PDA

View Full Version : Dragon fly

shayshay
13-07-2015, 03:29 PM
I am new here and was just wondering if there are any significants to dragon fly. This morning I have dozens of dragon flies on my back deck.. They are not anywhere else. Also if this is not the type of questions to ask , I apologize for I am clueless

StrandedSnowMonkey
14-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Hi :)

Welcome to the forums! I was just about to ask the same question. Earlier today I was walking though the garden when I heard a buzz, so I paused for a second, before I heard it again. Looking closer I saw that it was a yellow/black dragonfly which was trapped a little amongst the tall grasses and weeds. It couldn't fly off so I pulled back some of the vegetation, until it was free to fly away. You can read a bit about dragonflies here (http://www.starstuffs.com/animal_totems/dictionary_of_insects.html).

Butterfly
12-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Thank you for the link regarding dragonflies. Twice I have asked for a sign this week and both those times a dragonfly appeared. It was in my garden and I do not live near water. I thought I would have a go at 'automatic writing', just now. The message I wrote told me not to think about what I was writing, as this would be my Ego intruding. So, I just wrote and wrote. The message was that the appearance of a dragonfly was extremely significant and that I needed to read more in to the meaning of the dragonfly in the spiritual sense. I do not yet trust my intuition but what I wrote was indeed true...I trust the written word and have always written things of significance down on paper. I hope that I haven't broken any rules by integrating two threads...dragonfly as a significant spiritual message and 'automatic writing'. I can see that this is an old thread and I have to be honest and say that I can't say that what I wrote was indeed the true process of automatic writing, I feel too new to all this for automatic writing to be reality or whether it was, in reality, just my Ego. I cleared my mind of all thoughts, well to the best of my ability, and then just let my pen flow over paper. May be I should write this in the 'automatic writing' thread?