Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Favorite Quotes (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146229)

Clover 01-04-2016 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Beautiful, A forest in spring time,alive with new possibilities, is a great place to be and in any season too. Joe :smile:

Word. :smile: I love old school poetry. Favorite area in the library.

mulyo13 03-04-2016 11:14 AM

If you start off with a lie, your truth will never be understood wholly.

From: My daughter, Seo Young, 내 딸 서영이 (Korean drama Ep.38)

mulyo13 21-04-2016 03:52 PM

Be careful with your words. Once they are said they can only be forgiven, not forgotten. - Sarah Doubts

Unseelie Queen 21-04-2016 05:13 PM

“Every path leads homeward, every step is birth, every step is death, every grave is mother.”
Hermann Hesse

“Man is a gateway, through which from the outer world of gods, daemons, and souls ye pass into the inner world; out of the greater into the smaller world.”
Carl Jung / Basilides - ‘seven sermons to the dead’- sermon 7.

“If I am a witch, then so be it, I said. And I took to eating black things - huitlacoche the corn mushroom, coffee, dark chiles, the bruised part of fruit, the darkest, blackest things to make me hard and strong.”
-Sandra Cisneros, “Eyes of Zapata”

“A mythological order is a system of images that gives consciousness a sense of meaning in existence, which, my dear friend, has no meaning––it simply is. But the mind goes asking for meanings; it can’t play unless it knows (or makes up) the rules.
Mythologies present games to play: how to make believe you’re doing thus and so. Ultimately, through the game, you experience that positive thing which is the experience of being-in-being, of living meaningfully. That’s the first function of a mythology, to evoke in the individual a sense of grateful affirmative awe before the monstrous mystery that is existence.”
-Joseph Campbell, Pathways to Bliss.

Arcturus 27-04-2016 08:12 PM

I heard a good one the other day though probably can't remember it rightly...along the lines of "careful what you say to yourself because you're listening". it kind of pulled me up a bit.

Arcturus 28-04-2016 01:53 PM

My alltime fave::

Silence grew and became intense, wider and deeper. The brain which had listened to the silence of the fields and groves was itself now silent, it had become quiet, naturally, without any enforcement. It was still, deep within itself, like a bird that folds its wings it had folded upon itself, it had entered into depth which were beyond itself. It was a dimension the brain could not capture or understand and there was no observer witnessing this depth. Every part of one's whole being was alert, sensitive but intensely still. This new, this depth was expanding, exploding, going away, developing in it's own explosions, out of time and beyond space.

From "Krishnamurti's Notebook"

brokenwings 28-04-2016 02:16 PM

I'm not sure if anyone else ever wrote this, but it came to me one day and made me laugh out loud...

Don't live in the past, tense.

:wink:

And of course ...

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

mevlana jelaluddin rumi - 13th century

mArIya 14-07-2016 12:01 AM

The day you decide that you are
more interested in being aware of
your thoughts than you are in the
thoughts themselves - that is the
day you will find your way out

Michael Singer

mArIya 14-07-2016 12:05 AM

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg.
Its about what your made of, not the circumstances

:love9:

Miss Hepburn 15-07-2016 11:47 AM

"What other people say about you is not a reflection
of you, but a reflection of them."

Yes and vice versa....I learn more about myself
when I look at what I'm thinking about another! :smile: