promise, even if I don't want to later. :smile:

HITESH SHAH 01-05-2021 07:41 PM

beliefs

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemex
Memory is not lost, it cannot be. Memory remains attached. Do most believe it is not? The perspective of the other form is what is trying to be explained. The unit of consciousness in form. I think as we expand on it we must get over the fear of loss. Spirit will feel entirely different to be sure but remember. The unit will examine it.

If the unit of consciousness gets a new form, it gets all spiritual attributes of the previous form . But the gross / minute details of the last form in new forms are not available in almost all cases .

If you dont believe that unit consciousness gets a new form after death , that's ok and I respect that .

pixiedust 01-05-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Memory is not lost, it cannot be.

I'm with lemex. I don't believe that memories are gone. Memories are the records of life.

BigJohn 01-05-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

EXCERT:

Memory is not lost, it cannot be. Memory remains attached.

What is the oldest memory you can remember in this life time?

In Kindergarten, did you give the other kids in your class a Christmas card?

What presents did you get for your Birthday when you were 9?

What was the first book you ever read? can you recall what the 3rd sentence on page 34 of that book said?

For me, memories fade and for the most part, are gone..........

And then there are past lives....... why is it some people need help recalling only a small fraction of a past life?

BigJohn 01-05-2021 11:08 PM

Then there are the Akashic records which started to get formulated with Colonel Henry Steel Olcott's book called A Buddhist Catechism. Olcott is also famous for providing the purse for the Theosophical Society and was their first President. He is also famous for his book People from the Other World which is a fantastic book on mediumship.

Miss Hepburn 01-05-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Then there are the Akashic records which started to get formulated with Colonel Henry Steel Olcott's book called A Buddhist Catechism. Olcott is also famous for providing the pursue for the Theosophical Society and was their first President. He is also famous for his book People from the Other World which is a fantastic book on mediumship.

Gosh, I didn't know any of this!
I love the purple ---just today I wished you would use a more pleasant color to emphasize points.
Thanks for being receptive to my wishes.

Rah nam 02-05-2021 01:03 AM

Quote:

Then there are the Akashic records .

Not for to much longer. All will be deleted as we go through the Event.
Soon.

pixiedust 02-05-2021 01:30 AM

What does that mean? All thoughts will be deleted?

AbodhiSky 02-05-2021 02:24 AM

no one is going to text me in the afterlife, i ain't taking a cell phone! don't even have one now lol.

Rah nam 02-05-2021 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiedust
What does that mean? All thoughts will be deleted?

Those records not only store our personal developments, they store all global events, and the knowledge of those helps to keep the populations entrapped.

I could give some examples of very dark places on this planet, but this would not be very helpful. Atrocities have happened all over the globe at different times, and the memories of those will fade away very quickly after the event.

What do they call it? A great load will be lifted of humanities shoulders.
And with the dark gone, humanity can start on a new level.
Hallelujah

inavalan 02-05-2021 03:15 AM

Quote:

Although I would formulate your question differently, I believe I understand what you'd like to know.

I want to start by saying that to get the closest to "thee" truth you'll have to have your own direct psychological experiences, and not to listen to others' opinions, nor to try to make sense through rationalizations.

Through life-between-lives regressions you can experience the process of dying, experiencing deaths from past, future, or present lives.

I did it many times, and my experience was that it is like waking up from sleep. It is exactly the same sensation. You aren't the person that passed, more than you are the character in your dream after you woke up.

Always when you have psychological experiences, in order to reduce the distortions of what you're experiencing, you have to put aside all your beliefs and expectations. The best attitude is an attitude of mild curiosity, together with an expectation of success.

