PDA

View Full Version : Peculiar angel names

Evaah
14-12-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't know how many of you have contacted or communicated with your guardian angel, but if you have, does yours possess an "unusual" name? (As in names of concepts or even everyday objects/themes?) I've heard that typical angel names are those that are celestial in nature, ending with "el," or simple names such as John or Sarah. This makes me wonder how angels are able to communicate their "names" in the first place... since there are no such things as "names" in their realm, I mean.

But it was so random. I sat in meditation yesterday in attempt to "feel" my angel out. Since I can't quite "feel" spirit energy (I do feel tingling a LOT, though), I've been trying to practice. So I requested my guardian angel's presence, and decided to ask for its name again in order to "feel it out" and create a little connection.

The first thought that popped in my head was "sonnet." At first, I thought it was my conscious thinking (after all, I had a test in Language Arts yesterday, and we've been covering sonnets), but there was something peculiar about how this thought popped in; also, I don't recall thinking about Language Arts at the time.
So I questioned why my angel would call itself this, and I heard, "I like poetry."
..I went along with this answer, and further wondered, "What kind of poetry?"
And that little voice answered, "Japanese."
At that point, I couldn't help but laugh and reply, "You mean haiku?" But I didn't hear anything else after that.

So.. I suppose my question is: can angel names be as ordinary (for lack of a better term) as "Sonnet"? Because I thought that was rather... interesting. This also leads me to wonder how angels actually read poetry. :icon_eek:

Any insight/opinions are greatly appreciated!

Westleigh
14-12-2010, 09:03 PM
What a lovely conversation you had!

As you say, names really have very little importance in the spirit world, but our spirit teachers know that we humans like to have something to call them, and what they choose to give us really can be anything that has personal meaning to them. I have heard them using the gamut from common names to strange, unpronounceable ones.

Our guides (or guardian angels if you like to call them that) often remember their experiences on Earth well and the names they give are often linked to Earth experiences which have been important to them, such as a first name or nickname, but it makes sense that they might also choose a word that suits them. Poetry can definitely be read in the spirit world just as well as it can on Earth! :smile:

Perhaps if you are unsure, you could ask for clarification the next time you meditate (or ask if your guide ever lived in Japan? :smile:).

Evaah
14-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Yes.. it was very much exciting - progress! :D

I actually believe that guardian angels and Guides are two different types of entities, but I'll be sure to question it further when I can hear it again.

But thanks for clearing that up for me! It was so random to hear an angel call itself "Sonnet." :)

~Ev

star-child
14-12-2010, 10:29 PM
When first searching for my guardian angels name I also expected it to end in 'el' like you mentioned. The name of each angel may mean something important, for example Archangel Michael's name means God-like or close to God (I think :confused: )

I received the name Enya or Anya as my guardian Angels name. As you may know, Enya is a singer and composer. This may be a coincidence but way before all this, I really liked a song by Enya but never knew the name of the song or artist and I could easily recall a line in a movie with the name Enya in it.
Knowing that Enya was the name of a famous person as well as a possible name for my angel felt a bit strange at first. Gradually I realised Enya was a special name in my life especially after a significant event, getting into the car, my Dad changing the radio channel and what is on the radio? A song by Enya :smile: I knew that wasn't a coincidence because I could feel it in my body. Now every time I listen to that song, it's as if my angel is singing to me and I don't really think about it being a very famous song.

I know you weren't looking for personal experiences but it shows that spirits may give us appropriate names so that we can establish a stronger connection with them.

Right, I hope what i said made sense, I have just woken up! Star xxx

Evaah
14-12-2010, 10:43 PM
When first searching for my guardian angels name I also expected it to end in 'el' like you mentioned. The name of each angel may mean something important, for example Archangel Michael's name means God-like or close to God (I think :confused: )

I received the name Enya or Anya as my guardian Angels name. As you may know, Enya is a singer and composer. This may be a coincidence but way before all this, I really liked a song by Enya but never knew the name of the song or artist and I could easily recall a line in a movie with the name Enya in it.
Knowing that Enya was the name of a famous person as well as a possible name for my angel felt a bit strange at first. Gradually I realised Enya was a special name in my life especially after a significant event, getting into the car, my Dad changing the radio channel and what is on the radio? A song by Enya :smile: I knew that wasn't a coincidence because I could feel it in my body. Now every time I listen to that song, it's as if my angel is singing to me and I don't really think about it being a very famous song.

I know you weren't looking for personal experiences but it shows that spirits may give us appropriate names so that we can establish a stronger connection with them.

