Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   which is your favourite animal? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14783)

ocean breeze 14-07-2017 08:19 AM

After observing animals the hyenas are still my favorite. Unfortunately they seem to get a bad rap. And i blame "The Lion King" for that. Nobody should watch that movie. They should have a remake and call it "The Truth King" in which the lions are portrayed as the villains and the hyenas outsmart them.

r6r6 14-07-2017 12:14 PM

Whales

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonDancer
Wolves are one of my favorites.

One theory of whale evolution is based on a common inner-ear bone found in current{?} cetaceans, if not just some ancient ones and wolves. This leads to ideas that wolves evolved into cetaceans.

..."The early whale swam polar waters during the Eocene period, some 49 million years ago. Its age suggests fully aquatic whales evolved from their mammalian ancestors more rapidly than previously thought, said researcher Thomas Mörs, paleozoologist at the Swedish Museum of Natural History.

.....Based on 53-million-year-old fossils of whale-like, semi-aquatic mammals, scientists had thought mammals gave rise to whales in a process that took 15 million years. The new find suggests it took just 4 million years."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...imals-science/

r6r6 14-07-2017 12:15 PM

Whale Brains

..."Is the whale brain intellectually weaker than the human brain, or just different? They have fewer neurons but more glia, and in traditional views of the glia, the neurons count for much more.

....But if glia process information too, does the different ratio in Minke whales mean they think not more weakly but just much differently? We're now wondering, essentially, what goes on in a whale's head -- and why, if it's supposedly so smart, it doesn't have great works to show for it."...
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...r-than-we-are/
Quote:

Originally Posted by r6r6r
One theory of whale evolution is based on a common inner-ear bone found in current{?} cetaceans, if not just some ancient ones and wolves. This leads to ideas that wolves evolved into cetaceans.

..."The early whale swam polar waters during the Eocene period, some 49 million years ago. Its age suggests fully aquatic whales evolved from their mammalian ancestors more rapidly than previously thought, said researcher Thomas Mörs, paleozoologist at the Swedish Museum of Natural History.

.....Based on 53-million-year-old fossils of whale-like, semi-aquatic mammals, scientists had thought mammals gave rise to whales in a process that took 15 million years. The new find suggests it took just 4 million years."

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...imals-science/

r6r6 14-07-2017 12:25 PM

Cetaceans Half Asleep

..."When marine mammals sleep and swim at once, they are in a state similar to napping. Young whales and dolphins actually rest, eat and sleep while their mother swims, towing them along in her slipstream--a placement called echelon swimming. At these times, the mother will also sleep on the move. In fact, she cannot stop swimming for the first several weeks of a newborn's life. If she does for any length of time, the calf will begin to sink; it is not born with enough body fat or blubber to float easily"...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-and-dolphin/

Quote:

Originally Posted by r6r6r
..."Is the whale brain intellectually weaker than the human brain, or just different? They have fewer neurons but more glia, and in traditional views of the glia, the neurons count for much more.

....But if glia process information too, does the different ratio in Minke whales mean they think not more weakly but just much differently? We're now wondering, essentially, what goes on in a whale's head -- and why, if it's supposedly so smart, it doesn't have great works to show for it."...
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...r-than-we-are/

hallow 17-07-2017 03:17 AM

I have to say crows are my favorite. There cleverness is crazy.

Icrics 18-07-2017 06:21 PM

I would like to take a dog as soon as it is possible for our family. I really like dogs:hug3:

Then I feel something primitive and ancient hypnotic feelings against crocodiles and sharks. I just can't stop watching and feeling something when I see them in TV

Brucely 30-07-2017 10:23 AM

A big ugly spider

...no i just dont wanna see them around me so often. Liking them should might help

GreyHawk58 30-07-2017 01:06 PM

And as I was taught the Fox carries a "Meaning" about Camouflage! Both "wearing" and seeing through! :)

GreyHawk58 30-07-2017 01:16 PM

Favorite Animal?

Since I can Feel the Kinship of ALL our Relations I am hard put to find a favorite I guess.:tongue:

I do have a Close Affinity to Bear ( my right Totem) and Birds! ( Bird Clan somewhere along the line I suspect...) I have "shape shifted" to a Red Tailed Hawk (my left Totem) to "visit" a Brother of mine ( strange story but he found talon scratches on the hood of his truck the next day:icon_eek: ~ he's a truck driver~ and called me immediately which was my intention ):smile: and seeing out of the side of my head was quite a strange experience!!

