Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   All things Christmas ..... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147659)

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 11:34 AM

All things Christmas .....

Yes I know, I KNOW ! But it won't be long.
Do you love it , hate it, dread it , or can't wait ?
What are your childhood memories and traditions ?
What food do you have at Christmas ?
Do you miss out because of work ?
Is it purely a religious meaning for you ?
And most important of all.......

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer ? LOL...

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 01:51 PM

...Will you be missing a loved one this year ?
I will be missing my father and my uncle both lost to us 5 months apart and I know of other forum members that have lost loved ones this year.
Christmas is always a time of reflection.
What do you reflect on?

What is your favourite Christmas song /hymn?

Best or worst Christmas gift LOL...?

kundalinikid 10-11-2023 01:56 PM

Yes, I more or less hate the holidays. It reminds me how I am alone every year. As I've always said, it's just another day to me.

Getting days off work is nice though.

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kundalinikid
Yes, I more or less hate the holidays. It reminds me how I am alone every year. As I've always said, it's just another day to me.

Getting days off work is nice though.

Hi Kid.
Yep... I kinda thought you would feel like that .
Hey, if it's any consolation Im married with boatloads of kids and grandkids and siblings , but guess what ?
I will be all alone too as hubby has to work till new year and not possible for one reason or another to see anyone else !

But it don't bother me . I'll be tuning in here for all us lovely lonely souls to share a virtual mince pie and tipple !

kundalinikid 10-11-2023 02:13 PM

Yes, the big difference is he will eventually return. It's just not the same. Also, the fact that you have a family etc.

I can't wait for it to be over. There won't be a single decoration hung, a Holiday movie watched, and I will begrudgingly get drug to church. It will get insinuated I like piety, or I am not a good Christian while I'll have more knowledge of the Bible than most of the people in church. Oh, I could go on, but I won't.

Boy did I get this thread kicked off on the right track lol.

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Yes, the big difference is he will eventually return. It's just not the same. Also, the fact that you have a family etc.

I can't wait for it to be over. There won't be a single decoration hung, a Holiday movie watched, and I will begrudgingly get drug to church. It will get insinuated I like piety, or I am not a good Christian while I'll have more knowledge of the Bible than most of the people in church. Oh, I could go on, but I won't.

Oh I promise you don't know the half of it kid.
I might have a lot of family but the truth is I sit on my own day after day after week after week .
My husband does indeed come home but on a daily basis he's up at 4.30 but not home till 7 ish and I'm in bed to rest and or /asleep by late afternoon.
If I'm lucky we get 10 minutes a day on a morning before he has to take the dog out then rush off to work.

Oh gosh though. What do you mean you get dragged off to church ??
Who drags you and do you have to go ?

( Although I love seeing a midnight mass at Christmas)
(Yes trust you to be the blinking Scrooge in this Christmas tale LOL).....

kundalinikid 10-11-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Oh I promise you don't know the half of it kid.
I might have a lot of family but the truth is I sit on my own day after day after week after week .

It just doesn't mean much to me. I wouldn't say I'm Scrooge per se. But I will be glad when it is over.

I go with my parents and sister usually. I do intend to watch more church services. I believe it is a hole in my strict adherence to Biblical codes. I'll watch on Youtube, though.

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

It just doesn't mean much to me. I wouldn't say I'm Scrooge per se. But I will be glad when it is over.

I go with my parents and sister usually. I do intend to watch more church services. I believe it is a hole in my strict adherence to Biblical codes. I'll watch on Youtube, though.

Yes you are... Don't lie.
If this was a Christmas play I was casting for you'd be Scrooge haha.
But that's not an insult... You'd be good !!!!!

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 02:42 PM

Ok....so who else wants to be in the spiritual forum Christmas production ????
We've already cast Scrooge , but we still need Santa, tiny Tim , the partridge in a pear tree and a swinging sock ....
( I of course will be the fairy godmother ! )

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 02:56 PM

Oh and don't forget folks, you've only got a couple of more days to go out and buy your Christmas cards cos after that all you will find in the shops is Easter eggs !!

kundalinikid 10-11-2023 03:08 PM

There will be no Christmas cards because I have burned them all.

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

There will be no Christmas cards because I have burned them all.

Hahaha... I see you are getting into your role !!!!
Excellent . Could be my star of the show at this rate ( but sshh..don't tell the others, they be jealous !! )...

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 03:24 PM

Although to be fair Kid might do well to burn em all.
Have you SEEN the price of stamps ?!!

kundalinikid 10-11-2023 03:42 PM

Quote:

Although to be fair Kid might do well to burn em all.
Have you SEEN the price of stamps ?!!

It's just how I am...I don't even need to act.

No, I have not seen the price. I bought a book of forever stamps like 5 years ago and have yet to use them all. I do most of my bills online. It doesn't surprise me though, given the price of everything else. It also wouldn't surprise me that the Post Office still doesn't make any money.

