PDA

View Full Version : Someone thinking about you when you can't sleep

Vintage traveler
31-01-2016, 05:55 AM
I've heard that there is an ancient saying that if you can't sleep someone is thinking about you? I'd love to tell myself this is true. Does anyone know the back story to this? Is it legend or myth? Strongly believe in cultures and religions? Thoughts?

Adrienne
31-01-2016, 06:02 AM
I've heard that there is an ancient saying that if you can't sleep someone is thinking about you? I'd love to tell myself this is true. Does anyone know the back story to this? Is it legend or myth? Strongly believe in cultures and religions? Thoughts?

so that explains why I can't sleep..... too many people thinking about me ! :wink: LOL !

interesting saying, I have never heard that one before. I have heard that when you get the hiccups it means someone is thinking of you. :smile:

lemongrass_
07-02-2016, 01:12 AM
I have heard of both but not aware of the origin or whether they are true or not... :smile:

I have a similar question though, is it true that when you dream of someone, this person is thinking of you? :confused1: :icon_scratch:

Love,
lemongrass

oldasthesea
11-02-2016, 05:20 PM
It better be. lol

tveg11
11-02-2016, 05:59 PM
I haven't heard of this before, so can't comment on origin, but spending a lot of time struggling to get to sleep in my younger years, I think it would be a little arrogant to blame that on someone else (although it could very well be attributed to ME thinking about myself too much).

However, I have on a number of occasions woken suddenly in the middle of the night, where this has been confirmed as the exact time someone has been thinking about me. So there may be something in it.

Moon_Glow
11-02-2016, 06:14 PM
I've heard that when the clasp on a necklace makes its way to the front someone's thinking of you...

right palm itches means you'll be coming into money

left palm itches means you'll be giving money

the palms has been pretty true for me.... the rest... I guess I'll never know

nearspirit
11-02-2016, 06:26 PM
I doubt it to be true. But would be cool

Adrienne
12-02-2016, 03:38 PM
I've heard that when the clasp on a necklace makes its way to the front someone's thinking of you...

right palm itches means you'll be coming into money

left palm itches means you'll be giving money

the palms has been pretty true for me.... the rest... I guess I'll never know

interesting one about the necklace ~

with the palms the way I have heard it is, when your left palm itches you will be receiving some money

when your right palm itches, you will meet someone new ( one shakes hands with their right hand, usually )

Adrienne
12-02-2016, 03:38 PM
I doubt it to be true. But would be cool

Try believing ~ and see what happens ! :smile:

Black Sheep
12-02-2016, 06:02 PM

I'm not sure about the legend, but say when a loved one passes, when they think of you, often they instantly appear at the bedside. A person(depending on clairvoyant abilities) may or may not see the spirit, but be awoke in the middle of the night. Sometimes they do unintentionally disrupt the sleeper, hanging out for days before moving on or checking in time to time. So I can see truth in it, but can also think of times when it wasn't true. Only keen insight or awareness can tell in the moment which is true.

I've also heard "when one's ear's are burning, someone is talking about you."

cress
13-02-2016, 02:33 PM
IDK.. i want to tell myself it's true too, but i don't know. It's a kind of myth i heard too though.

Another one, i heard when you wake up on specific time many nights, it's your angel/guide message for something too! Well, i've check on this one but not sure either.

Tanemon
14-02-2016, 12:54 AM
I think inability to get into sleep can have a variety of causes. I know from my own experience, I once went to an evening meeting with a group of people who had a strong link to a spiritual ashram/community in South India. I myself had no connection there, but I liked this group of people. I sat in meditation with them for maybe 15-20 minutes before they commenced the business of the meeting. The agenda and discussion aspects were pretty mundane. When I got home, I couldn't get to sleep for a long time - I was so charged up, and I hadn't really realized it until I lay down for the night.

In years since that time, I've found that when I have the opportunity to get a "spiritual infusion" via my yogic-type practices and my incarnate (human) spiritual associates, I often have a hard time getting to sleep at night afterwards. Especially so if the practices or infusion have happened after about 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon.

But the above isn't to say that what you queried about in your OP isn't the case. It might, for all I know, be another cause of sleeplessness. I'd think that would only be the case, though, if there were a special resonance between you and the person thinking about you.

Deusdrum
14-02-2016, 08:28 AM
If so, I wish people would stop thinking about me all the time! Have also heard that if your ears are ringing people are thinking about you. Right ear, good things; left ear, bad. Also in this latter instance, people must literally be thinking about me all the time. I can be vain at times, but even this seems far fetched and unlikely to me to be the sole cause of my sleepless nights and ringing ears.

Probably not always the case, if ever the case. Then again, these ideas come from somewhere, maybe some psychic sympathetic reaction allows us to pick it up intuitively when people are thinking of us, like getting a text or phone call from someone the moment you think of them, even if you haven't heard or thought of them for awhile, but in this case it registers differently in the form of an inability to sleep?

Then there's the expression "how can you sleep at night?" which may have some bearing, though in reverse as stated in the OP, meaning wronging others might cause a person (those w/ a conscience at least) to have trouble sleeping, b/c they are the ones doing the thinking about other people.

Good idea to shield up before sleep, there's a whole lot of weirdness running through my head laying in bed some nights. Can help not only getting to sleep, for those of us who's minds keep racing past bedtime, but also to dream well.

Vintage traveler
14-02-2016, 11:25 PM
This is all very insightful. Thank you all for the comments. It is very strange but it's interesting that I'm not alone; though not all the same expieences, others have experienced this as well