If you don't take those precautions, you'll experience whatever you believe, expect, heard of. If you're regressed by somebody else, their beliefs and expectations will influence your experience too. That is why honest people claim so different experiences.

pixiedust 02-05-2021 04:31 AM

Thanks for elaborating Rah Nam. I appreciate it.

hazada guess 02-05-2021 05:52 AM

Wise words inavalan.I've often heard that off people, Mild curiosity with an expectation of success.

hazada guess 02-05-2021 06:46 AM

See I know I was complete just before my birth as I remember the whole process, it's just that I'm afraid of losing that sense of completeness when I pass.:confused:

Greenslade 02-05-2021 09:19 AM

Quote:

Having been a medium and talked to Spirits, we still have an 'I' of some description that's probably closer to the human 'I' than many people think. I spoke to one Spirit who said he missed his garden, while others became cranky at the person I was talking to. Every Spirit I've talked to has had a character of some description, as though I was a talking to a person.

Greenslade 02-05-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Consciousness is certainly non-local and whether memory is or not is moot, but the leaning is towards the brain being access/retrieval rather than storage. Memories are also a part of your consciousness.

hazada guess 02-05-2021 10:35 AM

Thank's Greenslade,It's what I wanted to hear.:smile:

HITESH SHAH 02-05-2021 11:59 AM

memory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Consciousness is certainly non-local and whether memory is or not is moot, but the leaning is towards the brain being access/retrieval rather than storage. Memories are also a part of your consciousness.

U may consider following points and review your conclusions .

1. Access and retrieval can never be there without storage. Storage has to be there.
2. Now moot question is where is the storage ? in consciousness or brain cells. You can consider memory loss for people aging or having alziemer disease . If it would have be attached to consciousness , it should have been powerful even when u age. If retrieval /access works after death , why it does not work when aging or having alziemer disease .

Though I dont have any experience of mediumship , I do recognize that mediums talking to spirits may have their experience of some spirits memory .

Greenslade 02-05-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Thank's Greenslade,It's what I wanted to hear.:smile:

You're very welcome

Greenslade 02-05-2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

1. Access and retrieval can never be there without storage. Storage has to be there.
2. Now moot question is where is the storage ? in consciousness or brain cells. You can consider memory loss for people aging or having alziemer disease . If it would have be attached to consciousness , it should have been powerful even when u age. If retrieval /access works after death , why it does not work when aging or having alziemer disease .

Though I dont have any experience of mediumship , I do recognize that mediums talking to spirits may have their experience of some spirits memory .

Talking about reviewing..
1. I didn't say storage wasn't there, obviously the brain can't retrieve if there is no storage. What that means is that the storage is non-local, as in not inside our heads.

2. If the storage is in braincells then it's local, but memory is non-local. If memories were local they would die with the brain and that's not he case, because any medium will tell you that people in Spirit can remember. Consciousness is epiphenomenal and therefore nothing to do with braincells.

In cases like Alzheimer's and dementia - my mother has advanced dementia - the memories are still there, because often people can recall the memories one day and not be able to the next, or have moments of complete lucidity as though their ailments never existed. It has to do with the brain's ability to access memories, and in cases of Alzheimer's, dementia, strokes and the like the abilities of the brain are compromised. So obviously if the brain is access/retrieval to/from a non-local memory storage is compromised then the memories may not be stored or retrieved.

neil 02-05-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Talking about reviewing..
1. I didn't say storage wasn't there, obviously the brain can't retrieve if there is no storage. What that means is that the storage is non-local, as in not inside our heads.

2. If the storage is in braincells then it's local, but memory is non-local. If memories were local they would die with the brain and that's not he case, because any medium will tell you that people in Spirit can remember. Consciousness is epiphenomenal and therefore nothing to do with braincells.

In reality, storage is local, even if all of our life experiences are only stored within the Soul'self.

Because there is only one universe, one dimention, one realm, one universe and it is all spiritual.

The organic physical body is located right smack bang within the spiritual universe, right along side everything of the spiritual.
People of the earth are deceived into believe that there are many dimensions or realms and even more than one universe. And the ones that perpetrated those false beliefs are the very many dark minded spiritual beings that remain unseen and who unlovingly involve themselves in earthlings lives.

