Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Is man truly "made in the image of God"? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142885)

Still_Waters 22-02-2022 01:40 PM

QUOTE 69 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghaleon
Our bodies were made to look like his
In the beginning there was Source and created manifestations of itself
Everything here on Earth even our bodies are a copy of what already existed (See Tiamaat) and its a bad copy at that.

Thank you for sharing. I like your frankness and directness.

Your post suggests that you have investigated various wisdom traditions and that is a good start to this dialogue as I enjoy talking with those who are open-minded enough to check out various paths.

A key question in the inadequate realm of words is what exactly does it mean to be "made in the image of God" (or, in other terminology, what is the "above" in the expression "As above, so below"). Is it referring to outward form? If I interpret your post correctly ("In the beginning there was Source and created manifestations of itself'), the "Source" creates manifestations that could take any form, including the "bad copy" to which you alluded which would seem to be a "bad" likeness of the Source. :D

Therefore, based on my interpretation of what you wrote, outward forms can be a "bad copy" manifestation that is not the "image" of the Source. Therefore, as per your post, the outward form of the manifestation thus could include anything including a "bad copy". It then follows quite logically that the outward form should not be a criteria in this discussion but rather the discussion should focus on the creative ability of the Source to manifest virtually anything, including a "bad copy".

Having seen yogis who can literally change their outward form (For an example, read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi) or materialize things (Satya Sai Baba is a relevant example), the creative quality would seem to be more relevant to this "image of God" discussion than outward forms.

The rest of your post seems related to the evolution of form and various conditions on the earth plane. For your information, the accomplished biologist Rupert Sheldrake has done extensive work on the evolution of outward forms in his papers on morphogenetic fields (morpho=form; genesis=origin/beginning) with appropriate consideration of Jung's collective unconscious studies.Your references to the Logos/Allah/etc. could be cited as a level beyond Jung's collective unconscious in the evolution of form.

Please feel free to elaborate further if I have misinterpreted anything that you wrote.

Molearner 22-02-2022 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 70 EXCERPT: First of all, it was not MY "performance". :biggrin: As you correctly intuited, it was indeed the SPIRIT flowing freely through me as I too was amazed at the words that were coming out of my mouth without even thinking.

Still Waters,

Thanks for your response. When I read your initial post I was reminded of an experience some years ago. I happened to mention something about Anthony De Mello to a minister. He told me that while in seminary De Mello came as a guest speaker…….the same response that you experienced. He said that he had their complete attention and that one could have heard a pin drop. As you might know De Mello did not have universal acceptance in Christian circles….the Spirit was at work……:)

Ghaleon 22-02-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 69 EXCERPT:
Thank you for sharing. I like your frankness and directness.
Please feel free to elaborate further if I have misinterpreted anything that you wrote.

Still_Waters I'd be glad to answer your question(s) and comment on what you said regarding my post! There are some things that are either misinterpreted or misunderstood which is fine as i am glad you addressed it in the first place so that i can elaborate further. To your question regarding exactly what "in the image of God" means, it means that our bodies (both the ones we have now and the ones that were created in the antediluvian times ie the times before the Flood in the Second Atlantis) were made to look like his ( or rather their) body and thats all it is. We are made in "Gods" (En.ki's) image but our likeness is the likeness of the human that had appeared to him (Christ)

When i mentioned the "bad copy" I was talking about planet Earth itself! Its a bad copy because everything here whithers away and dies, there are wars and conflicts, animals kill each other to survive and there are some other things that i dont necessarily have to mention here regarding that. None of these things were present on Tiammat. That planet was a lot larger and less physical than what we know as physical. This is the home of the original spirited humans which is us, the spirited humans within the general population. This planet was in a very unique position because it existed between the 7th and 8th Heaven. This means that the spirited humans co existed with dinosaurs and archons (etc they go by different names). The 8th Heaven is Orion or khaa (pronounced shaa like an outward expression or outbreath of creation) which is the greater universe! The 7th Heaven is the end of the domain of The Authorities (archons). Since Christ at that time couldn't fully return to the 8th Heaven because of the poverty mixed with his being Tiamaat was one of the worlds he created and since Tiamaat wasnt fully existing in the 8th Heaven the archons looked at this as an intrusion! It was at that time when they thought to themselves "what are these beings doing on our planet"! This was the First Atlantis!

