Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Animals (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   German Shepherds (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102091)

Light the Human 08-06-2016 01:15 AM

German Shepherds

I've never owned a German Shepherd but they seem like such great dogs, my dachshund would be so jealous! :D

knightofalbion 08-06-2016 08:42 AM

My favourite breed of dog!

(I haven't got one though ...)

Miss Hepburn 12-06-2016 05:11 AM

I have my first German Shepherd.
Buy a good vacuum cleaner....and an undercoat brush.

Clover 12-06-2016 10:07 PM

".. but you have to take me home, I am cute"!

Clover 14-06-2016 05:53 PM

I'll have to use *totes adawbs* somday, somnia LOL..

Ok, last one..

All together now, *awwww*

Sarian 17-06-2016 07:25 PM

I have a Shepherd/Husky mix. I love that dog! I was looking for a shepherd as I've always wanted one and love big dogs...but then I met this big boy and he had to come home with me. I wish I could post pictures of him from my computer but guess you can't do that anymore here. We were deciding what to call him and my daughter just loves country music. I said we'll have to name him after her favorite country singer...so Luke it is! His vet said "Oh, Luke's a FINE biblical name!" I said no, he's named after Luke Bryan. LOL!

Clover 18-06-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian
I have a Shepherd/Husky mix. I love that dog! I was looking for a shepherd as I've always wanted one and love big dogs...but then I met this big boy and he had to come home with me. I wish I could post pictures of him from my computer but guess you can't do that anymore here. We were deciding what to call him and my daughter just loves country music. I said we'll have to name him after her favorite country singer...so Luke it is! His vet said "Oh, Luke's a FINE biblical name!" I said no, he's named after Luke Bryan. LOL!

Ah, you can post pics. Using IMGR is the easiest, you can do this! hehe. My granddad also had a Shep/husky mix, very lovey. A family member of mine just got a German Shep from a shelter. They think it's mixed with a coyote LOL. Didn't think that was possible? :dontknow: It's about 6 months old, they named it after my daughter :rolleyes: They live out of state so I guess it has meaning to them...

I only ever owned one dog my whole life and it was a German Shep puppy. I wasn't raised with pets in the home, but my parents let me adopt one only for the summer (mean!).I got it about 8-10 weeks old ( still whimpered). That was 20 plus years ago I haven't replaced a dog since. My daughter has been asking for a dog though, I can't until we move; thinking a border Colie

I found a border colie and Shep mix.. Not going for it,but thought it was interesting how dogs mix with every breed lol

:biggrin:

Tobi 19-06-2016 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
Ah, you can post pics. Using IMGR is the easiest, you can do this! hehe. My granddad also had a Shep/husky mix, very lovey. A family member of mine just got a German Shep from a shelter. They think it's mixed with a coyote LOL. Didn't think that was possible? :dontknow: It's about 6 months old, they named it after my daughter :rolleyes: They live out of state so I guess it has meaning to them...

I only ever owned one dog my whole life and it was a German Shep puppy. I wasn't raised with pets in the home, but my parents let me adopt one only for the summer (mean!).I got it about 8-10 weeks old ( still whimpered). That was 20 plus years ago I haven't replaced a dog since. My daughter has been asking for a dog though, I can't until we move; thinking a border Colie

I found a border colie and Shep mix.. Not going for it,but thought it was interesting how dogs mix with every breed lol

Beautiful dog!
I love the Shepherd mixes....something about them.
First dog I ever knew was a Shepherd. A police dog, my uncle's. She was the sweetest. I remember age 3(?) must have been 3...putting my hand inside her mouth just to feel her tongue and her teeth. She didn't mind one bit. We sat on the sofa together watching "The Snow Queen" on TV. I remember that afternoon clearly.

Sarian 23-06-2016 01:06 PM

Quote:

how do you do this? LOL

Miss Hepburn 23-06-2016 01:34 PM

I have never had a dog that loves cats so much....they can come right
up to her face with their noses while she's eating!!
Walk through her legs while she's eating...eat out of her bowl in
the morning and she doesn't care!
I don't get it.
Then, they come up to her head and start batting it, a left and a right.
as they are on their hind legs trying to reach it...she doesn't care!

I don't get it. :tongue:

notofthisworld 02-07-2016 12:52 AM

German shepherds are intelligent dogs, very in tune with their owners' emotional states, and very loyal. My only real qualm with the breed is that sometimes they can be too smart for their own good (like learning how to get into the fridge) and also they sometimes can be more prone to anxiety, especially at the vet's office because they are very sensory animals. They actually stress about things before they happen, almost like people.

