PDA

View Full Version : Is the tv show ghost adventures real?

alexa_summer
01-11-2014, 06:49 AM
I get a very realistic vibe from that series...they actually show proof of the ghosts and the voices on recordings and they try to debunk it...the question is, if they have solid proof of ghost activity then why isn't any of it on national news broadcasts or anything?? No one has confirmed or denied that there is an afterlife...they've caught things on video...and that's amazing...

desert rat
01-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Unless you were with the people doing the inv. it would be hard to tell . I liked the show ghost humters , but you can find you tube videos from ex members saying they fake stuff , so who knows .

JessieBaby
02-02-2015, 11:04 AM
I am a huge fan of Ghost Adventures and i would say it is really hard to tell if it is real by watching it on TV. The beginning of the series it was really great and felt like legit ghosts hunting. I feel that as the show goes on its not how it was in the beginning and feel that its starting become more more a tv show with more like trying to scare you and more graphic effects than how it was back in the beginning but that is just me.

athribiristan
02-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Its on TV. None of it is real.

desert rat
02-02-2015, 08:43 PM
I liked most haunted untill I saw a clip with Deric Acora . He was being funny . If I find the clip I will post it as a seperet post . With a title like Deric Acora/most haunted .

Aquarisun
05-02-2015, 07:23 PM
I would think so, just be careful :) There are many paranormal shows I do love. I feel Ghost Adventures is more realistic than others yes. Most Haunted seems too fake, screaming every second and everything. Or Most Scariest Places or something like that. I did hear recently that a show I loved to watch Ghost Hunters was fake :/ That really upset me so I don't even watch. I do love A Haunting and Paranormal Witness. I would hope most of it is true but I have a feeling that some of it may be exaggerated for entertainment. Haunted Collector? Maybe, not sure haha. :)
Either way I love them all but I REALLY hope there are truth to all.

Anyway as for Ghost Adventures, I would say it's more real than Ghost Hunters and def. more real than the Most Haunted Places, etc shows.

LillyBelle
06-02-2015, 04:36 AM
I think they are all fake.

desert rat
07-02-2015, 03:27 PM
I dont know if there all fake , but some are . As there on t.v. and most people want interesting , exciting stuf to watch , some stuff might be inhanced . Most people would not watch a show where ever week you saw people setting up equment and then hearing and seeing nothing .

Little Peanut
07-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Interesting how many people loved Ghost Adventurers. I thought they were absolutely faked and ridiculous. I cannot stand to watch them, because I think they fake it too much.

However, I did like Ghost Hunters and thought they were more accurate for the most part. In the beginning anyway. The show went on too long though, and I think towards the end of their shows, they did begin to fake a lot of it. But, I still think they were better then Ghost Adventurers.

desert rat
08-02-2015, 02:40 PM
If you look on you tube you can find videos form kicked out members from ghost hunters on how they faked stuff . It would be hard to trust any thing from a kicked out member tho.

Aquarisun
09-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Yeah true, they must might be angry they got kicked out and might be spewing bad lies and stuff. What people seem to do when angry is act like the other party is really bad or something.

desert rat
09-02-2015, 03:53 PM
The kicked out ghost hunter members could be geting back at curent members , or maby they were not pros. If I find some of the videos I wll post them as a seperate post .

StarRobin
09-02-2015, 07:27 PM
I am a massive fan of Ghost Adventures! I think they have captured some great evidence of spirits, but I do also believe a few times things have been put on for 'atmosphere' and 'tension'.

anthony c
18-02-2015, 09:05 PM
I am a massive fan of Ghost Adventures! I think they have captured some great evidence of spirits, but I do also believe a few times things have been put on for 'atmosphere' and 'tension'.

Another big ghost adventure fan they are the best.I just feel it is very easy
to fake this and not so easy to get ghost on camera so i take it in with a grain of salt but still love the show and i think to myself it also could very well be true!!!!The things they get omg but they get so much on the spirit box that's amazing.
The best thing i saw was on most haunted that seamed so very real.The
meduim David wells was talking to a spirit and as he was talking to the spirit you could see orbs fly around allot that to me was great
Most haunted were at the london dungeon if you want to watch it on youtube.

teak.
18-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I belong to a paranormal investigation group. We do record some activity, but we don't get fully formed entities. For whatever reason, they cause the cameras to become blurry or shaky, like when an old VCR needs its tracking adjusted. We've recorded lots of disembodied voices. It's really interesting.

