Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Inspirational quotes (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74125)

LillyBelle 02-09-2014 02:43 AM

Inspirational quotes

Place inspirational quotes here or tell us the best pieces of advice you were ever given!

From photobucket

We all have things we wish we didn't do or could do over. The past is the past. Let it go and do the best you can today!

Clover 02-09-2014 02:49 AM

There are two ways to slide easily through life; to believe everything or to doubt everything. Both ways save us from thinking. Alfred Korzybski

Oh, copy and paste rule just in case! Only a few lines are allowed. Just in case!
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fa...q_new_faq_item

Miss Hepburn 02-09-2014 11:20 AM

Luke Skywalker: " I can't believe it."

Yoda: "And that is why you fail."

MIND POWER 19-10-2014 09:46 PM

“Never, never, never give up.”
― Winston Churchill

Faith33 20-10-2014 12:59 PM

MIND POWER 20-10-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope33

That's a good one that one, i was originally annoyed when you posted it. Because it came across as some sort of passive feminine quote. But..? then i read it again and really thought about it. I am a indecisive person and sometimes over analytically, sometimes you just have to chance things and ride the wave.

Faith33 20-10-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIND POWER
That's a good one that one, i was originally annoyed when you posted it. Because it came across as some sort of passive feminine quote. But..? then i read it again and really thought about it. I am a indecisive person and sometimes over analytically, sometimes you just have to chance things and ride the wave.

Haha..you're a spitfire, aren't you Mind Power?!
Jumping to the wrong conclusion (at first..lol)

When you've made plans only to have them backfire over and over again, there comes a time where you breathe, trust and just... let go......and of course, hope for the best.

That's where I am at this time, mindpower....just riding my life's wave.

Nothing passive feminine about it. :cool:

MIND POWER 20-10-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope33
Haha..you're a spitfire, aren't you Mind Power?!
Jumping to the wrong conclusion (at first..lol)

When you've made plans only to have them backfire over and over again, there comes a time where you breathe, trust and just... let go......and of course, hope for the best.

That's where I am at this time, mindpower....just riding my life's wave.

Nothing passive feminine about it. :cool:

Probably a little bit, but i kept my anger to myself! i did think about saying something to you, but nothing aggressive or offensive. I would of probably asked you to explain why you liked the quote..? haha.

But after analyzing it, i understand what you are saying and it actually applies to me.

Its a good quote.

Yeh i need to ride that wave to.........

That's good Hope.

Heaven 21-10-2014 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1703

Inspirational Quote

Faith33 21-10-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Yeh i need to ride that wave to.........

Hop on!

Heaven, I love that one! :hug:

MIND POWER 21-10-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven
Attachment 1703

Inspirational Quote

Its good apart from the "Explain bit" annoys me when i have to explain myself all the time like in everyday life to busy bodies, well its a form of energy vampirism.

There is another quote...

I am going to go 1 month without explaining myself to certain people.

Heaven 22-10-2014 12:54 AM

Quote:

Its good apart from the "Explain bit" annoys me when i have to explain myself all the time like in everyday life to busy bodies, well its a form of energy vampirism.

I like your quote! In my case I view it for my step sons I have to explain so they can understand me. Busy bodies can mind their own business, I don't explain myself to those people they get on my nerves.

charly233 04-11-2014 11:44 AM

"I used to be an atheist until I realized I am God." J. Krishnamurti.

DesertRose 09-11-2014 01:50 PM

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
Marilyn Monroe

primrose 13-11-2014 03:04 AM

"Live each moment completely and the future will take care of itself. Fully enjoy
the wonder and beauty of each moment"

Paramhansa Yoganada

Zen Judah 14-11-2014 01:41 PM

a veritable tornado sweeping across the plains—flattening everything in its path,
tossing things up in the air, ripping them to shreds, crushing them to bits.
The tornado’s intensity doesn’t abate for a second as it blasts across the ocean,
laying waste to everything, transforming itself.
This is where it all began, and where it all ended. Almost.

