PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone be a medium?

Emmalevine
26-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I was just curious...does everyone contain potential for mediumship? I realise some people are just naturally gifted and/or born with the ability, but can anyone learn to tune in or will some people never be able to communicate with spirits no matter how hard they try to develop?

LadyB.
26-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Well we all have the ability to communicate with spirit.

Some have a more natural aptitude for it than others and some may choose or be guided to turn their ability into mediumship.

Some are born hugely gifted already and some have to work harder at it.

I know some will say there are only 'born mediums'. In my experience through the many I have met this through various circles and workshops this is not the case.

As the world becomes more spiritually awakened more and more people are able to communicate with spirits in many different ways. I find a lot of the old school 'rules of mediumship/spirit communication' dated. Times have changed, the veil is thinning and many many people are having huge spiritual experiences...

It's a very exciting time for us all..:smile:

LB
X

Smiler
26-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Hello Starbuck

Every person is spiritual and every experience has a learning. We as people put titles on things.
A medium is to me a person who has dedicated part of life to the light and humanity for good! They are a channel to hear and relay!
So in one form to answer your question in my opinion ...yes anyone can be ... if that is why the person is here and they have made a commitment to light!
Its not an easy road. As mediums have to check their egos and remain conscious of universal law and seed planting (for relaying wrong information by coming from ego has a karmic kick)
My Mum wanted to be like Mother Theresa.. I remember her saying " what good do I do on the earth" ???
She tried so hard to be like some-one else. My answer was
" Mum you smile... not many people can truly smile with love at a stranger"
There is no greater or less in the eyes of the light(God) etc.
We each play an important role as we each help each to develop soul aspects of self!

Love and blessings
:)

Sira
26-12-2010, 12:47 PM
I would say that if a person feels an urge to communicate with the spirit world, it is in itself an indication of an opening to mediumship. How this person achieves it? It may sound simplistic, but I think the sincere intent alone opens the doors. Since I am not a great fan of telepathy, I would suggest calming down, going into a meditative state while looking at for example a candle, then picking up a pen and a piece of paper, starting to doodle and see what comes. Maybe nothing happens the first time, maybe it takes several rounds, but at some point you will start feeling like someone else was guiding your hand.
Also I would like to point out that there are spirits and then there are spirits. To discern between these spirits is essential for your peace of mind, so use protections and question these spirits, do they come from Light, are they of Light and are they returning to Light.
:love1:

glenos
26-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Wanna be a medium as opposed to a fortune teller then sit in a proper development circle with an experienced leader, and be prepared to devote a large chunk of your life to it. Do it for the highest reasons and you should with luck show some results.

G

Native spirit
26-12-2010, 01:08 PM
:smile: Well i agree with smiler for the most part i was born seeeing spirit so to me its a natural part of who i am.
but everybody is psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Namaste

A peaceful mind.
26-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Can anyone be a medium? The answerer to this question is YES

But whey wan´t to be a medium when you would be a better healer or Clairvoyant.

The question when trying to find ones potential should be. – How can I be of service? How can I be of service in the best way with the potential I have.

Be not what you want to be fore selfish reasons but be what you are good at for the sake of humanity

Yours
A peaceful mind

Smiler
26-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi Native

I was born seeing spirit too :) maybe we are lucky we remember ! Many children are conditioned, who can tell what a persons gifts of spirit are; my friend. As from a deep sleep they can awaken... maybe?

Blessings to you
*hug*

Sira
26-12-2010, 01:28 PM
To be of service to the world requires the inner work first, to work through the ego, experiences, pain, hurt, the lot. Only then can you fully serve the world, because you do not have the need to serve yourself any longer.
To serve oneself and to serve the world are two paths and although service to the world is considered higher than service to oneself, I see both of them crucial.
I am not sure if it's appropriate to question someone's needs and wants from the outside. All experiences are equally valuable and to question someone's choices feels like there is some lack of trust, unless the question is asked to genuinely learn more.
:sunny:

Smiler
26-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi Sira

"chop wood carry water before enlightment and then after enlightment .. chop wood carry water" we are all learning .. its our intent that counts.

Sira
26-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Sira

"its our intent that counts.

Yes. :hug2:

Smiler
26-12-2010, 01:50 PM
HUGS *** to Sira

Emmalevine
26-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks all of you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Sounds like most people feel we can all tune into spirit but when the time is right and the intent is there. I agree labels can get in the way sometimes.

There is a local spiritual development group that I'm considering going to but haven't made any definite decisions as yet because of my personal circumstances It is something I would really like to do but it might not be the right time. I will keep open and see.

glenos
26-12-2010, 07:08 PM
My best advice is to go to the local Spiritualist Church, make some good contacts, and after a while quietly ask if there is a closed development circle locally. It'll take time so have patience. As others have said, you may make a better healer so be open and sincere with yourself because Spirit often engineer paths for you if you are serious about what you want to do and if the potential is there for mediumship. I think it's an incredible responsibility because there are those "upstairs" who want to communicate that life goes on and pass a message on to loved ones who may be still grieving, and also those who bring a more profound message of survival and teaching of the ways of the Spirit. Accuracy is all inevidential Mediumship and this often takes time to perfect. But boy oh boy there's nothing better than seeing a quality medium letting fly, and the faces of the ones getting the messages. Wonderful and priceless in every way.
Being a good healer is of great importance too. To bring the ease of suffering to another is working for Spirit in a lovely way. It takes less time to perfect (mainly) It can be used just about anywhere, and if you are good then the rewards are again wonderful and priceless. Also dont forget that many a good healer has progressed to Mediumship.

G

Serenity Bear
27-12-2010, 05:28 PM
The answer Im afraid is NO, not everyone can be a medium.

Most of those who are mediums are born that way even if they come to it after severe long term illness or accident.

There are reasons for this:

1. The physical body needs to be a certain way to be able to deal with the energy used.

2. The persons mind needs to be a certain way to deal with the spirit who will come to guide, or bring messages. To weak a person would soon fall down.

3. The person needs to have a certain emotional make up to deal with the emotions that the spirit brings (ie the moments before their deaths, how they died etc).

4. The person needs to be able to cope with the 'awakenings' when their energy is increased to enable their mediumship to advance.

On top of this there is how the social family treat a medium etc.,

It is not an easy life, its very hard, so those who are born into it have to be a certain way.

Those who want to be mediums but are not born to it, sit for years in circles getting absolutely nothing at all - Iv seen it, they often go on to be great administrators in the church.

As said before everyone is psychic but not everyone is a medium.

Sira
27-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Krhm. I gently disagree. Anything is possible when our thought patterns do not hinder us. To believe that not everyone can be a medium is already limiting the experience. I'd rather say: everything is possible. Believe.

Lynn
27-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Hello

YES and we all are. What I think it is more than anything is that we do not all CHOOSE to open that door. I know me mate does not, but he fully supports me in the work I do and seeing how strong it be with our three kids he too learns.

Tells me when I wake screaming how odd it be they do not wake and hear....like they know Mom has a vision an embrace that as me. Its NOT easy and I would wish it on NO ONE to be as strong as I be....but its me.

I teach at times Workshops and its amazing to see a total sceptic get a message. We are all with this. Too I tell all I work with be careful and work with WHITE LIGHT and Blessings and Protections . Like with people there are good and not so good....same be with Spirits.

What holds most back is " fear" and that is not always a bad thing. At times once a door is opened it be hard to get closed.

Lynn

earthprowler
27-12-2010, 06:12 PM
The answer Im afraid is NO, not everyone can be a medium.

Most of those who are mediums are born that way even if they come to it after severe long term illness or accident.

There are reasons for this:

1. The physical body needs to be a certain way to be able to deal with the energy used.

2. The persons mind needs to be a certain way to deal with the spirit who will come to guide, or bring messages. To weak a person would soon fall down.

3. The person needs to have a certain emotional make up to deal with the emotions that the spirit brings (ie the moments before their deaths, how they died etc).

4. The person needs to be able to cope with the 'awakenings' when their energy is increased to enable their mediumship to advance.

On top of this there is how the social family treat a medium etc.,

It is not an easy life, its very hard, so those who are born into it have to be a certain way.

Those who want to be mediums but are not born to it, sit for years in circles getting absolutely nothing at all - Iv seen it, they often go on to be great administrators in the church.

As said before everyone is psychic but not everyone is a medium.

curious to know where you got your information. I for one have never sat in a circle of any kind. I was not born with it but when I found out about it, I WANTED it and I worked at it very diligently for several years. It didn't take that long at all, intent, intent, intent. I don't go to a church, nor would I want to be some great administrator of one. The way you have worded it is it is only meant for "special" people and the rest of us sit back and make sure the rest of the work is done. How droll. :icon_frown: You can be what ever you want in life and with a little work you can have this too. :hug:

LadyB.
27-12-2010, 07:41 PM
curious to know where you got your information. I for one have never sat in a circle of any kind. I was not born with it but when I found out about it, I WANTED it and I worked at it very diligently for several years. It didn't take that long at all, intent, intent, intent. I don't go to a church, nor would I want to be some great administrator of one. The way you have worded it is it is only meant for "special" people and the rest of us sit back and make sure the rest of the work is done. How droll. :icon_frown: You can be what ever you want in life and with a little work you can have this too. :hug:

I agree. :smile:

The best medium I have ever known never sat in a circle...and she's a tiny little thing.

I was not a 'born' medium I didn't start developing until I was 40. I have sat in circles and developed on my own. Both happily. I work very hard at it and am reaping the rewards (spiritually,I don't charge.) I do it to help people in grief, and the more mediums 'out there' helping others in this world 'see the light' the better as far as I am concerned...

We are spiritual conductors, no more no less. I keep myself as fit as possible and run up to 10 miles every other day. I try to eat healthily and watch what I put in my body in the hope that it helps....That however is my choice. I certainly would not say that it is a perquisite to being a good medium.

A good medium needs the right intent, compassion and to contain their ego's....that is all. :smile:

We should all be helping and encouraging people interested in mediumship...and be open minded to peoples experiences which may not fit with what others have been taught...The mediumship part of this forum would be a much better place...and have many more regular posters...myself included.

LB
X

shaya48
28-12-2010, 02:22 AM
I was just curious...does everyone contain potential for mediumship? I realise some people are just naturally gifted and/or born with the ability, but can anyone learn to tune in or will some people never be able to communicate with spirits no matter how hard they try to develop?

Hi Starbuck,:smile:

We are all born with intuitive awareness, some more than others, some will be chosen and chose to except the gift of being able to communicate with our loved ones in spirit to offer comfort and proof of life after.

We are given the gifts to help others according to our energies to be able to connect in more ways than one whether it is healing, reiki, spiritual guidance, mediomship, clairvoyance, clairaudinece, cleansing, clearing, counselling, whatever we have been gifted with for that purpose of being able to help another soul.

Some may have healing abilities, with clairvoyance and clairaudience but not mediumship, some will just be healers, some will just be spiritual counsellers, it doesnt matter we all play an important part and contribute something unique and valuable to others.

Not everyone can connect to our loved ones in spirit, but they will be gifted in other ways to help those in the way they have been chosen and chose to work.

It doesnt matter what name we put to our gifts, we work for the good and through the love of God, with all his love, compassion, wisdom, strength, truth and guidance.

We have the necessary experiences to lead us to our spiritual path, as individuals we all experience what we are meant to in our own way, for our growth here on the earth plane and for our spiritual growth and progression from spirit,

What ever energies you are meant to be working with, will be shown to you by your spiritual helpers your guides, in the time and in the way you are meant to be shown and learn from.

You will be around and meet the necessary earth plane help from those who are being progressed by spirit already, and they will help to understand better the spiritual side of your life here and the purpose you are here to use your gifts.