But really, most investigations are incredibly boring. You don't see or hear these recordings while you're doing the investigation. You pour through hours and hours of footage to find these little shreds of "proof" which are really only confirmations of what you experienced, but are rarely compelling enough to prove anything to people outside of your circle.

I find it difficult to believe shows that have activity on every investigation. We aren't as popular as televised groups, so we go on fewer investigations, so maybe they're only showing the eventful investigations for ratings or something.

anthony c
21-02-2015, 01:15 PM
I belong to a paranormal investigation group. We do record some activity, but we don't get fully formed entities. For whatever reason, they cause the cameras to become blurry or shaky, like when an old VCR needs its tracking adjusted. We've recorded lots of disembodied voices. It's really interesting.

But really, most investigations are incredibly boring. You don't see or hear these recordings while you're doing the investigation. You pour through hours and hours of footage to find these little shreds of "proof" which are really only confirmations of what you experienced, but are rarely compelling enough to prove anything to people outside of your circle.

I find it difficult to believe shows that have activity on every investigation. We aren't as popular as televised groups, so we go on fewer investigations, so maybe they're only showing the eventful investigations for ratings or something.
I hear you man but the places they go are the most haunted sites in the USA.
They get so much like you said it is hard to believe all that but most of their
stuff is more like on the spirit box and evp's.
They do get shadow figures and stuff but not every time.
I also take it with a grain of salt.I want to see or hear it myself before i believe 100% in ghosts.
There are so many tricks they can do that look and sound real.
cheers

StarRobin
21-02-2015, 06:58 PM
I hope they come back to the UK one day. The city I live in is said to be one of the most haunted in the country, they could come here. And it means I could follow them and stare at Zak :wink: I do watch it for the spirits as well, honestly!

anthony c
22-02-2015, 11:54 AM
I hope they come back to the UK one day. The city I live in is said to be one of the most haunted in the country, they could come here. And it means I could follow them and stare at Zak :wink: I do watch it for the spirits as well, honestly!
Sure that's why you watch the show for lollll.I heard horrible stuff about him though.Don't know if it's true

StarRobin
23-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Sure that's why you watch the show for lollll.I heard horrible stuff about him though.Don't know if it's true

Haha! I do enjoy the show, I think they have caught some amazing evidence. Oh don't tell me....well I don't know I kinda wanna know now! No no, I don't, its ok haha!

anthony c
24-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Haha! I do enjoy the show, I think they have caught some amazing evidence. Oh don't tell me....well I don't know I kinda wanna know now! No no, I don't, its ok haha!
lolllll
I love the show it's the best ghost hunting show by far but i watch it just for the ghost no women in the daaaarn show!!!:D
I don't want to say something about someone and i don't know if it true so i
rather no say if you really want to know read on the net about him.:confused1:
Hint his not gay if you think that i asume his not

StarRobin
24-02-2015, 11:29 PM
lolllll
I love the show it's the best ghost hunting show by far but i watch it just for the ghost no women in the daaaarn show!!!:D
I don't want to say something about someone and i don't know if it true so i
rather no say if you really want to know read on the net about him.:confused1:
Hint his not gay if you think that i asume his not

Nah I didn't think that! He is very good for the show, the right personality for atmosphere! That reminds me, I need to watch last Saturday's episode!

anthony c
26-02-2015, 07:49 PM
That reminds me to watch s10 e09 return to tumbstone tomorrow.What episode are you watching.hope its very active

IsiahHolmes123
26-02-2015, 08:48 PM
any show that makes money based off of rating from a network is bound to be faked at some point. Why? Well, because they make their livelihood off of their show and if no one watches it then it gets cancelled. If something happens every single episode, along with the jump scare music which sometimes masks whatever it is they say they heard, then people stay interested. If the people, in the case of ghost adventures, are extremly jumpy then its funny if nothing else. At the same time, if you go to enough haunted places with the intention of finding something you're bound to find it. On the other hand, I lived in a very haunted house for a long time and sometimes I'd go weeks without experiencing anything. Other times, it would just be a bad feeling or something of the like, which is difficult to relay to the audience through the medium of a camera. So, all and all, who knows. Im not saying its fake, they made news at one point, as did Josh Gates and his show "destination truth", but they have to keep people interested. Spirits, elementals, etc arent always cooperative so perhaps at times they have to fake it or else they don't eat ya dig?

