Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Disappearing Threads (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29409)

Gem 26-02-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
He was selling something? I didn't see any links except perhaps to another forum? You didn't like his opinion did you, rofl. I'm sure we could all suggest some freaks that repeatedly get on their soap boxes, teehee.

I could tell his stuff was a paste job, and he thought SF was a great soap box. It's against the rules so he was booted. That's how they keep a quality forum and protect the members.

Silver 26-02-2012 06:14 AM

Hmm. I honestly didn't think it was against any rules here to post one's own words, paste or no. The only giveaway is how fast he posted them, it seemed like his own verbiage, I'm fairly certain. *shrug*

Thx Gem~*

Mountain-Goat 26-02-2012 07:16 AM

I for one will miss the wise maggador.
I wanted to discuss Planet X in detail with him and it's relationship to the aleged global awakening energy that the planet is meant to be coming into.
I envisioned he and I having some interesting convos.

All he had posted were his own works, as I said, he's very passionate to post these things all over the internets.

Haha, SG, i like your comment about others who soap box.
If that rule were extremely enforced, a few members would be gone.
They too are very passionate.
And you know what they say, you don't think too rationally when emotional.

But if you wanna check out more of his stuff SG, they'll be on other forums.
And if i recall correctly, he has a website.

i have a theory of why his stuff was deleted.
He kept telling us to not listen to him, so there was no reason to have his stuff in the forum.
It's like putting up posters that say "dont' read this poster"
Absolute waste of time having those posters up.

Though his content flirts with conspiracy, and SF does not welcome conspiracy.
You can post\discuss all types of wacky spiritual theories that are unprovable, but not theories about reality that can be proved.

Silver 26-02-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
I for one will miss the wise maggador.
I wanted to discuss Planet X in detail with him and it's relationship to the aleged global awakening energy that the planet is meant to be coming into.
I envisioned he and I having some interesting convos.

All he had posted were his own works, as I said, he's very passionate to post these things all over the internets.

Haha, SG, i like your comment about others who soap box.
If that rule were extremely enforced, a few members would be gone.
They too are very passionate.
And you know what they say, you don't think too rationally when emotional.

But if you wanna check out more of his stuff SG, they'll be on other forums.
And if i recall correctly, he has a website.

i have a theory of why his stuff was deleted.
He kept telling us to not listen to him, so there was no reason to have his stuff in the forum.
It's like putting up posters that say "dont' read this poster"
Absolute waste of time having those posters up.

Though his content flirts with conspiracy, and SF does not welcome conspiracy.
You can post\discuss all types of wacky spiritual theories that are unprovable, but not theories about reality that can be proved.

I forgot about the conspiracy thingy here about politics anyway.

I don't think you took his statements to 'don't read' or similar in the spirit in which it was meant ~ it's just another way of saying don't take his word for it, but seek out your own verification of what he was saying.

Ambermay 26-02-2012 07:46 AM

Okay, I looked around and I found that maggador is not gone, but just suspended. I think that two of his threads are still in place.

I don't know why that was done, but sure that administrators have reasons.

I also went further googling and clicking on his links and I found that some of them lead to advertising books for sale. Not sure if he is the author of those, but it seems like it. (naturally I'll not post these links here).
I might be mistaken.

I actually got worried for myself and wrote to administrator and a moderator asking to delete four of my threads, because they were copy-paste from my journals and couple of them I shared some other place on a web.
I don't know if anyone reads the rules before joining, but it's a good thing to do. I was lazy until now, and thanks to this thread - I now am familiar with all the rules.

As for soap box - don't most of us talk about what is on our minds all the time?

Mountain-Goat 26-02-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambermay
As for soap box - don't most of us talk about what is on our minds all the time?

Soap box refers to people who don't shutup about the same thing and just go on and on and on and on and on and on about the same thing over and over and over and over and over...
and, usually are so convinced it's the absolute truth and that's one reason they go on and on and on and on.

Mountain-Goat 26-02-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I don't think you took his statements to 'don't read' or similar in the spirit in which it was meant ~ it's just another way of saying don't take his word for it, but seek out your own verification of what he was saying.

He knows how to say "don't take my word for it". he even said it once or twice.
My enquiries were to do with his specifc statments about not listening to him and that his words are false data.
To which he never clarified if he meant "don't take my word for it" or why he stated his information is untrue.

It was an anomaly i wished to explore, and for reasons unknown, he did not clarify.
he called me silly...i was deeply hurt ~lotsa laughter~

Ambermay 26-02-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Soap box refers to people who don't shutup about the same thing and just go on and on and on and on and on and on about the same thing over and over and over and over and over...
and, usually are so convinced it's the absolute truth and that's one reason they go on and on and on and on.

Oh, I see. My bad - English is not my first language.
That is really bad for people who are soap-boxing then.

Squatchit 26-02-2012 10:51 AM

I smelt a rat as soon as I read his introduction. :D

Ambermay 26-02-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
I smelt a rat as soon as I read his introduction. :D

Shame.
If this is true - pardon my ignorance.
I prefer to think better of people.