Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Loving our enemies ??? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146020)

Molearner 23-07-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
Such compassion and forgiveness may seem like unrealistic ideals but really they are the only way to live at peace, which is what we all want deep down.

A Course in Miracles has much to say on this subject:
No one is strong who has an enemy, and no one can attack unless he thinks he has. Belief in enemies is therefore the belief in weakness,
and what is weak is not the Will of God.

Iamthat,

Very nice posting….thank you. Refreshing to seea spiritual approach to this topic. I would like to think that living at peace would be a universal desire……that desire competes against the desires of the ego….to be recognized as being right. Obviously we see that the direction of the thread is to justify separation from others for multiple reasons. We are called to be “doctors” but apparently we do not want as patients the ones that are sick…….

vibrations 29-07-2023 05:44 PM

I like this, for me it was forgiveness of the enemy, and love self to accept. I can honestly say I forgive my abuser, the darkness got him, and I found the light and took it with me through darkness to face my shadow enemies, those that inflicted pain on my soul, i embraced this and surrounded my love of light and consumed the darkness which I had kept buried in shadow.

Hologram8 29-07-2023 08:53 PM

so not going to happen ever

Starman 29-07-2023 09:09 PM

When Alexander The Great sacked India he went to a temple and threatened a Mahatma who was there; telling him “if you do not show me where the gold is I will kill you.” The Mahatma replied, I did not know I had the power to make you kill me.

Its’ all in our perception.:smile:

JustBe 30-07-2023 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean-Yves
Loving our enemies???
Hello everyone, I give you here a draft, an awareness, a feeling on this subject...

Everything you hate, loathe, love is activated from a source imprinted within. If it’s not imprinted in your being, what might it all become?

Until you uncover in yourself it’s hard to know..

So is it an awareness or is it open and a clear feeling in you?

It requires all of you to live and be it..

hallow 30-07-2023 08:20 AM

Loving your enemy...... Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

AngelBlue 30-07-2023 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
Loving your enemy...... Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.

EXACTLY...
I'm in a situation now of doing JUST that !.

Native spirit 30-07-2023 08:55 AM

I don't really have Enemy's when I was growing up and the same can be said of now, if anyone caused me harm or upset I would do nothing but within days
something would come to them call it Karma or whatever you want.

Namaste