StarRobin
27-02-2015, 11:15 AM
That reminds me to watch s10 e09 return to tumbstone tomorrow.What episode are you watching.hope its very active

I've just watched that one on YouTube, it was quite good! Debunked a couple of things but good evidence! I don't know if you live in the UK but they have just started showing season 10 here. But I'm impatient and watch it all on YouTube! :smile: You'll be pleased to know after your comment the other day...there are women in this one!

*And Zak looks good as a cowboy!*

Spirit Seeker
27-02-2015, 02:45 PM
I've been investigating for a while now and I concur with what Teak said about investigating. It can be quite boring. Like a police stakeout. You can spend a good 5-10 hours investigating a location and not have anything register on your equipment. Then you have to go back an relive that 5-10 hours of audio and video footage to see if you caught that one EVP or oddity on video tape.

But I don't think anything on Ghost Adventures is faked. The problem with the show is that, while quite entertaining to watch, is that Zak tries to make everything out to be a demon or something evil. Demons and negative entities are quite rare. Not every 3 knock or 3 scratch marks is a mocking of the Trinity. Take your hand and extend it out to a wall until the tip of your middle finger touches the wall. Now extend just a bit until your index and ringer fingers are touching. Notice now far your thumb and pinky fingers are from the wall. If somebody was trying to scratch you from almost a full arms length you can see how easy it would be to come up with only 3 scratch marks.

Like Anthony mentioned, they go to the most haunted places in the country, including a few overseas. So its believable that they can catch something in every episode. But if you notice, its not like every episode is chalk full of evidence. In some shows, when they spend the first half of it explaining the history of the location and reenactments, you know the 2nd half is going to be slow. Why? It's because they got little to present in the way of evidence. They do a good job in debunking items.

Sure some EVPs are barely audible and sketchy at best. Watching a melmter drop 2 degrees or show a 0.5 MG EMF reading shows possible activity, but its so old now that its hard to get excited about it if nothing else happens to back it up, such as a good EVP. Even the temperature on a device showing 66.6 degress is really over hyped up. The temperature reading on a melmeter can drop up and down slightly in a given range at the drop of a dime. I guarantee you that if you are in a location with a base reading of between say 65-68 over the night, at some point you are going to find your meter show a 66.6 temp. Even if its just for a brief moment. So you snap a photo at that exact moment and bingo! You have a demon lurking nearby? Highly unlikely. Even if you had a 75 degree temp and it all of a sudden dropped down to 66.6 that does not mean demon. It could be a human spirit playing pranks to try to scare people.

Of course some people are always going to cry fake, but that is the easy thing to do when they themselves won't go out in the field and see what is involved. Like was said, you have to take the TV shows with a grain of salt.

At a convention I was at a few years ago, I talked to one of the celebs from one of the TV shows and told me that the suits behind the scenes are the biggest pains. They could have captured a decent interaction on camera, but the suits might have found it boring, but found the debunked scream more interesting. Like in GA's last epsiode to Tombstone. They thought they heard somebody singing or moaning inside the Bird Cage Theater. Until they went outside and found out it was a loud karaoke bar down the street.

GA could have kept that debunking out to make it seem like there really was paranormal activity going on. To their credit, they didn't leave it out. But suits at another network would have been more interested in creating good TV theater. So the celeb told me they never know what was going into an episode until they saw it live. They signed over their "creative control" to the network.