A Pegasus ( fantastical animals ok too? )

And my Spirit Bear ( my fur baby~of the dog variety :wink: )

Panda 22-08-2017 06:30 AM

I'm a huge fan of pandas. They're adorable clumsy animals. They just made it off the endangered species list too. People finally figured out how to keep the babies alive, which increased the population.

I also love kitties. Each one has their own unique personality, and as a bonus their tummies are super soft!

Glenda 26-09-2017 10:32 AM

Cats and Parrot...

dream jo 24-10-2017 04:47 PM

cats
all cats
b cats
bw cats
gingr cats

Light-Peace-Love 09-01-2018 12:01 PM

Birds - reminds me of Angels

( as well cats, dogs and each living creature )

SeekerOfKnowledge 10-01-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream jo
cats
all cats
b cats
bw cats
gingr cats

dream jo summed it up. Yeah, CATS, cats and cats.
Including big cats like tigers, cougars, lynxes, caracals...

Under_The_Moon 11-01-2018 10:35 PM

Not sure if I really have a fav animal, but if I did it would be the wolf. I'd say owl but that's a bird.

dream jo 11-01-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
dream jo summed it up. Yeah, CATS, cats and cats.
Including big cats like tigers, cougars, lynxes, caracals...

yep all cats coz thy own us thy do
evn
zoo cats own kpeeprs thy do

Nadine 25-02-2018 04:05 PM

I love all animals

I love all animals but I'm partial to Frogs/Amphibians.

sandalwood 02-03-2018 01:40 AM

cave crickets
but also cats

Greysky 12-04-2018 12:44 PM

Felines; exotic or domestic. We just click. :smile:

My wife and I rescue stray and feral felines to either find good homes for, or adopt. We currently care for nine animated fur balls. :cat:

We also reside in the vicinity of the Exotic Feline Rescue Center, located in Center Point, Indiana.

However, we are strictly opposed to the private possession of any 'big cat' felines considered exotic, unless it is an authorized preserve. With few exceptions, this invariably proves to eventually become a tragic situation for the big cats involved, if not the humans around them as well. People need to find other ways to satisfy their egotistical desires.

SeekerOfKnowledge 12-04-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greysky
Felines; exotic or domestic. We just click. :smile:

My wife and I rescue stray and feral felines to either find good homes for, or adopt. We currently care for nine animated fur balls. :cat:

We also reside in the vicinity of the Exotic Feline Rescue Center, located in Center Point, Indiana.

That's wonderful! Hope all these furry friends will find a new, loving home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greysky
However, we are strictly opposed to the private possession of any 'big cat' felines considered exotic, unless it is an authorized preserve. With few exceptions, this invariably proves to eventually become a tragic situation for the big cats involved, if not the humans around them as well. People need to find other ways to satisfy their egotistical desires.

Exotic animals, including big cats (or species like Geoffroy's Cats) should not be kept as pets, of course. I wholeheartedly agree with you here.

Rah nam 13-04-2018 02:52 AM

I have no favorite animal, they are all great as long we leave them alone.

Honza 24-06-2018 06:27 AM

Has anyone chosen snakes, rats, or cockroaches???

Shivani Devi 24-06-2018 07:57 AM

Alpacas and meerkats are my favorite animals. I also like lemurs...

Honza 24-06-2018 09:42 AM

My ex's favourite was a three toed tree sloth.

Dargor 24-06-2018 12:15 PM

Wolves, because of their organised social structure and intelligence.

Brucely 24-06-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Has anyone chosen snakes, rats, or cockroaches???

Snakes were my favourite as a child

Ankhesenamun 13-09-2018 08:23 AM

Cats are definitely my favorite animals. Cats are just perfect - sweet, loving, cuddly, fluffy, intelligent, psychic...nothing better than cuddling up with a cat. I miss my cat who died nine years ago. Haven't had another one since as I miss him too much.

I also love macaque monkeys, especially Indian macaque and Japanese macaque. Cute they are! One can't really keep them as pets though - some people do, but they are happier in the wild.

