PDA

View Full Version : Constant tingling in crown

Emmalevine
31-12-2010, 02:17 PM
In the last few weeks or so I've experienced a massive increase in tingling and general activity around my head. It seems to be concentrated in and around my crown chakra - ie the very top of my head although it does travel down around my ears, across my forehead and occasionally down my face as well. I usually feel a crawling sort of movement that isn't unpleasant, although recently it stung quite a bit and I felt a lot of heat too. Sometimes I feel little tingles as if a shower of cold water is falling on me.

Until recently I only experienced all this on a few occasions and I always put this down to reiki energy, but now it's happening everytime I sit to meditate and often during other times as well. in fact I only have to think about it and the crawling starts!

Does anyone else get this? I'm wondering if it's linked to kundlini or some sort of increase in spiritual awareness especially as it seems to be intensifying.

Sangress
31-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I used to get it often when I was having a "psychic growth spurt."

I think its simply an increase of energy in parts of the mind that are usually devoid of it, and that the end result of it is the development of various metaphysical skills and a clean cut connection between the conscious and subconscious mind.

I found that before the tingling occurred I had a lot of pressure building up and lots of headaches which died down once the growth spurt had begun. After the growth spurt the heat/chills and crawling sensations and pins-and-needles tingling sensations all died down.

I could not link my own development to the Kundalini as I never experienced the feeling of that energy stirring and rising up my spine, but that is only my experience so the reason for what you're feeling could be completely different.

I do know that a lot of people get this and I think that it is most likely connected to a growing of spiritual awareness of some kind.

Summerland
31-12-2010, 02:57 PM
In the last few weeks or so I've experienced a massive increase in tingling and general activity around my head. It seems to be concentrated in and around my crown chakra - ie the very top of my head although it does travel down around my ears, across my forehead and occasionally down my face as well. I usually feel a crawling sort of movement that isn't unpleasant, although recently it stung quite a bit and I felt a lot of heat too. Sometimes I feel little tingles as if a shower of cold water is falling on me.

Until recently I only experienced all this on a few occasions and I always put this down to reiki energy, but now it's happening everytime I sit to meditate and often during other times as well. in fact I only have to think about it and the crawling starts!

Does anyone else get this? I'm wondering if it's linked to kundlini or some sort of increase in spiritual awareness especially as it seems to be intensifying.

Starbuck, I am going waaaay out on a limb on this and I am quite sure that some will not understand. The resonance of GAIA is accerlerating to a higher frequency. That is one issue; we are not raising our vibrational frequency to match Hers. Again I am going to recommend that you or anyone interested, could look at this site www.gaiaresonance.com (http://www.gaiaresonance.com)
Other matters are that there is an increased earthquake activity and that also sets up a very deep vibration. The magnetic shield is fluctuating wildly and is likely the cause of birds endeing up in the wrong area, off course; why whales insist on beaching themselves along with clams and dolphins. Even the recent eclipse set off a crazy tingling on my scalp that did not lessen until it was complete. We are all energy and vibration, atoms vibrating at a certain speed.
20 years ago the Russians discovered that people who have heart conditions are more likely to have heart attacks during a CME from the sun. Now that our magnetosphere is weakening and even developing tears, this is something that should be taken into consideration. We all have a certain amount of magnetite in our bodies, just as homing pigeons do and look at how confused they can get. So I have had my say and I hope that at least one member will consider and start doing their own investigation and research. Namaste :angel12:

Chrysaetos
31-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I would first look for biological explanations. Those sensations you described could be indicating paresthesia.
Here: http://www.paresthesia.net/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.paresthesia.net% 25252F) and http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/paresthesia/paresthesia.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ninds.nih.gov%25 252Fdisorders%25252Fparesthesia%25252Fparesthesia. htm)

Emmalevine
31-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks all for the variety of suggestions and links. I will keep an eye on what's happening and see how it develops. It doesn't feel biological to me - it used to occur during meditation when I focussed on my third eye area but now it seems to have progressed to other times. Also, it sometimes disappears only to return instantly when I focus upon my crown again. This isn't the behaviour of a medical condition even with the much-loved placebo effect!