We are always guided by spirit, they bring the necessary ways in and the necessary people we will meet to help us, then they progress our learning also when they know we are ready to go into a higher level of learning so it all works out for us in the way it is meant to just trust that we all come to our true purpose here according to what we have chosen and excepted to how we are meant to help those in need with our gifts.

We are spiritual beings having a human experience here, we have always been connected to spirit, we are created in spirit then born here into this earth plane to experience in this life time all the new experiences we chose to have for our learning here and our purpose here before we came here.

Hope that has helped Love and light shaya.:hug3:

Emmalevine
28-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for your kind and informative replies everyone, they've been really helpful :hug3:

Serenity Bear
28-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Iv been a medium for 40 plus years, and Im now at a level where I could teach it if I so wished.

Iv had other mediums (lecturers in the subject) say Im the equivalent to a concert pianist of mediums, and should be working in the top International level (if I so wished).

Everyone believes their own thing, it matters not to me, if you agree or disagree with me, for we will all find out when we pass to the Spirit World.

Believe me I can tell the difference between those who have sat for development and those who havent. It sticks out like a sore thumb on the platform. I can also quickly tell those who are mediums and those who try to be and are not (cold reading can appear very convincing even to the experienced sitter).

LadyB.
28-12-2010, 12:34 PM
There was me thinking the greatest mediums were humble....

How wrong of me......:smile:

LB
X

mac
28-12-2010, 01:09 PM

LB
X
No you weren't wrong at all - humility comes from the highest of evolvement. Below that, egotism may be present in any individual's approach....

I mentally cringe when I think back to a certain individual I know who was once proclaiming that 'her' mediums would be known as 'xxxxx xxxxx' (name omitted) mediums after she had trained and taught them to be the mediums she believed she could create.

With great sadness I later realised that not only was she horribly egotistical in such an approach she was also mostly a psychic, much less so a competent evidential medium.

I had many such hard lessons to learn. :icon_frown:

Serenity Bear
28-12-2010, 01:37 PM

LB
X

I was replying directly to a question asked..... I suggest you read back for the question!

As I said it really matters not what you think, I am judged by God and not by you. I wonder how those antagonists among this forum, who come up time and time again, and would on most forums be band, will fair.

PS: I would suggest you get to know the difference between being humble and sticking up for ones rights! You dont need to be a submissive sheep to be humble.

LadyB.
28-12-2010, 07:35 PM
"I have had other mediums (lecturers in the subject) say Im the equivalent to a concert pianist of mediums, and should be working in the top International level (if I so wished)."

With the greatest respect for your experience...

Repeating sentences like this at every given opportunity is hardly sticking up for ones rights.. It comes across as superior, condescending and hugely ego driven.

If you feel I should be labeled an antagonist for pointing out the truth of how your posts come across so be it...

We all need to look at ourselves through others eyes from time to time..:smile:

LB
X

Lynn
28-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Hello

There in lies the question are be BORN to it at times. Like we came in with it switche ON I so feel I was. Having found it how strong it ran in the family line on me Dad's side but sadly the "times" I was born into were not open to such things I had to repress it for many year's . I am told by top Medium's i well could be them and I passed on an opportunity to work with one. That is not whom I am.

When I look to me kids one expecially I see he did come in with it as like me it does flow natually from him. He does not have to work at it at all for the information to be there. Now what he chooses to do with that is up to him. Has as of yet not said he wants to study in something.

I so feel we all come in with it but it might lead to what journey our Soul has been on or has come in to learn.

Lynn

Enya
28-12-2010, 08:51 PM
If I might take a little issue with the phrase 'born to it' (or similar....) To me, that can smack of superiority, of being 'special' because that person came here already primed to be a medium. It's a matter of perception and the words chosen...

A better way to put it might be - some mediums bring their spiritual experience/knowledge with them into this life and are able to access it right from childhood. Others may do the same but awaken to their abilities in adulthood. Some mediums have to learn to close down, others to open up. Each has their part in the work to be done in service.

Whichever way you look at it, mediumship is an ability with many aspects but it takes inner work, good teaching and dedication to uncover all its treasures.

Lynn
28-12-2010, 11:53 PM
If I might take a little issue with the phrase 'born to it' (or similar....) To me, that can smack of superiority, of being 'special' because that person came here already primed to be a medium. It's a matter of perception and the words chosen...

"born to it " I can see how it could be taken in EGO, I guess as that is not whom I am I might tend to foget to see it in that way. I do though feel that we are place in the life path we are to be on. I in no way feel "special" or "superior" but YES I do know that I am different from many. I do feel too that I did come forth for a reason. I never have and never would charge a fee for what I do, and I was given that path of study. I said NO that is not me. I do know that have touched many and even helped bring closure to many. Even it if sadly be a body that comes home its knowing and closure that matters to a family.

A better way to put it might be - some mediums bring their spiritual experience/knowledge with them into this life and are able to access it right from childhood. Others may do the same but awaken to their abilities in adulthood. Some mediums have to learn to close down, others to open up. Each has their part in the work to be done in service.

Here I respectfully feel that yes from early childhood it was there, but as it was never from early childhood encouraced in any way. I feel that the Soul hold much fo the core knowlege we are to have with us. Past lives memories or Soul memories. With me Son I can trace it back in him from almost day one. He never settled as a baby til I finally clued in he was really seeing Spirits. Nothing we tried ever worked til that was egknowledged. Then finally he slept in his room and settled.

Others yes do awaken later in life via study or at times some event that brings it open to the. We are all born with all that everyone can do I feel its in the very makeup of our DNA. We might well all have our part of work to do in service but not all do follow a path, sadly some never find that step in life.

Whichever way you look at it, mediumship is an ability with many aspects but it takes inner work, good teaching and dedication to uncover all its treasures.

Mediumship is to me a word that just being said places that Pedesle for one to stand on, I am not a fan of the word BUT it does tell one's that need the service whom one is. Does it take inner work to be a Medium, I wonder on some that I know that are very not balanced in self. The number that have never had successful relationships is huge. That truly do not embrace whom they are but "look" at what they can make from it. Good teaching, I have had no formal teachings but I guess self learnings and a ton of reading and doing is a form of teaching.

I open to all that is out there, as a young adult I would read anything I could find on anything seen to be Paranormal. It is really in the last few year's that the doors are finally opening up to MORE study groups ext.

Would I go to call what I do a treasure not really it comes with a tole I more see it as a blessing and a curse. :angel12: .

I respect in what one said. I speak from me and that is from me very heart and Soul that I embrace that we all see things in our own way but we all learn something from all that is said when we learn to listen.

Lynn

OceanWaves19161
29-12-2010, 06:33 AM
I think everyone can be a medium to some degree but there's definitely a continuum according to my guides (it's the same with just about every psychic gift). Those who are strong mediums tend to be people with stronger energy who can form direct channels (kinda like t.v reception I'm told). Spirits then use the mediums energy to get their messages through apparently. The majority of people will need to work on their gifts whether they were born with it or not to help them to reach their full potential. This will depend on their soul path though.

Serenity Bear
29-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Lady B

You are continueally trying to de-rail this thread by showing things up that you feel would make those who give a toss, less then confident.

You will also learn in time Truth is a perspective.

I suggest you look at yourself before trying to pass the bucket.

Now back to the conversation at hand.

Ocean - it is all to do with the use of energy. The higher the vibration your body can take, and the higher amount you can take through the chakras gives you more or less energy to work with spirit.

We as mediums mostly need to spirit half way or more then that depending on the spirits ability to communicate.

It amazes me that people can squabble about this, its OK for those like Linford Christie, etc to win gold medals for their country and be born for it, but as 'spiritual people' we squable about mediums being born or not!

People can be spiritual there is no denying that, they can have awesome psychic abilities and also intuition but sadly unless you have the initial genetic makeup for mediumship then you wont be able to do it. The physical body simply would not be able to cope with the energy - its a sad fact, we cant all be what we want to be. It happens across life, its just one of those spiritual lessons to learn. Maybe those who come into late in life (usually through illness or accident) still have it from birth but just havent switched it on yet.

It would be interesting to see if the Psychic Research Society could do some genetic research to find the common denominator between those with mediumship abilities and those without.

LadyB.
29-12-2010, 09:27 AM
"A better way to put it might be - some mediums bring their spiritual experience/knowledge with them into this life and are able to access it right from childhood. Others may do the same but awaken to their abilities in adulthood. Some mediums have to learn to close down, others to open up. Each has their part in the work to be done in service."

How beautifully and sensitively put, Enya.

Exactly. :hug:

LB
X

Smiler
29-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi My lovely friends :)

So I see dead people sometimes and other stuff .. yes can have a talk .. etc etc .. Yes I can get a tissues and wipe a persons face that has no arms... Yes I can pick up something some-one has dropped ... Yes I can cry with sorrow for anothers Lost.. There are a lot of yes's we all do. Each A choice..
*ignore the dead person
*dont say what I get .. shut up
* walk away from the person who cannot wipe their face
*walk around the item the person dropped
* block my heart from anothers lost

My point is we are all Mediums in some way ( messengers of love to aid and assist others if we choose)

**HUGS**

mac
29-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Looking back to refresh everyone's thoughts on what was asked originally by Starbuck, perhaps each of the contributors would indicate what they mean by 'mediumship'?

Is smiler's version, quote: "messengers of love to aid and assist others if we choose" how other members also see mediumship or is it something much more specific than that....?

When the differences emerge (as I expect they will if members respond) I predict the range of answers may help to explain the strong emotions surrounding the central question of "Can it be taught?"

Orbie
29-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Even now I can still shake my head with sadness at the lack of discernment and genuine love of fellow man on this board sometimes :( when reading certain responses on this thread.

Back on topic I think the word taught here is key. I would hope this would include guidance, support, patience and most of all love from those teaching me.

Everyone one is different... some connect without effort, some need teaching/mentors . That's our challenge on this board!:hug3:

Smiler
29-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Sorry Mac

I am looking at the world with different eyes at present as my sister is dying.

logically it runs in both my parents sides and family members.
so is that DNA?
could it be part of every-ones soul process to raise vibration?
I have taught workshops many years ago.. teaching others to communicate themselves with own guides .. it takes discpline and dedication. All in workshops could commune with their own spirits themselves.. by doing their own home work . The skills they used in their abilities may have differed,
Yes it can be taught to answer question .. when soul is ready.. pathways open.

:( for my sis
blessings

Smiler
29-12-2010, 11:50 AM
oh and by using the word "I" as in I taught workshops..
I was pushed out of my hiding hole and had to mediate on each workshop from scratch.
So spirit delivered and I opened my mouth

Love and light
xxx

Smiler
29-12-2010, 11:51 AM
*hugs Orbie*

mac
29-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Sorry Mac

I am looking at the world with different eyes at present as my sister is dying.

logically it runs in both my parents sides and family members.
so is that DNA?
could it be part of every-ones soul process to raise vibration?
I have taught workshops many years ago.. teaching others to communicate themselves with own guides .. it takes discpline and dedication. All in workshops could commune with their own spirits themselves.. by doing their own home work . The skills they used in their abilities may have differed,
Yes it can be taught to answer question .. when soul is ready.. pathways open.

:( for my sis
blessings
Smiler I am sorry to hear that your sister is dying. None of my remarks was directed at you. I simply asked if others saw things your way.....:hug3:

But you make some interesting points concerning DNA. I don't have a clue if there's a hereditary component to the issue of sensitivity - I'm deliberately staying away from specific terms such as 'mediumship'. There might be but it might equally be the principle of attraction - those who are already of that disposition will be attracted to to others of a similar disposition. Sensitive children will be attracted to sensitive parents. I don't have a clue, it's just a suggestion....

