PDA

View Full Version : Songs that Come on at the Right Time

Lynn
08-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Hello

How many have that happen a song comes on at the right time when one is in thougt on someone or something that relates to it.

LOL I just had that happen " Sharp Dressed Man " takes me to thoughts on a friend an WHOM signs in to IM but that friend. Before the time too we usually chat. Asked why I have a devilsh smirk me face . :angel12:

Too the song has nothing to do with feelings I have for this one :redface: but goes to him not so long ago thinking he was hurting ugly to find out a smile on his face and a spring in his step and form fitting jean's :tongue: do make the man......

Lynn

Silver
08-01-2011, 02:59 AM
NO matter ~ it's a fab song.

I mentioned in myspace that I discovered some of Madonna's songs (Swim, Ray of Light, Learn to Say Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters and so on) recently and found that they helped me immenseley to focus on my grieving over my son's death last year, her voice being so angelic in spite of her racy personality. I became so interested in her and her music, I bought a bunch of 2nd hand cd's and biographies. I've finished one of the books. Fascinating lady. If anyone is grieving for whomever for whatever reason, certain songs just help move things in the right direction, and I found them in the songs mentioned above.

psychoslice
08-01-2011, 03:06 AM
Once my family and I spent all day shifting everything into our new home, it was raining like hell all day long, When we finally got everything in place and relaxed because we were all so tired, the waters started to rise and came through the house about one foot deep. My mom was just going to start to cry when the song by Bonnie Tyler, Its A Heartache, came on and we all burst out laughing.:D

Silver
08-01-2011, 03:08 AM
That's a great story, slice.

star-child
08-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I was trying to find my guardian angels name which I thought was Enya. One the way home after going to Glastonbury and coming across 3 significant synchronicities there, we turned the radio on and guess what song was playing? Orinoco flow by Enya.

Ciqala
08-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I can usually predict what song is going to play on the radio. Or I can be thinking of a certain song, and it will come on next on the radio. Or i can ask for a song to come on, and it will. And most times when i am thinking about something, a song comes on and gives me the answer in its lyrics.

Shabda
08-01-2011, 09:12 AM
i love when this happens, it has happened to me several times in my life...i call it the Golden Tongued Wisdom...It works~!

Adrienne
27-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I love it when songs " speak / sing " to me ! This used to happen all the time when I was listening to the radio at work. At times I would even request songs... and this really amazed me, when the songs actually played ... especially when the songs happened within 5 minutes of my request and usually were not songs that were currently being featured on the radio ! one of my favorites was " calling all angels "

just amazing !! :smile:

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Loungelizard
27-01-2011, 10:28 AM
yeah I think I get lots of messages and divine guidance via songs at certain times.

iza
27-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I am connected to a man on a soul level. I call him my "heartmate".

We have never met but I do know of him as he is somewhat well known. We communicate with each other psychically.

There was a time when he had been in somewhat of a depressed and anxious mood and this lasted for quite a while. Whatever he's feeling, I feel it and it often affects me. So, we had both become very moody and anxious and I got really fed up. I finally told him that he needed to get his act together because his moods were affecting me.

I had a dream on a Saturday where he had come to me with a bunch of flowers and apologised to me. He asked me, "Are you still angry with me?" And of course I replied, "No, I'm not angry with you anymore."

He has a radio show on Sundays and that Sunday, I only caught the last half of his show when he had just finished playing a song. I caught the very end of the song and his announcement of name of the singer. I thought it sounded like a nice song so I went onto YouTube and searched for the name of the singer. When I found her name, I found the song. It was a beautiful song titled, "I'm Sorry." Listening to the lyrics of the song was like hearing a heartfelt apology from him: "I loved you so much and yet I hurt you so badly. I can't say the words, “I'm Sorry” through my tears, but please, stay here for a little while..."

Deusdrum
30-01-2011, 01:46 AM
ipods & mp3 players are good for that also, on shuffle mode. Lot of synchronicity involved with songs. I think the shuffle is like an oracle in a way. The gods of music & electronic music devices are wise. Or rather, Higher powers work their ways through the placement and timing of music.

sapphire97
30-01-2011, 06:31 AM
i love when songs do that !

Nymphea
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
When I found myself in a difficult time, desparate and praying for help, I heard this song on the radio when I turned it on;" You can go your own way" from Fleetwood Mac. It still gives me goosebumps.

Emmalevine
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I haven't experienced this in waking life but on several occasions I've woken up with a song playing in my head that is spookily appropriate to a situation going on in my life at the time. When I can't hear all the lyrics I always look them up because when songs appear randomly overnight there is always a strong message.