My meditations have been much deeper lately and my dreams have been more colourful, spiritual and vivid, so I think this is all linked. It's very exciting for me.

dogninja
31-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I have this issue. Very similar to me it is. What about normally, when you are fully awake? When you pee? When you take a bath? Like a wisp or sheet of energy brushing on and through you?

in progress
31-12-2010, 07:44 PM
My goodness, you are really moving along quickly!! I did too for awhile. It left my head spinning! You are doing well. I'm glad you're having a good time!

You're crown chakra is sucking in energy. I've felt everything you feel and you'll also feel it run down the back of your head and neck too at some point. You'll eventually feel flows both in and out of your head/hands/feet.

Before and after my crown opened I also experienced more vivid dreams was taken into trance very quickly when meditating. It was almost as if a part of me was waiting for me to meditate so it could get to work on something. It didn't take long for kundalini.

Uma
31-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Starbuck,

This is your brow chakra connecting with your crown chakra. Sorry Progress, but we don't "open" the crown, the crown is the destination - the ultimate destination and the pinacle of all human achievement. When the brow chakra is 100% open, Kundalini becomes permanently anchored in the crown. However this tingling means you are getting very close.

The crown chakra is a space of all possibilities, where the individual ego meets the collective and the awareness moves from "I am x, y, or z" to simply "I am." You may get feelings of expansion. You may feel "high" - intoxicated or blissed out.

In your meditation practice the advice is to focus on the crown chakra and try to hold the energy there are much as possible. The idea is to burst open the brow chakra to release Kundalini. Once the crown is attained the world is your oyster. This stage can last a long time - it requires complete surrender of the ego and, for some of us, involves a dark night of the soul.

The fact that it is affecting your dreams is wonderful. It means that you are going through a very powerful transformation. Your consciousness is going to shift - open up, expand...and take on a whole new awareness. Wow!

Blessings on your journey!
Uma

in progress
31-12-2010, 09:29 PM
It started for me when I felt a chakra about 6 " or so above my head spin which led to vibration entering my crown and move down my body to my feet. Then energy started coming in through my feet. Kundalini later. This is why I've always seen it as a crown opening kicking off the rest.

Lazarus72
31-12-2010, 09:40 PM

Sounds interesting Starbuck. I've had similar experiences before. Sounds like you might be describing increased energetic activity in the parietal lobe region, which if hippocampus serves, deals mainly in proprioception... or awareness of position and movement in time/space. Interestingly, sometimes referred to as 'Body ego'.:smile:
(edit - which I should mention - I think only really refers to sensory perception or of the senses)

Happyheart
01-01-2011, 12:40 AM
This happened to me about 2 weeks after my "awakening" where I started verbally channelling. the top of my head was absolutely buzzing and it was so annoying I was always smacking it to make it stop. :D It was hot/cold all the time, sort of like having Vicks Vaporub poured on it, and tingling and throbbing. No headaches to speak of, just a feeling of fullness.

It lasted around a week then slowly started to subside. Now I get it occasionally, sometimes when I meditate, or just about to astral project.

xxxlove happy

NightSpirit
01-01-2011, 01:20 AM
yes its kundalini energy. I was only just reading about this for another thread and read some of the sensations of disruptive kundalini energy. Those you mention are some of them.

Emmalevine
01-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the info! I haven't got time to reply to each of you but really appreciate the replies. I get the tingling most of the time when fully awake. I've also got a slight ringing in my ears where I've been focussing on psychic hearing. Other than that I'm getting tingling, crawling, heat/cold and splashes of cold around my head. Oh and my ears sometimes get warm, my right ear has just started doing it now. The tingling has also just started because I'm thinking about it. I'm also seeing very vivid colours when I shut my eyes, I could swear trhey weren't like it before- reds, greens, blues, pinks and splashes of white. Sound familiar

Oh and I'm getting headaches - they are very painful and seem to 'burst' through my forehead and then disappear after a short time.

Serenity Bear
01-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I agree with most of the posts, it definately sounds like you have had an energy spurt and its finding its way around your system between the crown and throat chakras.

Dont be surprised if you get a bit of clairaudience - clear hearing of spirit- as this usually occurs when energy affect the dicussed areas.