So that having been Said, & even if none here can grasp or fathom it, Ill move on to explain that the spiritual Soul'self resides here on earth, right here within the flesh.
The spiritual Soul'self AND the spiritual body are enmeshed within the organic physical body (ENMESHED) within every part of our body.
And is connected via the silver cord.

All life experiences are stored within the spiritual Soul'self, they are not stored within the brain. And since all thinking & reasoning is drawing on memories AND all of it is only occurring within the spiritual Soul'self, AND the Soul'self is right here on earth AND enmeshed within the organic physical body, it is all then local.
AND nothing is retrieved by the brain for thinking or reasoning purposes, because thinking & reasoning does not occur within the brain.

We the Soul'self views the earth surroundings via information that flows from the eyes, through the brain, & finally via the silver cord. & let's say that we we see a friend in front of us, & we may have a thought to walk towards that person, and then embrace that person.
As we have those desires, our desires are received by the brain & then processed into information, of which is capable of travelling through the silver cord connection to the spiritual Soul'self.
We the Spiritual Soul'self thinks & reasons with the incoming information, & our responses are then sent to the brain for further processing into information that is capable of travelling ectrically & chemically through the body & sences, in order for the body to advance forward and then embrace our friend.

All of the above happens in micro seconds..."MICRO SECONDS"...and this is why earthlings can not understand or fathom that all thinking & reasoning happens within the spiritual Soul'self, and that the brain & body are only a non sentient & non aware sensory/processing unit.

Storage, thinking & reasoning of which occurs within the spiritual Soul'self, is very much local.

hazada guess 02-05-2021 03:35 PM

Well explained Niel.Getting back to my original question. I am now convinced that we live on in some complete form or other.
I'll have to learn not to take some peoples teachings seriously. There will always remain doubts until we experience the new adventure for ourselves. Until then this life goes on.
Thanks all.:smile:

lemex 02-05-2021 05:14 PM

[quote=BigJohn]What is the oldest memory you can remember in this life time?
In Kindergarten, did you give the other kids in your class a Christmas card?
/quote]Yes forgetting seems to be what happens but I am not talking about the physical process of remembering, but also spiritual remembering. I am speaking of I. Who is the I forgetting, that would be the body. But there is more then body. The thing is we are using form that does not exist in spirit, body. I think the point about forgetting old memories certainly valid but that point doesn't apply to current ones. So I would always use known ones. Would the same happen, forgetting so soon. I say this because the body isn't the (only) observer. Where I differ about remembering of spirit in terms of spirit, in that it has seen and will see and remember but not experience it the same. The meaning will be different. My own experience here has shown me body creates and changes experience and I still remember previous experience though it is not the same experience. So I wonder if there is fear about remember. Two different observations even now.

I'm saying body and spirit won't see the same thing or have the same feeling about the experience even if soul remembers. This being because there are certain characteristics I hold about soul others do not hold, and I include consciousness without body realizing it cannot be comprehended until such time as there is no body and there is clarity. I don't think spirit who observed it will deny it happened. The spirit will understand what the body does and at a totally different level.

What I may feel guilty about, spirit will not if that's the fear. Consciousness isn't about the body, it is non local, and dimensional, not simply one form but are almost trinity like in a way, existing simultaneously. I am very interested to see what soul sees. I know soul is always represented in a positive way and light but is the perspective of the body. I am sure if we don't remember, God will play it back for us. There will be a record. Still I think what has been learned and understood here is taken back with us. I think spirit will understand in completely different ways.

AbodhiSky 02-05-2021 05:57 PM

Quote:

1. Access and retrieval can never be there without storage.

i would guess it has to be both. physical in the brain and in the non-physical soul. i think having it in both is a brilliant design. what better way to keep the soul ignorant of it's true nature and confused!

if each aspect of "soul" or consciousness of whatever one calls oneself has a "mirror image" in biology, we will need quite a bit of awareness to sort that all out. and to me, that's the main purpose of us inhabiting an animal body and it's mind. to grow our aspect of awareness.