On the issue of teaching - actually I misquoted the thread's title here :icon_frown: - it can never be resolved whether the teaching is from a base of no-knowledge, no 'ability', or a position of drawing out that aptitude, that attribute and teaching the individual how to make the most of it...

On a final point, as a contributor to this thread, and as I've asked others, I'll make my position plain about how I see mediumship. For me 'mediumship' is the attribute whereby one can be a go-between facilitating communication between discarnate and incarnate individuals. Without that specific involvement, much of what I hear described as 'mediumship' is actually not that at all for me....

Put more simply, awareness of or communicating with discarnates is not in itself the 'mediumship' I recognise.

Serenity Bear
29-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Mediumship is usually that which is the go between with the dead and the living, wether that is a person, animal etc. So a medium is much like a telephone box, the recipient comes to us, and so does the messenger, we just pass one on to the other.

However, mediumship is not all about the messages. We often forget the healers, those that write great philosophy, the teachers of the pathways of the world that often get over looked.

mac
29-12-2010, 02:52 PM
To be strict, mediumship used to be seen the way it is sometimes still described BUT many nowadays do not see mediumship in that way.

I don't wish to labour the points I have made so many times over the past couple of years but there are various ways that folks view mediumship.

Before anyone declares it to be - or not to be - this, that or something else, perhaps some thought should be given to whether the old ways of seeing mediumship are still valid....

Emmalevine
29-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm really enjoying the responses to this thread - great to hear so many views and experiences from mediums.

So any specific advice for someone starting out, like me? I'm currently going to keep meditating, affirming my intent to develop but without attaching expectation (if that makes sense) and trust in the process. If I don't get anywhere it shows I'm not cut out to develop spirit communication to any great level but hopefully I'll be raising my vibration in the meantime! :smile:

earthprowler
29-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm really enjoying the responses to this thread - great to hear so many views and experiences from mediums.

So any specific advice for someone starting out, like me? I'm currently going to keep meditating, affirming my intent to develop but without attaching expectation (if that makes sense) and trust in the process. If I don't get anywhere it shows I'm not cut out to develop spirit communication to any great level but hopefully I'll be raising my vibration in the meantime! :smile:

do it daily.........meditation and affirmations. i used to walk around work doing affirmations in my head, and kept notes on my desk........over and over and over. it did take about a year before my ascended masters showed up in automatic writing and right along the same time my first meet and greet with a spirit that had crossed three days before that for a friend that was sitting next to me. believe me when i say i am the biggest goof (in a good way i think :wink:) and for me to do this, they were completely shocked. so if i can do it with intent, and lots of commitment (which for anything else i do not put this much energy in at all) to what i wanted to be able to do, with the offset that not everyone gets the exact same things along the way, you can do it too.

and i'll tell you my meditation wasn't anything special in the beginning, i simply said over and over "i open my third eye to see clearly, i open my ears to hear". and i went from there with the rest. hope this helps a little. :D

Lynn
29-12-2010, 05:35 PM
To be strict, mediumship used to be seen the way it is sometimes still described BUT many nowadays do not see mediumship in that way.

I don't wish to labour the points I have made so many times over the past couple of years but there are various ways that folks view mediumship.

Before anyone declares it to be - or not to be - this, that or something else, perhaps some thought should be given to whether the old ways of seeing mediumship are still valid....

Hello Mac

Knowing we do not always see eye to eye know that I respect how one see's things. We might well agree is disagree.

One does make a good point here as to where Mediumship was and where it be now and really where it might well go forth to.

There too is a difference in Medumship and Medium. ( maybe maybe not ) again depends on one' s personal view at times.

Mediumship - a form of communictions with spirits. Too this can be taken deeper than just with the deceased to Angels and other beings. It is said that a Medium makes the contact with spirit to share messages wiht a non medium. At times some use trace where they are not aware of what is said and let spirit enter and use their body and voice box to speak. There are many layer to what a medium is seen to be or not be.

The older thinking has always been that a "select few" had this ablilty in them and it was a "gift" one was given to speak with spirits. In part I do feel its a "gift" but one that we all have the gift is in when one willingly opens it and starts to use it.

Now days on just needs to click on the TV and see shows on what TV feels a Medium is . Some I must say drive me over the edge in the pure fakeness of them but then there is a product to sell. Like now two people are ever the same I so feel no too mediums are ever the same. We all have our ways it works for us while at times similar its not a science. Nor do I feel science will ever control in it.

We are all mediums on some level at times we just choose not to use it or open those doors in life or maybe its not our Soul's path to know or learn in such things tis time round.

What is changeing the most and for a very good and possitive way is that WE can now talk openly on being a medium. We do not have to hide in the shadows and suffer the hurts and pains that I grew up with. I truly at one time almost too me life over being me. I truly thought I was Rubber Room bound and I was scrared . ( I had a cousin in such a place NOT nice ).

Like all things old view evolve to new viiews we embrae the old thinking but too make way for new thinking. Where is mediumship going.....onwards and upward I hope in understadings and commpassion. To where more and more find that peace in that when they loose a LOVed one that they will see them again at their passing. That our spirit does live on outside the physical body, that too if one has taken their life of met it at what seems like an untimely end, that they are OK. The Light is there for all.

Lynn

mac
29-12-2010, 05:50 PM
It matters not whether we agree or disagree, Lynn...:smile: This thread is anyway not about me.

My purpose (if I have any) in this thread is simply to be a sounding board, a facilitator with the hope that it will provide others with an alternative/alternate viewpoint which they may wish to consider.

I expressed my own position only because I'm a member and I had suggested that members might wish to do that. My view has no importance.

After considerable time and effort on this point of mediumship I am now viewing the whole situation very differently from how I once used to. I've 'spoken' and listened to many sincere individuals whose take on the matter I have accepted as different to the 'old' one I learned in my earlier years.

As a consequence of all this I've also learned to accept different views and different standpoints yet at the same time trying to keep one type of personal attribute clearly defined compared with another type.

I won't go down that path again as it's been well trod, there's nothing new to say....

Lynn
29-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Hello

What one is doing is a good place to start. Too most likely one has had communictaions one has maybe not seen or felt. Signs at times can be right under our nose but we do not see them is all.

Smells or sounds, many differnt way Spirit communicate.

I am a firm beleiver that we are given what we need on our path so if this is what one needs to open it will.

Lynn

Enya
29-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Mediumship is to me a word that just being said places that Pedesle for one to stand on, I am not a fan of the word BUT it does tell one's that need the service whom one is. Does it take inner work to be a Medium, I wonder on some that I know that are very not balanced in self. The number that have never had successful relationships is huge. That truly do not embrace whom they are but "look" at what they can make from it. Good teaching, I have had no formal teachings but I guess self learnings and a ton of reading and doing is a form of teaching.
Mediumship is just a word for that particular study... but it's always about perception, isn't it? :) I can only speak from my own experience that inner work *is* needed to be a good medium, to be the best you can be. I've seen the evidence of that in my own development and that of others. I've also seen the results of not doing anything of the kind... What form that inner work takes is down to the individual of course, as you yourself have discovered, Lynn. Personally, I'm wary about recommending development circles simply because there are so many poor ones out there!

You know, I dithered about using the word treasure but nothing else seemed to fit... It's a shame, to me, that you see it sometimes as a curse - what's in a word, eh? The richness of life...
[/quote]

OceanWaves19161
29-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Hey Starbucks. I do feel your pretty much already there. I think you just need to trust the impressions your getting. I feel if you do get spirits around you they'll come to you through intuition, feelings etc...more subtle stuff so try and trust those abilities first and the rest will just come when your soul feels your ready for it.

p.s I think the reason psychics and mediums were put into different categories is because it was discovered that a person needs to be psychic to be a medium (only because mediums tend to recieve psychic info from spirits as symbols, signs etc) ...whereas you can just be psychic and not have the mediumship.

There's different types of mediumship as well.

*trance mediumship channelling (light or deep).

Light trance mediumship involves spirit somewhat controlling the mediums body and conciousness. The medium is still translating what the spirit is saying mentally however.

Deep trance mediumship involves spirits almost full control of the medium. This can mean the mediums facial features begin to change, their voice completely changes etc.

You can also get mediumship without going into a trance though. It's pretty much like regular psychic chanelling which a person would do with guides, angels etc except you have a spirit passing on information/messages.

Lynn
29-12-2010, 09:35 PM
[/color]
Mediumship is just a word for that particular study... but it's always about perception, isn't it? :) I can only speak from my own experience that inner work *is* needed to be a good medium, to be the best you can be. I've seen the evidence of that in my own development and that of others. I've also seen the results of not doing anything of the kind... What form that inner work takes is down to the individual of course, as you yourself have discovered, Lynn. Personally, I'm wary about recommending development circles simply because there are so many poor ones out there!

You know, I dithered about using the word treasure but nothing else seemed to fit... It's a shame, to me, that you see it sometimes as a curse - what's in a word, eh? The richness of life...
[/quote]

Hello

Well I have been in Mediumship Cirlcles and have been to many a workshop put on by one's. Can I honestly say I took anything from it other than maybe what I feel is neede the most is trust in self. That self confidence that one can do it and that one is on on that path. To feel safe in a group maybe is important as when one is working with spirit ye are too working with a person that was once living.

I have been to good one's and rotten one's. I had a reading done by the so called best of the best. SHE got nothing right. I too was open to her reading me. I have to wonder if some are just good on "stage" and that is how they make it where they are.

I so feel that beig a good medium comes from being a good person on the Soul level to set forth to do no harm and know what to tell and what to keep to self.

Lynn

Orbie
29-12-2010, 09:35 PM
I love the phone box idea Serenity Bear. Its like the idea I have of being a carrier pigeon. Smiler, I cant even begin find the words so I just send a hug back to you:hug3: love and strength to you. Trust, you are so right Lynn, trusting in self is a biggie!!:smile:

Smiler
29-12-2010, 09:50 PM
*hugs* Mac

There is more to Mediumship ( although I am not fond of titles)
Have to work now Sorry.
Mediumship can also go to past and future for example and home to light .. they are taught by spirit when awake and cannot be boxed in one caterogy. There is much more to it. Talk later if u wish xx

Love and Light .. I say my views with good intent *HUG*
Just gotta fly to work (LOL) in a car (hah ha! lol)
:) xx

Sira
29-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Ok, I have always been the black sheep of my family for choosing my way. I might as well become the black sheep of this forum for presenting my view.
:hug3:
We are all interdimensional, multidimensional. The only thing between us and all of our powers is us. When we are ready (yes, there is a soul plan behind all our experiences) we become free from the game.
Even if we are still experiencing the game, we can use our intent to bring more into it. I see many people at this forum are wanting to do that. Then, just do it.
Make a clear statement of your intent, be it of astral travel, remembering past lives, regaining your power, becoming clair-everything, attaining higher awarenesses of yourself, whatever it is. Believe in it. Believe in your right to receive what you ask for. You are it, the power, the will, the intent, the result. Be it. Feel it. Believe in it. Become it.
There is nothing above or lower or beyond us. We are all that exists and all that does not exist.
Why is it so difficult to believe in ourselves and look for the answers at the outside? There is no outside. The outside is the illusion.
Believe in yourself. You are the change that you are looking for. You are the Star of this action movie called your life!!! No one else!!!
:icon_flower:

blackraven
30-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Starbuck - I attended an Edgar Cayce seminar once on developing the intuition and before the end of the day the entire class was able to pair up with another classmate and "read" them intuitively/psychically. In otherwords, we were trained within a day's time to be mediums somewhat. On the flipside, I would say 99% of the attendees were at the seminar because they already had psychic abilities to some degree. Our interest in the subject matter was why we were there. So I may have just debunked my own theory. :)

Blackraven

Serenity Bear
30-12-2010, 09:19 AM
There is a reason why there is a difference between the psychics/intuitives and the mediums.