Ciqala
01-01-2011, 09:59 AM
It is kundalini energies, and represents increased spiritual awareness. Kundalini energies do not always work in the way people say they do, they can start at the crown, just as much as they can start at the root, and they can be spontaneous like anything else, do to our natural spiritual growth and awareness they will be wherever we are increased in naturally, they can be opened by increased awareness in any area, and in all, it signifies a great turning point for you, such as if the sensations start at your crown, i can highly bet, they will begin to move downwards sometime, maybe soon. It may be backwards, but it is highly more revered than the opposite, since it starts at the crown, you already have much experience of spiritual awareness and contact with the higher source, the only downside is, it probably means your lower chakras may be less grounded because of such. If the serpent is awakened in you, those energies will shoot like lightening bolts, down your spine, to make it known in your other chakras anyway, and you will still have the constant tingling in your crown. Personally, i always have the constant sensations in my crown, along my face too - that is said to be a highly good sign. Kundalini energies shooting downwards, and up, are good to ground the other chakras from your always working crown chakra.
Kundalini rises, and kundalini falls. And after that, kundalini rises, and kundalini falls. Kundalini does many spontaneous things between that all.

It is correct, the main point all wish to get to, is the crown, but for some people such as you, and such as I, and such as many, the kundalini starts there, which would be due to the fact you are already sensitive and open in that area of spiritual consciousness, or simply, more so than other areas. Mainly, it happens in the root for most people, because they are more earthy creatures. The life force, itself stems from the root, but in some cases, that life energy naturally rises to the crown in people who are more expanded, so naturally they do not feel it, and there it starts.

This is a greater endeavour than pulling prana from the feet, in fact many gurus believed achieving kundalini to be better this way, and it is more rare, to have the life force energy prana, to be pulled in from the crown firstly. It can unground you much though, take it from my experience hehe. It means your lower chakras have already released, and the energies are starting from the top.

For some people, when kundalini energies "seem" to start at upper chakras, they can tend to lose grip of it, which can mean various things, like imbalances, or blockages that do not allow the energy to move downwards, or just not fully in the time to be awakened yet, this can explain those who manage to "open" the third eye, or "stimulate" the crown by force or just by being overly spiritually connected, yet the prana is not yet ready to be awakened fully.

Emmalevine
01-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Thank Serenity Bear and Cigala - really useful info there. Mine certainly does seem to be beginning at the crown and is going down my neck a little bit too. At the moment the energy is concentrated around my crown and forehead.

Can I ask if anyone else has experienced severe tinnitus with Kundalini?

NightSpirit
01-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Thank Serenity Bear and Cigala - really useful info there. Mine certainly does seem to be beginning at the crown and is going down my neck a little bit too. At the moment the energy is concentrated around my crown and forehead.

I didn't, but I read in sf about many who do. I can hear, see or read something and get instant crown tingles. I've come to realise over time that this means to me I have just read a truth.

Serenity Bear
01-01-2011, 12:16 PM
The Tinnitus could be the clair audience that the energy maybe bringing on. This is one of the many symptoms:

Tinnitus (it starts high pitched and then lessens off like tuning in a radio).
Jaw Ache, or tingling in the jaw
Ear Ache
Hearing buzzing (out of tune radio), morse code, hums, resonances etc.

The clairaudience actually comes from the throat chakra, if they are concentrating on the third eye/brow then it could well be clairvoyane or psychic sight thats coming first.

Emmalevine
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I have the ear ache but not constant, it comes and goes although intense when I do have it. I also have jaw ache but again not all the time. The ringing is definitely high pitched at the moment.

Thanks for your help! So glad I have this site or I'd think I was going mad.

Evaah
01-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't want to make a new thread because my case is so similar...
I've been experiencing the same tingling, but I also hear the ringing. Though.. when the ringing starts up, it's at random times during the day (at least once/twice a day) and it "sounds" like someone is putting their hand over my ear (usually left ear). I always used to think that it was a Guide trying to get me to pay attention, but I never registered any further messages...

What could this be?

Uma
01-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Starbuck and Evaah, I would say that any symptom that is associated with the energy experience that comes and goes is probably due to prana clearing blockages - especially so if it happens during a meditation practice.

If it is always there and doesn't go away or subside, I'd get it checked out by a doctor if I were you.