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 03:48 PM

LOL... Yes I guessed you didn't need to rehearse Kid !!!
( Only joking )
But really , I've yet to meet anyone as miserable as Morrissey LOL....

So you don't post anything ? Not even Christmas cards ? Of course you don't. Stupid of me to ask really I suppose ...

Well I'm talking of the UK . Let's be honest, you can buy a lovely pack of 10 cards for a pound . But to post them all would cost £7.50 second class or £12.50 first class .....
I rest my case....

AngelBlue 10-11-2023 04:30 PM

I'll never forget the Christmas when myself and my siblings couldnt sleep ( as you can't ) and so my brother snuck downstairs and crept into the front room.
He came back upstairs all excited and told me "He's been !.. I don't know what I've got, but you've got a typewriter .."..
You know when you actually want to kill someone ?
He ruined my "moment" and my Christmas LOL....
I'd like to say I've gotten over it but I can't . I think it scarred me for life LOL...

hazada guess 10-11-2023 06:13 PM

A lot of folk send me cards by e mail now,so I just print them off.A good idea now with the price of stamps in the UK me thinks,in fact that's what I'm, going to do.:cool:

AngelBlue 11-11-2023 04:35 AM

Hi Haz, yes, it's a quite popular way to send greetings these days ( not that I can do it being so techno useless).
To be honest I only post a small handful now .
Some of the people I know I only send a nice Christmas message to on WhatsApp with a festive picture and they do the same.
Also, a lot of people have stopped sending cards altogether and donate some money to charity instead. Where possible I try to buy charity cards but I can't always get out. I did manage to buy some cancer research ones this year.

My mother has a house FULL of cards at Christmas and I used to think "surely she doesn't know this many people" , till you get looking and they are all from years gone by from the same people . She just keeps putting them all up year after year which is quite nice I suppose.

Sir Neil 12-11-2023 12:26 AM

Quote:

Ok....so who else wants to be in the spiritual forum Christmas production ????
We've already cast Scrooge , but we still need Santa, tiny Tim , the partridge in a pear tree and a swinging sock ....
( I of course will be the fairy godmother ! )

Can I be the jester?

AngelBlue 12-11-2023 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Neil
Can I be the jester?

Haha....was there a jester in the Christmas production ??? LOL, but yes, of course you can.
So we've got Scrooge, the fairy godmother , the jester ...
Any more auditions ?
Could do with a couple of angels and a Santa at least !!!
( Not to mention Mary, Joseph , jesus, some ghosts from past present and future... Oh and a donkey !)

AngelBlue 12-11-2023 07:10 AM

This could be the biggest Christmas production the planet has ever seen, all the Christmas pantomimes combined with the Nativity , but be warned, if people don't come forward to request a part I will be doing the casting myself LOL...

AngelBlue 12-11-2023 07:49 AM

I am currently enjoying watching all the festive cookery/ baking competitions .
As we speak I'm watching a comp with 3 teams that have to make a 4 ft by 4ft gingerbread sculpture of the "nutcracker "...
( Am thinking to do one myself as a centrepiece for the Christmas table LOL...)

hazada guess 12-11-2023 04:47 PM

Quote:

This could be the biggest Christmas production the planet has ever seen, all the Christmas pantomimes combined with the Nativity , but be warned, if people don't come forward to request a part I will be doing the casting myself LOL...

I'll be the Christmas tree,there's no lines to learn.:laughing3:

AngelBlue 13-11-2023 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
I'll be the Christmas tree,there's no lines to learn.:laughing3:

YEEAAAHHHHHHH...... we got a tree !!!
On Haz, so here's the deal. Granted you have no lines to learn but crucial that we get to work ASAP on this. Naturally you yourself will be the "trunk" and in order to keep you still we need to get your body all taped up so you can't move . Then we plant you in a deepish tub and fill it with concrete just to make sure.
Then we have to attach all the Pine branches to your good self. Don't mind the ones that are stuck in your ears or coming out of your nose, you soon get used to the pain.
Then we have to hang all the decorations.
Will just leave the hundreds of lights to drape on.

Now then , because it is such a long drawn out procedure , once it's done it's done and you will of course have to "stand " in the corner for somewhere between 4 to 6 weeks ...call it 8 to be on the safe side.

And then, on the opening night you will naturally be plugged into the electricity , but dont worry , I've spoken to health and safety and they tell me as long as you don't have an accident an wee wee , or sweat , or dribble , you wont be electrocuted .

So welcome aboard.
I'm thinking maybe this Wednesday for a fitting ????
LOL....

hazada guess 13-11-2023 07:57 AM

re post#24...........Sounds like fun.:laughing1:

Dude111 13-11-2023 08:01 AM

I cant believe its so close!!!

