Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Forum Issues/Glitches/Bugs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13691)

innerlight 14-06-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moke64916
No. Safari. Most up to date version. On the newest Mac OSX and iPAD with the fastest internet service available.

That is your problem then... Safari does not display this forum properly. I know because I tested Safari and the drop down menus do not display properly with Safari.

AngelicOrin 05-07-2011 08:32 AM

whoa~ finally! I wasn't been able to get on here for at least one hr (just established connection! wasn't my internet either, my mobile's net couldn't connect.

Tiss 18-07-2011 01:48 PM

Hello!

I got an automatic update to Internet Explorer 9 and I lost the functionality related to browse new posts (since last visit,since...,since...), all of them.

Do you have any clue about how to fix it?

Love and recognition,

TISS

oops, I see that you have touched this issue! :icon_eek:

norseman 18-07-2011 02:50 PM

Dump I.E. Get Firefox :smile:

Kaere 18-07-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiss
Hello!

I got an automatic update to Internet Explorer 9 and I lost the functionality related to browse new posts (since last visit,since...,since...), all of them.

Do you have any clue about how to fix it?

Love and recognition,

TISS

oops, I see that you have touched this issue! :icon_eek:

You can try using Compatibility View. The button is up beside the refresh and stop buttons (top right of your browser). It looks like a broken page. Might work? I dunno.

Tiss 18-07-2011 04:22 PM

Dear Kaere, unfortunately did not work. It is weird because I uninstalled IE9 and I am still getting the bug.

I will go on checking manually until I install Firefox as norseman suggests. :wink:

TISS

innerlight 18-07-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Dear Kaere, unfortunately did not work. It is weird because I uninstalled IE9 and I am still getting the bug.

I will go on checking manually until I install Firefox as norseman suggests. :wink:

TISS

There is known compatibility issues with IE 9 and this forum.

Tiss 18-07-2011 09:08 PM

Dear all,

I could finally solve the problem uninstalling IE9 and with a system restore as a second step.

It took some time... Now everything is working well. Thanks!

TISS :hug:

innerlight 19-07-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Dear all,

I could finally solve the problem uninstalling IE9 and with a system restore as a second step.

It took some time... Now everything is working well. Thanks!

TISS :hug:

I have firefox on my dekstop, but IE on my laptop and opted to not upgrade to IE 9. IE has been working fine on it without the upgrade. Hopefully it won't become a forced upgrade, Microsoft does that from time to time.

Tiss 19-07-2011 02:11 AM

Yes innerlight, they do it from time to time.

Just in case, I deactivated the option of automatic updates and changed it for the "ask user what to install." But I don't know if they will obey. :D

TISS

Cerium 19-10-2011 09:35 AM

I cant use the view my post on my ... Hompage? without it showing a blanck list. I had quite a few post, that would show up before. I thinck it had something to do with adding myself as a freind. lol, Is there maby another way I could find the places Ive posted?

Silver 19-10-2011 10:02 AM

Click on your username, see the dropdown list? you can look up your posts OR your threads that way.

Cerium 19-10-2011 10:30 AM

It just gose to a blanck page. Before it would show other post I made. But i didnt know I could click on my name, Thancks for the new trick.

Cerium 21-10-2011 02:47 AM

Innerlight helped me figure it out, It works with firefox, but not well with internet explorer 9

CatChild 24-01-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerium
I cant use the view my post on my ... Hompage? without it showing a blanck list. I had quite a few post, that would show up before. I thinck it had something to do with adding myself as a freind. lol, Is there maby another way I could find the places Ive posted?

I am having a similar issue. My profile shows I have 13 posts, and I am able to view the Threads that I started but when I click on any of my Posts, it shows me a vBulletin message saying: "Sorry no matches. Try some different terms".

Please help, thanks.

CatChild 24-01-2012 03:09 PM

^^ Nevermind I have just read the thread for new users stating we can find our posts under the "Quick Links" link. I was just confused as to why I couldn't find them on my profile this morning, because I was able to access them there last night.

CatChild 24-01-2012 05:16 PM

... now quick links is giving me the same message.

Please help, thanks.

innerlight 24-01-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatChild
I am having a similar issue. My profile shows I have 13 posts, and I am able to view the Threads that I started but when I click on any of my Posts, it shows me a vBulletin message saying: "Sorry no matches. Try some different terms".

Please help, thanks.

More than likely you are using Internet Explorer version 9... That version of the software does not work wiht the new posts button.

CatChild 25-01-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
More than likely you are using Internet Explorer version 9... That version of the software does not work wiht the new posts button.

I use a mac and safari. I'm not technologically inclined, but I don't think it has anything to do with Internet Explorer because the link works at times but not everytime.

innerlight 25-01-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatChild
I use a mac and safari.