Spiritual energy symptoms always have a counterpart to mental and physical symptoms. Are you blocked in your "listening"? Is there something you don't want to hear? Do you listen fully with an open mind and an open heart? etc... Sometimes inquiry like this brings answers and when the source of the blockage is found and you can do something to correct the imbalance, the symptoms stop.

p.s. In general, I think that energy in the crown area happens when the brow chakra is open and the person has a strong desire to connect with Divinity. It happens a lot with devotional people. Having said that, I do know someone who doesn't appear to be devotional at all nor does she practice meditation nor any kind of spiritual pursuit (to my knowledge) but she was struck by lightening twice, now conducts gross energy (electricity) and attracts lightening and she had a crown tingling during a reiki treatment. So I think either she got to the point of open brow chakra in another lifetime OR crown tingling can also be pranic and not necessarily transformational. I don't enough enough about the crown experience to decide which.

Summerland
01-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Uma, isn't it true that many people develop psychic awareness after a shocking experience like that or a blow to the head and near death experiences?

Gem
01-01-2011, 03:08 PM
It is interesting isn't it Starbuck? It is quite common that people feel sensations in their forehead and crown, exactly as you have described. If you shift your attention to your crown or forehead you can feel it. It's a curious thing really, so just relax and see what it brings up next.

I think 100% of people get like frequency shifts in their ears so it is probably just something ordinary, but earache/jawache can't be a good thing... could well be a bad tooth, which causes headache too.

Uma
01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Uma, isn't it true that many people develop psychic awareness after a shocking experience like that or a blow to the head and near death experiences?

I think I've heard of that too Summerland. Here's what I think:

Changes in the brain do have an impact on how the soul is able to express itself in our world. I've seen firsthand how an impairement in the logic centre of the brain (neocortex, frontal lobe) keeps intelligence from functioning properly and AS A RESULT, more of the person's spiritual essence comes through unhindered - because the limited ego (that part of us that identifies with the physical and mental bodies) is closely identified with intelligence, and the limited ego creates the barrier for our natural psychic abilities.

Look at how children are so psychically open. It's because their intelligence (and therefore ego) hasn't developed yet. Once that kicks in, spiritual energy and information can't get through because the ego says "no" to it. The whole Waldorf school movement is founded on trying to delay that development of ego so that the spiritual side can express more and longer and hopefully not be lost as the child grows up.

Another example: When we dream we are more psychically open. When we wake up (an ironic concept) we say "no" to the dream insights. The ego says "That was just a dream," and gives no importance to it.

Does this make sense?

p.s. sorry if this digresses from the OP...maybe it relates though

Chrysaetos
01-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Look at how children are so psychically open. It's because their intelligence (and therefore ego) hasn't developed yet. Once that kicks in, spiritual energy and information can't get through because the ego says "no" to it. The whole Waldorf school movement is founded on trying to delay that development of ego so that the spiritual side can express more and longer and hopefully not be lost as the child grows up. What an ironic creation, I have to say.
''Unintelligent design''?

Uma
01-01-2011, 03:20 PM

Summerland
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I think I've heard of that too Summerland. Here's what I think:

Changes in the brain do have an impact on how the soul is able to express itself in our world. I've seen firsthand how an impairement in the logic centre of the brain (neocortex, frontal lobe) keeps intelligence from functioning properly and AS A RESULT, more of the person's spiritual essence comes through unhindered - because the limited ego (that part of us that identifies with the physical and mental bodies) is closely identified with intelligence, and the limited ego creates the barrier for our natural psychic abilities.

Look at how children are so psychically open. It's because their intelligence (and therefore ego) hasn't developed yet. Once that kicks in, spiritual energy and information can't get through because the ego says "no" to it. The whole Waldorf school movement is founded on trying to delay that development of ego so that the spiritual side can express more and longer and hopefully not be lost as the child grows up.

Another example: When we dream we are more psychically open. When we wake up (an ironic concept) we say "no" to the dream insights. The ego says "That was just a dream," and gives no importance to it.

Does this make sense?

Uma, I work in psych and I know that doctors are taking head injuries much more seriously. We have seen people with head trauma become a completely different, unpredictable person. Of course it depends on which area of the brain. Normally when we have a patient come in who has a history of head trauma, we immmediately have them on high assault precautions as they can and do become violent without a seconds notice. And I know that there are certain areas of the brain light up when one is meditating and experiencing a spiritual event.
But we have many children come in who hear voices, see shadow people, see demons, hear a departed relative talking to them. I will not instantly dismiss this as delusional psychosis. I think a child has the ability to still see thru the eyes of their souls many times.
Some dreams are just our subconscious working out our daily strife and problems. Yet there are dreams that go beyond and come to us from a different realm. Sometimes I think that while we are asleep that we are much more connected to our spirit and to the spirtual realm.