Clover 14-11-2014 03:42 PM

Hello all,

Please keep in mind the forum's policy on Copy and Paste before copying content on the forum
thanks so much for your consideration,

Copy-Paste: One or two lines at most of relevant text of material from other sites or sources and a link to the relevant text for further reading is allowed on the condition that the author is credited and the source linked is not a commercial site (promoting or selling goods or services). Quotes of religious texts such as the Bible or Quran must also be no more than one or two lines. Posts that quote or copy-paste more than one or two short lines of text will be removed or edited. Repeatedly breaching this rule will lead to warnings and possible Disciplinary Action.

Miss Hepburn 17-11-2014 12:04 AM

First discover continuous presence within yourself.

-Gangaji, from "You Are That!"

MIND POWER 04-12-2014 12:15 AM

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

Heaven 16-12-2014 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1754

From Yoda! :wink:

Apprentice Bear 17-12-2014 06:45 PM

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

― Albert Einstein

ocean breeze 18-12-2014 06:24 AM

Heaven 14-01-2015 04:16 PM

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.

Deidre 27-01-2015 02:49 AM

Live and learn.

I do this every day, and it's a quote that keeps on...keepin' on. :)

SaintMatthew 30-01-2015 02:28 AM

The more I learn about people...the more I like my dog
Mark Twain

LOL

Ciona 10-02-2015 05:56 AM

Today, notice your intent: Are you focused on protecting against pain and trying to have control over getting love? Or are you focused on learning about loving yourself and sharing your love with others? When you feel empty, anxious or depressed, your intent is to protect/control. When you feel full, happy and peaceful, your intent is to learn about loving yourself and others. Your feelings are determined by your intent and indicate your intent. ~Margaret Paul

Always loved this one.

Krzysiek 19-02-2015 01:29 AM

Wiliam Blake:
'The man who never alters his opinions is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.'

Lin'Rae 19-02-2015 02:22 AM

"Hope for the best, Plan for the worst, Take whatever comes next." Unknown

Nature Grows 07-03-2015 06:05 PM

ocean breeze 17-03-2015 05:29 AM

"A champion is a dreamer who refuses to give up."

Just saw it on a calender, don't know who came up with it.

Glen D 17-04-2015 06:11 PM

REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER,WHEREVER YOU GO IT'S A GOOD IDEA
TO BRING YOUR OWN SUNSHINE.
FROM WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED ABOUT LIFE,MANY SUCCESSFULL PEOPLE
WE WOULD CALL "WINNERS"WILL TELL YOU IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE OF
TRYING ONE MORE TIME,THAT THEY ACCOMPLISHED THERE DESIRE.
AND YOUR ALREADY A WINNER BECAUSE EXTERNAL THINGS RARELY
DETERMINE SUCCESS.

ajay00 12-05-2015 11:39 AM

The function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee

If any organism fails to fulfil its potentialities, it becomes sick. - William James

loopylucid 28-08-2015 07:45 PM

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

One of my favs!

Loopy

Joe Mc 30-08-2015 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loopylucid
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. Ernest Hemingway

One of my favs!

Loopy

wowwww ! what a deeply powerful and moving quote, right down into the deeps. Buddha. x

loopylucid 30-08-2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mc
wowwww ! what a deeply powerful and moving quote, right down into the deeps. Buddha. x

Yeh, I've found this one in particular, to really touch me deeply on so many levels and just keep continuing to do so, in myriads of different circumstances, it reaches all. Glad you enjoy it to joe :)
Loopy x

Iamfree 27-10-2015 01:37 PM

AJStv 23-11-2015 09:03 PM

"We imprison our minds when we care more about the opinions than of our own inner guidance." - AJS

Serenity69 24-11-2015 10:05 AM

Forces Of Light On Earth Shall Overcome The Forces Of Darkness. Complete Spiritual Enlightenment On Earth Will Occur.

Edgar Cayce

boshy b. good 12-07-2016 01:17 AM

we thought that was trash (.?) see, you thought as a fox's edge,
i hunt that you not ever does think as da out trash thought, yea yea, true ~

boshy b. good 12-07-2016 02:18 AM

“peaceas, peaceas make peaceas”