The first ofcourse is pretty obvious, the first read living people while the latter read the dead.

There is also a significant difference in the use of energy, to such an extent if you can see the energy you can tell if the person is using psychic abilities to get the information or mediumship.

I agree everyone has psychic and intuitive abilities, this is the instinct we are born with, as is the rest of the animal kingdom, and if listened to properly can be vast in its helpfulness in all areas of life.

You can do a very full reading from using the psychic abilities about the persons past and present, and their potential future. You would not be able to communicate with the dead as to do that it needs a shift in your energy field to do so. You use the energy in a different way, in a different direction.

There may also be a difference in what people percieve mediumship to be in different countries. Many 'in' words come fresh from America, while the rest of us in Europe call it something totally different. Ofcouse, many of the ancient words such as Chakra originate in the areas around Eqypt, while the term Aura only came into play in the 1960s it was called the Energy Field before that time.

mac
30-12-2010, 09:23 AM
As a contributor to this discussion thread would you mind sharing what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?

Just a few sentences and purely on a personal level - I'm interested in how it is for each individual. There is no right or wrong, only what you feel.

Smiler
30-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Guys

Mediumship to my understanding from movies and books and handed down knowledge is where people could contact dead . My Great grandmother I think had the room sort of effect happening with all the gadgets .. She was either considered a loon or brilliant. Further back in history was great great grandma.. Romanian Gyspy who could see past present future .. deceased ..warnings ..My mum sees colors guides and things that she wishes not to share .. so old ways were in that area I guess?
Is that what you mean Mac?
The modern ways I would use the word Medium .. is a mediator. a channel for light to translate to the healing of another soul.. be it under whatever Title.
I must admit I really dislike being asked if I am a medium by people .. I am a woman who is Simply doing her best .. and I work hard in a normal job and share anything I have when I get a pull from the boss (GOD). Oh and I hide behind the color purple .. Gabriel ( said out of respect for Gabriel).. I am only a empty vessel when required and that is my soul journey.

Am I making sense or rambling .. sorry washed a lot of floors today. Exhausted!
Big money in talking to deceased " mmmmm" I still argue that point ...should open thread should a person pay for anothers spiritual gift>
For me the answer is "NO"
its a gift from light.. not mine to own

*HUGS ****
Hope I am not right off track ...in where u guys are up too talking and I dont offended any-one.
Im knackered! ( I like that word .. its funny).lol sorry

:) xoxox

mayancalendar
30-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I think it is a gift just like singing or dancing is a gift. But then, just as those not born with the gift can learn singing and dancing, you can learn or develop spiritual attributes too. But I don't think one can be as perfect as the one born with the gift.

Smiler
30-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi Mayancalendar

Maybe the gifts are shared as to experience spirit one needs balance on this plane as well .. So maybe some are meant to see and others not to keep all in balance. Maybe? Just thoughts I am thinking since your post.
Therefore both the medium and non medium are mediums as each serves eachs growth in some area.
Arrrrrrrrrr I am doing my head in now big lol

earthprowler
30-12-2010, 12:07 PM
As a contributor to this discussion thread would you mind sharing what you understand 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?

Just a few sentences and purely on a personal level - I'm interested in how it is for each individual. There is no right or wrong, just what you feel.

when i do "what i do", i sit down with the sitter and i focus on them, then they make a "phone call" to who they would like to talk to. I start receiving images of places or people, all based on feelings that are given to me. Sometimes the people are very strong and able to convey strong messages and have full conversations with me which I then pass on, others not so much. Just a little of what I understand of being a medium.......I talk to dead people. I also find it interesting that suicides will not look at me during a reading. Does anyone else have that happen? I can get their pain and memories but no face.

Smiler
30-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi Earthprowler

I get suicides, people that have been murdered etc and they look at me.
Sometimes their faces are presented inside my mind .. sometimes I see them externally .. it varies ..Sometimes I feel them move in me .. sort of a tad like movie Ghost ! Except it feels like thousands of tingly bubbles and a breeze. I am aware when guides are talking .. its like I take a back seat in my mind while spirit communicates ..I work this way as I am strict on working only under protection of white light.

love and light

mac
30-12-2010, 12:18 PM
when i do "what i do", i sit down with the sitter and i focus on them, then they make a "phone call" to who they would like to talk to. I start receiving images of places or people, all based on feelings that are given to me. Sometimes the people are very strong and able to convey strong messages and have full conversations with me which I then pass on, others not so much. Just a little of what I understand of being a medium.......I talk to dead people. I also find it interesting that suicides will not look at me during a reading. Does anyone else have that happen? I can get their pain and memories but no face.
Just two immediate points. Firstly why do you call them "dead people"? Plainly they can communicate so they are not 'dead' - they're very much alive, wouldn't you agree?
Secondly, what happens if a sitter doesn't make that 'telephone call', doesn't ask to speak to anyone particular?

A possible third point might be what else is there in connection with, quote: "Just a little of what I understand of being a medium." ?

mac
30-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Hi Earthprowler

I get suicides, people that have been murdered etc and they look at me.
Sometimes their faces are presented inside my mind .. sometimes I see them externally .. it varies ..Sometimes I feel them move in me .. sort of a tad like movie Ghost ! Except it feels like thousands of tingly bubbles and a breeze. I am aware when guides are talking .. its like I take a back seat in my mind while spirit communicates ..I work this way as I am strict on working only under protection of white light.

love and light
Why do you think this is? Where do you believe these individuals are compared to everyone else (discarnates that is)? Why do you need protection - from what?

mac
30-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Hi Guys

Mediumship to my understanding from movies and books and handed down knowledge is where people could contact dead . My Great grandmother I think had the room sort of effect happening with all the gadgets .. She was either considered a loon or brilliant. Further back in history was great great grandma.. Romanian Gyspy who could see past present future .. deceased ..warnings ..My mum sees colors guides and things that she wishes not to share .. so old ways were in that area I guess?
Is that what you mean Mac?
The modern ways I would use the word Medium .. is a mediator. a channel for light to translate to the healing of another soul.. be it under whatever Title.
I must admit I really dislike being asked if I am a medium by people .. I am a woman who is Simply doing her best .. and I work hard in a normal job and share anything I have when I get a pull from the boss (GOD). Oh and I hide behind the color purple .. Gabriel ( said out of respect for Gabriel).. I am only a empty vessel when required and that is my soul journey.

Am I making sense or rambling .. sorry washed a lot of floors today. Exhausted!
Big money in talking to deceased " mmmmm" I still argue that point ...should open thread should a person pay for anothers spiritual gift>
For me the answer is "NO"
its a gift from light.. not mine to own

*HUGS ****
Hope I am not right off track ...in where u guys are up too talking and I dont offended any-one.
Im knackered! ( I like that word .. its funny).lol sorry

:) xoxox
"Is that what you mean Mac?"
You've said a great deal but is this how you personally think of mediums or mediumship?

Why do you feel uncomfortable about your own situation?

mac
30-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I think it is a gift just like singing or dancing is a gift. But then, just as those not born with the gift can learn singing and dancing, you can learn or develop spiritual attributes too. But I don't think one can be as perfect as the one born with the gift.

So as a contributor to this discussion thread would you mind sharing what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?

Smiler
30-12-2010, 12:33 PM
What do you mean Mac?

A soul is a soul.. I pass no judgement .
The last girl I saw came with a warning .. I did not know who she was .. saw her for a week , then my girlfriend was coming that night with her new boy friend.
The girl appeared strongly and I just knew the new boyfriend had murdered her!
The girl was passing on knowledge for a few weeks .. a long story.
Basically souls help like people help ( thats my view). Unless they are caught in time or angry etc .. it is a complex topic as each person is an individual.

They dont need protection.. I just like protection..
Why because I personally dont know them .. and I dont leave my front door open without security so I wont leave my soul open without it either!

Its not personnal to others .. I feel safe that all

Smiler
30-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I have no idea what any-one else thinks what a Medium is Mac .. its a word to me .. but it is the topic ay!

I see a lot of things mac okay so I have my own reasons for protecting me.
Im still human and YES I am a girl .. so please bare in mind I did not seek this way of life.. it just is my life . I am me.

respectfully

Smiler
30-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Does it matter really ? what the meaning means?

Isnt it the intent and outcome that matters most?

mac
30-12-2010, 12:42 PM
What do you mean Mac?

A soul is a soul.. I pass no judgement .
The last girl I saw came with a warning .. I did not know who she was .. saw her for a week , then my girlfriend was coming that night with her new boy friend.
The girl appeared strongly and I just knew the new boyfriend had murdered her!
The girl was passing on knowledge for a few weeks .. a long story.
Basically souls help like people help ( thats my view). Unless they are caught in time or angry etc .. it is a complex topic as each person is an individual.

They dont need protection.. I just like protection..
Why because I personally dont know them .. and I dont leave my front door open without security so I wont leave my soul open without it either!

Its not personnal to others .. I feel safe that all
What do I mean? You said a great deal about mediumship but little about how it is for you personally.

Why do you feel uncomfortable when anyone asks if you're a medium? You said "I must admit I really dislike being asked if I am a medium by people .."

You say in this posting: "A soul is a soul.. I pass no judgement .
The last girl I saw came with a warning .." But I said nothing about souls or passing judgment. :confused:

glenos
30-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Personally having known a couple of dozen quality Mediums who work the platform and who give private sittings, and having been in a very lucky position of having one as a mother I think I have a reasonable idea as to what an accomplished, respected, and highly skilled Medium is, I too am following this thread closely because it seems that different parts of the world have their idea as to what a Medium is and whether they "match up" to those who I presently know and have known.

G

mac
30-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I have no idea what any-one else thinks what a Medium is Mac .. its a word to me .. but it is the topic ay!

I see a lot of things mac okay so I have my own reasons for protecting me.
Im still human and YES I am a girl .. so please bare in mind I did not seek this way of life.. it just is my life . I am me.

respectfully
I only asked how each feels about it personally - I am trying to open up this discussion thread. Although I ask questions they are not traps, not intended to catch anyone out, and the answers are not just for me....:wink:

This process of discussion may enlarge understanding, perhaps help us to see matters in different ways.... :hug3:

As I said at the outset, there are no wrong or right answers, only what folks feel about the subject. :smile:

Smiler
30-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh I am tired mac Sorry! Very very tired I should go to bed ay!

I am rabbiting on as us Aussies would say! yadda yaddda!!!!
I just feel relaxed talking on forum ... :)

I guess I dont like titles that seperate wonderful people .. I have meet many people in my life with varied gifts.. huge egos and highly competitive over who is more evolved .. which is Rubbish! So I dont like a title on what I feel is a gift .. its like calling me a doctor and some-one else does the operation . ( am I making sense??? Or should I snooze LOL)
It is a very hard road personally ..and there are periods of great blessings, which brings me to my knees in feeling unworthy.

love and light

mac
30-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Personally having known a couple of dozen quality Mediums who work the platform and who give private sittings, and having been in a very lucky position of having one as a mother I think I have a reasonable idea as to what an accomplished, respected, and highly skilled Medium is, I too am following this thread closely because it seems that different parts of the world have their idea as to what a Medium is and whether they "match up" to those who I presently know and have known.

G
I hope, my friend, that you, too, will contribute with what you understand mediums and mediumship to be....:smile:

As we both know, this field is one which is changing. The mediumship of yesteryear appears to be different from nowadays - perhaps that's an illusion?

I'm trying to get a handle on what is it right now for those individuals who see mediums and mediumship in a contemporary setting.

Smiler
30-12-2010, 01:00 PM
You are lovely Mac

*hug*

Smiler
30-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I actually do one simple thing . I pray a lot!
I pray I do no harm.. I pray my ego does not get involved..I pray that I do what is required of me. And I pray I can help!