Xanny 09-12-2016 11:56 PM

I love German Shepherds!! Absolutely adore them. I was thinking that if I ever were to have a dog some day I'd like it to be a German Shep :')

SerpentSun 10-12-2016 05:13 AM

One of my best friends is a shepherd/malamute mix. Such a smart, strong, loyal, friendly, playful, beautiful young woman. :3 I love her with all my heart.

Clover 10-12-2016 01:15 PM

My neighbor has a young one, she is about a year old. Darling little thing.

( not my pic)

Sarian 27-12-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notofthisworld
German shepherds are intelligent dogs, very in tune with their owners' emotional states, and very loyal. My only real qualm with the breed is that sometimes they can be too smart for their own good (like learning how to get into the fridge) and also they sometimes can be more prone to anxiety, especially at the vet's office because they are very sensory animals. They actually stress about things before they happen, almost like people.

All the dogs I have ever had were in tune with my emotional states. I used to have one dog that would howl as if in mourning when I was very sad or depressed. They also come and lay with me. I have a Shepherd Husky mix and I've been pretty sad lately and the last few days really bad and poor dog seems to be taking it all on...He lays there listless as though he's very depressed, so then I feel bad and have to perk him up and play with him and then he's fine. He wants to lay on me or sit next to me.

He was so funny with his Christmas gifts. He gets so excited like a little kid...we had to make a bigger toy box for him. He hates them in his toy box, he has to take them out and throw them everywhere...then like a kid when there were no more gifts for him, he seemed sad and let down! We'd put them in the toy box again for him to take out and throw around. Got him one toy that has a laser on it. He's just like the cats with that thing, runs and chases it all over. If we have the small pocket one, he knows even before we turn it on. His ears are keen to the sound of it on the little key chain. He will perk up instantly and wait for it. lol.:tongue:

linen53 27-12-2016 04:38 PM

Quote:

thinking a border Colie

Careful Clover, Border Collies are very hyper and need lots of room to run. Better research before you invest.

linen53 27-12-2016 04:43 PM

German Shepherds are awesome dogs. Very loyal to their keepers.

Personally I have Maremmas. They protect our property from predators who wish to eat duck. They are working dogs and need a job to do. And they are the most stubborn breed I think I have ever encountered.

Miss Hepburn 27-12-2016 06:28 PM

If I posted a photo of my German Shep...all you would notice are the
huge ears sticking up!
She is not photogenic, what can I say. :D

muffin 27-12-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarian
All the dogs I have ever had were in tune with my emotional states. I used to have one dog that would howl as if in mourning when I was very sad or depressed. They also come and lay with me. I have a Shepherd Husky mix and I've been pretty sad lately and the last few days really bad and poor dog seems to be taking it all on...He lays there listless as though he's very depressed, so then I feel bad and have to perk him up and play with him and then he's fine. He wants to lay on me or sit next to me.

He was so funny with his Christmas gifts. He gets so excited like a little kid...we had to make a bigger toy box for him. He hates them in his toy box, he has to take them out and throw them everywhere...then like a kid when there were no more gifts for him, he seemed sad and let down! We'd put them in the toy box again for him to take out and throw around. Got him one toy that has a laser on it. He's just like the cats with that thing, runs and chases it all over. If we have the small pocket one, he knows even before we turn it on. His ears are keen to the sound of it on the little key chain. He will perk up instantly and wait for it. lol.:tongue:

Good afternoon Sarian :smile:

"All the dogs I have ever had were in tune with my emotional states."

The same here, I found it works both ways.

My first was a German shepherd

She was found walking the streets, vet guess her age was 4 weeks, she was a wonderful fun loving companion for 15 years, her name was muffin. :hug:

Sarian 28-12-2016 04:12 PM

Aw! So glad you and Muffin found each other and she was given a good life with you.

Clover 15-02-2017 01:32 PM

A five year old German Shep named 'Rumor' wins the Westminster Kennel Club's Best in Show 2017! This is the big dog show they televise every year :D

http://news.asiaone.com/news/world/r...ed-westminster

Nature Grows 15-02-2017 11:26 PM

German Shepherds are cool i use to wash them sometimes at my old job they are really big some of them. Some of my fav breeds are, The Rottweiler, Bull Terrior and Jack Russell. All breeds r great tho.

Clover 16-02-2017 01:08 PM

Very cute, Nature. My dads love of his life is a Jack Russell. They are lovely dogs, very fun energy, playful, and independent

Here is a mix of a Jack Russel Terrior and a German Shepard

Nature Grows 20-02-2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Here is a mix of a Jack Russel Terrior and a German Shepard

Oh iv never seen such a mix before... a German shepherd breeding with a jack Russell :cool:

Silver 22-02-2017 06:37 PM

Even though I'm more a cat person, I love dogs (and horses) just as much.

What I find hard to take is the shrill piercing barks of some small dogs.

Labs are good...