Nymphea
24-02-2011, 07:59 PM
ipods & mp3 players are good for that also, on shuffle mode. Lot of synchronicity involved with songs. I think the shuffle is like an oracle in a way. The gods of music & electronic music devices are wise. Or rather, Higher powers work their ways through the placement and timing of music.

I agree with you! Last sunday I was driving my car and the cd player was on Shuffle. There are almost 200 songs on the USB stick I was listening to and then I thought of a particular person and asked him to give me a sign if he heard me. Well, 4 songs from the same band played successively and there was my answer. So amazing!

searching87
26-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Just a synchronicity that I wanted to share:

This is a synchronicity that I hope will inspire and help you hold to your truth, it has helped me. When I was in highschool I had bought a CD called "Eastern Odyssey", The song was called "Evanescent" by "Axiom of Choice". I was being driven to school at the time, when the song came up on my ipod. I wondered what the word meant, when I looked up and saw "Axiom" on the licence plate of the car in front of ours.

I looked up the word at the time, and the definition is, a self-evident truth.

I've always held this message in high regard and hope that it can help you hold to your own beliefs even if others don't agree, there are messages everywhere.

It's a beautiful song, I cannot post urls yet, but it can be found on youtube... under "Evanescent" by Axiom of Choice.

iklenic
15-03-2011, 09:01 AM
I read in a book a little while ago that yes you can kind of use your ipod mp3 as a kind of oracle, you think of the question/ situation, and hit shuffle... your answer could be in the song title or the words its self, I have used this a few times for fun, and it works x

anditmakesmewonder
13-05-2014, 07:22 AM
(Bumping this thread)
I was listening to Last.fm radio about a month ago, lots of different artists playing and them "Sirens" by Pearl Jam started. It was the first time I listened to it. I thought it was really beautiful and since Last.fm player uses youtube videos that one had the lyrics so I was paying attention to it.
"Want you to know, that should I go
I always loved you, held you high above, true"
And then the phone rang, the sad news, my grandma SO's sister had just passed. He barely couldn't sleep that day. But I didn't mentioned the song to him 'cause he's so close-minded that he would probably reject anything I said.
:(

There was a song that would always pop whenever my radio was on, I never knew if it was 'cause it was so popular/getting overplayed or if it had any significance to me. It was "I'm the highway" by Audioslave. It's not like I had my radio on all day, but whatever it was so long ago.

I usually put my Ipod on shuffle too. More than 5000 songs and yet it sometimes make "full messages" with song titles. I can't say it's all random but once in a while I think of something/question and just take up to 10 songs titles. (the first ones, unless it all connect in some way that I keep it going on)
Sometimes it makes no sense whatsoever so who knows. :dontknow:

I have been listening to songs on my head since my childhood, I guess it's mostly my memory working. Sounds the same as real music in a lower volume, distant. It's been annoying a couple of times when I can't get rid of a specific song, especially if I don't like it. So I try to think of another one to replace it. It has helped me to learn to play some songs by ear and memory. But it's not all the time. In some rare occasions the songs were unknown/new at least to me.

Today I just found myself singing this U2's lines out of nowhere:
"You speak of signs and wonders
I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table"
I really like this song but I can't remember the last time I listened to it. I can't think of any special meaning, maybe it was just random.

Deusdrum
13-05-2014, 09:45 AM
server busy double post malfunction

Deusdrum
13-05-2014, 10:02 AM
The other day my mp3 player which contained (I've since changed the music on it) around 1000 songs, was on shuffle and 3 different versions of 'Central Reservation' by Beth Orton came on consecutively. I was surprised there were even that many, I just threw all of Beth Orton on and had no real idea there were 3 different versions of that particular song in my library in the first place.

And no it wasn't on repeat or anything because it continued randomizing after that.

I have no idea what the meaning of it was, other than something to get my attention.

I've also experienced a similar 3 song wonder shuffle with songs entitled 'Monster'. It honestly may have been 4 in a row, as unlikely as that seems and maybe I'm making it a bigger fish story type thing due to how blown away I was at the time.

After checking, they were the only 3 (or 4) songs on the mp3 player entitled monster, which also surprised me that there were that many as they were all by different artists.

In fact, looking through my entire music library of 17+ thousand tracks on the cpu right now, there are only 3 songs with the title. Kayne West, Parov Stelar & The Mighty Underdogs. So that solves whether it was 3 or 4, although there may have been a 4th with "monster" in the title somewhere. So that's even more amazing to me considering that I unwittingly just so happened to chose to put all of them on the mp3 player at the same time. However at the time I probably had a few thousand less songs, so I suppose it's slightly less incredible, lol.

Good call on the thread bump btw, nice to unearth some classics from pages and years of yore every so often.

Visitor
13-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Two nights ago I had a recurring dream about people being like passengers and trains of a railway system. Some people have similar destinations, other wish to go elsewhere, while some are just happy to watch the trains go by.
Relationships are like two people enjoying the same destination, until one gets attracted to go somewhere else. Then they get off the train and wait for another one that seems more appropriate.

When I awoke, I put on my music, of over 1,000 tracks, set for random play. The first song that came up was 'passengers' by Elton John.

anditmakesmewonder
14-05-2014, 02:11 AM
The other day my mp3 player which contained (I've since changed the music on it) around 1000 songs, was on shuffle and 3 different versions of 'Central Reservation' by Beth Orton came on consecutively. I was surprised there were even that many, I just threw all of Beth Orton on and had no real idea there were 3 different versions of that particular song in my library in the first place.

And no it wasn't on repeat or anything because it continued randomizing after that.

I have no idea what the meaning of it was, other than something to get my attention.

I've also experienced a similar 3 song wonder shuffle with songs entitled 'Monster'. It honestly may have been 4 in a row, as unlikely as that seems and maybe I'm making it a bigger fish story type thing due to how blown away I was at the time.

After checking, they were the only 3 (or 4) songs on the mp3 player entitled monster, which also surprised me that there were that many as they were all by different artists.

In fact, looking through my entire music library of 17+ thousand tracks on the cpu right now, there are only 3 songs with the title. Kayne West, Parov Stelar & The Mighty Underdogs. So that solves whether it was 3 or 4, although there may have been a 4th with "monster" in the title somewhere. So that's even more amazing to me considering that I unwittingly just so happened to chose to put all of them on the mp3 player at the same time. However at the time I probably had a few thousand less songs, so I suppose it's slightly less incredible, lol.

Good call on the thread bump btw, nice to unearth some classics from pages and years of yore every so often.
It's a shame sometimes we have no idea about what synchronicities may be trying to tell us.
Yeah, it's an interesting thread, better than start a new one. :wink:

Two nights ago I had a recurring dream about people being like passengers and trains of a railway system. Some people have similar destinations, other wish to go elsewhere, while some are just happy to watch the trains go by.
Relationships are like two people enjoying the same destination, until one gets attracted to go somewhere else. Then they get off the train and wait for another one that seems more appropriate.

When I awoke, I put on my music, of over 1,000 tracks, set for random play. The first song that came up was 'passengers' by Elton John.
How cool is that? I always wonder if it was our minds that brought the song or if something/someone else is trying to show us something. Does it relate to any specific situation in your life right now? (You don't need to get in details if it's too personal) :smile:

Deusdrum
14-05-2014, 05:46 AM
anditmakesmewonder - good internet forums recycling practice to post on old threads. ;)

I'll share another one that Visitor yours reminded me of. This is actually the most impressive one to me I'd say in a sense.

Okay so I was watching a movie with Mathew McCaunahay or some actor similar to him, it was about bank robbers and if I recall correctly it may also have been based on a true story.

Anyways, there was a line in the movie that McCanahay (I'm sure I must be spelling his name wrong) said, it was "....God Hates a Coward." So I decided to go to bed right around then, it may have been at almost that exact moment but either way it was close to it. I think I may have been pondering the phrase as I made my way to bed also.

So an old ipod of mine was hooked up to some speakers in my room and I played music quietly usually on shuffle (as was the case on this night) before I go to sleep, and swear to God first song that comes on, and i mean *very first* song that came on was 'God Hates a Coward' by Tomahawk.

Now I'm almost certain I've never specifically chosen to listen to Tomahawk, in fact I couldn't even tell you how that song got on my music library in the first place. Looking through my cpu music presently I don't see it on there, however I've switched over computers since then so it might be unlabeled or maybe i deleted it, I can't remember but either one of those is what happened to it. There is no Tomahawk labeled at all on there actually.

And the ipod had between 5 to 6000 songs on it at the time. Pretty straightforward message imo, I must have been acting cowardly somehow at the time, which shames me to admit although I can't think or imagine in which way that may have been the case as it was years ago now.

Deusdrum
15-05-2014, 08:54 AM
^ To be honest it wasn't only the personal implication in the 'God Hates a Coward..' one that bothered me, b/c I don't believe 'God' (whatever the word means or doesn't mean to you) hates anyone.

Add my 'guy creeping around the front door' story from the other thread and the prior 'Monster' one in this thread and I hope people aren't under the impression that all my synchronicities are so sketchy and negative. That isn't the case, I've had plenty of 'ahhh' light filled positive, feel good ones as well.