Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Can you tell me what Grace is? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31548)

Xan 03-03-2012 10:28 PM

Miss H: I have considered fertile soil, humilty, sometimes pain and suffering, crying such as in grief, deep prayer, silence, asking and waiting,
and sometimes nothing at all to open the door to Grace.

Breathing, letting go, opening... now?

~ ~

Lightspirit 03-03-2012 11:18 PM

A story I always remember from a sermon at church on grace is this.

Imagine a naughty kid puts a fireworks bomb in your new letterbox and blows it apart and later you find after he confesses it to you.

Justice demands he replace it at his expense as retribution for his actions.

Forgiveness accepts his apology and you negotiate how the letterbox is replaced.

Grace frees the child from responsibility for his actions because of his repentance and you pay for the letterbox to be repaired.

True forgiveness and grace sees the upset boy and and buys him an ice cream to try to cheer him up and you later replace the letterbox without holding a grrudge.

Grace extends beyond forgiveness as the next selfless step.

That is the model of grace from Jesus relating to salvation.

Xan 04-03-2012 02:05 AM

I like this. Grace takes us beyond ourselves.

~ ~

Miss Hepburn 04-03-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
...Grace frees the child from responsibility for his actions because of his repentance and you pay for the letterbox to be repaired.

True forgiveness and grace sees the upset boy and buys him an ice cream to try to cheer him up and you later replace the letterbox without holding a grudge.
That is the model of grace from Jesus relating to salvation.

Sweet, beautiful.
I would say that is the wonderfulness of forgiveness.
Pure and simple.
A Christian might say ''mercy'' - I would not.
This the freeing upliftment of forgiveness.

Grace is manifested in many ways indeed.
This above is a sweet little drop of stardust that is Grace, yes.

One could say - it is grace to find a dime on the sidewalk when you need it for your meter.
Well, yes, it is a form of magical grace.... and oh, so wonderful when one perceives what is happening...
the Universe manifesting out of thin air exactly what you need.

And then there is a Grace that enters your brain and squirts chemicals into folds that have been asleep and
opens the 'Doors of Perception' to the Supernatural Reality not usually perceived with the ''average'' brain waves.
The world that the electron microscope has opened us to -
a living, breathing, conscious Universe interconnected eternally in a place of timelessness and everlasting bliss ever anew.

Ok, I'll stop. I get carried away...:smile:

Miss Hepburn 04-03-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Miss H: I have considered fertile soil, humilty, sometimes pain and suffering, crying such as in grief, deep prayer, silence, asking and waiting,
and sometimes nothing at all to open the door to Grace.

Breathing, letting go, opening... now?

~ ~

No question mark...just now.
:smile:

Xan 04-03-2012 03:51 AM

And then there is a Grace that enters your brain and squirts chemicals into folds that have been asleep and
opens the 'Doors of Perception' to the Supernatural Reality not usually perceived with the ''average'' brain waves.
a living, breathing, conscious Universe interconnected eternally in a place of timelessness and everlasting bliss ever anew.

Oh... my favorite kind.

Xan

Miss Hepburn 04-03-2012 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan

Oh... my favorite kind.

Xan

ROFL --- that was very funny.