Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How does one live with pain/suffering? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=143779)

Bambo 07-05-2022 06:10 AM

Your so kind Native Spirit :smile:

Hemera 07-05-2022 03:47 PM

Thanks for your input everyone, it's much appreciated.

I agree that love is the key. That's something I've been meditating and praying a lot about.

I'll try and keep strong.

Bambo 07-05-2022 04:19 PM

We will pray for you Hemera. Thank you for bringing this to us :smile:

Hemera 07-05-2022 06:22 PM

Thank you.

utopiandreamchild 07-05-2022 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemera
Thanks for your input everyone, it's much appreciated.
I agree that love is the key. That's something I've been meditating and praying a lot about.
I'll try and keep strong.

All the best.
Love utopia

kris 08-05-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemera

There is an ongoing situation in my life which isn't going to change and there's nothing I can do beyond what I'm doing already.

Do I see myself in your situation or what? I have lived with pain all my life and may have to live with it for the rest of my life. To make life bearable, I have immersed myself in a project that I enjoy. I do find some comfort in the fact that I have learnt a lot from my pain. It seems some kind of knowledge comes with a high cost in suffering.

asearcher 09-05-2022 04:32 AM

It is a process but you could get caught in it. I am terrible at all this. I used to be worse, hi hi. There are books on the subject on grieving. You could go and talk to someone professional or someone else if you feel stuck. It takes time. On each step in the process it can take different time. It will get better and there is a way to reach the finishing line and then leave it behind.

Hemera 09-05-2022 04:34 PM

Kris - I've often done the same actually. It really helps. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much pain in your life too. It hurts to hear of someone else knowing the pain may be constant :hug2:

Asearcher - thanks for the supportive words. This is grief but a complicated, ongoing, messy sort of grief. I am talking to a professional which helps but trying to find a spiritual understanding of it which isn't very easy.

kris 09-05-2022 07:42 PM

Hemera, thank you for your kind words. But I have also gained from my pain. What I learned about life because of it is invaluable.

FallingLeaves 09-05-2022 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kris
Hemera, thank you for your kind words. But I have also gained from my pain. What I learned about life because of it is invaluable.

pain/suffering is always a hard thing to deal with. I'm glad you were able to see something out of it. Such lights can make all the difference...