Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   The Sanctuary (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   What makes you happy? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98473)

Shivani Devi 02-12-2017 09:06 AM

Watching the blue wrens nestle and perch upon my Murraya tree.
An ice-cold watermelon juice on a stinking hot day.
Playing my tabla to an upbeat devotional kirtan until I become lost in it.
Seeing a beautiful 12mth old baby smile at me...the mother says "wave to the nice lady" and the baby blushes, waves slightly before burying their head in the mother's clothes. I grin from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat.
Going into a pet shop to play with the puppies and kittens...or I'm like a big kid whenever the 'baby animal farm' takes centre stage at the shopping mall...meanwhile my mum goes "no you don't...don't be silly...oh gawd, yes you're going to, aren't you?" and I go 'yup...you know it'.
Feeling the love from God and expressing it in return.

fredg61 09-05-2018 10:16 AM

My morning Coffee!

Shinsoo 10-05-2018 01:59 AM

A full night's sleep without any nightmares or weird dreams. Also, my wonderfully soft mattress.

Ankhesenamun 01-07-2018 12:27 PM

I would be happy if I could just have a normal life, free of constant abuse and attacks, false allegations and me constantly having to consider where I can go at what time to minimize the risk of more attacks, free of being stalked, harassed, threatened, screamed at.

I would be happy if people that I have to interact with would respect me as a normal human being instead of treating me with contempt and then spreading malicious lies about me.

Just a normal life, that's what would make me happy. Sadly this is something I have never had.

Ahriman 07-10-2018 05:12 AM

Getting a hair cut or a massage usually makes me happy.

Ariaecheflame 13-10-2018 11:31 AM

Sunflowers

LoveAllBeings 13-10-2018 10:08 PM

Nothing. Sometimes I just be happy for no reason at all though.

LoveAllBeings 13-10-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ankhesenamun
I would be happy if I could just have a normal life, free of constant abuse and attacks, false allegations and me constantly having to consider where I can go at what time to minimize the risk of more attacks, free of being stalked, harassed, threatened, screamed at.

I would be happy if people that I have to interact with would respect me as a normal human being instead of treating me with contempt and then spreading malicious lies about me.

Just a normal life, that's what would make me happy. Sadly this is something I have never had.

Its an illusion, you don't need any of that to be happy. None of those things have the power to deprive you of happiness unless you give them the power. It sounds like you have things pretty rough, I got dealt a hardcore hand of ****ed up too, you can use it all as a tool to liberate your consciousness. The way I do it is anchor myself in my body and let it all pass through me. Self inquiry practice, it becomes second nature. I recommend listening to Anthony de Mello audiobooks on youtube, this really helped me profoundly. A "normal" life isn't something you need to be happy. In this world its pretty normal to be miserable. You see people with what look like really good lives on the outside, but they are not happy. Then there's people with what look like really harsh and hard lives and they are happy on the inside. Things aren't what they seem on the surface. That Hindu sacred text the Bhagavagita, its set on a battlefield in the middle of a war. You might like this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS9V_A_0eQk

Anala 13-10-2018 10:30 PM

Today was saw an egret on our walk. And one of the horses stared me down for a hug. It was a beautiful morning!

Anala 24-03-2019 04:37 AM

The color of green so bright it hurts my eyes just beginning to peek out from the brown of winter. :D