Uma
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
What an ironic creation, I have to say.
''Unintelligent design''?

LOL very funny. :D The design is very intelligent and Waldorf itself is really intellectual stuff (founder Rudolph Steiner's teachings are not easy reading). But yes - there are no computers in Waldorf school and reading at an early age is discouraged. Instead there is an emphasis on nature and art - the things that connect us to our spiritual centre.

In practice though, that's been a big criticism of Waldorf - because kids have to enter ordinary educational streams and need to have their reading and math up to par, so Waldorf has had to make compromises....and I think they have a lot of problems.

Ironically, my friend who was struck by lightening grew up in one of these Waldorf schools and she's rather critical about the whole experience.

That's one of the problems with noble intentions - a big gap between lofty ideals and practical application.

Edy31
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
This thread explains exactly what I am experiencing since my awakening. I have the tingling in the head 24/7, vivid dreams, 2 spontaneous AP.

I was told I had a Kundalini awakening, but some say I might have an overactive brow chakra. I see violet and golden colors all the time from my third eye.
A couple of nights ago I saw also a blue cloud, first time. I have seen the eye itself two times.

Uma
01-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Uma, I work in psych and I know that doctors are taking head injuries much more seriously. We have seen people with head trauma become a completely different, unpredictable person. Of course it depends on which area of the brain. Normally when we have a patient come in who has a history of head trauma, we immmediately have them on high assault precautions as they can and do become violent without a seconds notice. And I know that there are certain areas of the brain light up when one is meditating and experiencing a spiritual event.
But we have many children come in who hear voices, see shadow people, see demons, hear a departed relative talking to them. I will not instantly dismiss this as delusional psychosis. I think a child has the ability to still see thru the eyes of their souls many times.
Some dreams are just our subconscious working out our daily strife and problems. Yet there are dreams that go beyond and come to us from a different realm. Sometimes I think that while we are asleep that we are much more connected to our spirit and to the spirtual realm.

Summerland,

I think you're definitely on to something really important and I'm glad you're working in the system because maybe you can help those people who really are being misdiagnosed. I also think this is digressing from the OP and is worthy of a thread of its own so if you want to start one I'll be happy to contribute to it. (I don't want to annoy Starbuck.) I'm sure Psychoslice would have a lot to say about this topic.

P.S. If you do decide to start a new thread, maybe you could post a link to it here for others who want to follow this discussion.

Chrysaetos
01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Look at how children are so psychically open. It's because their intelligence (and therefore ego) hasn't developed yet. Once that kicks in, spiritual energy and information can't get through because the ego says "no" to it. The whole Waldorf school movement is founded on trying to delay that development of ego so that the spiritual side can express more and longer and hopefully not be lost as the child grows up. Uma, following that reasoning, the Waldorf school not only tries to delay the ''ego'' but also intelligence.

The previous comment I made was aimed at the belief that souls enter bodies, and later on get lost because of the body.
That's unintelligent design.

Uma
01-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Uma, following that reasoning, the Waldorf school not only tries to delay the ''ego'' but also intelligence.

The previous comment I made was aimed at the belief that souls enter bodies, and later on get lost because of the body.
That's unintelligent design.

For those who believe they are not the body, it's a game of hide and seek.
For those who believe they are the body, the soul must therefore be the brain.
Either way, a trick is being played isn't it? Who designed the trick? Who is playing the game?

Ciqala
01-01-2011, 07:45 PM

I do, all the time, and it's not tinnitus, Xan actually helped me out in figuring out that one, it's actually hearing energy sound currents, and for me, it has sparked my ability to be able to hear the voices of my spirit guides... out loud... some great elders also told me, that the ringing or static in your ears is when a being, etheric or alive, is trying to communicate to you. Personally, i can hear many sounds now, and sounds that i never would be able to hear. Xan had a thread about it, and pointed out the greatness in meditating with it.

NightSpirit
02-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Changes in the brain do have an impact on how the soul is able to express itself in our world.

Or is this the other way round Uma? Thus opening a whole new set of thoughts LOL

Emmalevine
02-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I do, all the time, and it's not tinnitus, Xan actually helped me out in figuring out that one, it's actually hearing energy sound currents, and for me, it has sparked my ability to be able to hear the voices of my spirit guides... out loud... some great elders also told me, that the ringing or static in your ears is when a being, etheric or alive, is trying to communicate to you. Personally, i can hear many sounds now, and sounds that i never would be able to hear. Xan had a thread about it, and pointed out the greatness in meditating with it.

