Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Anyone know how to turn karma into something positive? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=143364)

RedEmbers 27-03-2022 02:25 AM

It might help to define what your "something positive" actually is.

What areas of life are you trying to improve?

CosmicWonder 27-03-2022 07:10 AM

Hii RedEmbers,

My experience with positive karma is that the moment you have it things go smoother. It isn’t like things are stagnating all the way. It isn’t a wishing well either. It’s more like what you actually need comes to you. And one can have both negative and positive karma maybe.

And I think I usually it as something that involved other beings and probably humans. So social stuff mostly

Much kindness,

CW

Greenslade 27-03-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
why humans came up with the concept of karma

Why did humans come up with the concept of karma?

My point is that are people taking it for granted without thinking about it, or some other reason?

Greenslade 27-03-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
I see it all the time.

I was thinking about buying a Jaguar XE because they're a classic car and I'd never had a Jaguar before, and suddenly they were coming thick and fast. Now I'm thinking of either a BMW X3 or X5 and they haunt me in my sleep.

It's about what you pay attention to and how you see what you want to see.

Greenslade 27-03-2022 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
My usual way of categorising will is deliberately paying attention to things as they already are, and the volition to make things as you want them to be.

I remember that well for some reason, it just stuck in my mind.

Underneath every belief is the reason it's a belief, there's a reason that it's karma and not just the natural order of things and there's a reason it's either positive or negative. So what makes us more 'Spiritual'? Is it because we perceive things as they are, or is it more Spiritual to believe it's karma?

So if you make people happy because you think you'd receive a reward/positive karma, or punishment/bad karma if you don't? Isn't it more Spiritual to do things without expecting a reward? Is doing something because you don't want the 'negative karma' fear?

CosmicWonder 27-03-2022 03:52 PM

Hii Greenslade,

Yes have been watching for a dishwasher. Suddenly people talk about it

Much kindness,

CW

FairyCrystal 27-03-2022 05:28 PM

Karma... I first came across the word when reading "Shogun".
But for some reason I've never believed in Karma. And then a few years ago -I think it was 2019- Diana Cooper said that due to the ascension process we didn't have Karma anymore as it all had been resolved by the Lords of Karma for us. From then onward we would have Instant Karma. I could wholehearted believe with that. The kind of thing like thinking bad thoughts about someone and immediately after that stubbing your toe or dropping an egg on the floor.

Now there may be a bit of a defining line here: most people are going for ascension, have come here for that, even though many of those aren't (fully) awakened yet. But they have chosen that before incarnating.
This group is currently at 4D, quickly headed toward 5D.

The other group, however, has not chosen to ascend to 5D this life as they need to experience the 3D still. So before incarnating they chose that, to remain at 3D.
Likely this group still has to deal with old-fashioned Karma as that is part of 3D which is what they have chosen to live.

As for myself, again, never felt I had Karma to solve. Don't know why or how, just a strong intuitive knowing.
Maybe because I mostly had chitty lives and very few good ones? I've been treated very poorly in most of them, burnt, stoned, in isolation as for instance a nun, and whatnot.
My life purpose this time round is to stand up for myself, to dare to do that and to shine, to say "no more!!!" and say "yes!" to myself. To no longer have that stuff happen to me.
Maybe Karma doesn't belong on that menu?

RedEmbers 27-03-2022 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii RedEmbers,

My experience with positive karma is that the moment you have it things go smoother. It isn’t like things are stagnating all the way. It isn’t a wishing well either. It’s more like what you actually need comes to you. And one can have both negative and positive karma maybe.

And I think I usually it as something that involved other beings and probably humans. So social stuff mostly

Much kindness,

CW

You would like things to go smoother and to receive the things which you need? That is how I interpreted you here.

I can relate to that.

Sometimes it is a matter of finding the right people and places to help facilitate those things.
I used to feel frustrated that it took an action for me to receive, however once I am in the right place I am better placed to receive what I need.

There is relief and also resistance in many experiences.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel as though there is no way to really avoid unpleasantness, doing nothing seems to lead to just as much discomfort and builds tension sometimes even more so then taking action.

RedEmbers 28-03-2022 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Karma... I first came across the word when reading "Shogun".
But for some reason I've never believed in Karma.

I seem to relate to this on a level.

I see things rather practically, it possibly has something to do with my agricultural family background.
Karma to me is simply as it states quite plainly in the Christian bible "reaping what we sew".

It is not a perfect form though haha... sometimes a great big flood comes along and all the seeds get washed away and then the wallaby's take advantage of all the rain and breed like crazy and come to eat next years crops!

Maybe the next year, I will develop better farming practices and something else can surprise me.

One good thing about capitalism (haha) is the idea that no one is bound to their past or their upbringing. It's not perfect, I have plenty of things which hold me back, however they only seem to be relevant to me for as long as they hold power over me.
Sometimes I get things which I desire just because I desire them and I believe that I can have it! It has nothing to do with any of my stories of "deserving" or how good of a person I think I am.

I think the whole concept, much like sin and judgment day has been used in some less then desirable ways and made into something else used as a means to keep people down and stuck in place.

Gem 28-03-2022 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Underneath every belief is the reason it's a belief, there's a reason that it's karma and not just the natural order of things and there's a reason it's either positive or negative. So if you make people happy because you think you'd receive a reward/positive karma, or punishment/bad karma if you don't? Isn't it more Spiritual to do things without expecting a reward? Is doing something because you don't want the 'negative karma' fear?

It's like a framework of understanding, but where most think kamma is something like if you're bad, bad things happen to you, and if you're good, good things happen, real life observations show bad things happen to good people and vice-versa. We believe in consequence anyway, but without resolving how that undermines choice. People can maintain conflicting beliefs, so they can believe in moral reward, call that karma (sounds more spiritual), and be perfectly happy.

I claim will and kamma are the same thing (as opposed to kamma being a consequence of will), but will doesn't necessarily imply a choice. Indeed the majority of will is exerted unintentionally, let alone unconsciously. People claim there is free will, but will is incited by desires and aversions (reactions) - people choose actions because they desire consequences - but do they choose what they desire, or does that 'just happen'? This very quickly becomes a tangled web...

People want things as a means of having feelings. Like the addict is highly adverse to the how withdrawls feels and desires not the drug itself, but its means of relieving withdrawls and producing desirable feelings. At the centre of the reaction is 'me'. It acted upon me and therefore I react. With the reaction, will is exerted, it generates an outcome, to which one reacts, will, outcome, react, will, outcome, and around it goes as 'I' am perpetuated from past to future through this process.

I put it within the framework of understanding, but obviously there is some disconnect between the description and the 'way it is', but that doesn't mean the description is just my opinion or my belief. It's more like something subtle which can be discussed.