PDA

View Full Version : why do some people receive spiritual guidance while others dont or at least

jturk
16-12-2010, 12:05 PM
not knowingly. for example. im convinced i have been communicated with by guides of some kind. but why do some people just not have this experience. example: i talk with atheists online now & then & they are clearly not having the same experiences. whereas mine are sort of directing me on a specific path.

so why do some have this experience & others dont (knowingly at least)?

cochmah
16-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I think that this has to do with the level of consciousness of each individual. Those individuals that have encounters with spirit guides and angels have evolved to a higher consciousness, and are more open to these tings than others. Atheists are closed minded pepole. I think that when you're soul have lived many lives, and you have envoled as a human beeing, then these things become natural. Eventually the abillity to comunicate with spirit guides is something that will be completly normal for all of us, when we have reached to level of consciousness that is required.:)

sunny shine
16-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Even for those who believe; until their vibrations are tuned enough you dont seem to get the message, because you will even miss the obvious.

michael55
16-12-2010, 03:21 PM
from public domain ACIM...

Who are the teachers of god:

http://acimnow.blogspot.com/2010/10/who-are-gods-teachers.html

:)

anyone who choose may eventually receive

John32241
16-12-2010, 04:11 PM
not knowingly. for example. im convinced i have been communicated with by guides of some kind. but why do some people just not have this experience. example: i talk with atheists online now & then & they are clearly not having the same experiences. whereas mine are sort of directing me on a specific path.

so why do some have this experience & others dont (knowingly at least)?

It is my understanding that a person's willingness to listen determines this experience.

Once the logical mind has convinced a person that they can never learn anything of value this way, the ability to listen has been suppressed. Once that choice has been made, spirit will honor it and not disturb the person.

It is the use of free choice in every case.

John

LightFilledHeart
16-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Personally I think it's a matter of trusting the source. I would suspect everyone is capable of receiving communications of this sort, but many simply do not trust it and assume it is their imagination. When it comes to assuming everything that lands in your head is a "message" from on high that must be shared with all humanity (!) or being someone who doesn't believe ANYTHING they receive as truly being a transmission from a high ranking spiritual entity and not simply their own over-active imagination, I would personally prefer to meet the latter, since I think they're far less likely to do damage than the former.....! Let's face it, there are less evolved entities willing to pump someone's butt full of sunshine, flattering them endlessly and crowning them as "chosen" to do God's work. Those less evolved entities will issue any number of flowery sounding messages purported to be prophecies for the masses, and it's only when that stuff does not come to pass (witness Blossom Goodchild's very public humiliation!) that it becomes obvious and evident the channel was being seduced by a cunning lower vibration entity posing as a high ranking member of the spiritual hierarchy and taking the gullible channeler on the ride of his or her life...!

Chrysaetos
16-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I think so called ''awareness'' and ''higher consciousness'' are used as excuses by believers to dismiss investigation and critical thinking. Being sceptical and to have a critical mind somehow purges the fairies and guides away, LOL. They're shy we're told, or they know we are ''not ready'' yet. And some of us believe it. Basically, when we turn up the lights a little, they vanish!

Remember, these beings are supposed to be ''higher'' than us, more knowledgeable, loving etc. Why would their ''ego's'' be damaged by your scepticism?

Less evolved and more evolved - these are all excuses and as long as people can't even explain why such things even exist, there's not much truth to it. Are they just excuses and misuse of ''evolution'' that is integrated in modern New Age ideas?

What is interesting is that people seem to experience what they (want to) believe in, based on their culture, upbringing, religion, values, desires, and so forth. ;)

Chrysaetos
16-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Those less evolved entities will issue any number of flowery sounding messages purported to be prophecies for the masses, and it's only when that stuff does not come to pass (witness Blossom Goodchild's very public humiliation!) that it becomes obvious and evident the channel was being seduced by a cunning lower vibration entity posing as a high ranking member of the spiritual hierarchy and taking the gullible channeler on the ride of his or her life...! Maybe you only think they were ''lesser evolved entities'' (what a mouthful) because it does not resonate with your ideas?

Or dear Blossom just gave the wrong interpretation to her experience?

Imagine 5 people meditate in the same room and all of them achieve a spiritual experience, they are asked who or what they encountered..

Person 1 claims it was Jesus..
Person 2 tells us it was a tree spirit..
Person 3 says it was her angelic guide..
Person 4 shouts Allahu Akbar!!
Person 5 speaks about aliens..

Summerkat
16-12-2010, 07:23 PM
So called ''awareness'' and ''higher consciousness'' are excuses made by believers to dismiss investigation and critical thinking. Being sceptical and to have a critical mind somehow purges the fairies and guides away, LOL. They're shy we're told, or they know we are ''not ready'' yet. And some of us believe it. Basically, when we turn up the lights a little, they vanish!

Remember, these beings are supposed to be ''higher'' than us, more knowledgeable, loving etc. Why would their ''ego's'' care about your scepticism?

Less evolved and more evolved - these are all excuses and as long as people can't even explain why such things even exist, there's not much truth to it. It's just excuses and misuse of ''evolution'' that is integrated in modern New Age ideas.

What is interesting is that people seem to experience what they (want to) believe in, based on their culture, upbringing, religion, values, desires, and so forth. ;)

I agree with Chrysaetos.

I've been around these ideas for about 30 years or so. In the beginning when I was trying to understand why things didn't happen to me the way they were for others, I bought that whole propaganda about needing to raise my vibration, or my awareness or my consciousness --whatever they claimed that most of us don't have enough of. I went along with it all...I must not be high enough vibration to have angels manifest before my eyes, or to channel ancient beings from on high, or to heal the multitudes or to hold an object and give a complete biography of its former owner and so on and so on. I must not be sufficiently evolved... the Shirley MacLaine's, the Edgar Cayce's, the Seth's, and all..they all have it but I don't.

Interestingly, there was always an author or class, a book, a tool that I didn't have that would help me achieve that or so the pitch went. I just needed to get that and meditate more and I would be fine they would have me believe...wrong. I spent the majority of the past 30 years attempting to do that as best as I could. I will tell you now, its hogwash. Its sales pitch mostly. To sell books, seminars, and items...its spiritual advertising. We'll always be deficient in their eyes...its part of marketing. Its just like when they try to sell us a better deodorant or car... what we have isn't good enough... we need the newer, better one.

There is no higher or lower consciousness. Our vibrations are just fine. We don't need to buy into this anymore.

Uma
16-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Someone once told me - first God touches you with a feather, then taps you on the shoulder, then hits you with a rock.

glenos
16-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Someone once told me - first God touches you with a feather, then taps you on the shoulder, then hits you with a rock.

Ouu, that's a goodun :D

Xan
17-12-2010, 01:06 AM
As I see it whether you are aware of spirit guide communication or not has nothing to do with your religion or path or atheist view, nor with how "high" your consciousness is. In fact some non-believers are surprised by spirit contact.

It's simply a matter either of a little openness, or of the guides making a point to contact someone for their own reasons.

Xan