PDA

View Full Version : what are ghosts? and other questions

lillyj
10-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Do you think they are dead people or something else?
if you believe they are dead people why do they get stuck when they die?
Do they always need help from the living to move on or can they do it by themselves sometimes?
Do you think they all need help and compasion no matter how they act or are some just plain bad that just want to mess with you and hurt you and have no intention of moving on?
so these are my questions i just wondered what everyone thinks

cvs
10-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I dont know but I know they are real. I was not open to anything spiritual until I a year and a bit ago, when I found myself face to face with one. It was then my whole belief system was flipped upside down and shaken. Since then has been a huge journey!

I do wonder what they are. I will be interested to hear peoples responses.

I never knew SO many people had seen ghosts until I had, and then suddenly everyone I spoke to had also.

I will share the story of that fateful night soon, when I have time to write it up.

Sangress
10-01-2011, 09:36 PM
All of these answers have been gained through personal experience.

Ghosts are souls of the dead. People or animals who were once living and lost their bodies and have not "passed over" to another level of existence.

People get "stuck" when they die for a lot of reasons, the most common seems to be that they are unable to let go of their life, unable to stop some kind of strong emotion from overwhelming them, unable to leave until they complete some kind of action or give others some kind of message. Though, I have spoken to a few that stayed simply because they wanted to look around the world and continue experiencing new things after death.

Do they always need help from the living to move on or can they do it by themselves sometimes?
Many of them stay here for a reason, once that reason is met then they often pass over by their own choice. I think that many need help working through their own issues, but that no help is specifically needed to allow them to pass over to the "other side." I think they have a free choice to do that once they are not so preoccupied with their past grievances.

Do you think they all need help and compassion no matter how they act or are some just plain bad that just want to mess with you and hurt you and have no intention of moving on?
Ghosts are as diverse as the person they were when they were alive, perhaps eve moreso. I personally don't accept that anyone is good or bad, instead I accept that everyone is different. Whether a ghost is "bad" or not is up to everyone's individual opinions or perceptions. I always encourage people to understand who they are dealing with before they pass judgments, I've seen too many ghosts and spirits be mistreated because of peoples fear and ignorance.

I live by the principle that everyone is equal regardless of what form of life they take, that there is no excuse for deliberately harming another being and that everyone deserves to be heard and seek help when they need it.

So, I think that ghosts or spirits of any kind should be treated with the utmost respect, regardless of how they behave.

themaster
10-01-2011, 11:55 PM

My understanding is some are.. I remind you that we are all the same being.. from that cricket you squashed accidently to the germs on your keyboard

(did you know there are more germs on keyboards then toilet seats? :D)

All things are you.. ghosts have "Free Will" just like us.. and some of their experiences of dying in dire circumstances of hate, of vengeance, of it wasn't my time! No!

And they using "free will" can trap themselves here by focusing on this energy/this thought/emotion they had when they died.. and so you might see a echo of their presence in places important to them on earth or otherwise..

Need help..?? I think most can't get help from the living.. they can help themselves.. even if a living person/medium/whatever was to help.. it is there choice via "FREE WILL" to help themselves..

But there just holding themselves back from heaven, from love.. even if they don't realize there doing it.. much the same way we hold ourselves back from loving ourselves or spending each day following our bliss.. (I got bills to pay a mortgage and kids to feed.. I can't possibly think of myself right now!)

Do you think they all need help and compasion no matter how they act or are some just plain bad that just want to mess with you and hurt you and have no intention of moving on?

They can't hurt you, unless you let them.. you can't even see them unless you allow your vibration too..

My teacher teaches were all the same being.. I believe him.. my other teacher teaches.. there is nothing wrong you can do ever! I also believe him.. :D So point of fact no.. there are no "plain bad" versions of me experiencing a lot of negativity as "ghosts" mainly..

And now you know.. what I.. my teachers think :smile:

lillyj
11-01-2011, 02:03 AM
so it sounds like you could get stuck without meaning to, or without really wanting to if you have some unconscious unresolved thing that would be enough to keep you here

i watched a documentry about people that can see spirits and
there was a girl who was being bothered by a spirit of a woman
that was angry at her for not helping her move on i guess it must be frustrating just like in life you get stuck and you dont know how to help yourself sometimes

Celeste
31-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I work at a nursing home. Today I worked alone, and told the ghosts they were welcome to come. For some strange reason, I'm not afraid of them. They are a comfort. Maybe they come to help. I asked the administrator, a nun, if she believed in ghosts, and she said, yes. I told her, good, because the place is loaded with them. It gave us an instant bond. I was impressed that a nun admitted to it. Anyways, I think they stick around a bit after they die, to reinforce in themselves, they are passed away. Afterall, what's the hurry???

Summerland
31-01-2011, 12:34 AM
I was very fortunate to have seen my first ghost when I was 6 and it was my Uncle Raymond. Several other members of the family saw him at later times and some were frightened. I am grateful that I was too wise to be frightened. I have run into other ghosts since who were basically stuck here, not knowing that they were dead.

