Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Taoism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Reversing the Light (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140342)

Legrand 01-06-2021 10:40 AM

Hello Django and Guillaume,

Is it really consciousness that is looking for some answer or our lack of awareness of this consciousness?
Makes sense?

Have a great day!
Antoine

Guillaume 01-06-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legrand
Is it really consciousness that is looking for some answer or our lack of awareness of this consciousness?

ahah, quite fun! Mmmh, I would say my consciousness was fed up to see my lack of awareness lost in nonsense!

Miss Hepburn 01-06-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
.... my lack of awareness lost in nonsense!

And this is why I have practiced Thought Control for over a decade..
one of the best things I ever did...or best advice I ever got from a Therapist friend.

If you let wild horses out of the corral to run all over---you can't
expect to simply call them back to the corral and calm them with a whistle.
My (ex) guru once said.

django 01-06-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Django and Guillaume,
Makes sense?
Have a great day!

Hi Antoine!

Defining consciousness as —“The having of perceptions, thoughts, and feelings; awareness”
My consciousness as it is now is looking for a higher consciousness - because I feel like something is missing.
So I turn the light of my consciousness (as it now is) inwards, to examine my own thoughts, feelings and awareness, believing that the key to solve this feeling of lack lies within.

Guillaume 01-06-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
If you let wild horses out of the corral to run all over---you can't
expect to simply call them back to the corral and calm them with a whistle.
My (ex) guru once said.

Very good too!

Guillaume 02-06-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123

Awesome reference! Thank you!

sky 03-06-2021 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
Awesome reference! Thank you!

Glad you enjoy it :smile:

Legrand 03-06-2021 11:18 AM

Being the breeze caressing the tree leaves or being the tree feeling the wind.

Don't know which I am.

Yin and Yang pointing to Tao.

Guillaume 03-06-2021 11:40 AM

Just one question: when you see yourself as one consciousness, or when you move your awareness when in trance, do you see projected images in front of your eyes, or is it at the back of your mind?
I'm really wondering because I've had hypnagogic visuals at night that were very vivid and projected to my eyes, but the meditation work is mostly done at the back of the mind (sometimes projected but that's rare).
Not sure it's clear but that's how I experience it.

Legrand 03-06-2021 12:34 PM

I saw images from my third eye as if they where in front of me some 25 years ago and before. Now there is no more body. Images of worlds or other do come and go sometimes, but they are not outside of me anymore. There is no outside or inside.

The same goes, but differently, when I am walking or doing something, there is no more doer anymore, just the doing.

Hope it helps.