And wolves - intelligent animals they are. Aardvarks are so cute too! And ducks - very sweet!

I just love all animals! I draw the line though at things like snakes and crocs. I don't really want to encounter them!

LadyMay 16-09-2018 09:10 PM

Ooh personally I love the deer. But my totem is the large cat.

Nature Grows 17-09-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Alpacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
My ex's favourite was a three toed tree sloth.

There are certain animals that are just a bit funny these are two of them^ some more would be Tapirs, elephant seals, and.... ohh i forgot what the other thing is called... some monkkey with big eyes.. very small an cute..

As for my favourite animal... im not sure i like to many of them

CHECK OUT THIS THOUGH i seen this video recently these whales adopted another species in there pod, there bulugar whales an thats that sword fish thing, it has been swimming with them for many months. how nice of them.. <3

FaithMD 20-09-2018 02:00 PM

Horses - so majestic and beautiful

BigJohn 25-09-2018 05:49 AM

I love Elephants.

I have seen Santa arrive on an Elephant a few times.

Incense 22-01-2019 05:54 PM

I don't know how to pick a favorite, but there are always the animals I'm focusing on the most lately...

Lately deer and skunk are those.

But right now I also miss the bees of summer!

Found Goat 17-04-2019 08:45 PM

For some reason I am drawn to the dolphin. They are primarily acoustic creatures with amazing sonar capabilities. Dolphins are cute, playful, unafraid of human contact, and intelligent. Unlike a lot of other creatures, these marine animals recognize themselves when looking at a mirror.

(Those semi-aquatic waddling penguins are also adorable.)

As for pets that can be domesticated, my favorites are the parrot and the pussycat.

The parrot I like for its ability to “speak.” A relative of mine has a colorfully feathered African Grey bird and around dusk it begins to really chatter away until bedtime. One time, some years ago, I witnessed it pretend it was on the telephone. It first mimicked the classic “brlingg brlingg” ringtone. Then said “Hi.” Next there were a few indistinct vocalizations. Then a “Yeah?” A giggle. And a “Bye.” (What amazed me most was that this was done in exact sequential order.) The number of words this cageling picks up is quite something. It’ll even say “Time for bed” when my relatives have, say, finished watching TV for the evening. (I once facetiously asked them if they happened to take a lot of daytime naps.)

This is a great topic. It brought to mind a long-ago acquaintance of mine who had his own serpentarium. He told me how he often would allow his snakes out to slither about.

I recall watching one documentary on animals in which it told of how in some parts of the world, people are allowed to have wildcats as pets, even in the city. It showed people with their beloved pet panthers and cougars lounging about on their front lawns. Some of the neighbors, however, didn’t feel it was safe for their small children to be playing in the neighborhood on account of this.

There was a couple I used to know who were believers in reincarnation and half-jokingly would say how they had the hope of returning to Earth as canines. Dogs, they said, lived the good life: They don’t have to work, they have human servants who love them unconditionally and look after all of their needs and who practically worship them. Their owners bathe them and clean up after them. If the path of spiritual evolution leads to becoming godlike or treated as a god, as some believe, they would often say, what could be more rewarding than to return as a family dog?

When I was a young lad, where my pals kept bunnies or hamsters, I’d always wanted a pet lamb. I like lambs because they’re inherently tame and sheepish.

Native spirit 17-04-2019 08:52 PM

I love all Animals but my spirit animals are the Wolf and the Crow.i love horses to wild animals the Elephant

Namaste

Lovelytony22 24-06-2019 01:10 AM

I like Rabbit:-)

Anala 24-06-2019 03:33 AM

Love all animals and talk to them all every chance I get. :hug2:

lemonbunny 27-08-2019 01:47 PM

Cetaceans (dolphins, whales, and porpoises). They have always fascinated me since I was a child.

Okapi.

lemonbunny 27-08-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I love all Animals but my spirit animals are the Wolf and the Crow.i love horses to wild animals the Elephant

Namaste

How do you find our what your spirit animal is?

JosephineB 27-08-2019 02:17 PM

The birds and cats.

Dargor 27-08-2019 04:31 PM

I like wolves. They are way more intelligent than most people think, and because they appear somewhat mystical to me.