PDA

View Full Version : Is my spirit guide Raven, or a trickster Soul Mate?

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I posted this in the soul mate forum, not getting any answers, I need help in figuring something complex out, and ill write this brief and to the point this time. Maybe someone here is good at figuring out and reading people, because i find it very hard to read a trickster.

I'm trying to figure out who my spirit guide is, he is either Raven or a Soul Mate. It is important to me to know. Communication with him is not helping me when i try and talk to him, because he is a trickster, and he talks in riddles, confuses me more than when i start. It's not my ability of communication either, it's that, he's confusing. Raven can also shape shift, into any form he wants. I've had a history with Raven, he's my ultimate spirit guide. He's transformed into men before my eyes before, and tried to seduce me, not as disrespectful as it sounds though. Anyways, whoever it is, if they are different entities, they are both tricksters, and they both act like raven anyway. How am i supposed to trick a trickster, into giving me clearer answers? Reverse psychology or something?

This was my most recent conversation with him, my part in italic:

Hello.
Yo.

Are you Raven?
Do I look like raven?
I don’t know, because raven can shape shift apparently.
Nothing. He just grins. Didn't answer my question, and just makes me more confused, and the grin makes me slightly suspicious.
What is your name?

You used to call me Keokutah.
But Keokutah is a name I read in a book that i just gave you.
Does it matter?
Yes it does.
What is your name?
Karkandia
But Karkandia is a name I made up in a story.
(I gave up with that) even so, he keeps listing of LOTS of names that start with K.
What do you like to do?
Scour the universe
I laugh. What is scouring the universe look like?
(Sent me a weird image of him flying around darkness)
(I sighed) what is your name?
Kayonda Desert prince
That doesn’t make any sense.

Do I know you?
What do you think? He laughs. Youve been talking to me for years!
You know what i mean. And I don’t want to go by what I think
Weve had some good times
What was your favorite time we had?
(We are dancing around, frolicking around ever so happily, in a desert, together, looking up at the stars, looking into each other’s eyes and sweet romantic stuff, then we make out) this remembrance almost makes me cry of happiness.
Where were we then?
(Nothing.) Then i see us at a cliff, and we're looking at stars.
Were you teaching me about stars?
Yes
You were the ___blank (didn’t catch the next part) Sahara
Sahara desert?
How have you helped me?
I look after you
How many spirit guides do I have
4, blank, then 182. 182. 182.
[i]182? That doesn’t sound reasonable. That’s probably my mind.
Are you just my mind?

Your not insane. It's impossible for all of these coincidences to be just coincidences.

oh... yeah that makes sense i guess.
Did we know eachother in another lifetime?
Yes
How many lilfetimes have we been connected
what relationship were we?
I loved you
But love can mean different relationships. Go on...
He refuses to budge.
Can you explain reality?
Things are small here to what they really are
The mountains are good places to go for ceremony. Because they reach higher
You can see me whenever you want
Go to a mountain, and release your soul, feel it carry away, we will dance around you
But I hate snow. (me complaining)

Snow is very cleansing
Do you like spagettit, I like granolas (I have no idea why he was talking about spagetti and granola. Might have been my own thoughts)
There are entities in the mountains.
You need to go there.
Are you my soul mate?
What do you think? Another sly grin.
Am i going to meet a soul mate in this life?
He says nothing! But his face looks sad, and he just looks at me sadly. He looked like he was going to cry or something.
I don't know what on earth this all means.

Then I contacted Raven himself:
He did not answer any of my questions regarding the guy i keep seeing.
He said "you need to concept ambiguity".
Then he shape shifted into the same guy, and sat behind me, but that could just be him, although at the time, i had the sense, it was either him the whole time, or he was telling me it shouldn't really matter. Most of the time he was sitting there, sort of defiantly. He demanded me to look into his eyes. I did, i'm not sure what i saw. His face morphed into a creepy version of a human face, like an odd beast, his eyes looked gold. He asked me what i could see. The thought popped up in my mind, "light and dark". I asked him how to concept ambiguity.
He told me "you should answer your own questions". I laughed because it sounded kind of insulting, but then i realized how helpful it actually was. But my intuition is bent when it comes to this. Then he became less serious, and lay beside me comfortingly. Then i had to leave because i was interrupted.

I really want to know who he is, but Raven, and this guy, if they are separate, are not really helping me out here, they want me to play mind games. How on earth am i supposed to read and understand a trickster? Because i can barely read people as it is. I have no trouble with my other spirit guides.
It's been years of this, thus i've had different feelings that change over time about it, so my intuition i feel, cannot be relied on greatly.
All i know for sure, is most of the time i am definite its raven, but other times, i'm sure it's not, for example, he's given me visions of us being together that could be memories, and i was always so sure that the vision of this man, was going to be my future soul mate, someone i was supposed to love.
He's trying to teach me things. I trust him, or them, but i need to know who he is.

Evaah
24-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Wow. That was... interesting, to say the least.

It's funny, because as I was reading through your dialogue, there were (and still are) lots of birds flying around in my backyard. :D

I've never heard of a Guide behaving as a trickster; you would think they would provide clear and concise information. But perhaps he behaves this way for a reason - getting you to think things out for yourself. Are you the type of person who wants answers now?

I must also add... some of the things he says (and does) sounds a little bizarre for a Spirit Guide. My initial impression was that he was some form of negative entity having a bit of fun with you. (I've never heard of a shape-shifting Guide...) But you insist he's your main Guide.

It's just.. the whole "sly grinning" and not-so-wise remarks (and seducing? lol) as well as the shape-shifting and whatnot throw me off. Unless he's getting you to think. As for the whole soulmate thing - unless that's incredibly important to you, I would let that go for now.

Whoa. That was a whole jumble of thoughts. I'm sorry. I was sort of jotting down everything that crossed my mind. xD

~Ev

Enya
24-12-2010, 03:43 PM
It sounds to me as if you are determinedly trying to pin him down to one persona/name label and he's busy trying to show you that it doesn't matter!!
Tap into his energy, not his appearance or name... sense the energy, the essence of who he is and then you will know him. (you say he is Raven or a soul mate. Why can't he be neither, or both? Spirit is never limited)

Squatchit
24-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh my goodness me, Enya is here. I'm listening to you right now. You're brilliant if a little repetitive. You know, one CD is all CDs.

As for ravens and tricksters - keep in mind it might be your imagination. By that, I mean keep an open mind. It's quite lovely to have a conversation with something other than ourselves, but please try to keep that as a last resort. You may very well be talking to yourself.

Which is wonderful in itself. :smile:

Westleigh
24-12-2010, 05:25 PM
It's difficult, but I don't think anyone else will be able to give you an answer - you are the only one who can find it, and you will need to keep talking to him/them and try to be patient as you work things out. I know it's not easy to be patient if it's something important to you, but you don't want to jump to conclusions about an emotional issue either.

Does the energy of them "feel" different? Logically speaking I would think it is more likely they are two different people; I also have two guides, one of whom is my soulmate and the other of whom is a more experienced, teacher-guide. Our soulmates are usually around the same evolutionary level as we are so you might say my soulmate is a guide-in-training.

Even if we want to know something, though, our guides are not always ready to tell us, so patience must be the operative word.

Evaah
24-12-2010, 05:26 PM
It sounds to me as if you are determinedly trying to pin him down to one persona/name label and he's busy trying to show you that it doesn't matter!!
Enya hit that on the mark. He even asks you (if this is truly your Guide): "Does it matter?"
By you saying "Yes it does"... well, perhaps Enya is accurate in saying that he's probably trying to get you to realize that names do not matter. They're all good and well if you need to grab their attention quickly.. or if you're trying to tune into a certain energy. But you even said yourself: "I've had a history with Raven. He's my ultimate Spirit Guide."

If you know this, and you're already able to connect, why does the name matter? You're already referring to him as Raven, and he's responding to it.

But in the case that this is your mind, simply make sure you've silenced your thoughts - not by force, of course. That doesn't solve anything.

~Ev

Enya
24-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh my goodness me, Enya is here. I'm listening to you right now. You're brilliant if a little repetitive. You know, one CD is all CDs.
:smile:
Lol - well, they still sell, so why mess with perfection???! :cool: :rolleyes:

Squatchit
24-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Lol - well, they still sell, so why mess with perfection???! :cool: :rolleyes:

Indeed! I own about 7 perfect CDs. :D You are the dogs bits when it comes to Christmas. :tongue:

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Wow. That was... interesting, to say the least.

