PDA

View Full Version : what is the purpose of hearing exactly what you just learned or felt repeated back 2u

jturk
06-12-2010, 07:34 AM
ive noticed a pattern in life that once i have a new experience of some kind, a new emotional experience or something learned. i will often hear it somewhere else within a few days of realizing it in my own life.

when i say "hear it" i mean i will basically hear the exact experience repeated back to me via (could be anything) audio books, tv, etc....

what is the purpose of this?

Xan
06-12-2010, 11:54 PM
The repetition is simply reinforcing the message for you, and where it comes from.

Xan

Coming2
07-12-2010, 12:51 AM
I agree with Xan...usually wen we hear something repeated again it is confirmation that what we have learned or heard needs to be taken to heart. It is a reminder that what you have experienced is real and significant.

Silver
07-12-2010, 01:42 AM
I say it's because it's new. You've had an experience that assimilates into your system / memory and a person just perks up at hearing it shortly after the very first incident...

Sangress
07-12-2010, 02:09 AM
It's convenient.

It's like watching a movie a second time, you notice little things about it that you didn't the first time around and it increases your chances of remembering the lesson you learned.