I've found the thread, thanks for reminding me of it. I am going to meditate with the noise as well.

ihopethiswillfi
02-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi

I have the same symptoms since a few months. It usually happens around periods that I do spiritual work for example meditation or reading channelings and coming to new realizations. Some weeks I don't do any spiritual work at all and then I don't feel the tingling.

I have had several chakra readings lately by someone gifted with interdimensional sight. The result is always "all your chakra's are blocked". So I was a bit surprised when the tingling first started, but I've become used to it now.

I'm only just starting out, so I have no answers, but maybe some of you find this interesting.

Racer X
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM

The thousand petaled lotus .....
When it opens it receives the LIGHT.

Meditate on an open heart......a forgiving everything meditation.

Hold that pattern until the crown opens.....

You will know when it happens.....

ALL lifes suffering is transformed .....

The key is an Open-Forgiving Heart

That is all you need.

For NOW...

shifty123
16-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Just for a little fun experiment. I tried to guage certain peoples energy on this thread. I did this byholding my pendulum in its normal position and I clicked my mouse on individualsa vatar names. Then It ried to find out which way the pendulum would go ifit did aything.

Well to my surprise my pendulum did swing. Some of the people the pendulum would swing to the right, others it would swing to the left, and some it wouldn't move at all.

Summerland
16-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Just for a little fun experiment. I tried to guage certain peoples energy on this thread. I did this byholding my pendulum in its normal position and I clicked my mouse on individualsa vatar names. Then It ried to find out which way the pendulum would go ifit did aything.

Well to my surprise my pendulum did swing. Some of the people the pendulum would swing to the right, others it would swing to the left, and some it wouldn't move at all.

stogey, very interesting, but what does right indicate and what does left indicate?
To Starbuck, if you check in , I have had the dreaded "scalp tinglies and the uncomfortable pressure, along with a hot feeling in one ear. I was not mediatating or doing anything spiritual; I was at work. Tried to rub it away and massage it away; no luck. It was not a migraine, nor high blood pressure headache. It comes and goes; I thought that maybe it was linked to the magnetic field. I certainly don't feel anymore 'spiritually developed' than previously.

dogninja
17-01-2011, 12:15 AM
lightning bolts from the head, spirits sweeping through. ceaseless.

Gem
17-01-2011, 05:22 AM

If you hold it it will move but if you hang it from a stationary object it will remain still.

Sira
17-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Here is an illustration by Petra Margolis of how the awakening process typically proceeds in the body:
http://lightgrid.ning.com/group/7chakras12chakrasandthehigherchakraskundalinienerg

Enlightenedme
30-04-2013, 04:09 AM
The below symptoms started about 3 months ago now....

I too am experiancing a constant tingling in the crown. It tends to be more on the right than the left is now starting to tingle on the left.

Crown of head is completely firey hot. To the touch. If you place your hand above my head a foot or so you can feel the heat radiating

Yet I at the same time I am cold all the time

Sometimes at night I will feel heat all through my entire body.

Often I can feel energy moving through my feet and hands. Always my feet. They tingle more so than even my head does

My meditation have become magical. Will fall into yoga nidra by simply closing my eyes and breathing.when I open my eyes everything is brighter radiating light warmth and colours. Things move in slow motion. People are happier. Plants and animals have more energy.
Sometimes this bright magical place lasts for hours. Sometimes a few minutes

I wake up nightly between 3 and 4 AM often at the same minutes of the hour

My dog seems shockingly relatable almost like she has the same energy as me now. I can't explain this.

I feel severly disconnected with my job which I loved just months ago. I have worked with my company 9 years.

I have always had the ability to relate to strangers quickly upon meeting them. Now it is as though I know psychicly what advice to give. I have knowledge I didn't have before.

Alchohol and caffeine seem to increase the heat and tingling in my head. But at the same time my metabolism is sooooo high

I can get by on very little sleep

Is there anyone here experiencing similar symptoms to me who would be open to sharing/discussing there situation

I am curious how you are progressing on your path

If I should repost elsewhere on the forum or start a new thread can someone let me know as well? I am new here :)

ZenYoga
02-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Apologies for my English in advance as I am from CIS region. I have found this thread in google while searching for those who have problems similar to mine.