Celeste
01-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Sometimes I see dense humans--mostly my dad. He was bending over a sink, eating a peach, after he was with me and my mom for a year after his death. Then I didn't see him for a while. I think he said farewell that way. We had a difficult relationship. Many, many years later, he came again for a while. When I was bumping into him, I knew he was with me to help me with something. Sure enough, several months after his arrival, my mom fell. I almost hit him, pulling out of my driveway. I put my foot hard on the brake, and my daughter asked me what the heck I was doing. I said I didn't want to hit that guy, who had work pants on. I told my girlfriend, who never claimed to be psychic, but she is, and she said, it was my dad, and I said, yes! I knew right away she was correct. He did that to get my attention.

Medium_Laura
01-02-2011, 10:23 PM
so it sounds like you could get stuck without meaning to, or without really wanting to if you have some unconscious unresolved thing that would be enough to keep you here

that was angry at her for not helping her move on i guess it must be frustrating just like in life you get stuck and you dont know how to help yourself sometimes

Ghosts retain their attitude too. They lady that was "angry" was more than likely that way in life too. Maybe she knew the child was a sensitive and could see her as a means for help.

Many times I have had spirits/ghosts come to me. One of them lives with me :) He is our previous owner. Nice little man, scares the cats but we all like him. His favorite thing is to blink the light in the room you're in (but no other ones in the house). I usually ask him "What is it now Bill?"

:) No reason to fear them, they are just people!

John32241
02-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Hi,

I have a different understanding about these things. They are based on channeled information from Kryon through Lee Carrol. I will post those insights if you are interested.

Thanks,
John

ringworld
05-02-2011, 06:47 AM
We all project ectoplasm naturally and some of us project it in high intensity. That high intensity of ectoplasm causes those people see ghosts.
The ghosts will continue to remain attached to physical world till they wish to be taken/proceed to the astral world.
Love and light to all...

Elven valkyrie
11-02-2011, 02:33 PM
There are two types of ghost.

Ones that don't interact with the physical realm. They appear at the same time, same place and do the same things, over and over. No changes in their pattern. I don't see them as ghosts as such, but more of a 'window into the past' that keep showing up. Some kind of disruption in time.
Or, a window to another physical realm (or plane as I call physical realms). They ignore you. Perhaps beings from other planes see our 'ghosts'.

And the ones that interact with the physical realm. Spirits of those who have crossed over. They reside in the spirit world, but can come back any time for various reasons and so they appear to us. Some may think it's funny to scare others. Some come to guide, let us know they are still around, etc.
Those that are 'trapped' I think are unsure of fully crossing to the spirit world. Perhaps because of firm beliefs in their last incarnation. Fear that other spirits will push them into the abyss for a while for evil deeds they committed - fear of going through redemption so they can start with neutral karma for the next incarnation.

Blessed be.

Toolite
15-02-2011, 07:22 PM

I believe ghost are dead people.. They lived before and passed away and chose not to move on... I believe that's a decision they make..

When the light shines it shines so quick and the person doesn't feel dead because death doesn't hurt in spirit so at that point they may not cross but, there are many reasons they can select to stay behind.. you keep your mindset so if you are worried about your children you may want to stay to watch over them...

I believe so can move on by themselves and some need help to move on..

Even when you pass away you still have your will so if you don't want to go you don't have to go but, it's not beneficial for them to stay.. In my opinion they endure more pain staying than moving on.. because there is a place for them in spirit.

I don't get caught up in their feelings because ghost made that decision for themselves and you will become overwhelmed trying to live for them and make decisions for them - they made their decision all you can do is attempt to convince them to move on so they can be happy and at peace..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Toolite
15-02-2011, 07:25 PM
There are two types of ghost.

Ones that don't interact with the physical realm. They appear at the same time, same place and do the same things, over and over. No changes in their pattern. I don't see them as ghosts as such, but more of a 'window into the past' that keep showing up. Some kind of disruption in time.
Or, a window to another physical realm (or plane as I call physical realms). They ignore you. Perhaps beings from other planes see our 'ghosts'.

And the ones that interact with the physical realm. Spirits of those who have crossed over. They reside in the spirit world, but can come back any time for various reasons and so they appear to us. Some may think it's funny to scare others. Some come to guide, let us know they are still around, etc.
Those that are 'trapped' I think are unsure of fully crossing to the spirit world. Perhaps because of firm beliefs in their last incarnation. Fear that other spirits will push them into the abyss for a while for evil deeds they committed - fear of going through redemption so they can start with neutral karma for the next incarnation.

Blessed be.

Those that are trapped as you said are the ones I deal with only..

All The Glory BElongs To God Forever!

Toolite
15-02-2011, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Sangress]

I agree with everything you said.. Do you see them as transparent or as people?

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!