PDA

View Full Version : White rose

amitc
24-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone knows what white roses symbolize? I've had a few come my way in strange places so I feel like the universe is trying to get my attention. I had a quick look online and see they can mean transformation, purity and love but I'm wondering if someone knows a bit more.

Thank you in advance :)
A

Dragonsong
24-08-2015, 10:04 PM
The most famous white rose is the symbol of royal house of York, they fought their "cousins" the house of Lancaster they had a red rose as a symbol, it was a series of battles from the middle of the 1400,S to 1485, when the " last white rose" was killed in battle, Richard III. Richards brother's daughter, Elizabeth of York married the last surviving red rose Henry Tudor, to start a new dynasty The Tudors, and the new Tudor rose, was created. On a sadder note two white roses were the two missing princes in the tower, most historians believe that Richard the III, had the boys murdered. The present Queen of England is descended from Elizabeth of York and Henry Tudor.

amitc
25-08-2015, 01:13 PM
Not exactly what I was looking for, but thank you for the info! I actually had another sync which was viewing a new blog on tumblr, and one of the first posts was rose colour symbolism, with white roses being near the top of the list. So that answered things! Thanks!