Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Only three Theories explain the Relation between our Soul and Matter (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130990)

iamthat 12-09-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Sorry, but you can't just go and make stuff up on your own and pretend and expect everyone to agree with your made up definitions. The lack of belief =/= having a belief.

Altair then says:

The definition of belief is quite clear, and I provided it. Lack of belief =/= belief.

He seems unaware that he is making up stuff on his own and then pretending and expecting everyone to agree with his made up definitions.

I actually don't really care about the semantics involved as to what constitutes a belief or whether atheism is a belief.

But if Altair were to step back and observe what he is saying then he might learn something about his own projections.

Peace.

Altair 12-09-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
Altair then says:

The definition of belief is quite clear, and I provided it. Lack of belief =/= belief.

He seems unaware that he is making up stuff on his own and then pretending and expecting everyone to agree with his made up definitions.

I actually don't really care about the semantics involved as to what constitutes a belief or whether atheism is a belief.

But if Altair were to step back and observe what he is saying then he might learn something about his own projections.

Peace.

I'm not making stuff up, I am using the definitions that are always used concerning 'beliefs'. This is basic stuff, and if you prefer to make up your own definitions you disqualify yourself from any sensible conversation. There is no such thing as ''I believe in the non-belief''. It's utterly pathetic, like saying ''I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa''. It's a pointless, and needlessly complicated statement that doesn't say anything of importance..

And it's a total cop-out of you that you think you can turn this around and project it upon me. Funny you should even use the word 'projection' when you aren't even aware what it's about.

Jyotir 12-09-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

''I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa''

Perfect example of a belief.

~ J

BigJohn 12-09-2019 11:05 PM

Quote:

But in any practical way, nobody goes around believing that the world is only matter. There's no church, no doctrine, no nothing about it. It's just people who observe existence and come to the conclusion that existence of spirits cannot be proven. People only bring subjective experiences to the table, like ''I feel there's a spirit'', ''I'm hearing voices'' and ''meditation yo!'' Nothing wrong with that, and I'm not shy of it either, but lets be real here, none of this will pass the rigorous requirements of science.

And....... some people start taking their medication again and the 'spirits' stop talking to them, right?

inavalan 13-09-2019 01:37 AM

I pretty much agree with Legrand's post on another thread.

iamthat 13-09-2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

I'm not making stuff up, I am using the definitions that are always used concerning 'beliefs'. This is basic stuff, and if you prefer to make up your own definitions you disqualify yourself from any sensible conversation. There is no such thing as ''I believe in the non-belief''. It's utterly pathetic, like saying ''I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa''. It's a pointless, and needlessly complicated statement that doesn't say anything of importance.

OK, let's try to make some sense of it.

Person A says "I believe that yetis exist in the Himalayas."

Person B says "I believe that yetis do not exist in the Himalayas."

From what Altair has said, Person A has a belief but Person B does not have a belief???

The logic of this escapes me (and I am a fairly logical fellow).

Peace

BigJohn 13-09-2019 03:10 AM

Does not 1+1+1=1 in Boolean Algebra?

r6r6 13-09-2019 03:16 AM

@{ * i * }@

[quote=BigJohn]Soul has so many definitions I would say it is undefinable or possibly does not exist..[/quote]

Soul = biological. Simple not complex.

Biological/soul :D

Intention { * ? * } and ego { i } > > arrow-of-time > > is forward and outward

Love ( ( oo ) ) and integrity { /\Y/\ } past < now < future is wholistically inward as one

"Unity is plural and at a minimum two"...Bucky Fuller

BigJohn 13-09-2019 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r6r6r
Soul has so many definitions I would say it is undefinable or possibly does not exist..[/quote]

Soul = biological. Simple not complex.

Biological/soul :D

Intention { * ? * } and ego { i } > > arrow-of-time > > is forward and outward

Love ( ( oo ) ) and integrity { /\Y/\ } past < now < future is wholistically inward as one

"Unity is plural and at a minimum two"...Bucky Fuller

WOW
But if you asked 100 people what a soul is, you probably
will get over 400 different answers as reflective on this forum.

NOTE: If you check Collins Dictionary, they claim a soul consists
of such diverse things such as your mind and thoughts. By the way, I checked
and could not find your definition of the soul no where on the Internet: I do not understand.

JosephineB 13-09-2019 05:38 AM

Quote:

I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa'

Quote:

I believe that yetis do not exist in the Himalayas."

Either way, neither sentence would normally use, or actually make sense using believe in them.