PDA

View Full Version : Astrology and Dating??

ArtisticAthlete
16-12-2010, 12:41 AM
Should one follow the Astrology rules when it comes to dating? For example: It says a Pisces best match is Cancer or Scorpio and its worse match is Aries (I think?) and Gemini. So, there's noooo way a Pisces can have a good relationship w/ a Gemini? Isn't it more about the person and not their sign? Although, I talked to a Gemini for a couple of weeks and we did not get along. Lol. Hence the "couple of weeks". We didn't yell/argue but I just didn't get him and thought he was kind of phony... And, I didn't read the Gemini profile until after I started talking him and thought, hhm...that's kind of true.
(**Not that all Gemini's are phony...I just felt as if he was phony or trying to hide his true self.)

In the past, I've never really believed in Astrology but recently I decided to look into it because I started wondering why certain people have good relationship and certain people don't. Then, I kind of looked at Astrology as a "road map"--technically, you don't have to use it but if you do, you'll get to where you want to be at a faster rate.

Anyway, just curious...

Roselove
16-12-2010, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't go by that, astrology is much more complex than just sun signs..

Synastry I've found is very accurate for relationships

in a man's chart his desc, venus, moon and sun and aspects all determine what he's attracted to.. his moon and the asteriod juno and seventh house desc ruler can show who he marries, in a woman's chart it's sun, juno and desc ruler

in a woman's chart her sun, mars, seventh house desc and aspects determine what she's attracted to

you look at aspects between charts and houses and planets to determine chemistry..

ArtisticAthlete
16-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Oh, ok. Well, all of that stuff is waaayyy over my head so I guess I'll just stick to my gut instincts; it's pretty accurate.

I wouldn't go by that, astrology is much more complex than just sun signs..

Synastry I've found is very accurate for relationships

in a man's chart his desc, venus, moon and sun and aspects all determine what he's attracted to.. his moon and the asteriod juno and seventh house desc ruler can show who he marries, in a woman's chart it's sun, juno and desc ruler

in a woman's chart her sun, mars, seventh house desc and aspects determine what she's attracted to

you look at aspects between charts and houses and planets to determine chemistry..

Spiritlite
16-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Yeah what Rosewater says.......Rose....you should do charts for people hint hint.
Spiritlite

Roselove
16-12-2010, 02:52 PM
haha! i can only do basics but sure pm me anytime and i'd be happy to tell you what i can :)

Spiritlite
16-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Hey I may do that one of these days Rose :)
Spiritlite.

LightFilledHeart
16-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Should one follow the Astrology rules when it comes to dating? For example: It says a Pisces best match is Cancer or Scorpio and its worse match is Aries (I think?) and Gemini. So, there's noooo way a Pisces can have a good relationship w/ a Gemini? Isn't it more about the person and not their sign? Although, I talked to a Gemini for a couple of weeks and we did not get along. Lol. Hence the "couple of weeks". We didn't yell/argue but I just didn't get him and thought he was kind of phony... And, I didn't read the Gemini profile until after I started talking him and thought, hhm...that's kind of true.
(**Not that all Gemini's are phony...I just felt as if he was phony or trying to hide his true self.)

In the past, I've never really believed in Astrology but recently I decided to look into it because I started wondering why certain people have good relationship and certain people don't. Then, I kind of looked at Astrology as a "road map"--technically, you don't have to use it but if you do, you'll get to where you want to be at a faster rate.

Anyway, just curious...

I would say follow your heart and your gut instincts. That is going to lead you to the perfect right mate for you! Perhaps some signs DO get along better and have a more easy blending of energies, but who's to say but that the one who challenges you and is more difficult is not the relationship you are intended to have, simply by virtue of the soul growth it will afford?

I'm of the belief that the main purpose of relationships is exactly that... to teach and grow our souls!

Just my personal opinion :smile:

Adrienne
16-12-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm of the belief that the main purpose of relationships is exactly that... to teach and grow our souls!

Just my personal opinion :smile:

LightFilledHeart,

I am not wanting to argue with you or anyone else on this main purpose belief
I am just curious, just questioning.... why does everything have to be for teaching/ learning purposes ?
Can't something be ... just because ? or to have fun & enjoy life ?

sorry, I am just in a very questioning mood today :D

Chrysaetos
16-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Should one follow the Astrology rules when it comes to dating? Nope.

My advice is, don't follow and believe any astrology at all..!
It's Forer effects, confirmation biases, and wishful thinking.

And its fatalism could let you miss out a great date!

Listen to your instincts!

ArtisticAthlete
16-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks! I'll continue to listen to my instincts...but everytime I meet a guy, my intincts say, "Nope. Not that one." and I'm like, "Ugh. When will it be that one."? :crybaby2:

But, don't worry--I'm not ignoring good suitors. The men I meet aren't even potentially a match for me. It's kind of been like that my whole life and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong...b/c I'm 29, friendly, outgoing, etc. and taken-men always wonder why I'm single...b/c apparently, they would date me? Lol. Sorry, that's not going to work; I only date single men! :tongue: They always tell me I'm 'every guy's dream girl' b/c I'm cute/girly and like/play/understand all kinds of sports. But I'm starting to think, if I'm every guy's dream girl, why the heck am I still single? :cool: (Fyi: I'm not tooting my own horn on the "cute" comment...that's just what I hear so I won't fight it. haha)

Adrienne
16-12-2010, 08:36 PM
maybe you are trying too hard, to find the " right one " ?

relax, enjoy and when the right one arrives, you will know it !

best wishes to you ! :smile:

Dream Angel xx

ArtisticAthlete
16-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Perhaps you're right. But, the "hunt" for the one is a new occurence in my life--I've never really had the urge to be in a serious, committed relationship until recently. When I turned 27 (or 28) I kind of realized I was sick of casual dating and finally wanted something serious.