Have some shows faked evidence? Yes, I would say so. Has Ghost Adventures? I don't think so, maybe a little over embellishment here and there of sounds and EVPs and demons.

anthony c
27-02-2015, 08:17 PM
I've just watched that one on YouTube, it was quite good! Debunked a couple of things but good evidence! I don't know if you live in the UK but they have just started showing season 10 here. But I'm impatient and watch it all on YouTube! :smile: You'll be pleased to know after your comment the other day...there are women in this one!

*And Zak looks good as a cowboy!*
I'll take your word for that and will be good,good evidence and nice ladies
It's going to be great.
I live in South Africa i watch it on you tube too.

StarRobin
01-03-2015, 09:58 PM
anthony c have you managed to watch the new episode "demons in Seattle"? If so, what did you think?

anthony c
02-03-2015, 07:51 PM
anthony c have you managed to watch the new episode "demons in Seattle"? If so, what did you think?
Hi Robin
No i have not but i am def. going to watch it tomorrow what an title sound interesting.
Will let you know tomorrow!!!
Do u believe in demons?
The last episode was good.The best evidence to me was when the fans told them they missed evidence which makes it much more believable the last time they were there...but what i did not like was when Zack after he told Aron to shut up then he said listen and before he said listen there was no sounds.As he just said listen then u here the foot steps which to me is not so believable.
I could be wrong but it sounds fishy to me and those foot steps were very loud for a ghost.
So i don't know what happens next episode but i will keep an open mind.

StarRobin
03-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi Robin
No i have not but i am def. going to watch it tomorrow what an title sound interesting.
Will let you know tomorrow!!!
Do u believe in demons?
The last episode was good.The best evidence to me was when the fans told them they missed evidence which makes it much more believable the last time they were there...but what i did not like was when Zack after he told Aron to shut up then he said listen and before he said listen there was no sounds.As he just said listen then u here the foot steps which to me is not so believable.
I could be wrong but it sounds fishy to me and those foot steps were very loud for a ghost.
So i don't know what happens next episode but i will keep an open mind.

I noticed that about Zak too, there were no sounds. I thought maybe Aaron accidentally made those footstep noises but they didn't realise. Unfortunately yes I believe they exist. But this episode....it's very interesting. It's interesting to see the crew's reaction to the couple in the house. I think it shows the crew's credibility.

anthony c
03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I noticed that about Zak too, there were no sounds. I thought maybe Aaron accidentally made those footstep noises but they didn't realise. Unfortunately yes I believe they exist. But this episode....it's very interesting. It's interesting to see the crew's reaction to the couple in the house. I think it shows the crew's credibility.

Wow what a boring episode and yes to me it def. makes them more credible
for sure!!Goes to show you that people can fake these kinda stuff.The couple could of faked the haunting maybe his wife was faking it or she was possessed.
Maybe she had an attachment but to me i think they faked it!!If i had rent a house with so much activity like they said i would not sleep there like Zack said.
To me the couple was just to calm in the investigation.
Not often do ghost adventures get no evidence 1 camera battery got drained maybe a battery or camera malfunction
I really don't know what to make of this episode:confused:

anthony c
03-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Ohhh and another thing they distrusted the couple in the beginning all ready
and i thought they were telling the truth so they know its hard to get
demons that turn furniture upside down and burn bibles.
SHAME ON THE COUPLE BOOOOO!!!!

StarRobin
03-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Wow what a boring episode and yes to me it def. makes them more credible
for sure!!Goes to show you that people can fake these kinda stuff.The couple could of faked the haunting maybe his wife was faking it or she was possessed.
Maybe she had an attachment but to me i think they faked it!!If i had rent a house with so much activity like they said i would not sleep there like Zack said.
To me the couple was just to calm in the investigation.
Not often do ghost adventures get no evidence 1 camera battery got drained maybe a battery or camera malfunction
I really don't know what to make of this episode :confused:

I thought that too, I wondered maybe they are telling the truth and she is kind of possessed, but I'm not convinced by them. And at the end when the crew said they received a pic from the couple saying the demon had now resorted to nailing clothes to the wall or door...I'm sorry, I said this on an FB group, why, of all the evil things a demon could do, would they possibly want to nail clothes up?? I'd like to see the crew do an Aftershocks episode with them and confronting them with what they believe happened.