I have noticed similar issues on the latest version of Safari that the new posts drop down does not work properly.

norseman 26-01-2012 10:19 AM

Seems like we have been here before :D
Any hassles, go Firefox ! I.E. 9 is a nightmare.

primrose 31-01-2012 07:42 AM

I have I.E.9 and have had for some time, but lately, I can't see my posts or any after mine. It's frustrating. I don't have this problem on other forums.

Dreamer_love 01-03-2012 03:37 PM

everybody keeps experiencing the same problems on the chat. I keeps lagging. Maybe someone can take a look at it?

midnightstar 01-03-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamer_love
everybody keeps experiencing the same problems on the chat. I keeps lagging. Maybe someone can take a look at it?

Yes we're either lagging or getting frozen out completely - it was really bad today when I was in there.

Sarian 01-03-2012 07:13 PM

I hate I.E 9...it installed itself and I uninstalled it, or so I thought, then my computer shutdown with a pop, I turned it back on and I.E. 9 is back and I can't find it to uninstall it again. It's hiding on me.

midnightstar 01-03-2012 07:15 PM

Sarian - what operating system do you have?

Teal 01-03-2012 08:58 PM

Find a different browser you like and enable it your default browser. I use firefox. never had too much of a problem on the site with it.

Sarian 02-03-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautydylan
Sarian - what operating system do you have?

Haha...now I feel really stupid, but I'm am not a computer illiterate person much at all. I come here, and I do my email, I research when I was in college and things like that and that's about as far as it goes. so when you ask me what operating system to I have...I have no clue. :redface:

Sarian 02-03-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tealtwist
Find a different browser you like and enable it your default browser. I use firefox. never had too much of a problem on the site with it.

I've always been told to use firefox. I should use that instead. I had some old I.E. probably 7...I guess I was just so used to it and when 9 popped up, it, the format was all changed and i don't like it, and it is super slow. I feel like it's a virus lol, the way it took over. I was going to take it to a computer person to clean it up and get a decent anti virus and all that on it. Got any recommendations for that? My laptop is about 4 years old. I thought it was on its last go, but oddly enough, before I.E. 9 decided to attach itself and not let go...it started to quiet down again and run better.

As far as I.e. 9 and this place, I don't have any problems. It just ticked me off that it decided to install and when I uninstalled it, it came back and now I can't find the bugger.

lemongrass 26-04-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Seems like we have been here before :D
Any hassles, go Firefox ! I.E. 9 is a nightmare.

Which version of firefox do you recommend for Windows 7?

norseman 26-04-2012 09:40 AM

Hi Lemongrass. Latest [12.0] and you can download here http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
:smile:

Sorai Rai Aorai 12-05-2012 01:20 AM

Dear Spiritual Forums Administrator(s),

I have stopped receiving my notification emails for subscribed threads. There are new posts but I don't get any email. I have checked and the "instant notification by email" option is still selected. Thanks for your help.

Justin

innerlight 12-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin
Dear Spiritual Forums Administrator(s),

I have stopped receiving my notification emails for subscribed threads. There are new posts but I don't get any email. I have checked and the "instant notification by email" option is still selected. Thanks for your help.

Justin

Have you checked your spam folder? If I recall correctly one only gets the email up until a certain point.. Then that member must come back and post in the thread. If they are not actively participating in a thread they will not get email notifications after a certain point.

midnightstar 12-05-2012 02:58 PM

I've noticed for several weeks when I reply to a thread I ask it to subscribe to the thread but for some reason the thread doesn't appear in my control panel, so I've got to go back into the thread and save it again (which seems to solve the problem for that particular thread) but I'm just wondering why it's doing it when I select "no email notification"?

Sorai Rai Aorai 12-05-2012 06:58 PM

Hi. They're not in spam and I have still been actively participating in the threads in question. Thanks again.

Justin

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
Have you checked your spam folder? If I recall correctly one only gets the email up until a certain point.. Then that member must come back and post in the thread. If they are not actively participating in a thread they will not get email notifications after a certain point.

Sorai Rai Aorai 25-05-2012 11:41 AM

Any ideas on this?

Justin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin
Hi. They're not in spam and I have still been actively participating in the threads in question. Thanks again.

Justin

lovetruth 12-06-2012 03:17 PM

Hi , I have just noticed that some words that I have posted from Babaji are underlined when I do not underline them, anyone know what is going on here???? It just happened when I replied to a response under healing, I actually saw it happen!!!

innerlight 12-06-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetruth
Hi , I have just noticed that some words that I have posted from Babaji are underlined when I do not underline them, anyone know what is going on here???? It just happened when I replied to a response under healing, I actually saw it happen!!!

Sounds like you are using Firefox, or similar, and the spellchecker is telling you the word is spelled wrong.

lovetruth 13-06-2012 04:39 PM

Mystery solved, thanks

lovetruth 15-07-2012 03:36 PM

Is there a possibility of adding pages to a thread that has continuous messages, instead of starting a new thread when the pages are used up? Thanks, lovetruth