Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   All things Christmas ..... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147659)

Sir Neil 26-12-2023 04:06 PM

Christmas Day May have been yesterday, but the festive feel continues. I generally like Boxing Day, especially as I get the day off now. I have been out cycling in the sunshine to burn yesterday’s calories off. I went to my local branch of Starbucks which was good and busy, and where whole extended families were out laughing and joking with each other. Now I am at home with my feet up watching the football scores coming in, and will be going to my Mum’s again in around an hour’s time.

Anala 27-12-2023 12:51 AM

Our Christmas is always different. Our lives take many unusual turns and we learned to hold the reins a little looser.

This year we had a late lunch of bbq chicken, steamed buns, and coleslaw. Then made maple, pecan brittle for dessert. Ella did not understand why we did not open presents right away when we woke up.

We worked on projects. My son bought me a video game where my character swims in the ocean and explore. So, we played games for a little.

Finally it was time to go to sleep and the wind picked up and the snow began swirling all around. When we awoke, we were in a full blown blizzard…

Off to work I went to shovel the front walk and work. :D

Who ever was praying for snow, I think your flakes strayed a bit, lol.

We should be in blizzard until tomorrow. Luckily I love shoveling snow!

BigJohn 27-12-2023 01:09 AM

I like your style of writing.
I also laughed when you wrote "Who ever was praying for snow, I think your flakes strayed a bit, lol."

I used to love shoveling snow......
But when shoveling snow and mowing grass 'took over' my life, I came to realize there might be more to life. Now I have had my fill of desert...... time to move on.

Anala 27-12-2023 02:37 AM

:hug2: You are going to have so much fun John! I expect picture! lol

AngelBlue 27-12-2023 06:24 AM

Anala, Native Spirit will be spitting feathers that you got all our snow LOL.
Shovelling snow over here is well and truly a thing of the past !!!

BigJohn 27-12-2023 07:44 AM

Sometimes we get snow in the mountains but this year, it looks like the mountains have gotten no snow so far. For some, going skiing in the desert seems to be a treat for them.

AngelBlue 27-12-2023 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sometimes we get snow in the mountains but this year, it looks like the mountains have gotten no snow so far. For some, going skiing in the desert seems to be a treat for them.

LOLOLOLOL......
Skiing in the desert ......
Do they wear "sand shoes ?"....
That's funny ( but I know what you mean really )....

Native spirit 27-12-2023 09:08 AM

Snow makes christmas in my opinion all we get is Vile horrible rain so many people are leaving here because of the weather, I dont blame them

Namaste

AngelBlue 27-12-2023 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
Snow makes christmas in my opinion all we get is Vile horrible rain so many people are leaving here because of the weather, I dont blame them

Namaste

That is so true Native. Another storm we are having now with lots of rain.
No wonder folk emigrate....