PDA

View Full Version : dog reaction

mindanalyzer
18-12-2015, 07:39 PM
I have a 3yo black wire haired dachshund that I love (and I am sure that he loves me the same way or even more). I treat him as another human being all the time (I never get angry with him no matter what he does)

Now, with my wife..., this is another matter: We have a very weird dynamic and our personalities kind of clash quite often so we have been having some situations lately, in which I become extremely angry (almost out of control).

I have noticed that as soon as I am getting angry my dog runs upstairs and I dont see him anymore until I am back to my normal self.

Is it that he senses my mood, my aura or that he 'sees' something dark in me during these episodes? note: I have had many dreams in which I appear with jet black feathery wings

iorek65
18-12-2015, 11:59 PM
It's time to take a look in the mirror and stare into the truth of your thoughts, feelings, and actions. Additionally, tracing the root of the emotions is a good idea--always with a spirit of self honesty.

Start letting your feelings out in a journal where you can record and get a later 3rd person perspective on what you're thinking and feeling.

We all have the ability to feed and develop the darkness and weakness or the virtue and light. We have to deal with the darkness with responsibility and acknowledgement to step into the light.

Animals are sensitive to the emotions/vibes of other beings.

Blessings to you.

Tobi
19-12-2015, 12:21 AM
From what I have known of dogs, they are afraid of humans' negative emotions.

Years ago I rescued a street dog.....very long story I won't go into here...but she was temporarily with a homeless man, and I gave him shelter in my home for a short time. He threw terrible tantrums. I understood, as I knew he had monumental problems, and became seriously addicted to alcohol.
One of those violent tantrums caused the dog to almost literally climb the walls -simply because she could not get out of the room.
I have never seen a dog so terrified, even when I got her out of the room she could hardly walk for trembling. Her legs kept caving in under her, and she wet herself.
I put her safely in the kitchen.

I rescued her that very night. And that was the end of that. She never saw anger again.

If you are having a tough time with your anger, please do consider getting some anger management counselling. Even if it costs you something, that would be the best money you ever spent. Put it top of your priority list.
There are also relationship counsellors, which might be able to help both you and your wife.
It is worth it.

Dogs don't come to us by accident. They nearly always have a special message for us.

Belle
19-12-2015, 12:15 PM
I remember we had a dog that was a real angel, it was called Skipper. It was with us for many years, notably when I was an angst ridden teenager.

I had a terrible time as a teenager - not so much terrible but unresolved anger and no outlet. One time I went to hit the dog. It always came back.

One day i had a really difficult phone call. It was just me and the dog in the house and there was a stairgate at the bottom of the stair, I was upstairs on the phone. I came off the phone and sobbed, fetal position on the ground. The dog got upstairs and came to lick my face. It was beside itself with worry for me. It wanted to help even tho I was mean to it. I was so lucky with this dog.

My mother has a rescue dog now. It does suffer from anxiety. It hardly lets mom out of her site, luckily that suits her as she has a need to be needed. I feel the dog and her found each other to meet specific needs in their psyche.

Moon_Glow
21-12-2015, 07:23 PM
It would probably do you a lot of good to check out Cesar Milan. The psychology of a dog and the psychology of a human are quite different.

Treating a dog like a human is not necessarily the best thing for the dog, it's usually the best thing for the human. To think like a dog is the only way to make sure his needs are getting met and having zero discipline and zero consequences are not meeting his needs.

I'm not saying you should love your dog any less but he needs to be treated the way he deserves and that is to meet all of his doggy needs not your people needs.

Dogs are very good at picking up on our energies, in fact just thinking that your dog might bite someone WILL cause them to bite... they know if you are feeling aggressive because they can feel your energy - they are much more in tune with these subtle changes but they still need to be treated like a dog, and doing so is respecting his needs much more so than if you treat him like a human.

Your dog is sensing your mood but I wouldn't read into it anymore than that. If you are having out of control fights with your wife though that seems to be the bigger issue at hand, not your dog being afraid of you when you guys fight.

Best of Luck!

CrystalSong
21-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Wow what a story Tobi! Thank you for sharing and rescuing the dog too.

Mindanalyzer, as a Healer I can tell you that our pets absorb trauma from us and prolonged ill health/stress effects our pets too. Often when doing a Healing on someone particularly like cancer, tumors and chronic problems I must do the persons pet also as they are developing the same or near issues as their owner. This has to do with over lapping auric fields and the nature of harmonization.
Suffice it to say your dog is trying to protect itself on may levels by leaving the room.

Perhaps some sort of couples therapy or guidance, marriage support group is called for since whatever is happening is escalated beyond one or both people having emotional control? When we have lost emotional control and are acting what seems out of context for ourselves or what we would have thought we were capable of it's time to get help. Marriage isn't easy - it's okay to get a mediator of some sort to help if you want to preserve it.
It'd be a nice Christmas gift for you, your wife and your dog. :)

Tobi
21-12-2015, 11:25 PM
We always have Soul Contracts with them. Sometimes we have very deep Soul Contracts. They come to help us with many things we learn, but one huge message is always that of love. They are willing to endure for the sake of that love, and for a dawning of a new way of being for one person. As a result, they advance too. They are absolutely devoted to this mission with Humankind.
How many millions of dogs doing this for how many millions of people?

That's their Spirit speaking.
Meanwhile we pick up poop and cook up dog food, and throw frisbees....:biggrin: