Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Forum Issues/Glitches/Bugs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13691)

Jellybeansme 08-04-2015 11:20 AM

My account isn't showing?? Can't see my profile or read my pm etc???

Adrienne 08-04-2015 01:21 PM

Hello, I am not sure why that is happening, first time I ever heard of this. Try signing out of the forum and signing back in. Hopefully that will help.

Adrienne

moonincancer 17-05-2015 09:43 AM

Hello
I am not able to post my picture (from my computer) onto a private message. I do not want to post in an open forum. Please let me know if its possible to do so at all.
Thanks

B-bird 09-06-2015 10:44 PM

when I try to go to the site i get an internal server error. then I have to shut down and wait. Even if I use a bookmark, it wont connect

Adrienne 09-06-2015 10:51 PM

Hi B-bird,

Sorry for all the Internal Error messages, I am not sure why they are happening but they seem to be appearing quite frequently recently. Sometimes when I get the message, I click on the refresh button on my computer and it brings me to where I wanted to go on the forum ....

othertimes, nothing works ! And I keep getting the Internal Error message, again and again ! So frustrating.....so I know what you and others are dealing with.....

hopefully this can be figured out by Tech !

Adrienne

TheFish 09-06-2015 10:55 PM

500 errors all over the shop, just like you guys. My guess is a server misconfiguration.

Adrienne 09-06-2015 10:57 PM

Technology is great when it works, lol ..... otherwise :icon_frown:

TheFish 09-06-2015 11:02 PM

Mercury Retrograde finishes soon....maybe it will go back to normal! :)

B-bird 09-06-2015 11:05 PM

ok at least others are experiencing the same issue.

Adrienne 09-06-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFish
Mercury Retrograde finishes soon....maybe it will go back to normal! :)

ha ha, TheFish, you must be psychic ! I was just thinking the same thing :smile:

TheFish 09-06-2015 11:15 PM

Lets not jump to conclusions... but it would be nice haha. :)

Adrienne 09-06-2015 11:19 PM

no worries, I don't jump to conclusions !

Tanemon 25-06-2015 11:21 PM

Just wanted to thank all the people who contribute to the ongoing process of keeping this site going, technically. I know it's challenging at times. You people are great! :angel5:

THANKS AGAIN.

Lynn 26-06-2015 08:17 PM

Hello

We have been having a bumpy ride of late but we are getting there I hope. Working on getting a Server Upgrade and we hope this will solve the issue with are having.

SF is such a great value to so many that it is worth keeping alive and supporting in any way we can.

Lynn

wolfgaze 26-06-2015 09:31 PM

Thanks Lynn....

CrystalSong 27-06-2015 08:45 AM

Good to see us back up and running :)
You folks do a great job over all keep this site working.
Thank you :)

H:O:R:A:C:E 27-06-2015 09:08 AM

blessings to SF, and to Matt who started it

roseberta 29-08-2015 08:17 AM

It's been more than 2 weeks and I've posted more than 25 posts, then why am I not able to edit my profile/ why am I still a newbie?

wolfgaze 29-08-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseberta
It's been more than 2 weeks and I've posted more than 25 posts, then why am I not able to edit my profile/ why am I still a newbie?

Hi Roseberta... Your join date was the 15th.... Today is the 29th.... By tomorrow (30th) you should have full access to edit your user profile/account....

roseberta 29-08-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Hi Roseberta... Your join date was the 15th.... Today is the 29th.... By tomorrow (30th) you should have full access to edit your user profile/account....

Ok, I thought I'd get access today itself :tongue:
Thanks for answering, wolfgaze.

candelight 30-08-2015 04:37 PM

hi all,

there appears to be some trouble with the website,particularly when posting a note...

I logged on, started write my note, it took me more than five minutes to have my note ready and I pressed reply. I think I was prompted to log in for more than 6 times and then my note was note. Even if take less than 2 minuted to post my note, it prompts me to log in with valid credentials more than 6 times.

This has been going on since February.

Lynn 30-08-2015 10:10 PM

Hello

It might be the internet server your using. Many find that Firefox works best for them.

Lynn

Asrai 31-08-2015 03:56 PM

Hi,

I logged in this morning and I no longer have the Quick Links option in my toolbar??

kralaro 31-08-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candelight
hi all,

there appears to be some trouble with the website,particularly when posting a note...

I logged on, started write my note, it took me more than five minutes to have my note ready and I pressed reply. I think I was prompted to log in for more than 6 times and then my note was note. Even if take less than 2 minuted to post my note, it prompts me to log in with valid credentials more than 6 times.

This has been going on since February.

Does doing "Remember me" when logging in help you?

kralaro 31-08-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asrai
Hi,

I logged in this morning and I no longer have the Quick Links option in my toolbar??

Does using Firefox help you?

Asrai 31-08-2015 08:15 PM

I actually just switched from Firefox to Chrome because Firefox zoomed the website to a huge and unmanageable size.

kralaro 31-08-2015 08:33 PM

Chrome doesn't show the "Quick Links" option like Firefox. Open Spiritual Forums in Firefox then press key combination Control and 0 (Zero) to reset zoom.

What caused this problem: Most likely you had moved mouse wheel (or touchpad scroll) while holding control. Or you had pressed "+" while holding Control.

kralaro 31-08-2015 08:38 PM

Control 0 = Reset Zoom
Control - / Control Mouse Wheel Down = Zoom Out
Control + / Control Mouse Wheel Up = Zoom In

Asrai 01-09-2015 02:43 PM

How simple!! Thank you! that fixed it

candelight 02-09-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kralaro
Does doing "Remember me" when logging in help you?

Nope.

I have tried chrome, safari and Mozilla.

I am not sure if this problem occurs during certain hours due some maintaince work on your side. At least yesterday, I did not experience any problem.

kralaro 03-09-2015 12:14 AM

Are you accessing from mobile or tablet? (especially iOS)

If you're still facing this problem then I think it's likely you're having the logging out problem on other sites too, like Facebook, Gmail etc.

Are you using any anonymizing service to hide your IP address? Using proxy server or virtual private network (VPN)?

I'm assuming you haven't done some same setting in all 3 browsers, like disabling cookies, enabling private browsing, or adding an extension / add-on on all 3 browsers.

"your side" If you meant me then I'm not from staff.

wolfgaze 13-12-2015 02:10 AM

....test....

wstein 30-01-2016 06:37 AM

Last two days "New Posts" (all items) and "'Today's Posts" say "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I know there are new posts, going into a forum shows the new posts in bold.

wstein 31-01-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Last two days "New Posts" (all items) and "'Today's Posts" say "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I know there are new posts, going into a forum shows the new posts in bold.

Seems to be working again. Thanks to whomever fixed it.

Astro 31-01-2016 12:36 PM

Edit, no problem here after all.

paulaugust 19-02-2016 03:46 AM

REQUSETING TO HELP

Hi all what might be the problem that iam not able to edit my profile .can any one help me out

Nameless 19-02-2016 04:01 AM

It's been awhile, but as I remember, until you have 25 posts or so, and been here awhile (can't remember how long exactly) you can't do certain things; that must be one of them :0)

I am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along soon and esplain it betta LOL.

Oh, and welcome! There is a welcome thread that you can introduce yourself in, if you feel so inclined. Otherwise, happy hunting. It's a big place!

One tip that's helpful - it you want to see your posts, there is a User CP menu items, and if you click on list subscriptions, you should be able to see where you have posted what. Come's in handy.

Adrienne 19-02-2016 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulaugust
Hi all what might be the problem that iam not able to edit my profile .can any one help me out

Hello, you need to be a member for 14 days and have 25 posts.

Upon signing up to the forum you are able to post threads and reply to the threads. However, newbie users do not have the ability to edit their profile, add an avatar, post links or have a signature. After being a member for 14 days and making 25 posts you will have access to all the normal functions of the forum. To know if you are a newbie user it will say so underneath your user name.

Vulpecula 09-03-2016 05:18 AM

All of the automated search functions result in "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." (Those being "Todays posts"/"My posts"/etc). The search works as it should, I can enter my own name and see my posts that way.

The link to all of my posts/threads in my profile also fails. I bookmarked the search page, that fails as well.

My profile pic also does not show.

I cleared all of the cookies and relogged, no change.

wolfgaze 09-03-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulpecula
My profile pic also does not show.

Your profile pic shows up on my end... The pendant image, right?

Are you also looking to use an avatar to be displayed each time you post?