Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Consciousness (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140064)

BigJohn 23-05-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God-Like

EXCERT

This is why people with strong beliefs end up being blinded by their agendas .

But that can be said of all beliefs.

God-Like 23-05-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
But that can be said of all beliefs.

For sure B.J. but you can't be blinded by the truth, because it is what it is .

If speaking the truth is an agenda then so be it, but there is no contradiction or denial when the truth is at the heart of what is said and expressed .

Would you agree?

You see the problematic conversations I have with peeps on forums is that there isn't a foundation of truth to begin with and then the poop hits the fan and it all goes pear shaped .

That's not my issue or my problem tbh ..

All I want is to have an honest and respectful conversation about life and spiritual matters .

For some reason it becomes most difficult .

x daz x

BigJohn 23-05-2021 07:11 PM

Our problem, might be in our delivery. We might have to work on that so as to be more convincing.

hazada guess 24-05-2021 08:37 AM

I started this topic, never thinking that it would be that popular but I am fascinated by the replies that give me so much to concentrate and learn from. Do carry on i am learning so much here.:biggrin:

Greenslade 24-05-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Our problem, might be in our delivery. We might have to work on that so as to be more convincing.

Spiritual people have a propensity for redefinition and ignorance, the ego is redefined as the bad guy because people want a scapegoat and someone to point the finger at. Spirituality is the "What?" and psychology is the "How?" but psychology is a sacrilege. The self sounds more cool than the ego and of course everyone has one of those, so everyone is an expert. People identify with the self not realising that what they're doing is operating from the differentiated consciousness of the ego and they're attaching to nothing more than their own definitions of the self - which originate in the unconscious.

What then happens is they are only conscious of some 5-10% of their total consciousness, the unconscious - which provides most of the framework for their Spirituality - is the other 90-95% of their consciousness. The discussion of consciousness takes place in the ego and its source is the unconscious - and for most they're never conscious that this is happening.

As Jung said, "People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

The darkness he was talking about was the unconscious, and it'll remain dark as long as people are redefining ego and self for their own agendas, or are simply running away from themselves.