I have been practicing medititation for 9 years and I have constant pressure in my crown chakra and ajna chakra for about last three years,sometimes it is preventing me from thinking clearly. I have read a lot of literature about this theme, but only recently found some information on how to reduce this pressure. I do not know whether you will find this valuable but here is what I have found. Actually, I do not have hyperlinks, as I mostly have read the info from Russian and Central Asian sites.

First - during the meditation we simply forget to breathe properly. If brain does not get enough oxygene, it can have devastating consequences, up to destruction of brain cortex cells. I started to use stomach/diaphragmal breathing during my meditation sets. You can discover about this way of breating on many yoga websites.
It must be slow and smooth. If you are getting sleepy you can stand up. Do not breathe too frequently and fastly, as overbreathing is also very harmful for your brain cortex.

Second, those who are working in the office frequently have osteochondrosis. It also prevents blood from circulating properly to/in your head. You can try the following exercise. While sitting you can throw your head back for 20-30 secs and stretch you jaw up with arching your back (similar to cobra asana/posture) , and it will stimulate the blood circulation in your neck. You also can try asanas from yoga for the neck flexibility.However, it is better to consult your therapist, before doing the above exercise and yoga, as some asanas can be harmful for you, depending on your physical preparedness level.

With this two methods I have managed to only reduce the pressure in my head, but did not remove it fully. However, now the pressure is more manageable, and does not hinder me from doing my job.

dogninja
03-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Starbuck, has it subsided?

rosannarose
29-08-2016, 09:03 PM
My goodness, you are really moving along quickly!! I did too for awhile. It left my head spinning! You are doing well. I'm glad you're having a good time!

You're crown chakra is sucking in energy. I've felt everything you feel and you'll also feel it run down the back of your head and neck too at some point. You'll eventually feel flows both in and out of your head/hands/feet.

Before and after my crown opened I also experienced more vivid dreams was taken into trance very quickly when meditating , i also used to calm my nervs. It was almost as if a part of me was waiting for me to meditate so it could get to work on something. It didn't take long for kundalini.

rosannarose
29-08-2016, 09:04 PM
I feel severly disconnected with my job which I loved just months ago. I have worked with my company 9 years.

I have always had the ability to relate to strangers quickly upon meeting them. Now it is as though I know psychicly what advice to give. I have knowledge I didn't have before.

Alchohol and caffeine seem to increase the heat and tingling in my head. But at the same time my metabolism is sooooo high

Is there anyone here experiencing similar symptoms to me who would be open to sharing/discussing there situation

If I should repost elsewhere on the forum or start a new thread can someone let me know as well? I am new here :)

barrynu
31-08-2016, 03:38 PM

I have that tingling too on top of the head,sometimes when i meet someone new(a stranger on a spiritual path) it gets stronger as we talk.It can get very strong at times and it changes from tingling to a pressure and other times its like a candle flame on top of my head without heat,just fluttering like a candle.It feels good

I feel in in my feet and hands too.The feet sensations can get warm and sometimes i get a quick dart of pain.My feet and legs sometimes move and jerk when i am relaxed.I have similar feelings in my hands and a few times while doing tai chi I have felt a cool breeze coming from my hands and spiraling around my hands.

I dont need much sleep either but I went through a time when I was very tired and needed lots....my dreams can be vivid and I had 5 dreams that came true which was freaky but nice.

Iv drifted away from people in my life too kinda like you and your job.

My heart has the strongest sensations at the moment.this is hard to explain but I feel so good in my chest that its unbearable(not really the right word)....the feeling is so beautiful that I can go into a trance for hours if I want

Theres pressure and tingling on my forehead that can spread down my nose and over my whole face.

All of these feelings happen in everyday life while im wide awake but if im in a trance there is a floaty cloudy fluidity to everything and when I inhale its like inhaling love into my lungs and chest....I Love it all:smile:

wolfgaze
31-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Hey RosannaRose... I went through these types of experiences and endured through this process a few years ago (2009 thru 2012)... It was unnerving at times, but ultimately the most profound, liberating, and life-changing experience of my lifetime.

Welcome to the forum by the way... Just an FYI - some of the threads you've been posting on are quite dated and the original thread author & participants may no longer be active on the forum.. You are likely to see more activity & discussion when a new thread is created...