Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Talk about who is God.... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148606)

sky 06-04-2024 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Life is not perfect to me. It is full of glaring errors and inconsistencies.

Thats life :D

charly233 06-04-2024 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky
"I pray God rid me of God" :smile:

This is one of my favourite quotes.

sky 06-04-2024 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charly233
This is one of my favourite quotes.

:smile: yes it's so insightful...

Molearner 06-04-2024 03:59 PM

Quote:

. Life is not perfect to me. It is full of glaring errors and inconsistencies.

Honza,

Consistency would be boring……it is the inconsistencies which allow one to even have a concept of perfection.

Goldcup7 06-04-2024 07:00 PM

Perfection is an interesting topic. From the non dual perspective, perfection is not possible in the world: the world is inevitably imperfect.

For me perfection is the formless behind the form. I think Plato and Socrates considered perfection. I could be wrong but I think Plato considered there to be what he called the unseen Idea of perfection, and what we see in the world is less than perfect.

Honza 07-04-2024 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky
Thats life :D

Oh good, it is not just me then.

sky 07-04-2024 10:19 AM

Quote:

Oh good, it is not just me then.

Your definitely not on your own :smile: Everything is in constant flux.

Maisy 11-04-2024 10:24 PM

Quote:

We discuss who is God.

A lot of people claim to have experienced God in various ways. I think I did too! Seemed too vast to me to be called a "who." It's seemed way bigger to me than any human mind could fathom.

Miss Hepburn 12-04-2024 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maisy
A lot of people claim to have experienced God in various ways. I think I did too! Seemed too vast to me to be called a "who." It's seemed way bigger to me than any human mind could fathom.

You don't feel funny calling God - "It'', tho?
I sure can not...maybe we can compare our experiences in pms one day...I know we all exp God directly, up-close and personal
it can be different for each person...no right or wrong. I'd love to hear all about it. :) (Since God is my favorite topic.)

Molearner 12-04-2024 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You don't feel funny calling God - "It'', tho?
I sure can not...maybe we can compare our experiences in pms one day....)

Hi,

I agree…..I cannot relate to an “it”……an it is an it. As a human I want something I can relate to. For some of us maybe it, at first, helps to think of God as a distant relative(which He is). It is with the desire to know him that we close this gap…….until He becomes incredibly close…..especially if the kingdom of God is within us. Finding our Self is finding God……we should be active participants of this ‘evolution’………..