PDA

View Full Version : twin or lover/ex lover?

kindheart
14-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Hey there,
I've been reading a few of these posts... and I wonder, how does one know if a lover (or as I see most often in these threads: ex lover) is a twin flame, or simply that... a lover/ ex lover? I think especially in the case of ex lovers, since heart aches are so painful under most circumstances, it could easily be misinterpreted as a twin flame, no?

There has been these back and forths between me and another guy and although I know that logically he isn't good for me, my heart loves him so much... everytime we get too close we run away from each other.. well mainly he does. And I get sooo angry and hurt every time, but it only takes a few days for me to forget about it and long for him again, and so far he too. Many syncronicities have happened in the past... i think this time the split was final, unfortunately. We never truly got the chance to get in a romantic relationship because there were always obstacles. It's complicated. I had some signs that he may be my twin flame...but could he be? and what would that mean? Or maybe he simply is just a guy with too many issues, and me who wasn't deal well enough with them and being too insecure. Hard to say, really... It is a beautiful concept though

mystical
14-12-2010, 11:52 AM
sounds to me as there is definately some conenction there , i cant tell you if he is your tiwn for only u will know the depth of ur feelings for him , a twin flame relationship is a spiritual union and shouldnt be classed as a nromal romantic relationship , twins come toegtehr when there is work to do on themselves and to spread love throught the world , with twins u have a knowing within , u know there is a deep connection a special bond that u cannot seem to break off , please check this link out and any other links on this site that may help u but please dont think that he could automaticlaly be a twin he could be a soul mate or a karmic connection , there are close similariteis between them all but twin flames is the the mirror in which we see ourselves , its nice to meet u and loking forward to seeing some more of your posts xxx

http://harusami.com/soul2soul/twinsoul.html

Westleigh
14-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Usually when you feel a powerful emotional connection with someone like this it is a soulmate relationship. You only have one twin and the likelihood of meeting your twin in a given lifetime is rare - as the previous poster pointed out, twins come together at a specific point in the development of both souls when both are at the right level of emotional maturity to cope with the experience.

I understand what you mean about heartache upon seperation. It is easy to misinterpret, but I would say it is almost impossible for an ex-lover to be a twin soul, simply because once you have met your twin it becomes impossible for either of you not to be with the other. Unless there are extenuating circumstances forcibly preventing you from being together, you will be together. And it is also impossible for there to be any question as to whether they are your twin or not. It's incomparable to any other kind of relationship. This person is not your partner, they are part of you and having discovered this extended self, being without them is like... being without your arms or your legs or without a body to walk around in.

Which is not to say that soulmate relationships are not amazing and powerful and wonderful. We are extremely lucky if we find them. :love6:

LadyImpreza1111
15-12-2010, 12:59 AM
I believe if this person is your twin, sex might be intense and fullfilling,but it won't be the most important thing because the spiritual bond alone would be just as intense. There wouldn't be lust.