Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   All things Christmas ..... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=147659)

Anala 25-12-2023 06:29 AM

Sir Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Christmas memories and Christmas present, so beautiful!

I hope everyone’s day is full of all the things they hope for.

One more sleep for us and it will be Christmas. :D

AngelBlue 25-12-2023 06:56 AM

Yes a lovely Christmas account Neil. Thank you.
I also love the atmosphere of Christmas here .

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE...

AngelBlue 25-12-2023 07:26 AM

And of course , Christmas is not happy for a lot of people for many different reasons.
They may be homeless, hungry , cold. They may have no hope. They may be starving . They may be depressed. They may be lonely. They may be grieving for loved ones. They may be very poorly. They may be frightened. They may be living in fear.

But whatever the reason they are not having a happy Christmas and we need to remember them too and hope and pray that their circumstances change soon for the better and for now at least we are the lucky ones.
We must never forget that.

Altair 25-12-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
And of course , Christmas is not happy for a lot of people for many different reasons.
They may be homeless, hungry , cold. They may have no hope. They may be starving . They may be depressed. They may be lonely. They may be grieving for loved ones. They may be very poorly. They may be frightened. They may be living in fear.

Yes this is very nice of you to give thoughts to. I am convinced that everyone will eventually be 'happy' in the hereafter, and also that we all go through difficult lives on earth. Today's king was yesterday's beggar. Society should do more though to prevent the things you mention, many bad things happen because society isn't really a community.

Native spirit 25-12-2023 11:27 AM

So much truth written in that

Namaste

BigJohn 25-12-2023 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Because my son now lives in Asia, and the Christmas menu is very different in different countries I was wondering what will be on your Christmas table this Christmas ??
Obviously we have people on the forum from all over the world .

My Christmas' got 'ruined' when I would go and see Santa Claus arrive in the proper fashion....... on an Elephant! LOL!

Merry Christmas folks.......

Next year can only get better!

Sir Neil 26-12-2023 12:22 AM

Highlights of my day today: going to my brother’s house and chatting football with my nephew. Then having dinner at my Mum’s house and chatting about family members with her and my Aunty.

AngelBlue 26-12-2023 04:16 AM

That's lovely Neil.
I did nothing cos hubby working , we are doing "Christmas" on Friday.
But I could resonate with your chatting footy with your nephew as my youngest son now lives in the Philippines with his filippino wife and 11 year old step son.
They are not overly big on footy over there but my son has football running through his veins .
So anyway , he video called me yesterday and was telling me how thrilled he was because his stepson has just joined the school football team and so he's been coaching him a bit as he himself used to play football.
He said he's really missing having us all to talk "footy ".... Also, he's really missing all the traditional English Christmas food LOL..

Native spirit 26-12-2023 10:10 AM

My daughter lives in the Netherlands and she was telling me how they celebrate Christmas there apparently Santa goes around on a sled and some families put out a wooden clog Christmas eve they fill it with sweets
it sounded so strange and some families have some sort of a roll filled with meat rather than turkey

Namaste

BigJohn 26-12-2023 02:04 PM

I always believed in the traditional Christmas.

Christmas took on a very special meaning when I started to see Santa arriving and getting down off of his Elephant. Now, that is the only Christmas I want from now on!