Geez, I sound like a man w/ the I'm ready to settle down issue. :rolleyes:

maybe you are trying too hard, to find the " right one " ?

relax, enjoy and when the right one arrives, you will know it !

best wishes to you ! :smile:

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne
16-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I can understand the difference in the wants, re casual dating vs serious relationship.

Have you read the book " Write it Down, Make it Happen " by Henriette Klauser ?

Great book, read it , write it down and Make it Happen for you !! :smile:

ArtisticAthlete
16-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I can understand the difference in the wants, re casual dating vs serious relationship.

Have you read the book " Write it Down, Make it Happen " by Henriette Klauser ?

Great book, read it , write it down and Make it Happen for you !! :smile:

No, but if it has to do w/ writing down the type of partner you want--been there, done that! :smile: I'll check it out though...

Adrienne
16-12-2010, 10:11 PM
oohhh, well .......that was mentioned in the book. Actually a person was writing to the person she wanted to marry ( but hadn't quite met yet ) . She eventually did meet him and they are living happily ever after, as of the time of book printing. :D

fresh out of other suggestions, sorry !

ArtisticAthlete
16-12-2010, 10:15 PM
oohhh, well .......that was mentioned in the book. Actually a person was writing to the person she wanted to marry ( but hadn't quite met yet ) . She eventually did meet him and they are living happily ever after, as of the time of book printing. :D

fresh out of other suggestions, sorry !

Ok. I'll try the letter. I've yet to write a letter; I've just described all the qualities I want him to have and how I want him to treat me. But, I'm not working right now and I love to write, so a letter would be good stuff. Plus, I'm a Pisces so this "dream letter" is right up my alley! :D

Adrienne
16-12-2010, 10:31 PM
May your wishes and dreams come true ! :smile:

LightFilledHeart
16-12-2010, 11:32 PM
LightFilledHeart,

I am not wanting to argue with you or anyone else on this main purpose belief
I am just curious, just questioning.... why does everything have to be for teaching/ learning purposes ?
Can't something be ... just because ? or to have fun & enjoy life ?

sorry, I am just in a very questioning mood today :D

Hi Dream!

Good question! My answer would be yes. There are MANY things we enjoy in this world and life in 3-D that are for the sheer joy of the experience. But I'm afraid I do not that to be the case for relationships. Not that there aren't moments of joy contained within the experience, for most assuredly there are, and, let's face it, if there WEREN'T there would be no way we'd keep getting involved in them...! But the main purpose, it seems to me (as is the main purpose for life in the physical realms to begin with), is for the edification of the soul... it's growth and expansion, which, of necessity, occurs only as a result of growth and learning. That's just my two cents, Dream... I'm sure you'll find many who disagree! :wink:

Resonance
17-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Dear ArtisticAthlete

Before the server crash, there used to be this wonderful being called Aquarius123 (I think) who has amazing insights into astrology. I've never had a specific interest as I think many people let it guide them too much. But Aquarius described it to me in a way that really made sense to me so hopefully it will be of use to you to.

Your sign (including the moon and the other planets) gives you certain inherent qualities that mainstream astrology calls "pros and cons" of the sign, right? Well, this is potential and never set in stone. Me, for example, I'm Airies, and I can tell you that I see A LOT of Aries in myself, both the strengths and the weaknesses. What I realised with help, is that these are just characteristics that are STRONGER in me than in others and not in any way unique or set in stone. What that means is that it will be easier for me to cultivate and strengthen those positive parts of me that correspond to my chart, and a bigger challenge for me than for others to overcome issues such as pride, arrogance, impatience and so on. But I'm in no way captured in that set of characteristics, and the funny thing is that a person I met recently who is very conscious took a long time to guess my sign. I've basically used my sign as a guide for change/learning.

The relevance to what you asked, is that, yes, signs/charts CAN be important when it comes to who we get along with, but my guess at this point is that it becomes less and less relevant the more conscious we are of ourselves and equally for the people we meet.

As for partners, I belong to the opposite side of the spectrum from a few of the others here. Sure, you can get what you want if you put your intention out there, but who are you to know what is good for you? It's the same with all kinds of goals in life: it's great to have them, but we need to be conscious about how they limit us at the same time. If you have a very set idea of the kind of partner you want/need you lock yourself into your own world of set beliefs. Not only do these change over time (God, imagine if you ended up with a partner who had the set of characteristics you craved when you were 17), but we also become blind to qualities that we don't have ourselves but could be equally important. Too often I see people's egos waaay too involved in their choice of partners.

That's why I go for intuition rather than intelletc (but it also means I've spent way more time being single than in a relationship :icon_cyclops:).

With much love
Resonance

Carly74
22-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I haven't read what the others posted, but I'm positive they're also saying what I'm about to.
You can't base everything soly on the sun sign itself. The whole chart influences the person's characteristics, not just one sign. For example, pisces and aries aren't supposed to get along because one is gentle and the other is aggressive, right? That may be so, but they could both be gentle... it all depends on the whole chart and position of the planets, but by examining the chart you could deffinately see if two people would be harmonious together or not.

sneha123
30-12-2010, 10:03 AM
haha! i can only do basics but sure pm me anytime and i'd be happy to tell you what i can :)
Its so so beautiful!!!!!!!!! i like it ,,Thanks for share with me............:hug3: :hug3: