Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Saving God's / 'our churches' - and getting them busy again. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147966)

one-light 08-01-2024 02:18 PM

And another song just came to me - I remember this one when we were battling in those dark covid days, and putting this on this forum - searching for better days ahead...

Well all stand together in all those churches... Right, work to do getting messages out - and welcome here new people, feel free to speak up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVfaf43W9cM

WhiteWarrior 08-01-2024 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redchic12
Maybe churches are past their “use by date” now and will fall by the wayside naturally, as we move into the new paradigm.

Just a thought.

Well, religions do not necessarily adapt too well as society changes. Preachers age and do not change their message, and notice too late that few attenders are younger than their own age. And even when the priests really have their finger on the modern life, they can't do anything about the fact that the local population no longer belongs to that church's faith.

Still I disagree that churches are past their use by date. A church can do so much more that deliver sleepy toothless sermons. Look to the synagogues and mosques, or to the mormons. They are far busier giving all sorts of advise to their societies. Look to the Red Cross, who helps the poor with food and other things, and help medically. Look to the mormons who are experts at emergency planning. Around here, when there are sudden violent death, the local churches will open for mourners by the next day at the latest. Baptism, confirmation, marriages, funerals, these are all community services. The church has a place with us, I have no doubt about it. But it must evolve locally to earn that place.

vortex 08-01-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redchic12
Maybe churches are past their “use by date” now and will fall by the wayside naturally, as we move into the new paradigm.

Just a thought.

i am in New Zealand and we embrace all cultures and beliefs and i find that awesome

but like redchic12 you have question churches are past their “use by date” not keeping up with modern beliefs and slow to change

the bible was written before and around time was recorded and we are in the 20th century now
kids to day find a new form of god in modern day practice and modern channels that they relate to so in a way it will keep going

as for churches and religion the younger generation show us if its needed the way it is or can it update itself

Molearner 08-01-2024 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vortex
. a new form of god in modern day practice and modern channels that they relate to so in a way it will keep going

as for churches and religion the younger generation show us if its needed the way it is or can it update itself

iMO a new form of god has emerged and I call it ‘materialism’…….it’s adherents are legion……:). Old age has given me a retrospect that appreciates a lost world….:)

one-light 08-01-2024 07:52 PM

Thanks for keeping it busy here beautiful people from around the world - visitors / views counter's on the move in it - only a week old this new thread, I've given directions to here on some powerful church groups today, and many more throughout this week, and next week I expect.

vortex 08-01-2024 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
iMO a new form of god has emerged and I call it ‘materialism’…….it’s adherents are legion……:). Old age has given me a retrospect that appreciates a lost world….:)

love to your beliefs and i respect them

in New Zealand a lot of our churches are being used by meany different faiths and extra all in the same hall at different times they have turned community places

everyone's perception of god is different and its awesome because god will remain it may have different labels but the energy or fundamental principals i see in many faiths and beliefs

but we will see about religion its up to the younger generation

and this is how i see it and my experience

vortex 08-01-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one-light
I've given directions to here on some powerful church groups today, and many more throughout this week, and next week I expect.

personal i would hate christian to vanish it was an important part of my upbringing and been an assist to our commutes and people

their is others christian groups out their working in modern ways working with youth combining the christian principles awesome to see

for me it would be a smaller world if we lost any of the old spiritual modality for their fundamental teachings are as much relevant today as the past

BigJohn 09-01-2024 01:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks for keeping it busy here beautiful people from around the world - visitors / views counter's on the move in it - only a week old this new thread, I've given directions to here on some powerful church groups today, and many more throughout this week, and next week I expect.

In walking distance from my home is a Mega-Church. When we were kids: they did not exist. Today, that is where some people are going now.

5 buildings down from where I work is a Guatemalan Church and about 5 buildings from that is another Central American Church. It seems that foreigners still cling to their religion.

I suspect you will still find Christians going to Church but they probably are not the Churches our parents took us to.

Redchic12 09-01-2024 07:24 AM

I can understand why people have drifted away from the church as there is so much negativity associated with them. ,past and present ie Spanish Inquisition, witch trials, deceit, fraud, greed, power, control and pedophilles. Most churches don’t have a good past record imo.

Sure, some of them did some good. But perhaps not enough.

I feel people have now evolved to the point were we know that God/Source is within and they can access it with prayer and meditation without having to go to a building.

Perhaps these empty churches would be useful if they were used for homeless people, soup kitchens or give a mother and children a roof over their heads, who have run from an abusive man.

Now THAT would be well worth keeping some of them open.

Just my take on it tho.

Maisy 09-01-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Here's another church up for sale in Macclesfield
https://www.movehut.co.uk/property/6...ield-cheshire/

Is this the cost? "Rateable Value - £20,250" which is 25,788 United States Dollars. If that's the cost that's sure is cheap! That's like less than a new car price here in the USA.