PDA

View Full Version : Conversations with my pendulum

Adrienne
26-01-2011, 03:40 PM
This morning I had a few questions I was looking for answers to. After reading the recent postings about pendulums, I thought I should ask my pendulum.

I was holding my pendulum and just casually said " Good morning ". And simultaneously, I heard in my mind " yes, it is a good morning " and my pendulum started swinging in the answer of my yes answers ! Most interesting I thought.

Usually when I start working with my pendulum, I start by asking a yes question, just to reconfirm the direction of the swing ( and yes, AngelBreeze I do remember you telling me I can program the pendulum :smile: , which I did do later in the conversation.)

And so I proceeded with my questions .....

now my question is ~

WHO am I talking to ? I was wanting to connect with Spirit, but I didn't actually request to do so. Was Spirit reading my thoughts and answering me ? Was it one of my Spirit Guides ?

And I know some people start out their conversations, asking their Spirit Guides to speak to them thru their pendulums, or via the pendulums. And I have heard of people speaking to their loved ones, also using the pendulum as the conversation piece, so to speak.

A bit late, to think of this, but I suppose I could have/ should have asked WHO I was speaking to ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

SoaringSpirit
26-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Dream Angel, personally, I usually connect with a particular 'guide' when using my pendulum, but I also use it to connect with those who have died as well as the 'souls' of those that I help sometimes. It depends on what I am doing as to 'who' I connect with.

Adrienne
26-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Thank you Soaring Spirit. So do you ask first to speak to whoever it is you are wanting to speak with, before you ask the pendulum ? This would make sense, so probably a silly question.

SoaringSpirit
26-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Normally I greet my guide when using the pendulum, and explain what I'm going to do and then contact whomever else I need to. I know then that he (my guide) will be watching over any communication too.

Adrienne
26-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a good idea ! And if you don't mind me asking, did it take a few turns, tries, before you connected with your Guide this way ?

or did you just sit down one day, decide to connect with your Guide using the pendulum and voila ! Instant success ?

SoaringSpirit
26-01-2011, 04:23 PM
To tell you the truth, initially when I picked up a pendulum I had no idea what I was doing, I just dabbled in it and because of that, I lost interest very quickly (this was many, many years ago). Then a while later, I 'met' (on the web) someone who became a dowsing mentor to me and I learned everything I know about dowsing from him. At that point, I had instant success. Of course since then I have learned more on my own too.

Adrienne
26-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Thank you SoaringSpirit !

SoaringSpirit
26-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Enjoy using your pendulum Dream Angel, its a VERY useful tool and I use mine daily for various reasons.

AngelBreeze
26-01-2011, 05:06 PM
This morning I had a few questions I was looking for answers to. After reading the recent postings about pendulums, I thought I should ask my pendulum.

I was holding my pendulum and just casually said " Good morning ". And simultaneously, I heard in my mind " yes, it is a good morning " and my pendulum started swinging in the answer of my yes answers ! Most interesting I thought.

Usually when I start working with my pendulum, I start by asking a yes question, just to reconfirm the direction of the swing ( and yes, AngelBreeze I do remember you telling me I can program the pendulum :smile: , which I did do later in the conversation.)

And so I proceeded with my questions .....

now my question is ~

WHO am I talking to ? I was wanting to connect with Spirit, but I didn't actually request to do so. Was Spirit reading my thoughts and answering me ? Was it one of my Spirit Guides ?

And I know some people start out their conversations, asking their Spirit Guides to speak to them thru their pendulums, or via the pendulums. And I have heard of people speaking to their loved ones, also using the pendulum as the conversation piece, so to speak.

A bit late, to think of this, but I suppose I could have/ should have asked WHO I was speaking to ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Warm greetings Dream Angel!

You ask: "WHO am I talking to ? I was wanting to connect with Spirit, but I didn't actually request to do so. Was Spirit reading my thoughts and answering me ? Was it one of my Spirit Guides ?"

In order to know whom you are talking to, it is essential to start your work by asking that you wish to communicate with a certain person or entity only. Be guarded in that there are countless "opportunistic" energies or beings around in spirit. They will try to answer your questions and if they are not elevated enough spiritually to answer with truth and light, their answers will be reflective of that and that is one way you will know.

If you were wanting to connect with "Spirit", then be sure to phrase that desire in such a way so as to connect with the BENEVOLENT Spirit of God's helpers or His angels who are there to assist you. You should not just start your pendulum work by leaving that very important aspect open to whomever or whatever wants to head in and answer what you are asking. That would be tantamount to leaving your door open to your house whenever you leave for the grocery store. I hope you would not do that, likewise you cannot leave the door open for other entities that you do not know who they are or what they stand for to come in and begin a conversation with you. Use Precaution Always!

In retrospect, yes, it was a bit late, as an afterthought, to ask who you were speaking to. However, if you thought about this, even if in the middle of a pendulum swing, you could simply terminate the session and go back and do it the correct way so that you would not have to fear who would be "coming to your intuitive door" to speak with you. You can always terminate a session and restart it whenever you wish.

Another pendulum tip to remember:

When you are finished asking one question, place your pendulum in your left hand (if you are right handed, reversed if you are left-handed) and leave it there for just a moment and intend to clear the vibrations of the previous question. It will help to clear the pendulum so that it will be ready to continue with further questions. Do this each time you conclude a question and have received an answer.

With many heart-filled blessings,
AngelBreeze <3

P.S. Let me know if you would like to know a technique to check if your answer is vibrating to correctness without having to ask the pendulum itself if it is!

Adrienne
27-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Warm greetings to you too AngelBreeze,

You are quite right about leaving the door open idea, I certainly don't want to do that ! :icon_eek: I don't want to chat with just any Spirit who happens to wander by. Thanks for the termination and restarting the session idea.

Another pendulum tip to remember:

When you are finished asking one question, place your pendulum in your left hand (if you are right handed, reversed if you are left-handed) and leave it there for just a moment and intend to clear the vibrations of the previous question. It will help to clear the pendulum so that it will be ready to continue with further questions. Do this each time you conclude a question and have received an answer. Usually I just ask the pendulum to stop between questions, I will give this a go. I appreciate the pendulum tips !

And, yes, I would like to know the technique you mentioned, thank you

many blessings to you,
Dream Angel xx

AngelBreeze
27-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Warm greetings to you too AngelBreeze,

You are quite right about leaving the door open idea, I certainly don't want to do that ! :icon_eek: I don't want to chat with just any Spirit who happens to wander by. Thanks for the termination and restarting the session idea.

Usually I just ask the pendulum to stop between questions, I will give this a go. I appreciate the pendulum tips !

And, yes, I would like to know the technique you mentioned, thank you

many blessings to you,
Dream Angel xx

Warm greetings, Dream Angel!

You're welcome! And I hope this finds you well and happy!

Regarding the technique mentioned - "P.S. Let me know if you would like to know a technique to check if your answer is vibrating to correctness without having to ask the pendulum itself if it is!"

After your pendulum has *stopped moving* after asking it a question and receiving an answer, get into a prayerful mood and ask God three (3) times to confirm if the answer you have received is so. If it moves in the direction that indicates a positive response, you have your answer. Simply allow the pendulum to start moving again while asking three times and see what the answer is.

Again, I hope you have an absolutely Beautiful Day and that all your dreams become reality!

With Light-filled Blessings Always,
AngelBreeze

innerlight
27-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a good idea ! And if you don't mind me asking, did it take a few turns, tries, before you connected with your Guide this way ?

or did you just sit down one day, decide to connect with your Guide using the pendulum and voila ! Instant success ?

You know it's funny... I never really thought about it.. but as long as i've used my pendulum I have always used it to connect to my guides, or guardian. I never even thought of just asking the pendulum. I suppose it could be possible that my intuition told me to do it that way. It's just always how I did it.

I've never had them hesitate to come forward, if they do come forward. I usually always have have them change the direction so I know they have come forward.

Adrienne
27-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Greetings again, AngelBreeze !

Many thanks for sharing your technique ! Nice and easy, for some reason I was expecting something more complicated, not sure why.

I hope you have an absolutely Beautiful Day and that all your dreams become reality! Wow ! I am having a Beautiful Day, you must be psychic, lol ! :smile:

I would like my dreams to become reality, so what do you know about manifesting ?

love, light and blessings to you,
Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
31-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Have you ever noticed when you ask a question, that the pendulum swings either rather slow or sometimes fast ? I would say that at times when it is swinging faster, then that is a sign of a definite yes or no... no questions about it !

Anyone else notice a difference in the speed of the swinging of their pendulum ?

Dream Angel xx

SoaringSpirit
31-01-2011, 04:54 AM
I notice that and for me it indicates the 'degree' of the answer. eg: if its a very big YES, I get a very excited reaction.

Adrienne
02-02-2011, 09:35 AM
SoaringSpirit,

I like it when I get an excited Yes answer to some questions that I ask. Gives one a feeling of confirmation, that this really is the answer.

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
02-02-2011, 09:38 AM
You know it's funny... I never really thought about it.. but as long as i've used my pendulum I have always used it to connect to my guides, or guardian. I never even thought of just asking the pendulum. I suppose it could be possible that my intuition told me to do it that way. It's just always how I did it.

I've never had them hesitate to come forward, if they do come forward. I usually always have have them change the direction so I know they have come forward.

hi Inner,

Sorry, I must have missed this. You have always used the pendulum to connect to your guides or guardian ? Do they just know you are using it to connect with them or do you specifically ask for them before you ask the pendulum your questions ?

I like the idea of asking them to change the direction, so you know they are there. I am thinking I should try this ! Thanks !

Dreamie xx

Adrienne
14-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Yesterday I got a new pendulum, today I was asking it which direction it would swing for each answer. I got the same front and back for a yes, sideways for a no, clockwise circle for a maybe . Then I decided to ask which direction when it didn't want to answer my question and it swung in a counterclockwise circle - first time I have had that movement. Usually my pendulums just stay still, don't swing at all..... when they don't want to answer a question.

Endless Nameless
15-02-2011, 09:20 PM
How can you ever really know if the "yes/no" answers are right?

Medium_Laura
15-02-2011, 09:39 PM
How can you ever really know if the "yes/no" answers are right?

When you work with it enough on things you can validate, you set up that trust with your pendy. Then you can ask things you don't consciously know and trust it. Trust is key in spiritual work. :)

My son lost his ipod. for 2 weeks. Finally he asked me to "find it" lol.

I did, right down to the pocket in the cargo pants.. and the color of the pants :D

Medium_Laura
15-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Yesterday I got a new pendulum, today I was asking it which direction it would swing for each answer. I got the same front and back for a yes, sideways for a no, clockwise circle for a maybe . Then I decided to ask which direction when it didn't want to answer my question and it swung in a counterclockwise circle - first time I have had that movement. Usually my pendulums just stay still, don't swing at all..... when they don't want to answer a question.

This one seems more attuned to you then. :)

Ask "Am I in harmony with this pendulum?" :D

LightFilledHeart
16-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm so intrigued with the success you all have ascertaining accurate divination information from a pendulum. I have never been able to get mine to work. It circles to the right for a yes and goes back and forth from front to back for a no, but it just is not accurate. It seems the subconscious mind definitely dictates the answers one receives, and even the SLIGHTEST undetected movement will influence the direction it displays. I tested mine by writing three questions (the answers to which were absolute and known by me) on slips of paper, which I then folded into exact sized squares to cover any signs of which question was on which slip of paper. I then dowsed with the pendulum for the answers, jotting down the yes or no's and keeping the slips in the same order I'd asked the questions. Every single one of the answers received through the pendulum were in accurate! I was so disappointed!

Now I've worked with actual dowsing RODS in the past, and I have likewise found them to be unreliable. Sometimes they give me accurate answers, and other times not. It seems in the event of a question to which I have a strong emotional attachment, they are nearly always wrong, giving me not the true answer but rather the one I want to hear. Please know that I am NOT consciously making any movements (even infinitesimal!) that would influence the outcome.

Medium_Laura
16-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm so intrigued with the success you all have ascertaining accurate divination information from a pendulum. I have never been able to get mine to work. It circles to the right for a yes and goes back and forth from front to back for a no, but it just is not accurate. It seems the subconscious mind definitely dictates the answers one receives, and even the SLIGHTEST undetected movement will influence the direction it displays. I tested mine by writing three questions (the answers to which were absolute and known by me) on slips of paper, which I then folded into exact sized squares to cover any signs of which question was on which slip of paper. I then dowsed with the pendulum for the answers, jotting down the yes or no's and keeping the slips in the same order I'd asked the questions. Every single one of the answers received through the pendulum were in accurate! I was so disappointed!

Now I've worked with actual dowsing RODS in the past, and I have likewise found them to be unreliable. Sometimes they give me accurate answers, and other times not. It seems in the event of a question to which I have a strong emotional attachment, they are nearly always wrong, giving me not the true answer but rather the one I want to hear. Please know that I am NOT consciously making any movements (even infinitesimal!) that would influence the outcome.