AngelBlue 13-11-2023 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
re post#24...........Sounds like fun.:laughing1:

Yes.....knew you'd love it :icon_eek: :biggrin:

AngelBlue 13-11-2023 08:10 AM

I know !!!! Which is why we need to move now !!
You want a part in the production ??
If so which part would you like ?
Oops , that message was for dude.

Native spirit 13-11-2023 10:30 AM

The weeks are passing by so quick or its because we are getting older.
For me the important thing is my tree with loads of lights.
I like buying gifts and giving them out.
but I don't like receiving them

Namaste

Honza 13-11-2023 10:51 AM

I'm a big fan of Christmas. It brings out my spiritual side. 'Tis the season to be jolly.....

kundalinikid 13-11-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

LOL... Yes I guessed you didn't need to rehearse Kid !!!
( Only joking )
But really , I've yet to meet anyone as miserable as Morrissey LOL....

So you don't post anything ? Not even Christmas cards ? Of course you don't. Stupid of me to ask really I suppose ...

Morrissey? I can’t say for sure. It makes you scratch your head about someone that still has an obvious feud/grudge with a band mate 35 years later.

That's pricey for stamps. You may as well hand deliver it and save the money.

kundalinikid 13-11-2023 12:12 PM

Quote:

I'll never forget the Christmas when myself and my siblings couldnt sleep ( as you can't ) and so my brother snuck downstairs and crept into the front room.
He came back upstairs all excited and told me "He's been !.. I don't know what I've got, but you've got a typewriter .."..

:laughing7:

kundalinikid 13-11-2023 04:46 PM

I think I prefer the holidays where I’m not expected to do all this forced family time but still get a day off work. Thinking Memorial Day, Labor Day, MLK Day, Juneteenth.

AngelBlue 14-11-2023 07:04 AM

Hi Native ...response to post #29.
Ooohhhh but arn't Christmas trees all lit up just so beautiful ?There is nothing more wonderful to make us feel so warm inside and feel the spirit of Christmas...

P.s , who you want to be in Spiritual forum Christmas production ? Now come on, you are admin so can't let the forum down !!! Ok, sorry, I won't resort to emotional blackmail , so if you can't decide I'll put you down as an Angel .
Yes, I think you are a lovely Angel....

AngelBlue 14-11-2023 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
I'm a big fan of Christmas. It brings out my spiritual side. 'Tis the season to be jolly.....

Hi Honza ....Oh me too....just adore Christmas .

So who you want to be in the spiritual forum Christmas production.
If you don't have a preference I will of course cast you myself !!!
Hmmmmmmm......
You could actually fill many rolls....

AngelBlue 14-11-2023 07:12 AM

Quote:

Morrissey? I can’t say for sure. It makes you scratch your head about someone that still has an obvious feud/grudge with a band mate 35 years later.

That's pricey for stamps. You may as well hand deliver it and save the money.

We'll never mind Morrissey pet. As Honza said "tis the season to be jolly ......"

Hmmm yes...
Ok.
So with regard to stamps all I can think is the proclaimers song
"And I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more...."
LOL...
Nah, if I can't afford the postage I'm not walking !!!!
They have to do without !!

AngelBlue 14-11-2023 07:15 AM

Quote:

I think I prefer the holidays where I’m not expected to do all this forced family time but still get a day off work. Thinking Memorial Day, Labor Day, MLK Day, Juneteenth.

Ok.... So don't do it !!!!
Just tell em "No"
What's the worst that can happen ? They scowl at you !!
You are after all "Scrooge" and you're meant to be the misery of Christmas LOL.
( As long as there's no Tiny Tim on the sidelines banking on your generosity and kindness !!!.....)

kundalinikid 14-11-2023 12:20 PM

Hah, synch with that Proclaimers song. My freshman roommate used to endlessly listen to that. His name happened to be the same as the man she married, and he would often message her on AIM (got her SN from me). What it means...no idea?

Me, the lead role? I'm a terrible actor, just so you know.

BigJohn 14-11-2023 03:42 PM

Quote:

I am currently enjoying watching all the festive cookery/ baking competitions .
As we speak I'm watching a comp with 3 teams that have to make a 4 ft by 4ft gingerbread sculpture of the "nutcracker "...
( Am thinking to do one myself as a centrepiece for the Christmas table LOL...)

I am glad I saw this post. After reading it, I want to make a fruit cake. I love them.......

AngelBlue 15-11-2023 06:43 AM

Hi Kid, #post 38..
( Not sure what it means about that aim stuff etc )
But I LOVE that song.
As for your acting abilities don't worry. You don't even have to act , just be yourself , you're miserable enough... Just perfect for the part LOLOL....
Only joking, sorry can't help myself ..
But truth is it's all virtual , we all just need to imagine what's happening if we can be bothered and tear ourselves away from the games console haha...