This planet was destroyed (Tiammat/Earth) and now sits as a reflection of it mirrored all the way down here in 3-D known as the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. In Enuma Elish it says that En.ki (Yaldaboath and he goes by many many names) took a chunk of Tiamaat and created the new Earth which is a metaphor for him creating the current construct! The Second Atlantis was a copy of what was on Tiamaat and it was more physical in nature. Atlantis (the 2nd) was not some large land masses and a couple of smaller islands, it was the entire planet when Lord Ea/Yaldaboath ruled openly as Neptune/Poseidon and it perished in the Deluge!

Source does not involve it (I'll keep it as it or for now until we've established a gender) self in human affairs at all, it just "Is"! Source or All That Is as i've mentioned earlier created androgynous manifestations of itself called aeons. They are not aliens, beings or otherwise but are basically advanced thoughtforms of The Monad (Source or All That Is). Since they are androugnous an aeon typically has more than one trait. Sophia was one of those aeons and because she is the only aeon that can self reflect she decided to create alone and without her consort (Christ) in an effort to learn about her creation, the physical universe!

**Before i continue i want to note that Christ the aeon has the knowledge of all the aeons in the void ie spirit realm ***

The result of this was a being that had a lions head, a snakes body and fiery flashing eyes for she had created him out of ignorance! He saw a vast endless quantity of endless matter and thought that he alone existed. He turned arrogantly saying
"I am God and there is no other God but me"
Sophia wanted to enlighten him so she called him Yaldaboath (which is interpreted as Youth pass over here) he did not come to her but instead withdrew and became envious that someone else existed before him!

I will refrain from telling a large part of this story but in summary this being was given authority over Sophias creation, the physical universe and he placed himself here as "God" Therfore in plain language En..ki/Lucifer/Yaldaboath is "God" (at least here on earth) God itself is a loaded word and i personally dont use it to describe Source for the mentioned above reasons. This being placed himself here (here being a isolated part of the physical universe ie the patrix or solar system and everything made of atoms) as God but also taking on the role of The Monad (The Highest Source or All That Is), The Demiurge and to a degree Christos (Christ & Sophia) all at once! He become the God of matter! In my posts and writing i constantly warn that people should be weary of those that want, require and or demand worship and that those beings (deities) dont have your best interest in mind! I strongly emphasize that when someone worships in any capacity they are giving they're own personal power away! Allah is just another composite God just like YHWH/Jehova whom people praise and worship. They are composite Gods, En.ki and Marduk respectively. The schizophrenic personality is the proof where he is mild in temperament in some moments and in others he is this psychopathic blood thirsty God of wrath. Its just En.ki and Marduk (His son Satan) taking on the role of God to the people of Earth and the same thing is for Allah! En.ki/Yaldaboath is Vishnu just as much as he is Krishna (one Vishnu's avatars) The old testament God is a mix of En.ki and Marduk and the God in the new testament is just En.ki. He is "God" in christianity. He is "not" the highest God but happily sucks in all the energy and worship he gets via his worshippers and followers here on Earth numbered in the billions...

I have mentioned that our rigid beliefs will keep us trapped here in the patrix ie the solar system as a soul group and that it is crucial to have fluid beliefs if one wants to "exit" this place. I am of the conviction that no one is going to "save us" and that we need to save ourselves, we are our own saviors and it is each individuals responsibility to save his or her ownself! If the savior is on the outside then then that means the enemy is as well! Just something to ponder or think about! I also mention that humanity currently is under Yaldaboaths spell and that humanity suffers from stockholm syndrome!

The logos is another name for Christ! It was the logos that gave us our soul on Tiamaat and our spirit comes from Sophia. We dont even have our whole spirit in our body but its enough for the soul to search for it inside. We gain our own gnosis (esoteric knowledge of spirited truth and knowledge from the heart) which will vary person to person in our lifetime and with wisdom & knowledge we will be in the world but not "of" the world. We live in pure spirit and let our spirit guide us in a more or less heavily dense world. We humans in the general population or common man of Earth have a soul and spirit however "far" from all humans are spirited and looking at todays world this is clearly evident! In basic quantum physics we learn that "everything" is energy. When something is set in motion it is energized by ones thoughts and intentions therefore we humans have thought forms that are blueprints for what some are calling the astral. These thought forms if given enough power can take on an life of its own and is thus energized. I brought this up because it should be known and noted that our thoughts are extremely powerful!

I apologize for my long winded response, i really dont know a short way of explaining things or to get something across because it is so much to this so i hope you dont mind! )

Its not so much about finding truths as it is putting pieces of the puzzle together in this cosmic ancient old conflict in both our "his"tory (En.ki) and "her"story (Sophia)! Speaking of history there are things set in line in todays world that indeed proves that history is repeating itself!

Molearner 22-02-2022 05:15 PM

On being invited to speak in a church. I am currently attending a somewhat fundamental church. I enjoy participating in their Bible classes. The minister has suggested that I would be welcome to lead the class. I have politely declined….first because I am not a member of the church and really have no intention of joining. I have understandings of Scripture that probably would not mesh with their beliefs and might be disruptive to some. I am not interested in debate or confrontation.

An example of my deviance from their beliefs is the way that I view the 10 Commandments. I can easily view them as promissory and predictive in nature….chiefly because of the ambiguity of all the ‘shall nots’. To me ‘shall’ can imply the future….at some unspecified point in time. We accept that if God makes a promise or prediction that He cannot lie. We also know that all of these ‘commandments’ are broken. But he did address everyone directly as ‘thou’…..specifically those he was addressing….not some future generation. So how can this be ? It can only imply a life after death…Ie….eternal life.

Nowhere in the original verses dors the word ‘commandment’ appear….it is added as a preface by the publishers of the Bible. What it says is ‘that God spoke’. If it was understood as promise instead of commandment the whole tenor of the Bible could be different. Instead we are given to portraying God as a fearsome and vengeful God. But this one understanding has become basic and I must question if it does justice to God. Elsewhere in the Bible the defining characteristic of God seems to be that He is a merciful God. This is greatly at odds with a vengeful God……

Hahaha…..anyway in good conscience I will not be teaching Sunday School…..here…..:)

Still_Waters 23-02-2022 07:48 PM

QUOTE 74 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghaleon
There are some things that are either misinterpreted or misunderstood which is fine as i am glad you addressed it in the first place so that i can elaborate further.

There is a lot that you have written and it will time to digest it all before responding further.

Thank you for sharing.

Still_Waters 23-02-2022 07:50 PM

QUOTE 73 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
I happened to mention something about Anthony De Mello to a minister. He told me that while in seminary De Mello came as a guest speaker…….the same response that you experienced. He said that he had their complete attention and that one could have heard a pin drop.

I have several books written by DeMello and I would have loved to have heard him speak in person. Based on the way he wrote, my sense is that he allowed the Spirit to speak through him ... and such people definitely command the attention of the audience.

I can understand how his audiences would listen to him with rapt attention.

Thanks for reminding me of DeMello.

saurab 06-04-2022 09:24 AM

The reason why Man is made in the image of God is that God could not help creating anything else that was inferior. The only raw material that was available was Spirit, and Spirit is what God is. So He was forced to make Man in his own image.

You might ask what about animals, birds and others. They are also perfect, just not in that external shape. So Man is the highest creation of God on the physical plane, so even the shape of humans matched God's shape in his masculine form. In his feminine form He has no shape, but that is a different thing.

Altair 06-04-2022 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurab
So Man is the highest creation of God on the physical plane, so even the shape of humans matched God's shape in his masculine form.

That’s the Ego perspective. A human male saying human (and male) is the highest. It is a self-serving, anthropocentric perspective.

Busby 07-04-2022 08:09 AM

For me Altair your 'point of view'; your ECO, subscribes to a world or universe which - because of evolution caused by action (a work in progress) creates a whole which is not divisible into heirarchies but which develops by everything creating feedback and in which everything plays a part even if it is the budding of a cherry blossom in spring. Everything depends upon everything else, we live in a system of continually seeking balance.

I would suggest that 'made in god's image' simply was intended to mean 'made as part of the whole'.

Molearner 07-04-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
That’s the Ego perspective. A human male saying human (and male) is the highest. It is a self-serving, anthropocentric perspective.

Altair,

A human female also has an ego and can easily make a case for being the highest. “To whom much is given, much is expected”. Hierarchy exists for a reason. It determines progress or regression. Any thought of mankind accepting equality with lower species is a rationalization to avoid responsibility. If we are ‘gods’ we are co-creators. We are given much but that is balanced by the charge or responsibility that we are given.