PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever asked for a sign expecting not to get it?

anditmakesmewonder
22-01-2016, 04:44 AM
Back in August I asked for a sign regarding a destination in another country, wondering if I should go there. My grandma left the TV on, but wasn't in the living room and as I walked by it, the program episode was about a girl going to the exactly same city to visit her father( I do have a stranged father I plan to visit someday but not in this city/it was fathers day in my country). I kept watching it even though I don't do it usually, out of curiosity and because I had requested to be shown in some way this place 3 times in a short period. I was really aiming for its name to be shown, just it. Instead I got a nice view of it.
The next day I was watching the news and they were talking about a hood in my city that had the exactly same name of the city I asked for a sign. I never knew such hood existed.So for the final sign I thought to myself "I bet I'll see it in (neighbor city) newspaper twitter and it doesn't count. No, I won't take it as a sign." And that was exactly what happened. So I decided to dismiss the whole thing.
Last Sunday I thought about it again before sleep and asked for the same sign so I'd be sure. The next day I didn't even remember anything. I saw a twitter profile talking about a TV series I didn't know nothing about and they were reminding us about its premiere in about a hour. As the lead was an actor from another TV series I like I decided to watch it. Less than half an hour of the episode I see the city's name and the characters kept talking about it and it got mentioned 5 times or even more.
I immediately remembered I asked for a sign, but this was so in my face and in less than 24 hours! I never got a sign this fast. And the thing is what I really wanted was a denial. I wanted no signs at all so I could forget all about it, if this even makes sense. I just wanted to reinforce to myself that there was no real, valid reason to visit this place so I could concentrate my efforts and plans in somewhere/something else. Has anyone felt this way?
Does it make me an ungrateful person if I simply reject the sign I asked for? As a way to avoid it and yet discredit it again I requested for additional signs, but I wasn't sure about what to ask, any suggestions?
Coincidentally my Spotify player was showing my friends latest played songs and it said(song names) "(state city is located) waiting", " hello", "blue(neighbor city and where main airport is located)".
I know a simple way to deal with it is just to say to myself I'm not ready or whatever, however what I really wanted to know is if visiting this specific location is essential in some way to my life, personal journey whatever they call...or if it's just a foolish whim that can be carried by the wind. (I admit I'm the pessimistic kind of person)