It's funny, because as I was reading through your dialogue, there were (and still are) lots of birds flying around in my backyard. :D

I've never heard of a Guide behaving as a trickster; you would think they would provide clear and concise information. But perhaps he behaves this way for a reason - getting you to think things out for yourself. Are you the type of person who wants answers now?

I must also add... some of the things he says (and does) sounds a little bizarre for a Spirit Guide. My initial impression was that he was some form of negative entity having a bit of fun with you. (I've never heard of a shape-shifting Guide...) But you insist he's your main Guide.

It's just.. the whole "sly grinning" and not-so-wise remarks (and seducing? lol) as well as the shape-shifting and whatnot throw me off. Unless he's getting you to think. As for the whole soulmate thing - unless that's incredibly important to you, I would let that go for now.

Whoa. That was a whole jumble of thoughts. I'm sorry. I was sort of jotting down everything that crossed my mind. xD

~Ev

Lol that's interesting about the birds. I appreciate the jumble of thoughts!
I too have never heard of a guide behaving as a trickster, unless they are a trickster. But, even then, there could be the possibility that they could take on the same personality if they had trickster medicine themselves.
I am the type of person who wants answers right now - very impatient and needing to analyze things, especially when i'm handed riddles, I guess that is something i need to work on. This is basically me trying to define who it is i am talking to, seeking answers to establish a better relationship, trying to comprehend the lessons i am involved in, the things i need to learn from it all, yet i know he or they work in odd ways.

Well we adapt at times to the roles of our spirit guides, and i am heyoka, clown, trickster myself, but there is no way, i could ever be as clever as the real thing.

Well this could easily cause a conflict between those who have views of negative spirits. I am highly aware of his medicine. Because, to say the least, Raven has falsely been judged before, and has received a bad name, for obvious reasons. But that is not the case, they teach us lessons in tricky ways, for our highest good.

Well Ok, the basis of a trickster, especially Raven, is he is bad, and he is good, they do things differently, they work with dark, to bring us to light, and they are masters of trickery. I guess if you don't understand this, and only comprehend the negative, raven would be a guide you would want to stay away from, although if he ever does come to you, he can teach you powerful things, the good medicine, power, and guidance they offer, is loving, and they are messengers.
Most of my totem animals are west coast, because i grew up in a west coast forest. For example, there are tricksters in the form of a coyote, in the plains, but they are separate spirits. Elsewhere in other regions. Here, he is the form of Raven. You can find information on them, pretty much anywhere. Raven, is the only bird, except owl, who is known other than mythological birds, to shape shift.

They are not exactly negative spirits, they are simply tricksters, however to simplify that concept, is kind of complex. In all they are good spirits, but they just go about things differently. For me, Raven has been a part of my life since i was a child, and although at times he can work in mysterious ways, he has guided me and brought me far in life, protected me, and done amazing and good things.

It's sort of like the concept of having owl medicine. Owl represents the grim reaper, death, thus people are eager to dismiss it as negative because they are afraid, when in fact, death is not negative at all. There was a huge misunderstanding, that if anyone caught glimpse of an owl, it would mean they were about to die, well there are still people to this day who live in fear of that. Same as Raven, it was misunderstood that if we see a crow or raven, it means we are to have bad luck. Owl is also the only other bird that i know of, other than Raven, and mythological birds, who can shape shift, and teach shapeshifting. They both offer some of the most amazing medicine and teachings.

Yeah, I guess it's probably a good thing, if i let the soul mate thing go, but i still want to figure things out. I don't like not knowing, if they are two, or one.

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Tap into his energy, not his appearance or name... sense the energy, the essence of who he is and then you will know him. (you say he is Raven or a soul mate. Why can't he be neither, or both? Spirit is never limited)

Lol thanks, yes i'm sure that is what he is trying to tell me, but I need to know, this matters to me. As far as energies go, i think they are similar. They can't be neither because i've investigated it down to that much so far. He could be both, trying to figure that out, i don't like mind games, actually, further dissecting that, i highly enjoy mind games. Spirit is never limited, true, but they do have personas, they have their stories of their "lives" if you can call it that, they even have their own likes and dislikes, and it is really interesting getting to know them for who they are, they have been through and seen a lot and are very wise.

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 06:56 PM

As for ravens and tricksters - keep in mind it might be your imagination. By that, I mean keep an open mind. It's quite lovely to have a conversation with something other than ourselves, but please try to keep that as a last resort. You may very well be talking to yourself.