Think I will listen to others now okay .. I am hidden away in my little spot on planet..I guess we all think different.

Love to all
xo

glenos
30-12-2010, 01:15 PM
It is different and not as good as it used to be in times past. There are still some around who can astound with their accuracy. That's one part of Mediumship, the other is to be able to for example take a service and have "teachers" come through to pass on the higher teachings. The giving of messages to me is to reassure those loved ones left behind and to awaken the spark within enough to be able to say to oneself "hold on, that's impossible for them to know that" so a search begins and then it really begins! Fortune tellers are two a penny but instruments for higher teaching and communication are few and far between. Giving messages is one thing but bringing through higher beings as I call 'em is another. That to me is Mediumship.

G

Happyheart
30-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I had a brief flirtation with mediumship a few years ago. I learned some harsh lessons on letting the ego get the better of me. Finally when I realised what was happening and how caught up in ego I was, I decided to pull the pin. I would like to develop the correct way, not on my own, but unfortunately the old fashioned way, through a true development circle, is not really an option in my neck of the woods in Oz.

Things might have been different if I was born into a family legacy of mediumship, but I was going it virtually alone, just with information from the internet. Not a good way to learn, lots of bogus info out there :icon_eek:

xxxlove Happyheart

Smiler
30-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Glenos I thought that is what every-one was saying?

That they were a vessel ( channel) and a empty one for the light? Also that they were helping others.. Mircules are Mircules and they dont come from us!
Today I had one .. I had a horrible thought .. I thought"my people are greedy and not many would do a unselfish act.. I was looking at the people and how they acted.. on my way home as I had this thought my car was nearly on empty. I thought there is no kindness left ( I am grieving presently so I can be strong for next few weeks when needed ).. Anyway as I had that thought my petrol gage went to half full.
lol
Thanks God

mac
30-12-2010, 01:41 PM
We are wandering folks.....:hug3:

What is mediumship, what are mediums, to you? What I suppose I'm really trying to do is to see how many follow the 'old' ways, how many are 'modern' mediums....whatever all that may mean!!

And that's just one problem - we often don't really know what we mean by 'medium' so then trying to speak about it means we make little solid progress. :icon_frown:

Smiler
30-12-2010, 01:44 PM
My Meaning of Medium is I just decided right this sec as thought popped in head.

Medium= the middle ground from heaven to earth

glenos
30-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Were they saying that? I thought the question was can anyone be a medium which depends on your interpretation as to what a Medium is. Giving messages is half a medium in my book. Being able to do an address, a good and inspired higher teachings one, is real mediumship to me. Although having said that there are some seriously accurate evidential Ms doing the rounds and they too serve a purpose. I think it's all about service at the end of the day.
I have seen the best at work. It's a shame but many haven't because if they had there would be some very red faces around.

G

Smiler
30-12-2010, 01:53 PM
So a medium is the conducter to translate messages from a higher frequency to this solid earth freq, this contact is done to aid in healing and to progress souls. All involved learn from the experience in some way!

Maybe Mac you need to define what Old ways is exactly ? and what Modern ways is?
That may help???

God bless you
xo

Smiler
30-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Dear Glenos

We are all accountable in the end, if some-one is helping another they are helping. Have u ever seen a persons head change shape to a womans brother who died and she wanted proof he still existed? Have you seen walls completely disappear, and leaf flowers appear from no-where just to be held by those in grief etc etc . Yes there would be more than red faces I think :)
Isn't that God doing that ?

Smiler
30-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh And I have no idea why ?
But I see a blue ball with you

*HUG*

glenos
30-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Ermm, I have "credentials" that are as long as yer arm. I have seen much in my 40 yrs of being Christian Spiritualist. Much.
As I said, service.. always service... to others. It's all to the good.
Red faces... yeah, loads.

G

Smiler
30-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Glenos

U have a person here. A woman , Motherly.. she moves her head on a funny side tilt when she is wondering what you are up too?
What are you up too ?
Are u missing some-one??

u have some crystals.. I can see them but not describe them.. they jut out!

Now if I am talking to myself I am karmically in trouble and I am going to bed.

*hug*

glenos
30-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Dunno about head tilting? Which doesn't point to my mother. She'd be right in your face with a cockney twang that would knock a house down. She was a seriously accomplished Medium.. old school, deadly accurate, and during her long career of 50+ yrs doing platform work three times a week and holding two development circles per week too. I had a teacher/mentor/go between that was second to none. And her mates, many of the names also.
What am I up to... she knows what I'm up to. It was started long befor she passed. So I'd say that it's not my ol' mum.
Crystals.. nope, they have never been my thing in any shape or form. To me they are a tool, a thing to concentrate on which I dont need. Others may use them differently.
I'd say that there may be some one who's interested in what I'm doing but loads are because it's a very big project. Both this side of the divide and the other.
It's great to recieve stuff S. and I aprreciate your efforts. ((HUG))

G

Came back to edit by way of.. whoever this head-tilting soul is then "God Bless you friend" I'm happy to see that you are interested. Another "pair of hands" is always welcome.

mac
30-12-2010, 02:20 PM
So a medium is the conducter to translate messages from a higher frequency to this solid earth freq, this contact is done to aid in healing and to progress souls. All involved learn from the experience in some way!

Maybe Mac you need to define what Old ways is exactly ? and what Modern ways is?
That may help???

God bless you
xo
Ahh but if I do that then I won't be hearing what others have to say...... Although I'm completely clear about mediumship, this forum's not about me and I'm trying to open it up and getting to know what the young uns - younger than me! - are saying, doing, thinking etc.

After all, if folks don't clearly know what 'medium' means to themselves personally, what on earth can they say about it? :wink:

Smiler
30-12-2010, 02:27 PM
lol
good point mac

blessings
xo

Sira
30-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Okay. I am a healing channel, an information channel for Pleiadians, Sirians, angels, Elohim, Maitreya, and many other consciousnesses. I travel in meditation at various levels of being - we might call them dimensions. I am a Warrior of Light. Through my body I bring high-vibrational energy/Light to the Earth plane.
I am not a medium. I resent a label that puts me into any box. I am happy to be just me and stay outside labeling, because life is continuous transformation and the only limiting aspect is ourselves. <3

mac
30-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Okay. I am a healing channel, an information channel for Pleiadians, Sirians, angels, Elohim, Maitreya, and many other consciousnesses. I travel in meditation at various levels of being - we might call them dimensions. I am a Warrior of Light. Through my body I bring high-vibrational energy/Light to the Earth plane.
I am not a medium. I resent a label that puts me into any box. I am happy to be just me and stay outside labeling, because life is continuous transformation and the only limiting aspect is ourselves. <3
It wasn't I - and I don't think anyone else either - who tried to label you or put you into any box. It wasn't about healers or healing channels - I had asked contributors in this thread to explain what they see as mediums and mediumship. That was all - no labels, no boxes....

It doesn't even have to be about yourself at all....:wink::hug3:

Sira
30-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Point taken. I noticed that I have felt a little bit frustrated today, reading so many messages that ask for proof of spiritual things and then this "labeling" became the issue where I reacted. Now I will meditate, go in the "zone" and let frustrations go. =)

FIRE-MAIDEN
30-12-2010, 08:05 PM

Hi starbuck everyone in my view has the ablity to communicate with the spirit world, yes some people can see and communicate with the spirit fields , from being a child, without haveing to devolop it !
i myself have seen and communicated with spirit from being a child, but all can devolop the ablity that lies dorment in some individuals.
talents become stronger, more powerful, when someone has a expansive mind energy, akin to a radient beautiful sun, wonderous things happen.
however the opposite can also trigger meduimship, such as an abusive child-hood , the more outward-thinking you are, the more expansive the mind-energy, the more your soul will naturally link up with the universal, mind of knowledge!
on my fathers side goes back a long way in healing and mediumship, but that most certainly does not mean its a gift for the chosen few, quite the contrary: every human has dormant, gifts, within just waiting to blossom.
anyone tells you its for the so called chosen few is full of ego , that needs badly deflateing :icon_eek:
the key is one of perseverance, then one will truely experance the realisation of their natural gifts within.
many people shut out the light of truth, [clarity] ,by building so many defences around themselves, caused by pain and sorrow [negitive experances] that they sleepwalk amidst the beauty of both night and day...
of the universe, thus one needs to fully awaken to all that is, and let go of the fear of truth and realisation as to what you truely are at soul core level ,
i honor both my light and shadow and in this i embrace all that exsists !:D

earthprowler
30-12-2010, 08:25 PM
So as a contributor to this discussion thread would you mind sharing what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?

impo it means taking a non-believer who has no belief in the after life or proof that the people that have gone on before us or them can and will communicate again, that they still exist, just on a different level......and coming out the other side with them a believer. There's nothing that makes me happier than to watch someone's jaw drop when i connect......and that's just how I work........we make a telephone call to the other side.

this is what being a medium means to me. Ok? :D

Darkest-Messiah
30-12-2010, 10:51 PM
In reading portions of these, at which point is there any difference between the full fledged medium of the phsycic underworld and the father or mother who Sees for that one mment? The effort to openly strive toward it would be one of those diffs in my life...the effort to enforce the gift another...BUT, I dont believe ALL do have the ability to allow (or even handle) true mediumship, simply because most humans limit their mindsets, fear pain and sadness, or give up gifts for comfort.

mac
30-12-2010, 10:53 PM
impo it means taking a non-believer who has no belief in the after life or proof that the people that have gone on before us or them can and will communicate again, that they still exist, just on a different level......and coming out the other side with them a believer. There's nothing that makes me happier than to watch someone's jaw drop when i connect......and that's just how I work........we make a telephone call to the other side.

this is what being a medium means to me. Ok? :D
That's fine - evidential mediumship then.

Do you also do it for those who already know about survival? :wink:

Darkest-Messiah
30-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Hi starbuck everyone in my view has the ablity to communicate with the spirit world, yes some people can see and communicate with the spirit fields , from being a child, without haveing to devolop it !
i myself have seen and communicated with spirit from being a child, but all can devolop the ablity that lies dorment in some individuals.
talents become stronger, more powerful, when someone has a expansive mind energy, akin to a radient beautiful sun, wonderous things happen.
however the opposite can also trigger meduimship, such as an abusive child-hood , the more outward-thinking you are, the more expansive the mind-energy, the more your soul will naturally link up with the universal, mind of knowledge!
on my fathers side goes back a long way in healing and mediumship, but that most certainly does not mean its a gift for the chosen few, quite the contrary: every human has dormant, gifts, within just waiting to blossom.
anyone tells you its for the so called chosen few is full of ego , that needs badly deflateing :icon_eek:
the key is one of perseverance, then one will truely experance the realisation of their natural gifts within.
many people shut out the light of truth, [clarity] ,by building so many defences around themselves, caused by pain and sorrow [negitive experances] that they sleepwalk amidst the beauty of both night and day...
of the universe, thus one needs to fully awaken to all that is, and let go of the fear of truth and realisation as to what you truely are at soul core level ,
i honor both my light and shadow and in this i embrace all that exsists !:D

Fire holds ful insight by her own truth...so many humans deny...other humans try then lie...and those FEW use it to its fullest, even through the pain of wearing its harsh (at times) gifts apon them

mac
30-12-2010, 10:56 PM
In reading portions of these, at which point is there any difference between the full fledged medium of the phsycic underworld and the father or mother who Sees for that one mment? The effort to openly strive toward it would be one of those diffs in my life...the effort to enforce the gift another...BUT, I dont believe ALL do have the ability to allow (or even handle) true mediumship, simply because most humans limit their mindsets, fear pain and sadness, or give up gifts for comfort.
quote: "BUT, I don't believe ALL do have the ability to allow (or even handle) true mediumship....."

And "true mediumship" is what exactly?

Darkest-Messiah
30-12-2010, 11:03 PM
quote: "BUT, I don't believe ALL do have the ability to allow (or even handle) true mediumship....."

And "true mediumship" is what exactly?

LOL...good question...I guess that depends on the person you ask. TRUE medium would have to carry the pain, sadness, joy and elation of the spirit worlds...............this has issues alongside how I view the christ...knowledgable man, teacher, dark and light artist.......and one who saw so much that he went to his closest ally to beg him to turn his rump in to be killed so he didnt have to feel any longer

true medium..........using more than that one moment of knowledge in order to function throughout all their life...in other words, a non-answer from me :angel12:

Westleigh
30-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I have yet to read all of this thread, but I did want to drop in with a resounding YES. For most of my life I had no connection with the psychic or spiritual whatsoever - no belief or interest in it, and certainly no ability. When my mother developed an interest in reiki and crystal healing, I teased her about it. :redface:

Then... a series of events in my life led me rather suddenly into spirituality and I went on to have some very powerful experiences. At the start I had no ability at all, but now I chat away with people in the spirit world over breakfast, and indeed most of the rest of the day; it's a good thing my guides are so patient given that I ask them endless questions. It's taken a couple of years of concerted effort to be able to do it, but I was very much NOT "born" with the ability. I have been very moved by the work I have seen mediums do, and I hope to do similar work in the future in some capacity.

I don't know about development circles or spiritual churches. I've never been to one and am not sure I would be comfortable doing so (the only places I have seen locally seem to be inhabited only by elderly ladies - not that there is anything wrong with elderly ladies, but being a young man, I cannot see myself fitting in!). Thus far, my only teachers are my guides and they've been doing a stellar job. I will see where their guidance takes me in the future. :smile:

mac
30-12-2010, 11:10 PM
LOL...good question...I guess that depends on the person you ask. TRUE medium would have to carry the pain, sadness, joy and elation of the spirit worlds...............this has issues alongside how I view the christ...knowledgable man, teacher, dark and light artist.......and one who saw so much that he went to his closest ally to beg him to turn his rump in to be killed so he didnt have to feel any longer

true medium..........using more than that one moment of knowledge in order to function throughout all their life...in other words, a non-answer from me :angel12:
I tried to encourage folks to give their personal take on this - I'm not looking for an empirical definition, not seeking right or wrong interpretations.....

Could you simply say what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?

mac
30-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I have yet to read all of this thread, but I did want to drop in with a resounding YES. For most of my life I had no connection with the psychic or spiritual whatsoever - no belief or interest in it, and certainly no ability. When my mother developed an interest in reiki and crystal healing, I teased her about it. :redface:

Then... a series of events in my life led me rather suddenly into spirituality and I went on to have some very powerful experiences. At the start I had no ability at all, but now I chat away with people in the spirit world over breakfast, and indeed most of the rest of the day; it's a good thing my guides are so patient given that I ask them endless questions. It's taken a couple of years of concerted effort to be able to do it, but I was very much NOT "born" with the ability. I have been very moved by the work I have seen mediums do, and I hope to do similar work in the future in some capacity.

I don't know about development circles or spiritual churches. I've never been to one and am not sure I would be comfortable doing so (the only places I have seen locally seem to be inhabited only by elderly ladies - not that there is anything wrong with elderly ladies, but being a young man, I cannot see myself fitting in!). Thus far, my only teachers are my guides and they've been doing a stellar job. I will see where their guidance takes me in the future. :smile:

I'm sure you will respond to whatever takes your fancy but perhaps the following may appeal as a fundamental issue for you...."As a contributor to this discussion thread would you mind sharing what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?"

Lynn
30-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello

What is " true " Mediumship good question really. Might be one that the ages never truly understands.

If I am to tell people of what I do as a Medium. I say that I communicate with the dead on what ever level they need me to.

That can be having the Spirit enter me in the physical way, so that I can relay orally or physicall in some way a message.

I can go with a Spirit on the Astral Plane to their time and event of death and I do at times fully feel and see what they did. This is done with missing persons at times. Or to maybe find evidence on what happened.

I automatice write where at times I am not aware of what I am putting forth ot paper or computer it is Spirit writting. Said that I go into a light trance state of looks.

I can channell where I seek out the Spirit that one wants to contact. ( not a huge fan here ).

That is some of what I do. Now the lines do cross in me personally being a Medium and Psychic in that I too can do readings on the living and work on the levels of intutions and reading emotions and at times thoughts.

NOT something I go around doing but too that took a long time to get a good handle on.

When one's say Oh how cool it must be to be like you, I am one to say be careful what one asks for. It is a blessing and a curse. To see the wosrt of what man does is very unsettling. Be it adult or child. Its very hard at times to know of. Too it is rewarding in that at times can bring closure to someone.

There was a time when I prayed to have them taken from me, there was a time they almost had me take me very life. Too it is a drain on me mate as he wakes to me sceaming or crying at times, or running for the computer or tv to look for something I have seen.

It too can take an emotional tol on one if ye let it control ye, or if one takes on too much. I do not use mine for a living so I have maybe more of that balance with me.

Too that is just how it is for me. I so feel no two Mediums like no two people are ever the same.

Lynn

Darkest-Messiah
30-12-2010, 11:31 PM
I tried to encourage folks to give their personal take on this - I'm not looking for an empirical definition, not seeking right or wrong interpretations.....

Could you simply say what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?

Mac...simply, in my view of reality, it is the gift to hear or see, feel or write, etc, events or past/present/future facts, and the gift of knowledge of self in determining to share it or not...can anyone be one...yeah, if they learn thier tools (which most wont)

mac
30-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Isn't it somewhat elitist to imply there is "true mediumship" when there isn't an agreed definition of mediumship in the first place?

And if there actually is "true mediumship" then it suggests there is something which is false mediumship.....

mac
30-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Mac...simply, in my view of reality, it is the gift to hear or see, feel or write, etc, events or past/present/future facts, and the gift of knowledge of self in determining to share it or not...can anyone be one...yeah, if they learn thier tools (which most wont)

that's nice and simple - a personal take on the situation - thank you :smile:

Darkest-Messiah
30-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Isn't it somewhat elitist to imply there is "true mediumship" when there isn't an agreed definition of mediumship in the first place?

And if there actually is "true mediumship" then it suggests there is something which is false mediumship.....

Possibly so...some of the elete have the right to See other than everyone can and does...so possibly it is eletist of them or myself that there is true mediumship versus players at it....or beginners who might one day become one of the ancients.............but no more so than the grade school football player, versus those in high school, college, and finally pros.........look at Sylvia Brown...there are def false mediums who abound with but only tiny insight into true mediumship - they can write a good book, search the audiance for a joe or jane or mr smith...BUT! (no appology for my realistic view on the charlatins of the world or their sad believers)

Enya
30-12-2010, 11:53 PM
"As a contributor to this discussion thread would you mind sharing what 'medium' or 'mediumship' means to you?"
Wow, some discussions on this site are like trying to pin down a barrel of monkeys... :D

in my view - medium: a person who, through communication and co-operation with the spirit world, provides a bridge for service to those in spirit and in physical.

Mediumship: the work and practice which is undertaken by the medium to hone their abilities and make them a better medium. (eg - to practice your healing/communication/trance/teaching etc mediumship). Mediumship is something which will continue throughout a medium's life, both before and after physical form, imho.

shaya48
31-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Hello

What is " true " Mediumship good question really. Might be one that the ages never truly understands.

If I am to tell people of what I do as a Medium. I say that I communicate with the dead on what ever level they need me to.

That can be having the Spirit enter me in the physical way, so that I can relay orally or physicall in some way a message.

I can go with a Spirit on the Astral Plane to their time and event of death and I do at times fully feel and see what they did. This is done with missing persons at times. Or to maybe find evidence on what happened.

I automatice write where at times I am not aware of what I am putting forth ot paper or computer it is Spirit writting. Said that I go into a light trance state of looks.

I can channell where I seek out the Spirit that one wants to contact. ( not a huge fan here ).

That is some of what I do. Now the lines do cross in me personally being a Medium and Psychic in that I too can do readings on the living and work on the levels of intutions and reading emotions and at times thoughts.

NOT something I go around doing but too that took a long time to get a good handle on.

When one's say Oh how cool it must be to be like you, I am one to say be careful what one asks for. It is a blessing and a curse. To see the wosrt of what man does is very unsettling. Be it adult or child. Its very hard at times to know of. Too it is rewarding in that at times can bring closure to someone.

There was a time when I prayed to have them taken from me, there was a time they almost had me take me very life. Too it is a drain on me mate as he wakes to me sceaming or crying at times, or running for the computer or tv to look for something I have seen.

It too can take an emotional tol on one if ye let it control ye, or if one takes on too much. I do not use mine for a living so I have maybe more of that balance with me.

Too that is just how it is for me. I so feel no two Mediums like no two people are ever the same.

Lynn

Hi Lynn:smile:

Your last sentence said it all we are all different, yet the genuine work for the same purpose to help those in pain, we offer comfort, reasurrance, guidance,messages from our loved ones in spirit to let their loved ones know they are happy and well, living on in the spirit world.

I was always very interested in Doris Stokes and Doris Collins, i have read their books and i think they are great, some years ago now, when i was on my learning journey for my spiritual purpose here, i was pretty down, not believing in myself and having all sorts of doubts,i asked for Doris stokes to come forward with any help for me to give me the faith or courage to go on with my work, i had pen and paper ready, and i was so blessed to have received a lovely message from her it gave me so much comfort and i knew she had been through alot in her life too,she lost a baby son, i lost my son when he was 19 years old, i will post it one day when i find it, it is like gold to me her words were so cherished.

To me it only matters to use my gifts in the right way to help those in need of comfort and hope in their lives, i dont live to read for money , if an occasional reading comes along that offers me the help i need to pay my bills and support my charities in return for my help then that is a blessings, and is meant to be , i never turn any one away who is in need but like me is doing it tough on a very small disability pension, i do light house work for my daughter when i dont have any other income coming in and i certainly dont rely on readings i dont advertise or put my self; out there i trust that god will send me some one who is in need of my energy who can contribute with money or not it is an energy exchange with or without money.

I said in a previous post i am probably the poorest medium on the planet lol,but in a way that i meant from helping others that havent had money i have always been looked after something always comes along for me, i have had 20cents to my name at times, and the phone will ring and it will be someone who wants a reading and can pay for that reading,so i can buy food and what i need to survive, spirit works in wonderful ways, what you give freely to those in need comes back tenfold to you, and thats how it has been for me, money is an energy exchange, if i have what i need to survive i am blessed beyond that doesnt matter.

I dont need to make a heap of money from my gifts l i never have thought of using my gift in that way, if i did over the years i have been helping others i would own my own house by now i would be driving a car that isnt 22 years old and a little shaky(like me lol) no fuel gage so i have to keep writting down where i go so i dont run out of feul in the middle of nowhere lol, no air conditioning,:icon_eek:

, I am abundant in so many other ways that money cant buy, where i rent behind a beach and have all the beauty of the ocean, my backyard where i sit and meditate each morning and give thanks for the day, all the beafutiful birds that come around to have a feed,( my bossy 14 year old cat lol) i have a loving family, great grankids a beautiful new little baby boy great grandson (that i am baby sitting tonite got him all to myself) loving and caring friends, i still have my mum who is battling with cancer and very weak but still with us bless her heart, i give thanks that i can help people, because i do feel and understand what real pain is, from what i have had to experience myself, there is nothing more humble than to be trusted with anothers pain, and i have in my time cried buckets for what some souls have been through, that i have done a sitting with.

Having any gift to help others is a blessing it doesnt matter what we can do or not we all have something to offer another soul in the way we were meant to that brings comfort to that soul, what you offer from your heart and from the love of your soul, heals another and yourself, just reaching out to a soul in need with or without certain spiritual gifts is an act of human kindness. (the same for animals and all living things that need our help)

God bless you all and a very Happy and safe New Year to you all.

Love and light Shaya:hug3:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

earthprowler
31-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Mac I love your interest in mediumship and the debates you seem to love to begin. You certainly keep people on their toes and aren't afraid to ask "why", "how", "tell me more in depth". :angel12:

I'd be curious to ask you what being a medium or what mediumship means to you in just a few sentences. :tongue:

I also found a link that I would imagine numerous people have found in their readings that sets apart the differences between people and how they handle their skills.

http://www.spiritwritings.com/mediumbiographies.html

oh yeah and by the way......I do do this for people that want to contact the other side.....not just nay sayers. :wink:

Lynn
31-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Hello Shaya

When I was 21 I had to change to go and study with a top rated Medium. He thought me the fool for not takeing that course of study. I have never looked back on that choice I made.

I have never charged for the work I do. I have traded services for readings, or have had the payment donated to an organization.

I too totally rescect one's that do make a living from it or part of a living if they are doing it from the heart and soul there are some like in all things that sadly do not.

I so feel I never asked to be me....I know even this from coming into this life I was some upset to be female. I felt wronged. I have settled that part now but too I feel I came in with abilities and too never fully undrerstood them til in me 40's . Much time thinking I was even maybe in the wrong family .

Anyone can be a Medium.....but maybe not all should be. Too maybe not all
should try to be.....

Lynn

mac
31-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Possibly so...some of the elete have the right to See other than everyone can and does...so possibly it is eletist of them or myself that there is true mediumship versus players at it....or beginners who might one day become one of the ancients.............but no more so than the grade school football player, versus those in high school, college, and finally pros.........look at Sylvia Brown...there are def false mediums who abound with but only tiny insight into true mediumship - they can write a good book, search the audiance for a joe or jane or mr smith...BUT! (no appology for my realistic view on the charlatins of the world or their sad believers)
What a thought-provoking reply - thank you again. Quite clearly there are certain sensitives who claim, or appear to be, mediums but whose techniques raise questions. Others may cynically dupe vulnerable enquirers. It wouldn't be unreasonable to call them false mediums because the principle of what they do is not genuine.

But there's a difference between such false mediums and those who have a way to go in their development. Unlike the former group, over time these individuals may become useful practitioners. I'm not comfortable with any displayed elitism in this regard any more than elitism in any other field. There's an old saying, something like: "Pride goes before a fall".

I have no difficulty with your realism concerning the charlatans of the world. They deserve only contempt.

mac
31-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Mac I love your interest in mediumship and the debates you seem to love to begin. You certainly keep people on their toes and aren't afraid to ask "why", "how", "tell me more in depth". :angel12:

I'd be curious to ask you what being a medium or what mediumship means to you in just a few sentences. :tongue:

I also found a link that I would imagine numerous people have found in their readings that sets apart the differences between people and how they handle their skills.

http://www.spiritwritings.com/mediumbiographies.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.spiritualforums. com%25252Fvb%25252Fredir.php%25253Flink%25253Dhttp %2525253A%2525252F%2525252Fwww.spiritualforums.com %2525252Fvb%2525252Fredir.php%2525253Flink%2525253 Dhttp%252525253A%252525252F%252525252Fwww.spiritwr itings.com%252525252Fmediumbiographies.html)

oh yeah and by the way......I do do this for people that want to contact the other side.....not just nay sayers. :wink:
thank you - I do try to make my contributions interesting, relevant and often challenging. I 'see' many individuals who use many words in their postings but actually say very little, so many who talk mostly about themselves. Such contributions don't readily lead to discussion and progression....

My take on mediums? It's pretty simple. Evidential mediums provide evidence of continuing life beyond corporeal death, comfort for the bereaved, help for seekers. Teaching mediums convey guidance from spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. If a practitioner isn't a trans-dimensional go-between, it's not mediumship.

Three short sentences. :wink: :hug3: Purely my personal position.

Darkest-Messiah
31-12-2010, 08:38 AM
What a thought-provoking reply - thank you again. Quite clearly there are certain sensitives who claim, or appear to be, mediums but whose techniques raise questions. Others may cynically dupe vulnerable enquirers. It wouldn't be unreasonable to call them false mediums because the principle of what they do is not genuine.

But there's a difference between such false mediums and those who have a way to go in their development. Unlike the former group, over time these individuals may become useful practitioners. I'm not comfortable with any displayed elitism in this regard any more than elitism in any other field. There's an old saying, something like: "Pride goes before a fall".

I have no difficulty with your realism concerning the charlatans of the world. They deserve only contempt.

:smile: I can buy into your argument, Mac...as well as agreeing that many newbies do become elite...and yet without pride the pain is not worth it at all. May I stick with elitism, and still be ok with newbies..........sure. I wont say I am pure blood at this arena, but pride also does not have to create a royal class anymore than does being an elite. I ran across a palm reader once who knew things about palm reading and had read palms for hire for over 30 years successfully...and yet could not read mine at all...............an elitis could have and would have, and yet the one who read mine wasn't false, just no where near elite....................good thread

mac
31-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Wow, some discussions on this site are like trying to pin down a barrel of monkeys... :D

in my view - medium: a person who, through communication and co-operation with the spirit world, provides a bridge for service to those in spirit and in physical.

Mediumship: the work and practice which is undertaken by the medium to hone their abilities and make them a better medium. (eg - to practice your healing/communication/trance/teaching etc mediumship). Mediumship is something which will continue throughout a medium's life, both before and after physical form, imho.
"Wow, some discussions on this site are like trying to pin down a barrel of monkeys... :D" But look how well you did it....:hug3: A really simple, clear explanation of how you see things.

thank-you

mac
31-12-2010, 08:40 AM
:smile: I can buy into your argument, Mac...as well as agreeing that many newbies do become elite...and yet without pride the pain is not worth it at all. May I stick with elitism, and still be ok with newbies..........sure. I wont say I am pure blood at this arena, but pride also does not have to create a royal class anymore than does being an elite. I ran across a palm reader once who knew things about palm reading and had read palms for hire for over 30 years successfully...and yet could not read mine at all...............an elitis could have and would have, and yet the one who read mine wasn't false, just no where near elite....................good thread

thanks - I think much clear-thinking is emerging now. :hug3:

Darkest-Messiah
31-12-2010, 08:52 AM
thanks - I think much clear-thinking is emerging now. :hug3:

You d' man :notworthy: :headbang:

NightSpirit
31-12-2010, 08:59 AM
practice! practice! practice! :D

glenos
31-12-2010, 09:02 AM
What about those who can do both evidential, and teaching, and are highly proficient at both. As we know Mac, they are about. Inter discipline?

G

Serenity Bear
31-12-2010, 09:07 AM
The Syvila Brown sort can and is some of the problem. People watch the likes of some mediums on TV and think that is mediumship when all it is, is very good cold reading. Iv seen one American medium ask so many questions that it was like an interrogation. In no way was it mediumship it was cold reading.

Iv even seen some so called good mediums in the Uk simply using psychic skills to give a so called mediumship reading.

Im afraid a lot of it is just bad mediumship, while the rest is lack of tutoriship, bad stagecraft and presentation. A good tutor medium would never allow a lot of what goes on on some platforms Iv seen, it would be nipped in the bud and the better standard would come forth. Everyone needs to learn how to use their abilities, and how to present it the best way and this is where a good tutor comes in.

For me mediumship must mean communicating with the Spirit World. This communication thus must be to prove that there is a life after death. Now there are lots and lots of ways to do this using different forms of mediumship, that if you know what you are looking for are very easy to spot.

A lot will say a 'natural' medium doesnt need a tutor, in a way that is true, but even if you were a natural cook you still need someone to show you certain things, why should it be any different for a medium.

PS: Maybe this is elitism, but if you spent years learning to do something really well, and know others can too it is so sad when they settle for something a lot less of what they can be.

glenos
31-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Which brings us to the oft heard chant.. "where are all the good Mediums these days?"

G

Darkest-Messiah
31-12-2010, 09:48 AM
The Syvila Brown sort can and is some of the problem. People watch the likes of some mediums on TV and think that is mediumship when all it is, is very good cold reading. Iv seen one American medium ask so many questions that it was like an interrogation. In no way was it mediumship it was cold reading.

Iv even seen some so called good mediums in the Uk simply using psychic skills to give a so called mediumship reading.

Im afraid a lot of it is just bad mediumship, while the rest is lack of tutoriship, bad stagecraft and presentation. A good tutor medium would never allow a lot of what goes on on some platforms Iv seen, it would be nipped in the bud and the better standard would come forth. Everyone needs to learn how to use their abilities, and how to present it the best way and this is where a good tutor comes in.

For me mediumship must mean communicating with the Spirit World. This communication thus must be to prove that there is a life after death. Now there are lots and lots of ways to do this using different forms of mediumship, that if you know what you are looking for are very easy to spot.

A lot will say a 'natural' medium doesnt need a tutor, in a way that is true, but even if you were a natural cook you still need someone to show you certain things, why should it be any different for a medium.

PS: Maybe this is elitism, but if you spent years learning to do something really well, and know others can too it is so sad when they settle for something a lot less of what they can be.

Question for yourself, mac, or anyone else......although I also use the Spiritual aspect of mediumship...neither considering myself renowned nor elite (untrained by outsiders), just awesome accurate when I dont forget to listen to them instead of self alone...what would you call one who also uses knowledge from far untouched living sources in order to give the same info, warnings, guidances, etc that Mediums do?

Forgive the ignorance of this, or any of my posts...although i have walked these paths since my earliest age, I only know what i touch first - not believing in most writers or speakers

Serenity Bear
31-12-2010, 10:30 AM
If I understand you correctly, your asking what you would call someone who got the information that a mediums does but from the living and not the dead?

If that is correct you wouldnt be able to.

The reading from, the living is psychic or intuitive by reading the aura, senseing something etc., so you would be able to tell them about their past, present and potential future. You wouldnt be talking to anyone but gaining information from your senses.

The medium would be getting the information from a dead person, so would be able to give the information about that dead person, their life etc, but also about the recipients life. They may (if the law and moral code permitted) give them details about their future which is given from the dead person.

So basically the difference is - psychic = gives details of the living person only, while the medium can give details about living and the dead.

Heres the confusing thing, mediums can be psychic but not all psychics are mediumistic.

mac
31-12-2010, 12:41 PM
What about those who can do both evidential, and teaching, and are highly proficient at both. As we know Mac, they are about. Inter discipline?

G

By 'teaching medium' I meant someone of the calibre of Maurice Barbanell bringing the words of Silver Birch - a medium conveying the teaching of a spiritually evolved teacher/guide.

I should have said that - sorry about the lack of clarity...:icon_frown:

mac
31-12-2010, 12:52 PM
"People watch the likes of some mediums on TV and think that is mediumship when all it is, is very good cold reading. Iv seen one American medium ask so many questions that it was like an interrogation. In no way was it mediumship it was cold reading.

Iv even seen some so called good mediums in the Uk simply using psychic skills to give a so called mediumship reading."

It's been a subject I have been 'campaigning' about for a very long time - cold reading and/or auric reading masquerading as evidential mediumship.

Just one issue encouraging confusion between psychics and mediums.

mac
31-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Which brings us to the oft heard chant.. "where are all the good Mediums these days?"

G

And the less-heard response that they've all passed over without anyone to fill their shoes.....:icon_frown:

glenos
31-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Ok, with you.
Remember White Eagle (the Lodge etc).. those teachings were it seemed somehow more in line with todays "new age thinking" and presentation. I believe that a resurection(!) of WE would be of a lot of use to a lot of seekers with their main core teachings as proscribed by the great Silver Birch/Maurice Barbanell.
Great thread BTW. The domino effect clicking away here I feel.
Got any more??

G

mac
31-12-2010, 12:56 PM
"Question for yourself, mac, or anyone else......although I also use the Spiritual aspect of mediumship...neither considering myself renowned nor elite (untrained by outsiders), just awesome accurate when I dont forget to listen to them instead of self alone...what would you call one who also uses knowledge from far untouched living sources in order to give the same info, warnings, guidances, etc that Mediums do?

Forgive the ignorance of this, or any of my posts...although i have walked these paths since my earliest age, I only know what i touch first - not believing in most writers or speakers."

I'm unsure what you mean in the section I've underlined - would you expand please?

mac
31-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Ok, with you.
Remember White Eagle (the Lodge etc).. those teachings were it seemed somehow more in line with todays "new age thinking" and presentation. I believe that a resurection(!) of WE would be of a lot of use to a lot of seekers with their main core teachings as proscribed by the great Silver Birch/Maurice Barbanell.
Great thread BTW. The domino effect clicking away here I feel.
Got any more??

G
I never felt as comfortable with White Eagle's presentation as I did with Silver Birch but that's just me....

Perhaps those teachings would work for the so-called New Age groups but maybe they'll get their own guidance. I was given some bits this morning which I'll need to knock together later in this connection - cooking dinner right now!!

glenos
31-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Agreed re the White Eagle "presentation" line. It fitted for a short while then I seemed to shift gear when I started to read SB and after that nothing came close. Still doesn't.

If your boys n girls can apport a plate or two to us starving in the wilderness that would be good!

G

mac
31-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Agreed re the White Eagle "presentation" line. It fitted for a short while then I seemed to shift gear when I started to read SB and after that nothing came close. Still doesn't.

If your boys n girls can apport a plate or two to us starving in the wilderness that would be good!

G

Sorry but I don't think it works like that!! :D

glenos
31-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Me neither but it was worth a go!

mac
31-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Me neither but it was worth a go!

:D:D:D:hug3:

Darkest-Messiah
31-12-2010, 04:27 PM
If I understand you correctly, your asking what you would call someone who got the information that a mediums does but from the living and not the dead?

If that is correct you wouldnt be able to.

The reading from, the living is psychic or intuitive by reading the aura, senseing something etc., so you would be able to tell them about their past, present and potential future. You wouldnt be talking to anyone but gaining information from your senses.

The medium would be getting the information from a dead person, so would be able to give the information about that dead person, their life etc, but also about the recipients life. They may (if the law and moral code permitted) give them details about their future which is given from the dead person.

So basically the difference is - psychic = gives details of the living person only, while the medium can give details about living and the dead.

Heres the confusing thing, mediums can be psychic but not all psychics are mediumistic.

:D Cool enough for me

Westleigh
31-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I have been told that it is possible to communicate with the higher self of a living person the way one would communicate with someone in spirit, and if this is the case then it would be possible for a medium to chat with the living and acquire information just as they would with those who have passed over. This doesn't fit the generally held idea of what mediumship is so I suppose it would come somewhere under the "psychic" umbrella or be a form of telepathy, though technically speaking, the skills used are probably the same.

I'm saddened by the idea of people performing fraudulent mediumship. Often people who seek comfort through a medium are vulnerable or grieving and such a person would have to be callous. It's difficult to reconcile the idea in my head - generally people with psychic abilities are more spiritually advanced than others and therefore more inclined to do good, so the concept of an "evil psychic" is an odd one. Having said that, I suspect that a lot of mediums accidentally use their intuitive or psychic abilities when giving readings. It's not always easy to understand where the information is coming from.

As to the topic, I suppose I see a medium as a translator - one foot in the spirit world and one foot in the physical. What they do with that skill to translate, and how they do it, might vary a great deal.

Darkest-Messiah
31-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I have been told that it is possible to communicate with the higher self of a living person the way one would communicate with someone in spirit, and if this is the case then it would be possible for a medium to chat with the living and acquire information just as they would with those who have passed over. This doesn't fit the generally held idea of what mediumship is so I suppose it would come somewhere under the "psychic" umbrella or be a form of telepathy, though technically speaking, the skills used are probably the same.

I'm saddened by the idea of people performing fraudulent mediumship. Often people who seek comfort through a medium are vulnerable or grieving and such a person would have to be callous. It's difficult to reconcile the idea in my head - generally people with psychic abilities are more spiritually advanced than others and therefore more inclined to do good, so the concept of an "evil psychic" is an odd one. Having said that, I suspect that a lot of mediums accidentally use their intuitive or psychic abilities when giving readings. It's not always easy to understand where the information is coming from.

As to the topic, I suppose I see a medium as a translator - one foot in the spirit world and one foot in the physical. What they do with that skill to translate, and how they do it, might vary a great deal.

From what it feels like...I have to agree closer with this than with simple psychichood (not that psychic is simple at all). I was actually speaking of reading for one not in front of you, by the voice of another far away living spirit.....def always known when they were living and when not

Thanks

Smiler
01-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi all

where are we up too..if off target please tell me.

A person can commune with living to .. as well as deceased. Also a tad of what the ancients call magic can occur .. that is factual.
Soul or energy is energy .. matter does not die but changes format.
So what is it when one sends out a thought form imagery to another on same level and they turn up and deliver the thought form imagery and turn it into reality .. is that being a medium?
What umbrella does that fall under in words please?.

Thank God its not the medi-evil times .. I hate it too hot lol

Smiler
01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
mediumship as in any spiritual work takes respondsabilities as if not disciplined in areas of mind etc and relay wrong information (FRom Look at me principle I am so so good) to another there is a karmic kick back . ( in my view).
It is a discipline and does require great care for self and others.
One does not need a circle of people but does require light.

Loves yah all
Xo

mac
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
"I have been told that it is possible to communicate with the higher self of a living person the way one would communicate with someone in spirit, and if this is the case then it would be possible for a medium to chat with the living and acquire information just as they would with those who have passed over."

hmmm.... :confused: This 'higher self' issue is another which for me is not adequately defined. All too easy to claim but where is the evidence?

"I'm saddened by the idea of people performing fraudulent mediumship. Often people who seek comfort through a medium are vulnerable or grieving and such a person would have to be callous. It's difficult to reconcile the idea in my head - generally people with psychic abilities are more spiritually advanced than others and therefore more inclined to do good, so the concept of an "evil psychic" is an odd one."
Again a claim about those with psychic abilities without substantiation.... As we don't know the reasons for attributes such as mediumship or psychic awareness, it would be wrong to link spiritual evolvement as a requirement for either. I'm not saying it isn't, only that it's no more than supposition. "evil psychic" is an emotive description but some appear downright disreputable.

"I suspect that a lot of mediums accidentally use their intuitive or psychic abilities when giving readings. It's not always easy to understand where the information is coming from."
The first sentence is undoubtedly true for some mediums. Whether it is true for, quote: "a lot" of them again is speculative. It is, though, the responsibility of any medium to know what they are doing. If it's not known from where details are being acquired, then caution should be shown until it is known. The regurgitation of details acquired from the enquirer through auric reading - which may mislead the sitter into thinking it is mediumship - is deplorable. A responsible, experienced evidential medium would know how to differentiate, and be able to avoid using psychic reading, when giving mediumship.

But, then, it's down to what the term medium means to us personally - we've gone full circle....:wink:

Westleigh
01-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Mac, semantics aside, I don't think we differ in opinion in any way. Supposition is exactly what I was offering and I think that has to be taken as read on a forum like this - we can only present our personal opinions and experiences. Is it possible to produce "evidence" for any spiritual phenomenon?

That being said, I have communicated with my own higher self to fascinating result, though I have never attempted to do so with anyone else's despite assurance from my guides that it is possible (I mean, should one ask a person's permission before trying that sort of thing? :smile:). I suppose I personally feel that there is a link between spiritual development and psychic ability because that is exactly how I developed mine... There seems to be reasonable consensus (that is, it is mentioned in many texts and personal accounts on psychic development, and I have never seen opposition to the issue) that inner emotional healing and energy work promote psychic abilities and are a must for developing abilities like mediumship. Mine turned up as a side-effect of doing this, rather to my astonishment, as it wasn't the original intention. So the idea of someone who has taken this path only to become a charlatan is interesting.

I certainly agree that mediums should be aware at all times of what they are doing, but in an ideal world everyone in every profession would understand their craft to the highest level at all times, and I don't think this is the reality... though it would be nice!

mac
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Mac, semantics aside, I don't think we differ in opinion in any way. That's not how I see things and it's certainly not semantics. Supposition is exactly what I was offering and I think that has to be taken as read on a forum like this - we can only present our personal opinions and experiences. Is it possible to produce "evidence" for any spiritual phenomenon? I'll accept personal experience, how something worked out, what was experienced etc. That sort of third-party evidence is fine for me when I understand it. I'll accept it as evidence.

That being said, I have communicated with my own higher self to fascinating result,....those results being? though I have never attempted to do so with anyone else's despite assurance from my guides that it is possible (I mean, should one ask a person's permission before trying that sort of thing? :smile:). It's not something about which I have any understanding and I'd be happy for you to change that situation for me. I suppose I personally feel that there is a link between spiritual development and psychic ability because that is exactly how I developed mine... I wouldn't doubt your personal situation but why would it necessarily be so for others? There seems to be reasonable consensus (that is, it is mentioned in many texts and personal accounts on psychic development, and I have never seen opposition to the issue) that inner emotional healing and energy work promote psychic abilities and are a must for developing abilities like mediumship. That's a broad brush applied to the situation...Mine turned up as a side-effect of doing this, rather to my astonishment, as it wasn't the original intention. So the idea of someone who has taken this path only to become a charlatan is interesting. Indeed it is but it doesn't mean the others reached their position in ways necessarily comparable to your own or with comparable outcomes....or have similar characters.

I certainly agree that mediums should be aware at all times of what they are doing, but in an ideal world everyone in every profession would understand their craft to the highest level at all times, and I don't think this is the reality... though it would be nice! No it's certainly not the reality of the situation but mediumship is a situation somewhat different to a 'profession' as you mention.

Serenity Bear
02-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi all

where are we up too..if off target please tell me.

A person can commune with living to .. as well as deceased. Also a tad of what :)

Yes mediums can communicate with those living as well. What I mean by this is those in comas, or in a far off country and asleep.

One very famous medium who is long dead now, drew a face which was later identified to be a person in a coma. She also told us that she had had those asleep in a far off country.

It is said while we sleep that we return to the Spirit World, so this follows that theory!

mac
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Yes mediums can communicate with those living as well. What I mean by this is those in comas, or in a far off country and asleep.

One very famous medium who is long dead now, drew a face which was later identified to be a person in a coma. She also told us that she had had those asleep in a far off country.

It is said while we sleep that we return to the Spirit World, so this follows that theory!
hmmmm....maybe, maybe not.....communication with someone comatose would be telepathic, as indeed anyone else still alive but not present. Using the definition I favour, it's not mediumship - it's not transdimensional for instance.

Actually we don't so much return to the etheric dimensions sometimes during sleep as visit while still tethered to our physical body. I suggest it's most unlikely that all of us do this all of the time during sleep but impossible to prove either way. :confused: Wouldn't it make sense that if the scenario described above were the norm, or commonplace, there would be many documented occurrences? I'm not saying it can't or doesn't happen only that it would be misleading to suggest it's a regular or common situation.

To repeat, though, if it isn't a situation of the medium being a go-between for communication between discarnates and incarnates, then for me it isn't mediumship.

Racer X
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Some "smalls" can be a medium.....

Most "Larges" cannot......

:D

paulrosk
26-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Nope, just like not everybody can be a musician!