PDA

View Full Version : Getting Caught Up

Shivani Devi
01-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Hello there. I would please like to know what significance it has when things always catch or are caught up by other things on a very regular, annoying basis?

For example, I place my handbag on the driver's passenger seat and no matter when or how I pick it up, the handle seems to flop over and get caught around the gear stick, without me even noticing it.

Whenever I wear a loose-sleeved blouse and walk past a door knob, I'll inevitably get pulled back by it.

I put plastic shopping bags on a chair, and if the contents don't work their way towards a corner of the bag causing it to fall on the floor, the handles of said bag will entangle themselves around the back of the chair frame when I go and pick it up.

Whenever I wear a necklace with a pendant and a top with button holes (even of a smaller size), the pendant always seems to work its way through one, almost choking me, not to mention my rings getting caught on nearly every jumper I own.

Sometimes, a key on a keyring will work its way actually through the keyring itself and there's no possible way that can be either done or undone by human ingenuity no matter how hard I have tried to replicate it. I end up throwing my keys down about 5-6 times on the cement until it dislodges.

If I go into a clothing store and look at a piece of clothing, 9/10 the clothes hanger will get caught on another one, causing both items to fall to the floor.

All of this stuff happens on a regular, daily basis.

So, what's the significance behind everything seeming to get caught on everything else...and I won't even go into how long it takes me to separate everything after a wash cycle in my washing machine...thanks.

Lord_Viskey
01-12-2015, 04:54 PM
I learned to tell myself that "we should mind our attachments" (mentally to either positive or negative energy)...

I occasionally have nuisance experiences like these described, only they occur far less than they used to. I used to have incessant small engine and automotive breakdowns, lousy serendipitous experiences while driving, like hitting all of the red lights or having other vehicles pull out in front of me and lead me down dusty gravel roads on summer days when I want to drive with my windows down. I've been pushed down the highways by fast drivers when I want to drive slow and enjoy the scenery, and I've been held back by slow drivers when I need to make appointments that I've begun to get late for...

I attribute it all to an accumulation of negative energy in my life.

Start amusing yourself instead of annoying yourself with such events.

For my own driving annoyances, I printed out a "points" card in my free time at home one evening, for my "aggravated autoist" game in which I carefully assigned points for each "infraction" the external world placed on me - more points to the most annoying things and less points for the less aggravating things. I keep the score card near my console when I drive. I glance at my scoring reference with each irritating thing that other drivers do while I transit my 30 miles to work every day and tally up the score at the end of the trip for the amusement of it. The scoring is like golf with the lesser points in a day's worth of driving, the better the day has been. In my experience, I'd rather make a game of point accrual than to go off with road rage or the like.

Maybe a similar game could be designed by yourself for your own irritations?