Which is wonderful in itself. :smile:

Yes, thanks, I like the thing about keeping an open mind, even though I know it's not my imagination, just one question though, why would you keep spirit communication with your helpers as a last resort? That's what my spiritual path is made of. You are supposed to have good relationships with them, and they wait, and wait, for such a long time for you to finally visit them and become aware. They love us. The atmosphere, around them, is more loving than anything you would ever experience on this earth plane.

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 07:06 PM
It's difficult, but I don't think anyone else will be able to give you an answer - you are the only one who can find it, and you will need to keep talking to him/them and try to be patient as you work things out. I know it's not easy to be patient if it's something important to you, but you don't want to jump to conclusions about an emotional issue either.

Does the energy of them "feel" different? Logically speaking I would think it is more likely they are two different people; I also have two guides, one of whom is my soulmate and the other of whom is a more experienced, teacher-guide. Our soulmates are usually around the same evolutionary level as we are so you might say my soulmate is a guide-in-training.

Even if we want to know something, though, our guides are not always ready to tell us, so patience must be the operative word.

The energy feels similar, which is part of why i am so confused. And yeah, talking to someone like him, fun, fun, it only creates more riddles i need to figure out. I mean that literally, it can be amusing, but not at all beneficial for MY mind, personally, because i fail at even comprehending commercials on tv.
Hehe, thanks, I know i always need to work on patience. I guess I know i have to work on understanding things too. It's just, i am not any good at dissecting hints, vagueness, sentences, sarcasm, facial expressions, from alive people, let alone a tricksters words, i was just hoping someone was good at reading into things better than I. My social reading skills are very bad, i cannot understand well. Like for example, when i asked him if he was raven, did his response, reveal anything else? I don't know.

Squatchit
24-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, thanks, I like the thing about keeping an open mind, even though I know it's not my imagination, just one question though, why would you keep spirit communication with your helpers as a last resort? That's what my spiritual path is made of. You are supposed to have good relationships with them, and they wait, and wait, for such a long time for you to finally visit them and become aware. They love us. The atmosphere, around them, is more loving than anything you would ever experience on this earth plane.

Hiya Ciqala

I really like your response - thank you.

Words that worry me... "know", "spirit communication", "helpers".

They Love Us - are you crazy? I'm killing myself laughing at this. What on earth do you think makes them love us?

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Hiya Ciqala

I really like your response - thank you.

Words that worry me... "know", "spirit communication", "helpers".

They Love Us - are you crazy? I'm killing myself laughing at this. What on earth do you think makes them love us?

Oh I am not sure I comprehend your side of things, so if you care to enlighten me anymore. Do you not believe in spirit guides then ?
There is no way for me to ever explain the spiritual concept of love shared between us and our guides, or how. It would have to be something to be experienced.
I can see the word know, could be worrying, but what is worrying about spirit communication and helpers?

star-child
24-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Hello :) it sounds like a bit of a complicated situation. I don't really have that much to say apart from when communicating with this spirit visualise yourself in a bubble of light and ground yourself so that you are protected from any negativity. Because if this spirit is tricking you, they probably wouldn't come near your positive light. Also you could buy a crystal for protection? That way if you feel well protected and the same situation is still occurring then there is probably a lesson in it for your highest good.

Sophie x

Enya
24-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Indeed! I own about 7 perfect CDs. :D You are the dogs bits when it comes to Christmas. :tongue:
Wow, the first time I've ever been compared to canine privates... not sure how to respond to that... :icon_geek: :eek:

Ciqala
24-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Hello :) it sounds like a bit of a complicated situation. I don't really have that much to say apart from when communicating with this spirit visualise yourself in a bubble of light and ground yourself so that you are protected from any negativity. Because if this spirit is tricking you, they probably wouldn't come near your positive light. Also you could buy a crystal for protection? That way if you feel well protected and the same situation is still occurring then there is probably a lesson in it for your highest good.

Sophie x

That's an awesome idea that i never really thought of until now. Well i am pretty sure he is okay, since I usually have my protective crystals in my medicine bag necklace, and I have protection cast around my altar at all times. He's also been helpful. Just sometimes complicated as you say. Learn my lessons i guess. I'm getting the feel i should just go with it, and not be so stubborn to find out the answers.