Right, I hope what i said made sense, I have just woken up! Star xxx
Oh, lovely! Enya's music is so enchanting. And yes, what you said made perfect sense. :) Thanks for the insight!

~Ev

Xan
15-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Ev... Perhaps the word "sonnet" is not English but some other language... such as Japanese, from the hint.

Or... maybe you didn't quiet your mind enough first and it was filling in the answers.

Xan

Evaah
15-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Ev... Perhaps the word "sonnet" is not English but some other language... such as Japanese, from the hint.
Hm.. but it was spoken just as we would say it. And from my "knowledge" of Japanese, words don't end in hard consonants (except for 'n').

Or... maybe you didn't quiet your mind enough first and it was filling in the answers.
That's what I assumed. But I decided to trust what I was getting. Also, the Japanese response threw me off, because I haven't been thinking of anything Japanese for a while. I'll keep trying. :smile:

Thanks!
~Ev

Xan
15-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Yes... keep trying, but gently. Trying too hard gets in our way.

Xan

GentleStrength
16-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I would agree that names are really more for us than for them. If the name came across as Sonnet to you then trust yourself and it doesn't really matter if anyone else has heard of a similar sounding name.

Also I am sure that if your angel wishes to be known by a different name, he/she will let you know! ;)

Angels that make you laugh are the best!

bluelight
19-12-2010, 11:13 AM
When i for the first time read about Spiritual guides i decided to test it out and try contact my own Spiritual guide... I started by relaxing... then in my mind i told ´´If i have a Spiritual guide please let me feel You are near me by making my feet tingle.´´

And after 2-5 seconds i could feel my feet tingle.... I was suprised and wasnt really ready for this... didnt realy knew what to ask.... so i simply ask if he wishes to talk to me (i read in internet that it could be a good idea) , and if the answer was yes so he should make my feet tingle again, but if not so he should make my hands tingle...
My feet started to tingle,so now i was sure he was there and wished to talk to me,but i still had no idea what such a guide really can do to me... i was just trying it out...

So i decided to ask for his name... and as i did that a name Adam poped in my head...(i dont know any Adam ir real life,si i knew it was not just a friends name who poped in my head or so).... then i asked if he had some kind of a second name and if yes-what was it.... and a name Rose poped in my head...

So at the end i again asked a Yes/No question about if his name really was Adam Rose ir i had missunderstood something...
The answer again had to be tingling in my feet if Yes and in my hands if answer was No...

The answer offcourse was Yes....so now i know his name-but i still dont really know how can a Spiritual guide help me-What can he do for me?!

Anyway-i just wanted to tell that when talking to your Spiritual guide you should be very precise about your questions and allways be ready with idea how he/she should answer to you.... by starting with yes/no questions it will be easier to learn to contact your guide...
And by making some kind off a sign as a answer-it will be easier for you to catch that answer if you are not sure that you are good at listening if he/she will simply send you a ´´yes´´...

That worked for me-but we are different-maybe wont work for you:)

Xan
19-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Nice work, bluelight.

Xan

Coming2
19-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I love this post!! What a great experience!! I remember the first time I made contact with my Guide. I found her name to be so odd and I had never heard it before, at least that I could remember. The first thing she said to me made no sense to me but after learning about her lifetimes I knew why she said what she did. It actually cracks me up today!! Anyway I have to agree with Xan about going slowly. I know how exciting it is when they first say their "Hello"....I lost my connection for many years after those first few days and I felt so disconnected after learning so much but have learned that my choices created that. Today I feel very loved and comforted by Rowena and even on the days that I forget to acknowledge her because life gets so chaotic I know that she has gently guided me. I have had a few experiences with my Guardian Angel and have even seen Him on a few occasions which brought me so much peace and joy but I do still question if the name I have is accurate. In the end, I dont think it really matters what we call them as long as we acknowledge their presence in our lives.

As far as names go..honestly I feel they give us the name they feel will be comfy for us or that they favored in a previous life...but that is just my opinion.

Many Blessings on your Journey and Merry Christmas everyone!!

Adrienne
20-12-2010, 07:58 AM
This also leads me to wonder how angels actually read poetry. :icon_eek:

Any insight/opinions are greatly appreciated!

It is not really that difficult, lol ! I am an angel & I read and write poetry :angel5:

Dream Angel xx

ps ~ Interesting topic and very cool conversation that you had with your angel !

Xan
21-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Evaah: This also leads me to wonder how angels actually read poetry. :icon_eek:

The same way they know what's going on in our lives so they can help us. They see through our eyes and minds.

Xan