PDA

View Full Version : Documentary?

BigBadBeef
21-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Is there an objective documentary for this? Video? Anything regarding near death experiences?

What I gathered was for people that have been clinically dead for a certain period of time, there is a suspicious amount of consistency between these reports!

Something biological - predictable pattern of images when brain is about to fail? Or merely explained as such out of desperation due to the lack of scientific answer?

I plan to investigate!

desert rat
21-02-2015, 09:46 PM
A number of people have done research on n.d.e.s Ramond Moody and Sam Parnia for two . Our discission on the aware study on astral pulse .
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/sam_parnia_on_the_aware_study-t43307.0.html

Some n.d.e. videos on you tube .
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=n.d.e.+

BigBadBeef
22-02-2015, 09:20 AM
If I wanted simple NDE search on google or youtube I would have done a keyword search... which I did.

These are mere witness testimonies, it cannot be distinguished between the fact that somebody actually had a near death experience and something he just read himself and repeated for his 5 minutes of glory.

Olorin
23-02-2015, 05:56 AM
There are thousands of NDE accounts on the NDERF website. I find NDEs the most convincing evidence there is for life after death. Of course, one has to trust the people who have written these long accounts. But why would they lie? The reports are anonymous after all so fame and glory are not motives.

kkfern
23-02-2015, 01:51 PM
If I wanted simple NDE search on google or youtube I would have done a keyword search... which I did.

These are mere witness testimonies, it cannot be distinguished between the fact that somebody actually had a near death experience and something he just read himself and repeated for his 5 minutes of glory.

anything of worth is not simple or easy or on YouTube.

the best part of an NDE is not the nde. it is how it changes you. that is the real proof. the real point. it does not matter how long you were gone. it does matter that you went.

kk

TheImmortal
23-02-2015, 02:43 PM
There are thousands of NDE accounts on the NDERF website. I find NDEs the most convincing evidence there is for life after death.

I agree completely. After my own NDE when I was in an "irreversible coma" for three days after which I emerged "symptom free", there was absolutely no doubt that life continues once the physical body is left behind. (It's interesting to note that the Tibetan word for the body is "lu", which means "that which is left behind".) Out-of-body, remote viewing, and inspiring insights that could be considered visionary by many just happen and the impact is most assuredly life-transforming.

There is, as you are probably aware, an amazing consistency between many of the NDE stories with many commonalities and yet, in some cases, an amazing uniqueness.

desert rat
23-02-2015, 05:34 PM
I dont know exactly what info you want . There have been a number of N.D.E. studies , and a lot of personal stories . Sam Parnia , and Raymond Moody are doctors and have done studies , James Van Prog was struck by lighting and dead for a peoried of time .
http://www.nourfoundation.com/events/Beyond-the-Mind-Body-Problem/The-Human-Consciousness-Project/the-AWARE-study.html

http://lifeafterlife.com/
http://raymondmoody.org/
http://www.vanpraagh.com/

Miss Hepburn
23-02-2015, 05:44 PM
it is how it changes you. that is the real proof. the real point.

Exactly...it is how it changes the person you've known for decades ...
that IS the proof. :thumbsup:

Miss Hepburn
23-02-2015, 05:46 PM
James Van Prog was struck by lighting and dead for a peoried of time .
You mean Dannion Brinkley...not James.
Easy mistake, both short, stocky men, lol. :tongue:

kkfern
23-02-2015, 08:00 PM
You mean Dannion Brinkley...not James.
Easy mistake, both short, stocky men, lol. :tongue:

james also recently had an nde. he spoke of it in his last book. not by lightening but by an ilness.
i also love that he finally came out of the closet about being gay.

kk

desert rat
23-02-2015, 08:06 PM
I may of confused Damain Brinkly with James Von Prag , sory about that .
p.s. The wiki on Dannion Brinkly and his web site .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dannion_Brinkley
http://www.mikepettigrew.com/afterlife/html/dannion.html

BigBadBeef
24-02-2015, 11:22 AM
the best part of an NDE is not the nde. it is how it changes you.

Funny you should mention that, because people keep asking me whether I had an NDE... which I didn't, which is why I want to know more about the phenomena, because people keep putting me among the group that did.

It was sudden... and immediate, like an angry ***** slap from hell. I love it... and I hate it... I know so much more, and I can see so much more, but I cannot fit in any more, I cannot go back where I could relate to others that are so captivated by mundane concerns.

The best way I could describe what happened to me is a quote from Edgar Mitchell:
“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation,
an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty.
You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a *****.”

kkfern
24-02-2015, 12:44 PM
a rose by any name is still a rose. there are many paths that lead to the same place.

an NDe, born again, seeing a light, walk-in???(i have been accused of this too) cosmic consciousness(my favorite).

i have a question. what was the sudden thing? for me, the nde change was not sudden. it took time to integrate it all in. it took time to grow and learn. sure, i had that sudden knowledge of thing that others could not understand. but it took a few years to be able to articulate it.

i ran into an old friend a few days ago. only two years had passed but she looked so different. she looked tired and sad. she had just helped/watched her husband pass away from cancer. all the things she stood for were gone. she used to live apart from her husband and even was not allowed to see her son. then, things changed.she changed.

i am beginning to think life should be added to the list above.

kk

desert rat
24-02-2015, 04:53 PM
I am sure there a lot of people that have a med. problem and its just lights out for a short peorid of time , until there brought back to life . What you discribe is more a change on how you see the world , yes people do that to , N.D.E.,walk in , or not .

BigBadBeef
24-02-2015, 09:05 PM
In that case its a false comparison, isn't it?

kkfern
24-02-2015, 09:51 PM
well false for the last one. i was just surprised with my friend. but it was a recent loss and she is still technically suffering i guess. but the loss of a loved one will change you too. it is often the first time a person searches and looks to the afterlife.

the others i think are valid. lights out for awhile is different then lights out and going somewhere. i have spoken to people that have been brought back and not gone to the other side and i have talked to people that have gone.

when you are on the other side, you get changed. it is not so much that you change, it is more that you cannot help but change. i think the others to are valid but i have not experienced them, well maybe the last. the point i make is that there are many paths that lead to the same place.

saul to paul is an example of the light. it is said he took on the new mission with the fervor that you mention. that is why i asked what happened to you.

kk

BigBadBeef
25-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Its like when you come back, nothing feels real anymore, right? Like your own body is like a piece a clothing that doesn't quite fit anymore, right?

kkfern
25-02-2015, 09:51 AM
for me, with the nde, it was a physical change. watches would not work for me any more. certain drugs would affect me differently. i am a natural psychic. i was born that way. but after the nde the abilities were off the charts. after the first month or so that started to fade. the other things faded away as years went by. i think it is kind of like when you are born. you are still closer to spirit. it was kind of like literally benig born again i spirit.

i am not really well versed in astral travel. i did travel every night for four years to a school in the sky. but it was the early 80's and i did not kw that term. from what i read, those that travel feel that way. they KNOW for sure of life beyond the body and that changes them. OBEs are similar. you might want to research that to see if it fits.

whatever the event is, it does change you. it is like you cannot fit back into the old world anymore because you know better. the old religious traps no longer can hold you. it does sound like the clothes not quite fitting anymore. nothing is the same. in the beginning it is like you cannot get your bearings. there is no solid ground or belief to hold onto anymore. you search for a place too fit.

i hope you can find what fits.

kk

BigBadBeef
25-02-2015, 11:45 AM
But I did find something, I found taking a back seat and watching a humanity freak show unfold is a lot of fun!

kkfern
25-02-2015, 12:35 PM
fun? are you still young?

ok kk

BigBadBeef
25-02-2015, 05:38 PM
fun? are you still young?

ok kk

May I remind you that people are going to suffer, die, win, fail and do stupid things regardless of how you feel about it.

Perhaps fun is too "harsh" a word for a soft hearted individual like yourself, so let me rephrase it:

I found the experience of observing decadent human behaviour without participation extremely engaging.

Does this sound less offensive to your subjectivity? If it does, this will make you feel better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IWx96qPtn8
Before you declare me as a sicko, please note that I've got the right to joke about these things, I've lost loved ones in a traffic accident.:argue:

kkfern
26-02-2015, 04:35 AM
it is not harsh. it is more immature.

kind of like living vicariously with that. why look only at the decadent. it is a choice and you do it for fun?? not harsh at all just strange. or are you BBW bid bad wold blowing hot air again.

kk

BigBadBeef
26-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Yes I am immature, which is ironic because admitting my immaturity is actually a very mature act. However my refusal to change and submit to the status quo is what keeps me that way. I do not take orders from societal norms regarding personal preferences. But if I think what you think you believe decadence is, you are gravely mistaken. You should know that this does not encompass only the worst of society, at least what modern culture is concerned. You would be surprised to know that some of today's perfectly acceptable behaviour is decadent in nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decadence

You should also know that decadence used to be a cultural fad in the 19th century, spawning an entire movement dedicated to dispense with all kinds of depravity in favour of seeking "pleasurable pursuits".

Everly
04-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Troll alert.

kkfern
04-03-2015, 06:52 PM
BBW big bad wolf at it again. blowing hot air