May I ask you a question? How much do you trust what you receive from people you speak to? Do you have problems believing what people tell you?

This happens sometimes with a pendulum when you have your own personal trust issues. You access your higher self or your oversoul when you work with a "pendy". Make your own out of a ring and yarn or thread. Then ask "Is this pendulum in harmony with me". IF it moves AT ALL. that is the sign it is.

Then... say "Show me a clear sign for yes" "Show me a clear sign for no."

Try small things first. "All things considered, is it optimal (This sentence covers things that are unknown to your conscious but accesses your higher consciousness).... then ask Am I female? Do I have 3 children?

If you feel your flinching and making it swing... that's OK!! You are supposed to! Try to make it spin... make it go in a huge circle like your playing with it. Then...ask your question. Allow it to settle to a perpetual motion... it should answer you correctly.

Another thing I tell students.. After you ask, look away and start to sing Happy Birthday. Once you finish the song, look at your pendy. :D

:D

Did you try watching the You Tube instructions I've posted from Amy?
It may help you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTPk9iEw0-s

Moonkestrel
16-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Great thread - I recently brought a beautiful crystal pendulum and have a really strong connection to it however, wasn't sure where to start using it..now I know! Thanks guys!

Medium_Laura
01-07-2011, 03:39 AM
If you have questions Moon, just ask away. I've used mine for many years :) Always has served me well :)

Adrienne
23-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Hello Heart ! :smile:
Most interesting to hear about you working with dowsing Rods. Sorry to hear they didn't work for you. I haven't heard of that before, in my mind I am visualizing a kind of a stick, like in the olden days when people were divining for water ? am I even close ?

I am wondering if pendulums or dowsing rods just aren't meant to be for certain people - thinking of a friend of mine who recently bought one. She tried and tried and it just wouldn't move at all ! :icon_eek: I have never seen that happen, so I tried it and it moved for me... I even asked it questions for her and it answered, then gave it back to her and nothing. She decided to return it to the store.

Do you use Angel cards ? or other forms of divination ?

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
23-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Last night I was working with my pendulum and the strangest thing, well not the strangest thing... but strange, happened. I asked the question and the pendulum started to answer no, then changed it's mind and answered yes, and quite excitedly ! This happened twice with 2 seperate questions.

I started the questions with " Is it in the best interest of all parties concerned that ....... happens ? "

Has anyone else had this happen, where the pendulum changes its mind ?

Dream Angel xx

Medium_Laura
23-07-2011, 02:18 PM
It may mean you are mentally changing the swing without knowing it.

I usually close my eyes and reword the question. Is ____ for my highest good? Close your eyes, count to 15 and then see what your pendulum is doing :)

Adrienne
23-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Thank you Laura, so it would be ok to ask the question again... using your suggestion for wording ?

Medium_Laura
23-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Yes, try rewording it and asking again. Many times I do this if I think I'm biasing it. I tell it my intent too lol (though I know I'm talking to me. ie: my highest self). I will say that I think I influenced it. I need it to give me truths and not my desires. Then I'll ask "Are you ready to give me truthful answers?" It will say yes or no. Then I will reword the original question

Adrienne
23-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks much Laura! I appreciate your helpfulness and advice ! :hug3:

Medium_Laura
23-07-2011, 02:48 PM
anytime :) xo

Adrienne
24-08-2011, 05:08 PM
It has been awhile since I had a conversation with my pendulum, so the other night I sat down and we had a chat. :D I have heard of people using their pendulum to figure out the names of their spirit guides by asking for letters. So, I was wondering if I could ask for something number related.

I wanted to know a phone number. I started asking " is this the first number of the area code for ...... phone number ? " and I kept asking different numbers til I got a yes answer. I continued doing this for the whole set of numbers and wrote each one down. At the end I asked my pendulum, is this the phone number for ..... ? and it answered yes.

So easy I thought, there were definite yes / no answers and I thought wow ! My doubt soon set in and I decided to try another number, this time a number I had, but didn't have memorized... so I could verify if the numbers I was receiving from the pendulum were correct. It happened again, so easy, definite yes / no answers and soon I had the whole phone number. Well ..... I did have a phone number but not the one I wanted ! :icon_eek:

Can you believe it ... NONE of the numbers I got matched the numbers in the phone number I was verifying ! NONE !! so much for the idea that the first phone number was correct.

Anyone else try asking their pendulum for numbers and have success at doing so ?

Dream Angel xx