Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Dangerous Practices - Please Read (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9867)

Ladofthelight 26-01-2011 10:21 PM

It is what it is, Silvergirl.

The times where I have actually had an opinion, I have usually found myself swimming upstream. I know most are "well-intentioned" we all just carry it out in different ways. No worries.

Thank you for being civil :-)

And for what it is worth, I am a "Lad" not a "lady". ;-)

Silver 27-01-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

And for what it is worth, I am a "Lad" not a "lady". ;-)

Ooooh noooo! Pardon that!

There are a LOT of Salmon here at the forum, yes there are~*

inspirit 27-01-2011 01:54 AM

What about luciferianism, Satanism, darkworking, and such things? They aren't dangerous?

Summerland 27-01-2011 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inspirit
What about luciferianism, Satanism, darkworking, and such things? They aren't dangerous?

I asked about this a few days ago and haven't heard back. So this is as good of a place as any. Why was a discussion about blue ray/indogos/starseeds deemed inappropriate and was pulled; not even locked, but erased? But topics such as inspirit brought up okay? I did a bit of research and found that indigo topics and such are not a very welcomed topic here. Just wanted to add my two cents.

Silver 27-01-2011 02:59 AM

Hi summerland,
The blue ray thread has not been edited, it is still viable and will be replaced as soon as possible. We are short-staffed and have been for some time. So sorry. Thanks for your patience in this.

Kaere 27-01-2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerland
I asked about this a few days ago and haven't heard back. So this is as good of a place as any. Why was a discussion about blue ray/indogos/starseeds deemed inappropriate and was pulled; not even locked, but erased? But topics such as inspirit brought up okay? I did a bit of research and found that indigo topics and such are not a very welcomed topic here. Just wanted to add my two cents.

The topic was fine - the insults etc were not and so it was pulled for editing. Silvergirl had been in touch with the original poster about that thread. Indigo topics are very welcome here - and yes we do ask that our members please be patient.

pre-dawn 27-01-2011 04:11 AM

If we are to belief science then anything spiritual is a damaging delusion, maybe not to one's body, but to one's mind.

If one believes, as so many do, that we are one body-mind organism then one cannot just draw the line at what seems to be detrimental to the body. To limit it to that seems to be very one-sided.

What are the next out-of-bounds topics, themes or references?

Silver 27-01-2011 05:31 AM

This is just one of a myriad of forums on the net, no doubt many of which allow people to talk about anything. I myself visit other forums and am a member of a handful of them, since they cover different territories that I'm interested in. This isn't the only game in town.

pre-dawn 27-01-2011 06:44 AM

People don't usually go an google for "staring with open eyes into the sun without protection". They come across such thing by chance, or synchronicity.
I think the moderators who make the decision may just work on some whimsical feeling. Let me give you an example:

A fairly popular website on Tai Chi taichi18.com offers, amongst free things, a program called "Solar Qigong". It seems to involve doing Qigong towards the rising/setting sun, but exactly how this is done I don't know. As this is a program for which IIRC $75 is charged, neither I, nor presumably the moderators will have sufficient evidence to make a decision whether this is falls under the dangerous practices labels or not.

While I understand the concerns about protecting children this is the parent's job, isn't it? If the moderators do this on a blanket ban basis then I find it rather condescending and an insult to one's intelligence.

arive nan 27-01-2011 06:59 AM

It's not unusual for moderated forums to have a rule like this. Like it or not, there are a lot of people out there who don't have common sense. Many of them adults. All you can do is try to set a limit on which bad ideas they can get from your own web site. As someone who personally knows a few people who just won't be careful about what they do to themselves I have to think rule this is a good idea.